PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Knights....

Jbb
02-20-2007, 12:39 PM
Just watched it here at work......Knights Rule.....:D

SB
02-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Great movie, has a little wang to it.:D

OnlyMoney
02-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Volare'!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

roostwear
02-20-2007, 12:43 PM
Laaawrence.... Lawrence of Arabia......:D

photo chick
02-20-2007, 12:44 PM
You watch movies at work?????

roostwear
02-20-2007, 12:45 PM
...he came to fight the Tuuuurkish

Rattle Can Lou
02-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Love that movie...got it on DVD. "Live from Tubby's, the Ironbox twins". how about "Your'e ass is grass and I'm the lawnmower". Or maybe, "That pussy is looking for me?" Classic, ranks with Caddyshack.

djunkie
Classic flick. :D :D

roostwear
nick nick nick

rampgirl-top
02-20-2007, 12:47 PM
We don't watch movies at work, but do spend alot of time surfing web.
Hell at home I don't even turn on the computer.

photo chick
02-20-2007, 12:52 PM
We don't watch movies at work, but do spend alot of time surfing web.
Hell at home I don't even turn on the computer.
Yeah me too!!! Although it is my computer at home! Don't have one at work:(

Jbb
You watch movies at work?????
Of course I do.....:p

HocusPocus
http://www.toyadz.com/toyadz/movies/hllywoodknights.jpg
several big names in that movie.

photo chick
02-20-2007, 12:53 PM
Of course I do.....:p
I thought you were a painter? What part of painting requires watching movies? Oh, is that when you're waiting for the paint to dry?:D :D

Jbb
02-20-2007, 12:55 PM
I thought you were a painter? What part of painting requires watching movies? Oh, is that when you're waiting for the paint to dry?:D :D
For a blonde......er.....Mahogany red.....you catch on fast.....pass the popcorn....:D

photo chick
02-20-2007, 12:59 PM
For a blonde......er.....Mahogany red.....you catch on fast.....pass the popcorn....:D
Changed last week.....Auburn Red now:D :D :D Here's the popcorn.....catch!

rodnjen
02-20-2007, 01:00 PM
Just got it DVD, love it. "I came, I'm glad I came..."

Jbb
02-20-2007, 01:01 PM
Just got it DVD, love it. "I came, I'm glad I came..."
He disappointed the Nanny.....:D

Jbb
02-20-2007, 01:01 PM
Changed last week.....Auburn Red now:D :D :D Here's the popcorn.....catch!
Auburn....noted....

Big Kahunaa
02-20-2007, 01:14 PM
great flick and the Nanny is hot

Jbb
02-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Brown = Newbaum Turk :D
I thought ...Dudley....was more Brown like.....:D

bwillieb
02-20-2007, 09:18 PM
.............. Drive In scenes were filmed at a just closed A&W Rootbeer on Van Nuys BL...........couple of miles up from from Van Nuys Bob's...........although I didn't work on that one,would go hang out with my buddies who did ......Most filming is a boring lengthy process. This one was actually fun..........nice cars and good looking women............(The business next door in the film, had previously been Quality Motors, which sold a whole bunch of Hot Rods back in the day, and was co-owned by Bob Jameson who turned out a few pretty nice wood flatbottoms).....................At the 'wrap party' the crew members were all given "Hollywood Knights" jackets, and I'll bet there are a few still out there..............Within a few weeks the A&W and Quality Motors met the :( fate of the bulldozer........

JAY4SPEED
02-20-2007, 10:14 PM
That yellow '57 Tony Danza had in that movie was so bad ass.... so was the rail job.
I bet JBB loved the "bandits" in the Cobra
One of my fav movies of all time!

Old Texan
02-21-2007, 06:26 AM
.............. Drive In scenes were filmed at a just closed A&W Rootbeer on Van Nuys BL...........couple of miles up from from Van Nuys Bob's...........although I didn't work on that one,would go hang out with my buddies who did ......Most filming is a boring lengthy process. This one was actually fun..........nice cars and good looking women............(The business next door in the film, had previously been Quality Motors, which sold a whole bunch of Hot Rods back in the day, and was co-owned by Bob Jameson who turned out a few pretty nice wood flatbottoms).....................At the 'wrap party' the crew members were all given "Hollywood Knights" jackets, and I'll bet there are a few still out there..............Within a few weeks the A&W and Quality Motors met the :( fate of the bulldozer........
So Tubby's actually got bulldozed.......ironic.:(
One of the greatest movies of all time.
"He's holding the fiddle with his dick!!!!":D

