View Full Version : SCSC Season Opener March 3 & 4 Roll Call

rossdbos
02-19-2007, 07:56 PM
O.K. Ladies and Gentlemen:
Sleep time is OVER!!! It's just about that time again to start racing and Ming will be the place in just under two weeks time. So without further adieu, who is coming? Please respond by class and boat #. I have heard some pretty significant numbers in our flatbottom classes and want to confirm or deny the rumors!
BTW, get those pre-registrations in to Ann Hoban (760) 665-8098 ASAP to avoid the late fee's!
Thanks,
Ross Wallach, SCSC/RPM RACING ENT.

lilrick
02-19-2007, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the reminder. I'll get on it!

dossangers
02-19-2007, 09:12 PM
What ever TONYS runn'in Im in that one! nostalgia? or the faster on! Me and the king are planning on being there!!!!!!

Moneypitt
02-19-2007, 11:52 PM
:confused: No 89, but the 52 and 690 PS boats will be there.:) :)

MAXIMUS
02-20-2007, 05:39 AM
GN 305 will be there...:)

Jetboatguru
02-20-2007, 07:59 AM
Ross,
The newly painted Traffic Cone will be there as well as the new Capsule K.

MAXIMUS
02-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Ross,
The newly painted Traffic Cone will be there as well as the new Capsule K.
You better not have painted the cone!:mad: That damn thing was fully OG!:burningm: :eat:
Whay da do... paint it like the "WILD CHILDMOLESTER"...:notam:

Jetboatguru
02-20-2007, 10:13 AM
You better not have painted the cone!:mad: That damn thing was fully OG!:burningm: :eat:
Whay da do... paint it like the "WILD CHILDMOLESTER"...:notam:
Ben,
We painted it tangello. (sp) It got new anodizing and side battons. The only thing we left OG are the floors. They still look like a heap of caca.

the real k-boat king
02-20-2007, 04:21 PM
Hey wayne i didn't know we were partners, there's only one king, see you in bakersfield. if it doesn't go chrome it.:D :D

BROADMINDED
02-20-2007, 05:12 PM
hi ross,
SS29 and SS15 will be there.

MAXIMUS
02-20-2007, 05:27 PM
Hey wayne i didn't know we were partners, there's only one king, see you in bakersfield. if it doesn't go chrome it.:D :D
The gorganite speaks!:D I like to give a shout out to my amigo.... the gorgamister! Hey gorgamy!:)

MAXIMUS
02-20-2007, 05:29 PM
Ben,
We painted it tangello. (sp) It got new anodizing and side battons. The only thing we left OG are the floors. They still look like a heap of caca.
Next you will put chrome billet tribal flamed speaker grillz in it n shit...:notam: ya that shit is "DOPE"...:squiggle:

FlatStupid
02-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Next you will put chrome billet tribal flamed speaker grillz in it n shit...:notam: ya that shit is "DOPE"...:squiggle:Wait till ya see the tower!:D

Wildchild80
02-20-2007, 10:27 PM
SS 80 will be there look forward to seeing all of you there

Flat Hall'N
02-21-2007, 02:16 PM
PS929 will be in attendance. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Mr. V-Driver
02-22-2007, 04:47 PM
:)

Wrenchforce
02-22-2007, 06:47 PM
O.K. Ladies and Gentlemen:
Sleep time is OVER!!! It's just about that time again to start racing and Ming will be the place in just under two weeks time. So without further adieu, who is coming? Please respond by class and boat #. I have heard some pretty significant numbers in our flatbottom classes and want to confirm or deny the rumors!
BTW, get those pre-registrations in to Ann Hoban (760) 665-8098 ASAP to avoid the late fee's!
Thanks,
Ross Wallach, SCSC/RPM RACING ENT.
Ross - is there a schedule of events/races available? I'm in Palo Alto, but can be to Lake Ming in a few hours. I'm assuming that there's camping out there. A weekend of spectating, that sounds like a hot. Thanks
Sean

mikejr ss63
02-22-2007, 07:18 PM
ss-63 will fur sure be there

rossdbos
02-23-2007, 09:01 AM
I will have the schedule posted next week. Racing should begin at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday and 9:00 a.m. on Sunday. Camping is available both at the Lake or at Hart Park (adj. to the Lake). No Tents in the pits, Motorhome camping and the fee is $30/weekend made payable to Kern County Parks & Rec (or Cash).
Thanks,
Ross Wallach, Race Director, SCSC

