PDA

View Full Version : Desert Storm has arrived. Let's make this thing work!

C-2
02-20-2007, 10:27 AM
Desert Storm has arrived. LetÂ’s make this thing work!
For the past eight years the Spring Poker Run has jump started the boating season at Havasu. For the first time in its history, the run has been accepted and received by even its harshest critics. In short, the poker run has “arrived” and is now a nationally-recognized event.
However, few people realize the challenges we face in staging this event every year. Since the time it was started in 99Â’, the primary goals of this event were to create a special experience for our participants, and to enable us to give back to our communities by raising money for charity. Fast forward to 2007 and we feel great about how the event has grown, and we still raise a fair amount of money for our charity - but it could be much better!
There are 200 participant boats, but we estimate the poker run draws literally tens of thousands of spectators. Over the course of the past three years and thru poker run registrations, we have raised about $18,000 for charity. While that number is huge to our charity, itÂ’s still small in comparison to how many people enjoy this event.
LetÂ’s change that. This is where everybody who enjoys the poker run can help.
For the past several years, LHC resident Karen Gill, thru her military support charity Troops Now and Tomorrow, Inc., has worked tirelessly to assemble those special care packages we have all become familiar with. The difference is, Karen is very good at what she does. In fact, she was recognized by People magazine for her efforts. However, shipping packages to our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan costs money. And while product donations (including 100 ***boat magazines per month from HB) are ample, the cash to ship them is not.
Our poker run seems to have taken on a life of its own, but the reality is, the run was started and continues to be run by a small, core group of regular boaters. We are not a large, corporate giant whose business is promoting poker runs. We have regular jobs, regular boats and families, and work throughout the year to keep this thing going.
This year, as a “thank you” for our efforts, we are asking you to show your appreciation by supporting Troops Now and Tomorrow, Inc..

C-2
02-20-2007, 10:28 AM
On another note, it is also with a saddened and heavy heart to report that 20 year old PFC Kris Taylor lost his battle with brain cancer shortly before Christmas. Some of you might recall Kris was one of eight Marines we invited to last yearÂ’s poker run.
Many of our participants stepped up and took these Marines for an experience they'll never forget, treating them to a special day on the water. A few of you also took time to email kind words of encouragement to PFC Taylor during his battle. A great big THANK YOU is well deserved.
PFC Taylor, who hailed from Texas, wanted nothing more than to stand beside his fellow Marines and serve his country. Godspeed PFC Taylor. You will be missed, but your service never forgotten.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
HereÂ’s how you can help.
Troops Now and Tomorrow, Inc. is a non-profit, tax exempt and qualified charity. We would like to collect contributions and present them to Karen at the poker run. We are hoping to double the amount we raise thru poker run registration, so our goal is to raise $5,000-$10,000 for her charity.
“90% of most Americans want to support the troops, but don’t know how” according to Karen. Like many of you, I fall into that 90% group. Karen’s charity offers a turnkey, easy and quick solution for those of us who want to help, but don’t know how. I will start this thing off by sending Troops Now and Tomorrow a $100 check.
Please also note, these checks will be held and not presented to Karen until April 28, so please make note of the check when reconciling your bank account.
Checks made payable to Troops Now and Tomorrow, Inc. can be sent to the following address:
Troops Now and Tomorrow
c/o Lakeracer LLC
PO Box 86006
Phoenix, Az 85080
If you or your company donates $500 or more, you will receive special recognition at the awards banquet.
Help us make Art fit a bunch of names into an already crowded awards itinerary! (Sorry Art!)

C-2
02-20-2007, 10:28 AM
And one last thingÂ…Â…
Over the years and behind the scenes I have helped numerous people on this board. IÂ’ve never expected anything in return, but by my best recollection, I have enough beer coming to keep me happy for a very, very long time.
Please re-direct my beer and turn it into a donation for Troops Now and Tomorrow.
For anybody who knows me personally, me giving up free beer would leave people speechless. However, I am committed to helping Karen and her charity, so please show me your appreciation by supporting her charity.
:)

TOBTEK
02-20-2007, 11:07 AM
Have you noticed that the date is listed as April 14 & 15 in Extreme boat mag.

burtandnancy2
02-20-2007, 01:46 PM
C2, good luck and see you there...

