PDA

View Full Version : My Dilemma.............

HMF'er
02-21-2007, 07:55 PM
My daughter has been taking weekly dance classes and really enjoys it. The group is working their way up to producing and participating in a recital in July. I truly want her to continue if it makes her happy, and it does.
The problem is that the class for her age group is only offered on one specific day of the week. This day happens to be in the middle of my days off (the time I want to spend boating). For her to miss two out of four classes per month would be too much and she would fall behind the group. For me to only go to the river one time per month is unacceptable , I had planned on going two or three weekends per month, after all I pay lots of money for my boat and I may as well use it. This hasn't been an issue over the winter months but now it is suddenly a major issue in our house.
I thought I was willing to sacrifice almost anyting for my kids, but now I'm feeling a bit selfish. What do I do?

Phat Matt
02-21-2007, 08:00 PM
Break her leg. ;)

SummerBreeze
02-21-2007, 08:02 PM
I don't have kids myself but I can tell you have an issue going on at your home front. I wonder if you tried it for a month to test the water and then see how it goes. She might burn out. I would tell her how much you want to go to the lake and you want her to do good with the lessons and have fun.

HMF'er
02-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Break her leg. ;)
That right there is some funny shiznit. Thanks for the humor, but it hasn't yet taken away my stress. Maybe some beer will help.:D

upsman105
02-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Break her leg. ;)
Nice... Really nice. :D :D

photo chick
02-21-2007, 08:05 PM
I don't have kids either but what if she spends the night at a girlfriends house that's in the group? Not sure what her age is but it seems you'd both win.

HMF'er
02-21-2007, 08:08 PM
She's 4. I wouldn't feel comfy being 250+ miles away from her for 4 days every week, so I wouldn't be leaving her behind. Besides, I have no one to leave her with.
Yea she may burn out, but so far she hasnt' and we need to commit to this July recital asap by paying for costumes and other expenses.

jbone
02-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Very important question before I ponder some ideas. How old is she?
I have 2 little girls 5 and 6. So I've already put some thought into this subject.
J

Havasu_Dreamin
02-21-2007, 08:09 PM
I don't have kids.....that being said, the river will always be there your daughter will only be this age once.....

HMF'er
02-21-2007, 08:09 PM
Very important question before I ponder some ideas. How old is she?
I have 2 little girls 5 and 6. So I've already put some thought into this subject.
J
4, so the sacrifices are just beginning, no doubt to increase eventually.

Kilrtoy
02-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Tell her the class is over and she can return the next time it starts up...
White lies sometimes are the only means to the end

jbone
02-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Just saw the age in previous post.
If she enjoys the river, she may chose it over the dance. THe reality is that in 10 years she won't remember the age of 4. We make our river trip very family friendly, so my girls will still pick thye river over anything.
I say river, but make if fun for her too.
J

photo chick
02-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Yeah 4 is too young to leave behind....Tell her you're gonna teach her dance at the river. then hire a dancer to teach her on the beach :D :D

slink
02-21-2007, 08:14 PM
What are your days off? If they include any part of a weekend, make some "Boots" day and offer to switch shifts with him. Mama takes her to dance, you get your 4 days off and family plays together. If not, no time like the present to teach her that life aint fair:) Besides, dancing at 4 leads to "dancing" at 18 :( (J/K...little humor)

wolfie
02-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Screw it, head to the river. Kids are overrated.
Just kidding.
Keep in mind that you only a have a little time with them. They grow quickly and then you've missed it. Trust me. My boy is almost 17. We've missed a lot of vacation trips for football, wrestling, and lacrosse camps, matches, and games. I wouldn't have missed any of them for the world. I missed a lot due to work when he was young and you can't get those days back.