Moneypitt
02-26-2007, 07:52 AM
Well kids, here we go. Seems like a year since Parker. I hear that Jeff Wooton and Lil Rick plan on Thursday morning testing. Anyone else? I called La Quinta hotel and the Thursday night price is the same as the racer block, $55. I plan on 7 AM Thursday to watch the testing, just can't wait for that "fix"...
Question for Ross, are we restricted by Kern County rules governing alcohol? I know some times in the past it was totally banned, and last time (Oct) there was some confusion as to SCSC's permit.......Not a big deal, but everyone should know one way or the other..........(and yes I know about racing days rules)............
In case you don't know, there is a stout fine for open alcohol consumption at the park, a Kern Co. rule, unless the club has included it in their permit. ........Looking forward to another BS session at the La Quinta pool Friday night......Drive safe, see you there............MP
PS...PS550 is "doubtful"......"but you never know"....(per Henry)....

lilrick
02-26-2007, 07:54 AM
adda' boy Ray!

dossangers
02-28-2007, 03:49 PM
Ross whats the schedual for sat. practice & heat times for K's?

rossdbos
02-28-2007, 05:34 PM
The lake is open per the county for a nominal fee on Thursday for testing. Saturday and Sunday we have full schedules. Most people have already tested or are testing Thursday and possibly Friday if you have CF numbers and the Ranger is being cool, like he usually is.
See ya there.
Ray, I can't discuss the policy on Alcohol publicly because the insurance rider doesn't cover the PUBLIC, just the racers. I suggest you attend driver's meeting on Saturday morning to get the "official" word.
Ross

*BN*
02-28-2007, 06:39 PM
Will the schedule be posted here? Or somewhere else?

Moneypitt
02-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Will the schedule be posted here? Or somewhere else?
Ross will correct me if need be, but I think the actual times the different classes race are beyond the scope prior to actual race day, and then it is a rough guess. This is because the number of boats may change requiring additional qualifing heats, some boats may need to be towed in, some classes take longer than others, some drivers can't seem to get lined up properly for a good start, etc etc.......Saturday morning Ross hands out a schedule of class order, meaning this class runs first, that one second and so on..Even that can change because of weather or water conditions.....I would say 9AM is a good time to arrive to watch, racing will start shortly thereafter, and continue until completed for the day. Should be a good show all around......MP

dmontzsta
02-28-2007, 07:11 PM
I cant wait. I am going up Friday night and staying until Sunday. My Dad is going to be the rider for Gary Sorenberger in P-37, I am going to hang out with everyone and help where I can. :)
See you all there.

GofastRacer
02-28-2007, 07:25 PM
I cant wait. I am going up Friday night and staying until Sunday. My Dad is going to be the rider for Gary Sorenberger in P-37, I am going to hang out with everyone and help where I can. :)
See you all there.
You're lucky I didn't see this first!..:D

GofastRacer
02-28-2007, 07:27 PM
and help where I can. :)
See you all there.
Be careful, I may just put you to work!..:D

dmontzsta
02-28-2007, 08:08 PM
You're lucky I didn't see this first!..:D
See what? :D

GofastRacer
02-28-2007, 08:34 PM
See what? :D
:p :p :D

RitcheyRch
02-28-2007, 09:06 PM
I will be there as a spectator.

fc-pilot
02-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Who's boat are you going to be working on?
Paul

GofastRacer
03-01-2007, 04:48 AM
Who's boat are you going to be working on?
Paul
PS52

dmontzsta
03-01-2007, 09:38 AM
Thats ok, I do what I can to help out my people. Sammons wants to put me to work too, so between You, Dave and P-37 I should keep myself busy. :)

creepingcharlie
03-01-2007, 06:10 PM
This will be my first time to a SCSC held race. I'm hope to meet some of you circleboat guys. After seeing them run at chowtown two years ago I'm hook. I will be spectating on Sunday. Good luck to all racer and stay safe.

VDRIVERACING
03-01-2007, 06:15 PM
This will be my first time to a SCSC held race. I'm hope to meet some of you circleboat guys. After seeing them run at chowtown two years ago I'm hook. I will be spectating on Sunday. Good luck to all racer and stay safe.
Welcome Charlie! Look forward to meeting you.

