PDA

View Full Version : Any fixed wing planes for Desert Storm?

C-2
02-20-2007, 11:23 AM
I saw that plane thread and it got me thinking....
Are there any fixed wing pilots/planes who would be willing to fly a radio repeater around during Desert Storm? Our goal is to improve radio communications and I understand that flying a repeater around at 11,000 feet over the lake would provide seamless radio communications for the entire lake.
Any takers or peeps willing to chat?
Lemme know,:)
C2

BoatFloating
02-20-2007, 11:51 AM
I saw that plane thread and it got me thinking....
Are there any fixed wing pilots/planes who would be willing to fly a radio repeater around during Desert Storm? Our goal is to improve radio communications and I understand that flying a repeater around at 11,000 feet over the lake would provide seamless radio communications for the entire lake.
Any takers or peeps willing to chat?
Lemme know,:)
C2
PM 3 days only.... He has a plane..

Beer-30
02-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Mine is turbocharged, and I frequently fly at 17,500. 11,000 would not be a problem.
Lemme know the dates, I'll see what I can do.

C-2
02-20-2007, 08:02 PM
Mine is turbocharged, and I frequently fly at 17,500. 11,000 would not be a problem.
Lemme know the dates, I'll see what I can do.
Wow, that is way cool, thanks for considering it! It would only be for 1.5 to 2 hours by our best estimate, on the 28th, April.
Lemme do some additional research....

Beer-30
02-20-2007, 08:09 PM
Wow, that is way cool, thanks for considering it! It would only be for 1.5 to 2 hours by our best estimate, on the 28th, April.
Lemme do some additional research....
Ok. I am part-owner in the plane, so I would have to look into it further prior to confirmation.
I would have 4.5-5.0 hours of fuel, just cruising around, so the time is not a problem.

Beer-30
02-26-2007, 12:37 PM
After speaking with you, I remembered that there is a 12V plug. I have powered a laptop with it before. Wanted to get that info to you before you contacted your comm person.
Paul.

C-2
02-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Thanks Paul.
And thanks for your willigness to help -it's guys like Paul who help make this event work.
Thanks again, way to step up :)

Mardonzi
02-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Craig/ Paul,,, If something comes up and your plane isn't availible, I'm sure that I can cover it... Just let me know.

C-2
02-26-2007, 02:03 PM
Craig/ Paul,,, If something comes up and your plane isn't availible, I'm sure that I can cover it... Just let me know.
Cool cool cool Mardzoni. A great big thank you too!
Now, if somebody has an extra Hughes 500, or can get their hands on any turbine powered copter.....then we could have three dive teams staggered throughout the lake. Even another R44 would be very helpful, and do the trick. :idea:

SummitKarl
02-26-2007, 02:40 PM
I have a 25watt and 12' ant. on my boat I should be able to broadcast over the whole lake:idea:

Keith E. Sayre
02-26-2007, 04:34 PM
You should call Mike Harrah here in Havasu about the copter part of the deal. He's into that stuff. He's the guy
that flies the Cobra gunship around town. Also for the
airpane part of the deal, Dean Messmer at the Boat Brokers
is one of the most generous guys in the area and has several planes etc. If he's not landing on his island in
Alaska, I'll bet he'd help you out. He's even got a couple
of 185's on floats too.
If worse comes to worse, rent me a plane, preferrably
twin engines burning that kerosene type stuff. I can
assure you that I'd get the coverage for the lake etc.
but I'm not going to make any promises about getting
the thing landed.???? I'll give it a 60/40 type of chance. If I could afford it, the airplane would be my next bad
habit!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

C-2
03-02-2007, 09:27 AM
Thanks Karl and Keith. I have not forgotten about your offers of help, THANKS A MILLION.
I will be following up next week, my regular career seems to get in the way of my volunteer efforts way too much!
Thanks again :)