Jbb
02-21-2007, 06:32 AM
Knights rule...:p

wolfie
02-21-2007, 05:12 PM
My father-in-law was in the garage scene. My wife was supoosed to be one of the cheerleaders in the pe rally scene but had an accident just prior to the shooting.

don johnson
02-21-2007, 05:21 PM
[QUOTE=JAY4SPEED;2402476]That yellow '57 Tony Danza had in that movie was so bad ass.... so was the rail job.
That was the famous Project X Car. I agree it was a way cool car. That car had a Lenco sequential gear box in it.

seanv
02-21-2007, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE=JAY4SPEED;2402476]That yellow '57 Tony Danza had in that movie was so bad ass.... so was the rail job.
That was the famous Project X Car. I agree it was a way cool car. That car had a Lenco sequential gear box in it.
when they did the filming i believe it only had the m22 in her. that car had so many eng/trans combos over the years. popular hotrodding i think still has the car and hot rod mag named it one of the top 10 hotrods of all times. oh x was as hot as some of the girls in that flick. how about michele phyfer(?) oooh very hot!
"mother im going to be quite late tonight. as a matter of fact i'm going to get laid....now i just need to find out how" classic:D :D

Misogynist
02-21-2007, 06:41 PM
My father-in-law was in the garage scene. My wife was supoosed to be one of the cheerleaders in the pe rally scene but had an accident just prior to the shooting.
Who's your father in law?........ Junior?

RaceFace
02-21-2007, 06:44 PM
Yeah, that is one of my all time car movies!
"He's looking for someone named Dick!"

wolfie
02-21-2007, 06:56 PM
Who's your father in law?........ Junior?
Yes he is. You know him?

Kim Hanson
02-21-2007, 07:33 PM
great flick and the Nanny is hot
I lost my train of thought here, your avatar is tits buddy :D :D ........( . )( . ).........

Kim Hanson
02-21-2007, 07:35 PM
That yellow '57 Tony Danza had in that movie was so bad ass.... so was the rail job.
I had a 57 Like that..just not the blower and shit :D :D My favorite movie to watch.......( . )( . )........I don't watch much TV, it interferes with my computer time :D

Misogynist
02-21-2007, 10:32 PM
Yes he is. You know him?
Yes... I spoke to him today... he called me and asked if I knew anyone that had a Silver Cloud III or a Camargue for sale. I did some work on an Aston, a Maserati, and a Bentley for him. I've been to his shop many times.

KineticoH20
02-21-2007, 10:38 PM
psstt Don't drnk the punch:jawdrop:

wolfie
02-21-2007, 10:40 PM
Yes... I spoke to him today... he called me and asked if I knew anyone that had a Silver Cloud III or a Camargue for sale. I did some work on an Aston, a Maserati, and a Bentley for him. I've been to his shop many times.
Awsome. It's a small world.
I know he's pretty busy right now. I think he's got a caddy that he getting ready for Pebble Beach. He's got my son's 'stang on hold until its done.
There's another couple on the boards that know him from Paso Robles show a few years back.
He's very welcoming at his shop. It doesn't matter how busy he is, if someone comes by he's always got time to talk.
Anytime we go back home my son and I spend as much time as possible there.

Misogynist
02-21-2007, 10:53 PM
Awsome. It's a small world.
I know he's pretty busy right now. I think he's got a caddy that he getting ready for Pebble Beach. He's got my son's 'stang on hold until its done.
There's another couple on the boards that know him from Paso Robles show a few years back.
He's very welcoming at his shop. It doesn't matter how busy he is, if someone comes by he's always got time to talk.
Anytime we go back home my son and I spend as much time as possible there.
Yeah... it is a small world. I was at Bill Larzolere's shop yesterday for a few hours and I'll be there tomorrow for a couple. Bill is one of Junior's cronys. I have my own shop but when they need a little help on some strange stuff they sometimes call me. I thought Junior was getting a Duesenberg ready for Pebble. I judge at the LA car show and know a few of the judges at Pebble. I met your wife a couple of years ago. I think it was about the time you guys moved behind "The Zion curtain". Don't you handle shipping for the port? I remember hearing they moved the offices to SLC.