GofastRacer
03-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Welcome, hope to see ya there!..

GofastRacer
03-01-2007, 06:28 PM
Thats ok, I do what I can to help out my people. Sammons wants to put me to work too, so between You, Dave and P-37 I should keep myself busy. :)
Well at least won't be able to say you were bored all weekend!..:D

RitcheyRch
03-01-2007, 06:50 PM
We will be there as spectators. Looking forward to it since never been to these races.

GofastRacer
03-01-2007, 07:05 PM
We will be there as spectators. Looking forward to it since never been to these races.
You won't be sorry!..

469 the coyote
03-01-2007, 08:00 PM
You won't be sorry!..
Art, If I new that you were going to the bako race this weekend I could have sent your down pedal with tony. PM me your # and I will see if joey grose is going down tomorrow and I could have him bring it to you.
Lester

FlatStupid
03-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Art, If I new that you were going to the bako race this weekend I could have sent your down pedal with tony. PM me your # and I will see if joey grose is going down tomorrow and I could have him bring it to you.
Lester
Joeys flying down in the morning! Gotta keep that junk together!!:D

GofastRacer
03-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Lester
Hey Lester, if Joey is going just give it to him I'll see him there no problem!..

469 the coyote
03-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Ill try and get it to him before he leaves.

RitcheyRch
03-02-2007, 05:13 AM
Looking forward to some noise.
You won't be sorry!..

raff
03-03-2007, 06:43 AM
Time to go:D

Hud
03-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Anyone hear whats going on down there?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Anyone hear whats going on down there?
Unofficial finishes phoned in from the "world famous" Paul Whittington.
SS
1st Davey Boy ss-80
2nd Darner SS-8
SS-68 Chris Kenner
K
1st Davey Boy in the winged K-69 FreedomChild
2nd Dennis Rankin in the "cone" K-5
3rd Scarlata in "Shazaam" K-51
4th Dossangers in K-50
5th Dale Hernandez Jr. in K-711 and they went all 4 laps hard.
6th Charley Marquard in K-151
7th Dalhoff broke in K-17
There was one more boat in the final but I don't know who....
GN
1st Joey Cucci
2nd Grich running a carbureted motor
PS
1st PS 80 Bryant
2nd Kenner
3rd Darner
4th Hernandez
5th Flat haulin
6th Allerton

Hud
03-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Thanks Jerry!

dmontzsta
03-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Rankin's boat is unbelievable, everytime. :)

steelcomp
03-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Gritch was a little down in power with an injected n/a back-up motor...they lost a head gasket in the blown motor. Joey got pretty far out in front, and he and Gritch were the only two out there, so Gritch just cruised. The other injected RasonCraft (don't rmember the number or name, just that it had tuned stacks on it and it was red and white) had a slight problem with a hole in the block. :cry:
It was a real nice day. Good weather, and safe boating.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Rankin's boat is unbelievable, everytime. :)
Soooo? How did shadetree like his cracker ride?

dmontzsta
03-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Soooo? How did shadetree like his cracker ride?
It blew up in my face, I thought he would poop in his pants. He is addicted now! He was upset that they were disqualified in the second heat for jumping the clock, cause he wanted another ride. Gary has found a new rider now and they get along great. He said most riders do not want to do it again, but shadetree is waiting in the boat and ready to go before he is. :)
I have been helping them out all day and will be tomorrow.

uclahater
03-04-2007, 08:30 AM
It blew up in my face, I thought he would poop in his pants. He is addicted now! He was upset that they were disqualified in the second heat for jumping the clock, cause he wanted another ride. Gary has found a new rider now and they get along great. He said most riders do not want to do it again, but shadetree is waiting in the boat and ready to go before he is. :)
Thanks for calling me back:mad: :mad: :mad:

Mrs.Racer277
03-04-2007, 08:34 AM
Great turn out yesterday. Beautiful day and great racing.....Hope today is more of the same. Wind is really picking up right now.