HMF'er
02-21-2007, 08:23 PM
What are your days off? If they include any part of a weekend, make some "Boots" day and offer to switch shifts with him. Mama takes her to dance, you get your 4 days off and family plays together. If not, no time like the present to teach her that life aint fair:) Besides, dancing at 4 leads to "dancing" at 18 :( (J/K...little humor)
Dance class happens to be in the middle of my weekend and shift trades are a pain in the arse to pull off every week. For her to benefit and keep up with the class she essentially needs to go every week. And I need to go to the river every week.

blackcloud75
02-21-2007, 08:24 PM
Welcome to my world Alex..........
Bailey has been doing it for 2 years thank heavens she already getting burned out. She rather go to the river and ride in the boat and play in the sand...........bring Mina over and we'll have beers while the 4 year olds ponder life's hurdles, lil' Cory and Parker can put rocks in the VCR like he did Dean and Linette's.........and the ladies they can just talk about boob implant stories:D

slink
02-21-2007, 08:26 PM
Dance class happens to be in the middle of my weekend and shift trades are a pain in the arse to pull of every week. For her to benefit and keep up with the class she essentially needs to go every week. And I need to go to the river every week.
I was thinking a permanent shift change...........you guys do 6 months or year?

blackcloud75
02-21-2007, 08:27 PM
Wuusssuuppp, Jeff

HMF'er
02-21-2007, 08:28 PM
Bailey has been doing it for 2 years thank heavens she already getting burned out. She rather go to the river and ride in the boat and play in the sand...........bring Mina over and we'll have beers while the 4 year olds ponder life's hurdles, lil' Cory and Parker can put rocks in the VCR like he did Dean and Linette's.........and the ladies they can just talk about boob implant stories:D
That sounds all fun and shiat, but all we'll end up doing is talking about how we should be at the river.

jbone
02-21-2007, 08:28 PM
Yeah 4 is too young to leave behind....Tell her you're gonna teach her dance at the river. then hire a dancer to teach her on the beach :D :D
Is sandbar dancing what he wants her to learn. I'd say not.
J

HMF'er
02-21-2007, 08:29 PM
6 mos. I just committed before this dillemma came up. New shift is Mar-Sept. There's a slim chance of a trade, very slim, but then I would only have 3 days off instead of 4.

blackcloud75
02-21-2007, 08:36 PM
6 mos. I just committed before this dillemma came up. New shift is Mar-Sept. There's a slim chance of a trade, very slim, but then I would only have 3 days off instead of 4.
Just go into the boss's office kick him in the nuts tell him your wants and needs(refer to Maslow's heiarchy of needs/Managment theories), and tell that Lil' Poncharello look alike that you need his plane, a pay raise, a babysitter, and a few extra days off w/ pay, and tell him I said it was O.K.........or he can contact my secretary!!!!!!!!!!!!

HMF'er
02-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Just go into the boss's office kick him in the nuts tell him your wants and needs(refer to Maslow's heiarchy of needs/Managment theories), and tell that Lil' Poncharello look alike that you need his plane, a pay raise, a babysitter, and a few extra days off w/ pay, and tell him I said it was O.K.........or he can contact my secretary!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's funny you think he looks like Ponch. When I talk to him it's like looking at you, or when I talk to you it's like looking at him. Not sure who's uglier.:)

bchbum
02-21-2007, 08:46 PM
My girls have been dancing for 6 years now , no sign of getting tired of it . They dance 4 daysa week , getting ready for Nationals this summer . This was the main reason we sold our boat , not enough trips to keep it . We make this a family affair , I try to go to all their comps. Usually I'm the only dad there ,my girls see this & our proud to have the only dad that cares . We are looking at getting another boat that is able to go in the ocean also , since we live 6 miles from Davies .Next year they will be in middle school & will cut down dance .

HMF'er
02-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Anyone want to tell her she has to stop dancing?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/081806_013.jpg

Kilrtoy
02-21-2007, 08:49 PM
Anyone want to tell her she has to stop dancing?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/081806_013.jpg
I will for you;)

Throttle
02-21-2007, 08:51 PM
u shoulda been a fireman... shift trades are easier, hehehe. just teasin you...
tough call here bro, i feel your pain on this one... however be there for your daughter... maybe you can just shorten your trips out here a bit to be there for her... hope you got some vacation time too! get ready to use it!!! all of it!!!