wolfie
02-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Yeah... it is a small world. I was at Bill Larzolere's shop yesterday for a few hours and I'll be there tomorrow for a couple. Bill is one of Junior's cronys. I have my own shop but when they need a little help on some strange stuff they sometimes call me. I thought Junior was getting a Duesenberg ready for Pebble. I judge at the LA car show and know a few of the judges at Pebble. I met your wife a couple of years ago. I think it was about the time you guys moved behind "The Zion curtain". Don't you handle shipping for the port? I remember hearing they moved the offices to SLC.
It could be a 'Berg, I lost track. I know he had a caddy he was trying to do last year. I just assumed he had that back. I really miss going by the shop.
I know Bill. He's a crack up. I went out to his shop in Burbankl(?) a few years back to look at a car he was detailing for one of Hersh's customers. I think it was the Loganda that we were shipping to Hawaii.
I've met a lot of cool people through him. Bill hines, George barris, the late Ed Roth (what a nut he was), Gene Winfield, Tommy Ivo, Linda Vaughn, the late Tony Nancy, and Norm Gabrowski (another nut).
Got to meet a couple celebs as well but who cares about them when you get to meet car people.
We've been here for five years now. She's just starting to get comfortable with it. I plan the containers that load in the ports. I've helped him get a few cars to Hawaii for one of his customers.

wolfie
02-21-2007, 11:15 PM
By the way, you sure seem to know a little about "zion". How is it you've gather this "wonderful" information?

Misogynist
02-21-2007, 11:30 PM
By the way, you sure seem to know a little about "zion". How is it you've gather this "wonderful" information?
I lived in SLC for 36 years... I still own a house in the Sugarhouse area. Larzolere is originally from SLC too. He lived on the corner of 14th east and Garfield Avenue. I escaped 17 years ago... Bill was dragged out of Zion in '58 when he was 14. My shop is just a couple of miles from Bill's. I'm in Glendale.

wolfie
02-22-2007, 12:06 AM
I lived in SLC for 36 years... I still own a house in the Sugarhouse area. Larzolere is originally from SLC too. He lived on the corner of 14th east and Garfield Avenue. I escaped 17 years ago... Bill was dragged out of Zion in '58 when he was 14. My shop is just a couple of miles from Bill's. I'm in Glendale.
That's a new one on me. I didn't know Bill was from here.
I sure took a lot to get use to. Jill really had a hard time.

Infomaniac
02-22-2007, 06:20 AM
Yep I watced it a couple weeks ago. On regular TV. They edited out the one armed violinist part :(
I tried to get Info Jr to watch it and he wouldnt. Could'nt get him to watch Gumball Rally or Amercan Grafiti either.

Jbb
02-22-2007, 06:24 AM
Watched The Marine yesterday.......:) ...Kimber was in it!
Knights Rule.....

Misogynist
02-22-2007, 08:46 AM
That's a new one on me. I didn't know Bill was from here.
I sure took a lot to get use to. Jill really had a hard time.
If you have lived outside of Utah, and then go there, it does take a lot of time to acclimate to the silly liquor laws and other dumb laws. At one time the state had "blue laws". Where all businesses were closed on Sundays. With exception to hospitals, gas stations, and restaurants in hotels, all businesses were forced to close on Sunday. That lasted about a month and everyone was screaming. In the late '50's and early 60's you had to register as a drinker and purchase a "liquor control card" from the state for a dollar to be able to purchase booze in the state run liquor store. At least the state now has "self service" liquor stores with the booze in sight. I can remember when you had to look up on a list what you wanted to drink, put the stock number on a slip, and then pass the slip through a caged window to the clerk. Then the clerk would emerge from behind a partition with the bottle already bagged. It was like a crackhouse for booze. Too funny.

wolfie
02-22-2007, 01:01 PM
If you have lived outside of Utah, and then go there, it does take a lot of time to acclimate to the silly liquor laws and other dumb laws. At one time the state had "blue laws". Where all businesses were closed on Sundays. With exception to hospitals, gas stations, and restaurants in hotels, all businesses were forced to close on Sunday. That lasted about a month and everyone was screaming. In the late '50's and early 60's you had to register as a drinker and purchase a "liquor control card" from the state for a dollar to be able to purchase booze in the state run liquor store. At least the state now has "self service" liquor stores with the booze in sight. I can remember when you had to look up on a list what you wanted to drink, put the stock number on a slip, and then pass the slip through a caged window to the clerk. Then the clerk would emerge from behind a partition with the bottle already bagged. It was like a crackhouse for booze. Too funny.
It's starting to loosen up a little with all of us "gentiles" moving in. It is nice not to see liquor stores on every corner. Instead you have the ward houses. We loved going to the movie theaters & skiing on Sundays since there were hardly anyone out then. That's changed a lot just in the five years we've been here. Now the theaters are packed on a Sunday afternoon. I don't know when you were out here last, but Herriman has grow tremendously. We were just out there last weekend checking out houses and couldn't believe how many have been built just since we've move to Utah.

