PDA

View Full Version : Need a 12x15 3-blade

Schiada Time
02-20-2007, 12:06 PM
After calculating my gear ratio and HP for my '22 Schiada I need a 12X15 3 blade for a 1-inch shaft LH rotation. Anybody have one in SS they want to sell or can you point me somewhere that is not going to be a thousand bucks.

SFV2RVR
02-20-2007, 05:34 PM
I do have one you can try out. It has a couple nix it it though. I was going to send it out to get tuned up! Its a menkins 12 x 15 3 blade.Where are you located?

Unchained
02-20-2007, 07:09 PM
I've got a 12" x 16 three blade stainless that just came back from a tune up and is like new. $ 300.00

Schiada Time
02-22-2007, 04:39 PM
SF2RVR- I am located in Fullerton, CA. i will pay the shipping if you could lend me that prop to try so I can get a baseline. I'll shoot you a PM with my cell # and address. I know Revndave and he was going to let me borrow that prop when he owned the boat so its kind of funny. It is for a 1-inch shaft correct?

SFV2RVR
02-22-2007, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE=Schiada Time. It is for a 1-inch shaft correct?[/QUOTE]
Yes i believe it is.

full throttle
02-22-2007, 08:37 PM
I will check my prop collection. I think I have a SS & a HTS prop that size. I'm gonna need 1-1/8" props now.

MohaveChuck
02-23-2007, 02:15 PM
Full Throttle,
If Schiada Time doesn't need a prop anymore, I would sure like to get a used one. I have been putting off buying a new one.
I've got a Spectra 20 that I need a steel or SS prop. I am looking for anything around 11 1/4 to 12 X 15 and a 1" shaft.
I am in Phoenix.
Chuck

Schiada Time
02-23-2007, 02:17 PM
I do still need a prop. Getting ready to borrow a 12x15 from SF2 RVR.
Thanks

superdave013
02-23-2007, 02:29 PM
Unchained has a pretty good deal there.

Schiada Time
02-23-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm not so sure about the 16 pitch though. SD-I just called you need directions to Irvine for tomorrow.
trav

flat broke
02-23-2007, 06:01 PM
DOOD,
I already told ya over the phone. Unchained's deal seems pretty good. You're not pushin the HP to worry about serious tail lift, and the pitch can be reworked. It's not a bad idea to have a 2nd prop anyhow just incase.... I say that because I've heard that there is stuff under the water that sometimes jumps up and whacks your running gear for fun ;)
Buy Unchained's deal, borrow SFV2RVRs and take them both when you go testing. If SFVs is the shizzle over the 16 pitch, have the 16 reworked to be like the 15, and you're ahead of the game in terms of $$ and time.
BUUUUUT before you take that sled to the lake, gotta swap that carb and have the dist recurved. You don't need variables that can mask what the prop may/may not be doing.
Call me up when that carb comes in, and I'll help ya swap everything over. We'll even stop by that overpriced aluminum pedaler that works down the street and bug him to hit up Bigs for lunch :D I don't know who's good for distributors since the OC Speed guy over by Striegel's joint is gone.
So not to hijack your thread, but what kind of curves to the guys running N/A vdrives with trannys tend to use? Your dyno sheet from GMPP should give you the total and static timing, but since that dist has a vacum pod, that needs to be ditched and everything handled via mechanical advance, and I'm guessing, all in by 3000 RPM. Anyone have some advice on that issue for Schiada Time?
Chris

Schiada Time
02-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Unchained- I am interested in your prop but I want to try SF2RVR prop first just to make sure I am in the ballpark. What kind of prop is it?
Flatbroke- I am considering Unchained's prop but I want to make sure I have enough clearance between prop and hull to prevent excess prop wash and cavitation. My carb is here sitting on the workbench ready to go with four different jet packs so we can tune when she goes back in the water or we run her on the hose. Once new 850 is on and dist. recurved and test prop is on its back to the water. I'm hoping for next weekend to hit water again. I've been driving myself crazy with this prop thing but I am just trying to make best decision for the money. I'm heading to Irvine in the AM for the motorsports deal if you and Ty are free. SF2RVR is bringing that prop down to Irvine so I can test it out.
Trav

flat broke
02-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Trav,
Ty and I aren't going to be free tomorrow for the Irvine deal. I've got an "S"load of work to do on my pig, and we've got some pretty crappy family stuff to deal with right now (basically, if the Chessmores go into labor this weekend, we're an elevator ride away from saying "hi".) I'll make it a point to carve out some time early this week to help you with the carb. If you know someone who can do the distributor for your deal, mark it, yank it and do it ASAP, so you're ready to rock. You might call Clay Smith and see who they recommend in the area since they're pretty close by. If it were an aftermarket deal, we could get really close with over the counter spring kits and stops, but I don't know if anyone makes anything specifically for the GM HEI.
On the prop, it would deffinitely be cool to test both back-to-back on similar water conditions, but I can understand the $$ issue for sure.
Talk to you later,
Chris

Schiada Time
02-23-2007, 09:02 PM
That's cool. I hope everything works out with your family. Erik and I talked the other day and it sounds like they are close to having the little one. Super cool. I may install carb tomorrow afternoon and wait for your assistance to tune and such. I have four different jet sizes I bought so we have some options. Distributor re-curve/carb tuning and making a plate plug for holes in transom where speedo pickup was is all next week. Still need to vent the tanks and then its all about re-installing the interior and hitting the H2O.
Trav

Unchained
02-24-2007, 05:17 AM
The prop I have says "Michigan Super #*#*#* on the side.
I sent this one to Tom Bentley and had it tuned up. It cost me about 125. plus shipping. If you want to cover the shipping I'll send it to you for you to look at or try out.
I would like to find an 11 1/4 x 16 three blade tool steel prop and the same in a two blade for 1" shaft. I have a permaborrowed 11" x 16 three blade that's working pretty good now.