Ryphraph
02-21-2007, 08:53 PM
Maybe some strategic use of vacation, comp and/or sick time could get you through to the recital. Once the season is done, find a school that lends itself to your schedule.
I know the drill: baseball, Girlscouts and other activities can take a toll on river-time.
Ryph

HMF'er
02-21-2007, 08:56 PM
I will for you;)
You heartless SOB, you must be a motor cop:D

Kilrtoy
02-21-2007, 09:02 PM
You heartless SOB, you must be a motor cop:D
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/straycat207/motorcop.jpg

HMF'er
02-21-2007, 09:04 PM
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/straycat207/motorcop.jpg
That's a classic right there.

slink
02-21-2007, 09:05 PM
Wuusssuuppp, Jeff
Supp Cory. We need to hit Rodrigo's patio..............soon. Been getting killed at work

HMF'er
02-21-2007, 09:07 PM
Supp Cory. We need to hit Rodrigo's patio..............soon. Been getting killed at work
I'm just up the road, let me know when you go.

slink
02-21-2007, 09:14 PM
I'm just up the road, let me know when you go.
Will do

blackcloud75
02-21-2007, 09:19 PM
Not sure who's uglier.:)
ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I get pertier when the drinks are-a-flowin'!!!!!!!!!!:D
Shake-it-pig!!!!!!!

EAZYKILLER2006
02-21-2007, 09:23 PM
My daughter has been taking weekly dance classes and really enjoys it. The group is working their way up to producing and participating in a recital in July. I truly want her to continue if it makes her happy, and it does.
The problem is that the class for her age group is only offered on one specific day of the week. This day happens to be in the middle of my days off (the time I want to spend boating). For her to miss two out of four classes per month would be too much and she would fall behind the group. For me to only go to the river one time per month is unacceptable , I had planned on going two or three weekends per month, after all I pay lots of money for my boat and I may as well use it. This hasn't been an issue over the winter months but now it is suddenly a major issue in our house.
I thought I was willing to sacrifice almost anyting for my kids, but now I'm feeling a bit selfish. What do I do?
hate to say it, but the kids have to come first... no matter what...i gave up my whole life for my kids... :(
we never did shit, unless it was hockey...(both my sons were in hockey) it was a year round event, NEVER ENDING:( AND EXPENSIVE!!!!...
BUT LUCKY... THEY GROW UP...i never thought twice, about THE SACRIFICE ...at the time...
i worked at a daycare, because i wouldnt leave the kids, with anyone...what a sacrifice....nightmare actually...darn:( lil kiddies kept me "sick" all year around... THAT WAS 24/7...
maybe there is an "exact" same dance class, somewhere else...look into that...GOOD LUCK;)

blackcloud75
02-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Just show Momma what they learn in ballet..............
and she'll pull her right out of there.......problem solved!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1453freetoagoodhome.jpg
What studio is she at??

jbone
02-21-2007, 09:29 PM
I think it's funny you submitted a river pic and not a dance pic. She looks like she is having a blast. Once she is there, she'll forget the dance.
Like I said, make the river family friendly and they will never want to stop.
Good luck,
J

lewiville
02-21-2007, 09:36 PM
here's what you do. have the dance lessons in the fall and winter only. the rest is self explanatory.

Phat Matt
02-21-2007, 09:41 PM
Pick the river. Tell her Santa said so. :)

Ziggy
02-21-2007, 09:47 PM
I don't have kids.....that being said, the river will always be there your daughter will only be this age once.....
For not having kids thats the most insightful post I've read yet. Kudo's. :)
I know a few around here that put priorities in order.

DILLIGAF
02-21-2007, 09:48 PM
Damn, that is an easy question. Sacrafice for your kid.

dumbandyoung
02-21-2007, 09:51 PM
Just show Momma what they learn in ballet..............
and she'll pull her right out of there.......problem solved!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1453freetoagoodhome.jpg
What studio is she at??
LMAO.
put a beer in the other hand and shes out for sure.