LakeRacer
02-20-2007, 02:03 PM
On another note, it is also with a saddened and heavy heart to report that 20 year old PFC Kris Taylor lost his battle with brain cancer shortly before Christmas. Some of you might recall Kris was one of eight Marines we invited to last yearÂ’s poker run.
Many of our participants stepped up and took these Marines for an experience they'll never forget, treating them to a special day on the water. A few of you also took time to email kind words of encouragement to PFC Taylor during his battle. A great big THANK YOU is well deserved.
PFC Taylor, who hailed from Texas, wanted nothing more than to stand beside his fellow Marines and serve his country. Godspeed PFC Taylor. You will be missed, but your service never forgotten.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
HereÂ’s how you can help.
Troops Now and Tomorrow, Inc. is a non-profit, tax exempt and qualified charity. We would like to collect contributions and present them to Karen at the poker run. We are hoping to double the amount we raise thru poker run registration, so our goal is to raise $5,000-$10,000 for her charity.
“90% of most Americans want to support the troops, but don’t know how” according to Karen. Like many of you, I fall into that 90% group. Karen’s charity offers a turnkey, easy and quick solution for those of us who want to help, but don’t know how. I will start this thing off by sending Troops Now and Tomorrow a $100 check.
Please also note, these checks will be held and not presented to Karen until April 28, so please make note of the check when reconciling your bank account.
Checks made payable to Troops Now and Tomorrow, Inc. can be sent to the following address:
Troops Now and Tomorrow
c/o Lakeracer LLC
PO Box 86006
Phoenix, Az 85080
If you or your company donates $500 or more, you will receive special recognition at the awards banquet.
Help us make Art fit a bunch of names into an already crowded awards itinerary! (Sorry Art!)
Craig,
Count me in for an additional $100. And I won't mind mentioning a few more names at the awards banquet. :D

Baja Big Dog
02-20-2007, 02:26 PM
And one last thingÂ…Â…
Over the years and behind the scenes I have helped numerous people on this board. IÂ’ve never expected anything in return, but by my best recollection, I have enough beer coming to keep me happy for a very, very long time.
Please re-direct my beer and turn it into a donation for Troops Now and Tomorrow.
For anybody who knows me personally, me giving up free beer would leave people speechless. However, I am committed to helping Karen and her charity, so please show me your appreciation by supporting her charity.
:)
Thought about starting a PayPal account to make it alot easier to donate?

jdnichols
02-20-2007, 05:48 PM
We accept Mastercard and Visa thru our online store, I can setup a donation charge and make it 50,100,150,200 ect.
Would that make it easier?

shueman
02-20-2007, 07:41 PM
$6k a year is a disappointment, IMO....:(

dicudmore
02-20-2007, 07:44 PM
where's the entry list boys and girls?? :D :D
I can't wait to see the line-up of hitters for this one!

LHC30Victory
02-20-2007, 07:54 PM
1) Dicudmore :D
2)

Pro Max
02-20-2007, 07:55 PM
Im registered, Im defintly not the fastest I hope im not the slowest.....But I sure have the most fun :)

C-2
02-20-2007, 08:10 PM
1) Dicudmore :D
2)
And talk about giving backÂ…..
We do a mini poker hand for the volunteer staff and safety crew. Mimi and Ted (LHC30VICTORY) won the handÂ…Â…but they donated it to our charity. Not many people would walk away from $500, but they did.
Very cool.:)

INSman
02-20-2007, 09:02 PM
And talk about giving backÂ…..
We do a mini poker hand for the volunteer staff and safety crew. Mimi and Ted (LHC30VICTORY) won the handÂ…Â…but they donated it to our charity. Not many people would walk away from $500, but they did.
Very cool.:)
Ted and Mimi are awesome !!!
Any volunteers for course safety or something like that ?? Paypal would be a good thing as well....

jdnichols
02-20-2007, 09:55 PM
Well, I didn't setup paypal, but here's a way for credit card donations!
Lakeracer Troops Now & Tomorrow Donations (https://www.shop.lakeracerllc.com/displayProductDocument.hg?productId=19&categoryId=1)

jdnichols
02-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Check the lastest, LA and Miami issues, They fixed it big time :) nice big ad.

jdnichols
02-20-2007, 10:02 PM
Should have it up in a couple of days!

C-2
02-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the suggestion Baja.
I would like to avoid a PayPal thing, it's not my charity and I'm not sure Karen is geared for paypal either. Whenever you do a paypal donation dealio, it always seems to create more hassle than it's worth. Sending an ole fashioned check made payable directly to the charity eliminates any accounting issues.

dirty old man
02-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Why are you talking about the fastest already? Thats not supposed to be the theme

UnionJack
02-21-2007, 11:16 AM
How do I find out if he got my registration for the poker run?