Mrs.Racer277
03-04-2007, 08:37 AM
What ever TONYS runn'in Im in that one! nostalgia? or the faster on! Me and the king are planning on being there!!!!!!
Beautiful boat

Hallett
03-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the update sounds like a great weekend
& everyone is safe. ;)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Sunday (called in from Whittington)
K's
Dave Bryant K-69
Guru K-51
Dalhoff K-17
Dennis Rankin K-5
K-711 didn't run all day.
PS
Bryant PS-80
Kenner PS-68
Hernandez PS-690
SS
Bryant SS-80
Kenner SS-63
Peralta SS-126 "no showed!":D
GN
Cucci
Split 2nd and 3rd in two sunday races
Grich and Tuttle
We'll have to wait for Rossdboss to list the official weekend overall results.

dmontzsta
03-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Thanks for calling me back:mad: :mad: :mad:
Jim, my phone was on roam all weekend, so I left it in the truck, everyone was pulling me away from it after Saturday morning, cause I was still doing some work. I apologize good friend! :) The only calls I made was in the morning (to my wife and son) and at night (to my wife and son) two calls per day! :)
You know I still love you right? :D

lilrick
03-04-2007, 08:20 PM
"Grand Wizard"???.....oh I get it.

dmontzsta
03-04-2007, 09:07 PM
"Grand Wizard"???.....oh I get it.
Good job acting like you dont know! :D
I think we recruited alot of members this weekend, I am starting to see more and more scalps out there. :D lol

lilrick
03-05-2007, 05:54 AM
"wake up *hite people" (Daniel Carver):D

Mrs Luvnlife
03-05-2007, 06:00 AM
Just wanted to say 'thanks' to all the racers for doing what you do....as a spectator I love circle boats and it was a great weekend of racing....thanks :) .
The crackerbox guys are nuts :eek: :messedup: :D .

Mrs Luvnlife
03-05-2007, 06:20 AM
Hey Don....we saw ya, we were standing at the ramp as you were loading the boat. We were gonna say hi, but you looked pretty busy and we didn't want to mess up your program. You did a fine job loading the boat :D .
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o238/mraff/mingcboat028.jpg
Funny too, I was telling Cale as the crackers were out....I bet Don's dad is having a blast out there! Ya figure ya either love it or hate it :D .

uclahater
03-05-2007, 07:28 AM
Jim, my phone was on roam all weekend, so I left it in the truck, everyone was pulling me away from it after Saturday morning, cause I was still doing some work. I apologize good friend! :) The only calls I made was in the morning (to my wife and son) and at night (to my wife and son) two calls per day! :)
You know I still love you right? :D
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH:idea: :idea:

dmontzsta
03-05-2007, 07:42 AM
Hey Don....we saw ya, we were standing at the ramp as you were loading the boat. We were gonna say hi, but you looked pretty busy and we didn't want to mess up your program. You did a fine job loading the boat :D .
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o238/mraff/mingcboat028.jpg
Funny too, I was telling Cale as the crackers were out....I bet Don's dad is having a blast out there! Ya figure ya either love it or hate it :D .
haha. I thought I saw you guys standing up there, but I couldnt really tell. Gary put me to work this weekend, I only really saw the cracker races and parts of the other ones. On and off the trailer, then he was quick to have it refueled, puke tank drained and give it a quick once over. The boat ran great all weekend actually. The only thing that went wrong was the fitting to the carb worked its way loose and was spraying fuel on the final lap of qualifying.
Are you going to Parker?

RitcheyRch
03-05-2007, 07:56 AM
Ditto that. We were there on Saturday and have an absolute blast watching all of the races. I really enjoyed watching the A class hydros.
Just wanted to say 'thanks' to all the racers for doing what you do....as a spectator I love circle boats and it was a great weekend of racing....thanks :) .
The crackerbox guys are nuts :eek: :messedup: :D .

kryptonite
03-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Gritch was a little down in power with an injected n/a back-up motor...they lost a head gasket in the blown motor. Joey got pretty far out in front, and he and Gritch were the only two out there, so Gritch just cruised. The other injected RasonCraft (don't rmember the number or name, just that it had tuned stacks on it and it was red and white) had a slight problem with a hole in the block. :cry:
It was a real nice day. Good weather, and safe boating.
Red and White Boat?:rolleyes: :D