Rattle Can Lou
02-21-2007, 09:56 PM
I'll probably be the most ridiculed SOB on here. I have raised two sons. One is 26 and the youngest is 22. A four year old is too young to be making the decisions for the family. They have dance in the winter somewhere in your town. The boating is a family sport. It can be the best family sport there is. I was raised with four siblings in my family and all we did was boat and ski. The bottom line is the kids are gonna love what the family loves. That doesnt mean that you can go to the river every weekend and subject them to pasties and beer. But if you spend great time and teach them the watersprts so they get good exercise and let them take friends with them it's a win win all the way around. I gotta tell ya that my boys love being with the wife and I and we still go to the lake together. They played basketball during the winter and loved it.

jbone
02-21-2007, 09:59 PM
I'll probably be the most ridiculed SOB on here. I have raised two sons. One is 26 and the youngest is 22. A four year old is too young to be making the decisions for the family. They have dance in the winter somewhere in your town. The boating is a family sport. It can be the best family sport there is. I was raised with four siblings in my family and all we did was boat and ski. The bottom line is the kids are gonna love what the family loves. That doesnt mean that you can go to the river every weekend and subject them to pasties and beer. But if you spend great time and teach them the watersprts so they get good exercise and let them take friends with them it's a win win all the way around. I gotta tell ya that my boys love being with the wife and I and we still go to the lake together. They played basketball during the winter and loved it.
Ditto!

Throttle
02-21-2007, 10:25 PM
i know mamma is gonna want to be where i am...:D

2LKHVSU
02-22-2007, 04:39 AM
It is all very simple, change to a different studio that offers a class to accomodate your days off.

framer1
02-22-2007, 05:12 AM
Sorry, the kids come first. Your going to have to trust me on how fast your kids grow up and are out of the house. You will regret missing her dance class in your later years. My daughter danced all the way thur H.S. The river will always be there. Good luck:)

phebus
02-22-2007, 06:47 AM
Simple, you go once without the family, you have her skip dance one time, and you end up going to the river two times a month for four days each. Perfect compromise, and your not crowding up the lake out here four trips a month, so I win too. :D Just kidding, looking forward to seeing you as much as you can get out here.

HMF'er
02-22-2007, 07:11 AM
Simple, you go once without the family, you have her skip dance one time, and you end up going to the river two times a month for four days each. Perfect compromise, and your not crowding up the lake out here four trips a month, so I win too. :D Just kidding, looking forward to seeing you as much as you can get out here.
That's It! I'm coming every week and we're staying at your house!:sqeyes:

HMF'er
02-22-2007, 07:12 AM
It is all very simple, change to a different studio that offers a class to accomodate your days off.
We're working on that option. The issue is the upcoming recital we have to commit to like yesterday.

havaduner
02-22-2007, 07:51 AM
We're working on that option. The issue is the upcoming recital we have to commit to like yesterday.
commit to the recital, it will in the short term make your daughter happy. If she like the recital, your screwed.:D :(
My daughter started dance when she was 6. She's sixteen now. 4 dance classes a week, and now we are up to 5 competitiions a year. yeah, it takes away from river time, but I hit all the "away" competitions (palm springs, Vegas, Laughlin) I go, play golf, and usually get there in time to see some of her performances, which makes her very happy. If I cant find something to do when the local competitions come around I go, which makes her happy.
Will dance lead to anything else later in life, I doubt it, but she enjoys it, so I deal with it.

Debbolas
02-22-2007, 07:57 AM
Four is kinda young to make a career out of dancing. ;)
Would she like to try something else? Karate, Gymnastics, Hockey, softball, basketball..........there has to be an activity that would work with your schedule. :D

Mrs 2LKHVSU
02-22-2007, 03:01 PM
Our girls both took ballet for years at Center Stage in Corona. (951) 736-9866
You may want to check out her schedule, tell Mrs Denise we referred you. I see by her web site that she has a July recital scheduled, maybe you already take classes there. When the Summer show came up, we skipped it. And never missed the December show.
If you think Ballet is a tough decision, you just wait until that adorable little girl is 15!!
Good Luck...

RiverDave
02-22-2007, 03:08 PM
H'mfer, I didn't read the whole thread so if this has already been said just disregard. She's 4 years old.. Dance classes just came to an end. She will throw a fit at first, but in a day or two she'll be over it, and the following week she's probably forget all about them.
She's YOUR daughter, your not HER hostage. I can't even hardly believe you posed the question? Don't let your kids run over you, YOUR in charge and YOU make the decisions.. Not the other way around.
RD

DRMCAT
02-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Where is the dilemma? You stay home with Mina and Corey. Oh, and Carrie comes with us. I will even extend the favor a bit by taking your boat out for you every once in awhile, just so I can splash water on it.
I would have sworn a few weeks ago, someone was telling me about all of the positives about taking those crummy days off on purpose. I hate to say I told you so, But, I TOLD YOU SO!

DRMCAT
02-23-2007, 10:17 AM
I was wondering who put those f*@#ing rocks in there.
I love boob implant stories, especially when drinking beer.

Cole Trickle
02-23-2007, 11:36 AM
If she is doing it for fun I think it's great and would try to find her a class that fit's everyones schedule.
With that being said my little sister was a very talented Ballerina. she started at age 3 and wen't almost non stop until she was 16.(She was also on her highschools state champion dance team)
she was playing leads in good sized productions and wen't to Boston when she was 15 for the summer to try out for there program.(She was offered a scholarship and my parents would not allow her to be away from home un supervised...(The stuff that wen't on at the camp was bad enough)
Basicly if you think HS sports are tuff/competitive you haven't seen anything...:(
She was put under tremendous stress by the balet school to bust her ass and watch her weight.(My parents never forced her and didn't really know the pressure she was under until later in life) She is going to be 23 in may and she still has "issues" that go back to dance. Once she quit dance she kinda lost focus/passion.
I don't think I will force my kids to do anything on a level where they are not having fun. I don't want to be the dad that lives through my kids and forces them to push on with false dreams of being a star.(I have several friends that wen't through this)
It will be the river and Desert for my family:D

28Prowler525
02-23-2007, 12:11 PM
Our 4 y/o dances and does competitions. Her dance practice is Monday afternoon and Tuesday afternoon and has 4 competitions a year on a weekend. Have you though about switching to a school that has different hours?

phebus
02-23-2007, 12:22 PM
I feel you are being very insensitive, and feel it would be in your best interests to take dance lessons along with her. :D
The river will always be here twinkle toes. :)
That said, I'd bail now, the weathers already warming up. :D

jbtrailerjim
02-23-2007, 12:36 PM
I have two boy's (3 & 6) and all I can say is they better take up watersports because we are going to the river. The oldest does take a karate class but it's on Monday evenings so it does not interfere with river trips. My boy's love going to the river and out on the boat. I see a lot of parents who let their kids run their lives nowadays. The most important part in life is, spending time together as a family and having fun. At four years old, I'm sure she won't be traumatized for the rest of her life because she didn't get to take a dance class. Like I tell my kids, "Life Isn't Like Burger King" you can't always have it your way.;)

WYRD
02-23-2007, 12:39 PM
Break her leg. ;)
Best response of the Year:D :D

mrs.rvrluvr
02-23-2007, 12:53 PM
I think it's funny you submitted a river pic and not a dance pic. She looks like she is having a blast. Once she is there, she'll forget the dance.
Like I said, make the river family friendly and they will never want to stop.
Good luck,
J
We have three kids (ages 9, 7, & 5) they all like doing outside activities (baseball, dance, etc.), but given a choice they always pick going to the river. They've even choosen to have their birthday parties at the river.

blackcloud75
02-23-2007, 01:14 PM
I was wondering who put those f*@#ing rocks in there.
I love boob implant stories, especially when drinking beer.
Sorry to dime the lil' C-Dog out..................Alex and I thought we got all of them out.........nothin' better then BOOBS,BEER,AND BiBLES as my preacher always told me

pixilatedpussy
02-23-2007, 01:16 PM
I always believe in Doing for my Kids before Myself! I cant tell you how many riding/river/snowski trips we miss due to the fact that my boys are heavily into club soccer & love it! They come first.;)

boater72
02-23-2007, 01:28 PM
Winner :D
I have a 15 year old daughter and 12 year old son. We do cheer, baseball, Jr dragster racing, dirt bikes and the river, just not as much river because like said above the river will always be there. Even sold the boat a couple years ago as we have a lot of friends with boats we can go out on. I always tell them though when there done with the above I am selling the trailer etc and buying the big boat and off to the zoo :D I will admit though when at the river every time on the water and looking at the big blue sky and all of the water I say to the wife this is the life!!

phebus
02-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Just move here, and let her dance her heart out, and then head to the lake. :D

oldbuck40
02-23-2007, 02:49 PM
HMF'ER sounds like your the one that committed to your daughter by saying its ok for her to start dance class in the first place! be a man and put your pride aside and do whats right for the girl. she will only be that age once dont screw up and miss it cause you wanted to do somthing that you feel is more important.
you will thank yourself later.