Baja Big Dog
02-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Why are you talking about the fastest already? Thats not supposed to be the theme
Thanks, Ill tell my office girl (I call her my dollar nazi) to send a check, credit card is easier cause she doesnt know until afterwards,,,my motto "Its better to ask for forgivness than to ask for permission"...HA
Well send a check............;)

jdnichols
02-21-2007, 05:09 PM
How do I find out if he got my registration for the poker run?
I've got it. :) Will be mailing out wrist bands and receipts shortly. As well as posting the entries here.
Jim

LHC30Victory
02-24-2007, 07:03 PM
Hey Y'all, this deserves a BUMP!!!
and maybe a sticky :idea:

ClownRoyal
02-24-2007, 07:31 PM
That was 2006. Jeeze.

ClownRoyal
02-24-2007, 07:34 PM
I would think the 50' Outerlimits 'Gold Digger' will be here.

Liquid Courage
02-24-2007, 08:56 PM
I would think the 50' Outerlimits 'Gold Digger' will be here.
It will be....it's making it's "water debut" at this run.

jdnichols
02-26-2007, 10:55 PM
Here is the Registration list todate. 75 boats are signed up.
As many of you know, Tres Martin will be running his performance school classes the week before the event. He has given me an entry into the high performance class. We will raffle it off before the run to the people registered at that time. The entry will be good for classes at other sites if the winner can't make the April one. So make sure you get signed up! Raffle date is early March!
ParticipantName City State Make Length Model BoatName
Anderson, Dave Murrieta CA Eliminator 28 Daytona ICC Faster Pussycat
Anderson, Ronald B (Eric) Tucson AZ Skater 40 40 Flat Deck The Chase is On
Annett, Phil Santa Clarita CA Fountain 35 Lightning Rat Bastard
Beckman, Brent Lake Elsinore CA
Bettencourt, John Stockton CA Hustler 38 Tallon Cats Meow
Bobbitt, Michael Huntington Beach CA Douglas Marine 40 Skater Risky Business
Bowden, Wayne Sandy UT Eliminator 36 Daytona
Boyadjian, Haig Montebello CA
Cannan, Matt Wildomar CA ?
Chavez, J. Brad Wellton AZ Eliminator 25 Daytona
Chavez, John & Paula Wellton AZ Eliminator 27 Daytona
Davidge, Mark & Lori Las Vegas NV Spectre 36 36 cat U ppity Bitch
Davis, David Solana Beach CA Formula 38 Fastech Fossil Fuel
DeFrees, Michael and Cristi Vancouver WA MTI 42 CAT Team CRC
Denette, Armand and Crystal Chandler AZ Howard 22 Offshore 7 Year Itch
Dey, Tim and Cheryl Tahoe City CA Spectre 36 Cat Tunnel Vision
Drysdale, Garrett Queen Creek AZ Formula 38 382 Fastec Desert Oasis
El Zein, James Riverside CA Skater 40 40 flat deck Safa 1
Ellis, Dan Valencia CA Cigarette 35 Playboy Heat Her Up
Ellis, Sheryl Lynnwood WA Nodic 28 Heat
Elroy, Glen and Susan Valencia CA Formula 35 Fastec 353 Wazzn Me
Fardig, Rick Lake Tapps WA Eliminator 28 Daytona High Roller
Fernsten, Taylor Alta Loma CA DCB 32 F-32 Heir Ride
Feuerstein, Richard & Marcy Imperial Ca Warlock 29 World Class
Findley, Thaddeus Los Angeles CA Skater 32 Cat Ragga Muffin
Frank, Randy El Cajon CA DCB 29 F-29 Pegged
Freick, Ken Lake Havasu AZ Wellcraft 38 Scarab Smoke on the Water
Frye, Christopher Phoenix AZ Fountain 27 Fever
Galvan, Hector North Hollywood CA Advantage 28 Party Cat Ok to Hate
Galvin, Hector North Hollywood CA Advantage 28 Party Cat Ok To Hate
Garcia, Adam Phoenix AZ Kachina 34 Drone Garcia Express
Gwinn, Richard Riverside IL ?
Hein, Cliff Palmdale CA Eliminator 30 Daytonna Gato Loco
Janish, Michael Spoffard NH Eliminator 25 Eagle Rental
Johnson, Palmer Fountain Valley CA American Offshore 27 Cat Finish Line
Juve, Troy Temecula CA Wellcraft 38 Scarab In The Red
Kemp, Derek Mission Veijo CA Magic 34 Scepter Catch Me
Kenny, Jerry Alamo CA Spectre 36 Cat Bonecrusher
Ketten, Ted Riverton UT American Offshore 26 26 NSX
"Kruse, Curtis ""Wayne""" Grants Pass OR Liquid Technologies 44 Super-lite Sl44
Lacour, Charles and Christa Albuquerque NM Kachina 24 Warrior The Warrior
Lafferty, Dennis Surprise az Warlock 29 29 World Class PimpDatMuney
Larson, Daniel Surprise AZ Magic 29 Wizard
Lockett, Frank Corona CA ?
Lundell, Bruce R. Buckeye AZ Kachina 34 Bolero Bust R loose
Magellan, Bruce Alpine CA DCB 29 F-29
McDonald, Todd Carona Del Mar CA Wellcraft 33 Scarab Unaccountable
Moe, Jason Cle Elum WA Outerlimits 46 Limited Extreme Insanity
Ohanesian, Jack Laguna Niguel CA Fountian 42 Lightning Twisted
Payne, Scot Murrieta CA Magic 28 Deckboat
Perdue, Bob Dana Point CA Warlock 27 World Class Wicked Game
Platten, Francis Ontario CA ?
Powell, Mike and Mary Desert Hills AZ Hallett 34 Troublemaker
Pyburn, Bill Jacksonville FL Outerlimits 51 Cat Golddigger
Raisch, Javier Etiwanda CA DCB 32 F32 Mach
Rast, Ralph and Cindy Orangevale CA Fountain 29 29 Fever Higher Powered
Reese, Caleb and Vicki Silverdale WA Spectre 30 30 Warped
Richter, Arnie La Verne Ca Eliminator 33 Daytona Bad Kitty
Riley, Brent and Lori Yorba Linda CA Laveycraft 29 Nuera Offshore
Rivera, Greg and Lisa Peoria AZ Douglas Marine 40 Skater Simply Satisfied
Ross, Kelly Parker CO Baja 25 Outlaw drive it like your being shot at
Ryckebosch, Steve Reno NV Eliminator 30 Daytona
Smith, Gary and Cookie Tucson AZ Douglas Marine 40 Skater Predator
Smith, Larry Concord Ca ?
Solon, John Castaic CA Hallett 32 320 TR
Steinberg, Jeffery Glendale AZ ?
Stevenson, Michael J. Sedona AZ Outerlimits 47 47 GTX mamba
Strunz, Gunnar Anaheim CA Spectre 30 Funded
Taylor, Dennis Riverton UT Fountain 27 27 Fever
ThornBorough, Mick Corona CA Aftershock 24 First Born
VanDerPol, Randy Murrieta CA DCB 29 F29 Chase the Cat
Walsh, John J Surprise AZ Magic 29 Wizard
Westphal, Jessica Lake Havasu City AZ American Offshore 31 3100
White, Brian Torrance CA Magic 34 Sorcerer

