PDA

View Full Version : SE Valley peeps...need help and ideas (AZ)

PHX ATC
02-20-2007, 06:02 PM
I'm asking for some help, ideas, and pointing me in the right direction from da ***boat 'hood.
I'm going to be on the executive board of a brand new competitive soccer club in the east valley (Gilbert, Mesa, Chandler, Queen Creek) and we are actively looking for a park, school, charter school, whatever, that has fields with lights that we could rent 2 times a weeknight. We have called Gilbert park/rec, Mesa, park/rec, and Chandler park/rec already. I am going to call QC park/rec this week as well.
If anybody knows, has an "in", can hook us up, or has any ideas of spots, I would appreciate some help and information. Any ideas, other than lining up our cars and turning on our lights redneck style, are appreciated.:D
Thanks to all in advance.
Toby
(Don't get too excited about the executive board thingie...it's mostly enjoying a few lagers with friends and plotting what tournaments we are going to go to):)

Jordy
02-20-2007, 07:27 PM
Damn Toby, horse poopie, boats, planes, AND soccer balls??? :eek: :D

Brian
02-20-2007, 07:30 PM
It's a darn shame they just opened a huge new soccer complex at Cave Creek/Deer Valley. I guess that doesn't exactly qualify as SE valley!
:D

Magic34
02-20-2007, 10:44 PM
I'll ask my mom for you. She was on the Chandler Parks and Rec board for years.
She has been done with it now for some time now, but she may know someone there.

PHX ATC
02-21-2007, 05:44 AM
I've seen the NE Valley complex...way cool!
Yes Jordy, I've managed to reduce horse poopie slinging to a fine science, so now I have loads of spare time.:D
Mike, thanks for checking into that for me, that would be a great help.:)

lawbreaker2
02-21-2007, 06:22 AM
Whats wrong with the redneck style, It work's for us.:D

lawbreaker2
02-21-2007, 06:27 AM
Oh by the way my kids are into soccer, we go to the rec center on sat. night to play ( indoors ) right now, till spring.:D But We have alot of fun watching them.:D

PHX ATC
02-21-2007, 07:19 AM
Maybe Jordy could hook us up with a gennie and some portable lights...then we'd be good to go!:D
There's an indoor soccer place in west Phoenix (rather scary neighborhood), but we have the luxury of playing outdoors yearround.

squirt'nmyload
02-21-2007, 01:54 PM
can't think of any soccer fields with lights but if you need an extra set of headlights, let me know:D :D :)

Xlration Marine
02-21-2007, 02:28 PM
Soccer Club?? Sorry dude but that will draw less than the Cardnals.

PHX ATC
02-22-2007, 10:04 PM
Uh, I would hope so as it's for kids.

Jordy
02-23-2007, 07:03 AM
Hey Toby,
I know it's a bit of a haul, but have you tried Tempe. I seem to recall them having some big lit up soccer fields over at Kiwanis Park once upon a time. :)

PHX ATC
02-23-2007, 07:42 AM
I will call them. Really, the eastern border of Tempe isn't too far.:D
Thanks Jordy.

Jordy
02-23-2007, 07:46 AM
I will call them. Really, the eastern border of Tempe isn't too far.:D
Thanks Jordy.
C'mon now, I do know where you live and Downtown Gilbert is an hour from you, especially now with Rittenhouse seemingly closed. :D :D :D
They keep making it harder and harder to get in and out of the far east valley, especially Johnson Ranch. Makes me very happy to be where I am. :D
http://www.tempe.gov/parks/parks/kiwanis.htm

PHX ATC
02-23-2007, 10:06 AM
It is getting tougher, but at odd hours, it's just fine!
I don't feel a bit sorry for those peeps who live in Johnson Ranch as with a little homework and they'd have realized the traffic, roadways, and infrastructure suck out there (IMHO). It's nice other than that out there. I'm just glad I'm on "this" side of that subdivision.
Thanks for the link.:)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-23-2007, 05:01 PM
DO you have anything to say that is worth reading?????:idea: :idea:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-23-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm asking for some help, ideas, and pointing me in the right direction from da ***boat 'hood.
I'm going to be on the executive board of a brand new competitive soccer club in the east valley (Gilbert, Mesa, Chandler, Queen Creek) and we are actively looking for a park, school, charter school, whatever, that has fields with lights that we could rent 2 times a weeknight. We have called Gilbert park/rec, Mesa, park/rec, and Chandler park/rec already. I am going to call QC park/rec this week as well.
If anybody knows, has an "in", can hook us up, or has any ideas of spots, I would appreciate some help and information. Any ideas, other than lining up our cars and turning on our lights redneck style, are appreciated.:D
Thanks to all in advance.
Toby
(Don't get too excited about the executive board thingie...it's mostly enjoying a few lagers with friends and plotting what tournaments we are going to go to):)
Mesa has several leagues. Call mesa parks and rec.

PHX ATC
02-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Thanks, boss!:)