OnlyMoney
02-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Wait, I'm confused..did he say DAUGHTER or puppy!?!? :confused:
It's ONE summer, you can still have trips to the river, you said so yourself. Next season/year, you can find a school that fits YOUR schedule. The scheduling sounds like more of an afterthought now.

Foxy..
02-23-2007, 03:19 PM
wow.. what a irresponsible arrogant asshole you are.
Im a single mother with a special needs son and I work my ass off constantly in everyway to make sure that my son has a great life. As a good parent you give up a lot in life to make sure that your child can be in sports and be in activitys. Im sorry to bust your bubble but the river will always be there - your daughter wont. I think you need to sit back and re-evaluate your life and whats most important to you... If you want to be selfish and take your daughter away from things that she enjoys so you can spend a day or two at the river do it.. But just remember this she is the one that will be there for you when you are too old to boat and she will have to choose to take care of you and see you enjoy life or to put you in a home.
If all you are gonna do is bitch and moan about not doing stuff that you wanna do - you should have worn a condom and bought a puppy.

blackcloud75
02-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Im a single mother with a special needs son and I work my ass off constantly in everyway to make sure that my son has a great life. As a good parent you give up a lot in life to make sure that your child can be in sports and be in activitys. Im sorry to bust your bubble but the river will always be there - your daughter wont. I think you need to sit back and re-evaluate your life and whats most important to you... If you want to be selfish and take your daughter away from things that she enjoys so you can spend a day or two at the river do it.. But just remember this she is the one that will be there for you when you are too old to boat and she will have to choose to take care of you and see you enjoy life or to put you in a home.
If all you are gonna do is bitch and moan about not doing stuff that you wanna do - you should have worn a condom and bought a puppy.
CHILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By your tone, you don't know HMF'er. He was looking to see how most of us deal with these types of life's issues. He wasn't bitching by any means..
Most of us who have kids, ensure that they are priority, and EVERY kid has special needs, no matter what circumstance......
If you need to rant more contact the Hot Boat Crisis Hotline and they can direct your call to the assistance your are requiring.........or www.match.com, www.dateahero.com, www.eharmony.com, www.date.com
Or the next time you post, be positive and SMILE..................:D

phebus
02-23-2007, 04:04 PM
The river will always be here, but you may be able to jump across the widest portion in a few years. :D

slink
02-23-2007, 04:07 PM
By your tone, you don't know HMF'er. He was looking to see how most of us deal with these types of life's issues. He wasn't bitching by any means..
Most of us who have kids, ensure that they are priority, and EVERY kid as special needs, no matter what circumstance......
If you need to rant more contact the Hot Boat Crisis Hotline and they can direct your call to the assistance your are requiring.........or www.match.com, www.dateahero.com, www.eharmony.com, www.date.com
Or the next time you post, be positive and SMILE..................:D
Cory, I just chalked it up to good ole PMS. BTW, why do you know so much about the online dating stuff? "Dateahero.com" is that some secret fireman dating website?:D :D

Cole Trickle
02-23-2007, 04:10 PM
The river will always be here, but you may be able to jump across the widest portion in a few years. :D
Stupid Zebra Mussels!!!:mad: :devil: :idea: :D

blackcloud75
02-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Cory, I just chalked it up to good ole PMS. BTW, why do you know so much about the online dating stuff? "Dateahero.com" is that some secret fireman dating website?:D :D
About 3 weeks ago I get a call from the B/C for My fireman and me to come to the office.........well lets say our IS dept. found out my subordinate had been using city computers for dating sites/myspace, etc. so....luckily only a letter got dropped in his file for a year.......did I mention he also has a restraining order from some psycho chick he met through match.com, who also was stalking him while we were on duty.........crazy broad