dicudmore
02-28-2007, 10:54 AM
:D :cool:

Bad Puddy Tat
02-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Dan,
How come your not running in this??

dicudmore
02-28-2007, 01:35 PM
Dan,
How come your not running in this??
I'll be there for sure :D
Throttle-man on this one Davidge, Mark & Lori Las Vegas NV Spectre 36 36 cat U ppity Bitch

dicudmore
02-28-2007, 06:46 PM
remember--this is NOT A RACE :jawdrop: :eek:

C-2
03-01-2007, 10:35 AM
Hmmmm.....

MACH26
03-01-2007, 12:02 PM
YES......i can't wait

UnionJack
03-01-2007, 12:47 PM
That's Crap

dicudmore
03-01-2007, 01:11 PM
:cool: :cool:

Jbb
03-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Let me make a prediction here and now about Golddigger......er.......never mind...:D

UnionJack
03-01-2007, 01:40 PM
There are some serious fly boats coming

Liquid Courage
03-01-2007, 01:59 PM
A lot more straight up SICK boats haven't even signed up yet...Just wait, it's gonna be good!

UnionJack
03-01-2007, 03:22 PM
A lot more straight up SICK boats haven't even signed up yet...Just wait, it's gonna be good!
Wow, I hope they are good boaters

Havasu Hangin'
03-01-2007, 03:54 PM
Let me make a prediction here and now about Golddigger......er.......never mind...:D
:jawdrop: