PDA

View Full Version : whirlaways???

Sanger d
07-05-2002, 08:20 PM
Hey guys i am still new to v drives. what exactly is a whirlaway? I dont have one on my 18 ft sanger, i was told to get one. what can u tell me about them. what do they look like, cost, how hard to install. thanks for the help.

jordanpaulk
07-05-2002, 08:56 PM
Hey, Sanger D,
I understand that you are new to the boards and welcome, but you have to understand that most of the V-drive guys take their prescribed medication and are in bed before 7:00 in any give time zone. Make sure to adjust your posts accordingly as the V-drive retirement home hates to keep these guys up. Just some food for thought. Sweet dreams guys.
Jordy.
p.s. Y'all know I am just toying with you as I dig the whole v-drive movement and can't pass up and opportunity to jerk you guys chain. LOL.
[This message has been edited by jordanpaulk (edited July 06, 2002).]

superdave013
07-05-2002, 09:04 PM
It's a prop release. It lets the prop free spin if you loose power or lock up an engine during a hard pass. With out it you could flip your boat if that were to happen.
You will be much happier whit it when you just lift after a pass too. I had a boat with out one for a short time and when I'ed lift it would try to toss my passanger up on the deck. Much better when the whirlaway was installed.
Here is a pic of the parts from V-Drive Tom's web site. I would talk to him about parts and installation. His link is at the top of the page.
http://www.menkensvdrives.com/gfx_files/shaftreleasekit_sm.jpg

superdave013
07-05-2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk:
Hey, Sanger D,
I understand that you are new to the boards and welcome, but you have to understand that most of the V-drive guys take their prescribed medication and are in bed before 7:00 at/or before in any give time zone. Make sure to adjust your posts accordingly as the V-drive retirement home hates to keep these guys up. Just some food for thought. Sweet dreams guys.
Jordy.
p.s. Y'all know I am just toying with you as I dig the whole v-drive movement and can't pass up and opportunity to jerk youn's chain. LOL.
[This message has been edited by jordanpaulk (edited July 05, 2002).]
Hey, shouldn't you be stroking your squirt pumper right about now? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

jordanpaulk
07-05-2002, 10:05 PM
I was hoping you would at least have a response SD, as you are my favorite V-driver. I don't have anything to stroke on my pumper, other than the large phallic symbol that has been pointed out on this or other forums. No tranny, no gears, just a good ole get in, turn the key and go 50 +/- kind of boat...LOL
Jordy

Beautiful Noise
07-05-2002, 10:50 PM
hmmmmmmm.......50+/- Don't most PWC'S go that fast......LOL........Sorry I had to get a dig in J/K ing.

jordanpaulk
07-06-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Beautiful Noise:
hmmmmmmm.......50+/- Don't most PWC'S go that fast......LOL........Sorry I had to get a dig in J/K ing.
I think some of them just might, but they dont sound as cool...LOL
Jordy

Beautiful Noise
07-06-2002, 11:09 AM
Jordy.......Good Point.......lol

beaverfab
07-07-2002, 04:08 PM
Would be happy to talk to you about a prop shaft release. I manufacture them. You need to know if it is a 5 bolt or 6 bolt housing, your shift housing to the split case. We sell the kit for $650.00. You can call me from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm dallas time. 972-438-2277 j.j.