Foxy..
02-23-2007, 04:58 PM
LOL...
Sorry Boys thats not for another 3 weeks F.Y.I
Hey I just had to speak my mind just like anyone else on here - I got a brain and I know how to use it.. So you dont have to tell me how and what to post as well.
And thanks for the dating tips.. But I got myslef a great man that loves his responsibilities in life.
Hows this for a smile http://theinsideline.org/forums/images/smilies/141.gif

Jbb
02-23-2007, 05:05 PM
:p

phebus
02-23-2007, 05:07 PM
About 3 weeks ago I get a call from the B/C for My fireman and me to come to the office.........well lets say our IS dept. found out my subordinate had been using city computers for dating sites/myspace, etc. so....luckily only a letter got dropped in his file for a year.......did I mention he also has a restraining order from some psycho chick he met through match.com, who also was stalking him while we were on duty.........crazy broad
That guys weak. I made it a point, that when I got written up, everyone around me went down. Slacker. :D

J540
02-23-2007, 05:46 PM
Cory, I just chalked it up to good ole PMS. :D
LOL...
http://theinsideline.org/forums/images/smilies/141.gif
HEY There; What ya doing the next few weeks? wana hang out.:D
J/K.

shueman
02-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Support the kid....boating will always be there, she's only around for a short time...;)

J540
02-23-2007, 06:25 PM
Most of us who have kids, ensure that they are priority, and EVERY kid has special needs, no matter what circumstance......
ensure that they are priority
If so Then why ask.
Cant tell you how many times we were late or couldn't go places cuz of the kids soccer game.
Our boys team always makes the playoffs and its always right before we go up north (Windsor cal)for a family get together on thanksgiving and its a 9hr drive, want to make a long trip out of it. But always have to wait two extra days b4 we can leave. What really makes me want to be selfish and just leave is the fact that the team they will play at the end is so good/Better by far sometimes.
So I always say lets just go they wont make it past the semifinals.
But its a team and he is part of that team and its not fair to the rest of the team for him not to be there.
Parents do that shit all the time pull the kids out or not show up with out talking to the coach to see if its ok or if the team will suffer that weekend cuz of other kids being off and the kids lose the game and they take it hard. Its not fair to them.
But DUDE ITS Dance :yuk: F, all that goto the river:D :D :D Just Kidding.
One thing I just realized with my 12yr old She likes dance class and other stuff but loves the river alot so its not hard to know where we are going to go.
But in the past (and I mean quite a few yr,s ago) I chose for us to do what I wanted to do and she to this day remembers that. OOUCH.
Well looks like you wont be using your boat on some weekends so can I use it my kids will love you for it.:D :D

slink
02-23-2007, 06:37 PM
What kind of supervisor are you? You must be asleep on the job.............oh ya, nevermind:D :sleeping: :sleeping:

blackcloud75
02-24-2007, 02:32 PM
LOL...
Hey I just had to speak my mind just like anyone else on here - I got a brain and I know how to use it.. So you dont have to tell me how and what to post as well.
And thanks for the dating tips.. But I got myslef a great man that loves his responsibilities in life.
Hows this for a smile http://theinsideline.org/forums/images/smilies/141.gif
LOL...........Your right..........attempt to use it next time("speaking my mind like everyone else on here"...BTW thanks for the quote)
And who said you didn't have a brain? I personnally can't remember where I lost mine.....:)
Oh yeah, what no........

blackcloud75
02-24-2007, 02:35 PM
What kind of supervisor are you? You must be asleep on the job.............oh ya, nevermind:D :sleeping: :sleeping:
Watch it..............Homeboy......I may have to stir up Swan Lake and drum up some business for ya' .........clickity clank..clickity clank

HMF'er
02-24-2007, 03:01 PM
WOW! Who pissed in your cheerios?

HMF'er
02-24-2007, 03:06 PM
I will even extend the favor a bit by taking your boat out for you every once in awhile, just so I can splash water on it.
There's an old saying that goes something like this:
You can mess with my money, you can mess with my wife, but if you get my boat wet, you're messing with your life!:devil:

HMF'er
02-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Watch it..............Homeboy......I may have to stir up Swan Lake and drum up some business for ya' .........clickity clank..clickity clank
Is that where you've been hanging out lately? Got some new friends?

HMF'er
02-24-2007, 03:09 PM
Maybe everyone should start peeing in the water to keep the level up.