Misogynist
02-23-2007, 08:47 AM
It's starting to loosen up a little with all of us "gentiles" moving in. It is nice not to see liquor stores on every corner. Instead you have the ward houses. We loved going to the movie theaters & skiing on Sundays since there were hardly anyone out then. That's changed a lot just in the five years we've been here. Now the theaters are packed on a Sunday afternoon. I don't know when you were out here last, but Herriman has grow tremendously. We were just out there last weekend checking out houses and couldn't believe how many have been built just since we've move to Utah.
When I left the Draper ridge had NO homes on it. Now it's all homes. Herriman was just dirt. Only the north-west quadrant of the 215 belt route was completed. I know it's changed a lot since 1990. I was in SLC in October. Even the downtown has changed a lot since the Olympics.

Baja Big Dog
02-23-2007, 08:57 AM
Oh Yea........

Baja Big Dog
02-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Mormons aint dumb....they know the all mighty dollar waves a heavy hand...

Misogynist
02-23-2007, 01:00 PM
Mormons aint dumb....they know the all mighty dollar waves a heavy hand...
Oh yeah.... they won't drink alcohol... but they'll sell it to anyone for a profit.:D

wolfie
02-23-2007, 03:31 PM
When I left the Draper ridge had NO homes on it. Now it's all homes. Herriman was just dirt. Only the north-west quadrant of the 215 belt route was completed. I know it's changed a lot since 1990. I was in SLC in October. Even the downtown has changed a lot since the Olympics.
We'll 'm up on the hill in Draper. Not up on the ridgeline though. It's too windy and a hell of a lot more snow (which I woke up to 8" this morning). I live just below the golf course a street over from the 15th hole.
The entire place has changed dramatically since I came here 5 years ago.

Misogynist
02-23-2007, 07:41 PM
We'll 'm up on the hill in Draper. Not up on the ridgeline though. It's too windy and a hell of a lot more snow (which I woke up to 8" this morning). I live just below the golf course a street over from the 15th hole.
The entire place has changed dramatically since I came here 5 years ago.
How far are you from where the "Widowmaker" hillclimb used to be held?

wolfie
02-23-2007, 08:12 PM
How far are you from where the "Widowmaker" hillclimb used to be held?
half a mile to the left.

Misogynist
02-23-2007, 10:17 PM
half a mile to the left.
Ok... I'm dating myself... but I can remember when that area was all undeveloped dirt from 90th south out to "the point of the mountain". When developers started building south of 7200 so (butler hill) I thought the end of the world was near. When I was growing up the hinterlands of the city was *gasp*........ 2100 so.... Where Sugarhouse park now sits was the end of the city and the site of the state prison...... :sqeyes: 3300 so was really out in the sticks...... :eek:

goneboatin
02-23-2007, 10:26 PM
Gotta love that DJ...Humble Harve. Remember him from KKDJ in the 70's?

bwillieb
02-23-2007, 10:36 PM
Gotta love that DJ...Humble Harve. Remember him from KKDJ in the 70's?
.........Was a good DJ......But had a lapse in judgemet when he killed his wife:( .................was eventually released from prison:confused: .........believe he died a few years later.................great voice for the airwaves.............

goneboatin
02-23-2007, 11:17 PM
.........Was a good DJ......But had a lapse in judgemet when he killed his wife:( .................was eventually released from prison:confused: .........believe he died a few years later.................great voice for the airwaves.............
He killed his wife and the guy she was boinking in their bed. He did the movie shortly after he was released from prison. That was back in '79 or '80.

wolfie
02-24-2007, 10:57 AM
Ok... I'm dating myself... but I can remember when that area was all undeveloped dirt from 90th south out to "the point of the mountain". When developers started building south of 7200 so (butler hill) I thought the end of the world was near. When I was growing up the hinterlands of the city was *gasp*........ 2100 so.... Where Sugarhouse park now sits was the end of the city and the site of the state prison...... :sqeyes: 3300 so was really out in the sticks...... :eek:
It's growing here. I feel the same way about California. I remember when we would go out to OCIR in Irvine. Orange was the end of the world and the dragstrip was out in the middle of nowhere. The same with I-15. There was nothing after you got onto I-15 from I-10. Barstow was way out in the sticks and Victorville, Temecula, and Hemit was where you went for close dirtbike riding.

charitycase
02-24-2007, 11:08 AM
"I cannot believe the shit that has happened to me tonite".Officer Bimbo.
Another great one JBB.

Jbb
08-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Just a reminder ............Knights Rule!
:D

PaPaG
08-16-2007, 01:26 PM
classic movie....gonna go watch it again :D

CAHotRodBoy
08-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Hey, buy this car and you'd fit right in the movie!
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160903