rossdbos
03-05-2007, 10:22 AM
Congratulations to all the racers that participated in the SCSC 2007 Season Opener presented by Ahern Rentals, Casale Engineering, Jammin Jet Ski & ATV Rentals of Riverside. Thanks to my great Staff and volunteers who make it all possible! Great weather, lot's of boats, alot of rookies and of course great, SAFE, racing for all to enjoy! Parker is going to be great!
Here are your official overall results:
Cracker Box:
1st-Steve Tustison/Jeff Hansen "Clean Logic" P74 San Juan Capistrano, CA
2nd-Richard Rucki/Bob Williams P111 Garden Grove, CA
3rd-Dan Doidge/Ken Knudson "Gramps Cracker" P21, Anaheim, CA
Super Stock:
Pos. Driver Owner # Hometown
1st-Dave Bryant/Dave Rankin SS-80 Hacienda Heights, CA
2nd-Chris Kenner/Mike Beard, SS-63 Utah
3rd-Jeff Brocheuser SS-68 Durham, CA
Pro Stock:
1st-Dave Bryant/Dave Rankin PS-80 Hacienda Heights, CA
2nd-Chris Kenner/Jeff Brocheuser "Loud & Proud" PS-681 Chico, CA
3rd-Dale Hernandez Jr. "Stars & Stripes" PS-690 St. Paul, MN
K Racing Runabout:
1st- Dave Bryant/Gordon Jennings "Freedom Child" K-69 Foothill Ranch, CA
2nd-Tony Scarlata/Craig Kinnaman "Shazam" K-51 Big Sky, MT
3rd-Jeff Wooton "The Rocket" K-346 Pasadena, CA
Grand National:
1st-Joe Cucci/Ted Kolby "The Body Snatcher" GN24 Playa Del Rey, CA
2nd-Skip Tuttle/Arlene Bohenna GN711, Antioch, CA
3rd-Paul Grichar/Ben Marrone "Plan B" GN305 Arcadia, CA
Nostalgia Flat:
1st-Bob Williams/Jim Best #141 Pinon Hills, CA
2nd-Dave Laws/Nick Granger- Owner Greg Falconer"CrackerJack" 24P La Palma
3rd-Matt Wooton- #346 Pasadena, CA
Nostalgia Endurance:
1st-Bart Cromwell #331 Ontario, CA
2nd-Bob Williams/Jim Best #141 Pinon Hills, CA
3rd-Chris Kholes #724 Hermosa Beach, CA
Nostalgia Jet:
1st- Ralph Brunt #CJ812 Long Beach, CA
2nd- Jim Rich #CJ72 Gilbert, AZ
3rd-David Carrasco/Roger Finney #288 Lake Havasu City, AZ

dmontzsta
03-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Thanks for all your work making it happen Ross, it was good seeing you out there.
See you in Parker.

MAXIMUS
03-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Thanks a bunch Ross! Had another great weekend... Looking forward to parker! :)

Mrs Luvnlife
03-05-2007, 05:44 PM
haha. I thought I saw you guys standing up there, but I couldnt really tell. Gary put me to work this weekend, I only really saw the cracker races and parts of the other ones. On and off the trailer, then he was quick to have it refueled, puke tank drained and give it a quick once over. The boat ran great all weekend actually. The only thing that went wrong was the fitting to the carb worked its way loose and was spraying fuel on the final lap of qualifying.
Are you going to Parker?
How is your Dad today....beat up at all :D ?
Don't think we'll make Parker, we tried to make it last year and were hoping to make it this year, but I think it falls on the same weekend as the IHBA opener :squiggle: .

dmontzsta
03-05-2007, 05:50 PM
How is your Dad today....beat up at all :D ?
Don't think we'll make Parker, we tried to make it last year and were hoping to make it this year, but I think it falls on the same weekend as the IHBA opener :squiggle: .
You know, he is actually good to go. He said he will not be able to wait 6 weeks to ride again. :)
Well that stinks you wont make Parker. I am sure we will catch up with you out there soon, we will be crewing with P-37 for the rest of the season so make sure you find us!

Mrs Luvnlife
03-05-2007, 06:17 PM
You know, he is actually good to go. He said he will not be able to wait 6 weeks to ride again. :)
Well that stinks you wont make Parker. I am sure we will catch up with you out there soon, we will be crewing with P-37 for the rest of the season so make sure you find us!
That's awesome, glad to hear he had such a good time!
Dag nabbit, we walked through the pits a couple times, but I never looked for any boat in particular, we just happened to be coming back when the crackers finished and we saw you. Definitely would love to see you guys, I don't think they come back to Ming this year either :( .