PDA

View Full Version : HOT DAMN..4 1st time passes in one day

SummitKarl
02-22-2007, 01:11 PM
what the heck.....
LaPaz county calls, says "your plans for the Moovalya Keys are approved"....nice I thought...... so....you know who you are your plans are ready:D holly...thats a monster of a home;)
Then..Mohave county calls, says "your Havasu Heights plans are approved"
SK-------<<<<<< hey this day is going fairly good
I decide to risk it and call Lake Havasu City...whats up with these two addresses I turned in last week......
LHC plans examiner...<<<<Karl I just finished, I hated to do it but you got a first time pass on both....:jawdrop: so you know who you are your plans for Thunderbird are ready:D
4-1st time passes in one day........I am going to buy some lottery tickets tonight:D

YeLLowBoaT
02-22-2007, 01:14 PM
You know you used up all your 1st time pass for this year right? :D
That or you have got that hundred dallor hand shake down really good. :)

SummitKarl
02-22-2007, 01:19 PM
You know you used up all your 1st time pass for this year right? :D
That or you have got that hundred dallor hand shake down really good. :)
hope not on the passes
hell no I couldn't afford the Hundy handshake...but a properly timed Big Johns steak sandwich does wonders:D

Jim W
02-22-2007, 02:15 PM
A good friend of mine is a custom home builder.
When ever the inspectors come for a look see, he has one of his guys put a case of beer on their front seat while they are inside.
Seems to do wonders.
Be good, Jim

phebus
02-22-2007, 02:21 PM
Damn Karl, your good. Usually they'll not pass something, "just because". Congrats.

SummitKarl
02-22-2007, 03:17 PM
Damn Karl, your good. Usually they'll not pass something, "just because". Congrats.
Thanks
400+ homes later and I am starting to get the hang of it:D

djunkie
02-22-2007, 03:22 PM
I remember seeing that drawing of the house in the Keys. Ya it should be pretty nice. :D :D

BLOWN HOWARD
02-22-2007, 03:24 PM
You talking about the plans for THUNDERBIRD in parker on the AZ side????

Havasu1986
02-22-2007, 03:25 PM
The field inspectors will find something wrong:D

SummitKarl
02-22-2007, 03:39 PM
You talking about the plans for THUNDERBIRD in parker on the AZ side????
nope Thunderbird in Havasu......Riverside in Parker

SummitKarl
02-22-2007, 03:43 PM
I remember seeing that drawing of the house in the Keys. Ya it should be pretty nice. :D :D
got to love the requirements from the customer on that one:D
Customer----<<<< it needs to be able to handle partys of 80 people on a regular bassis:jawdrop: :D

Ziggy
02-22-2007, 03:48 PM
http://www.cfa.org/breeds/profiles/jpgs-bob/sphynx.gif
Thats a sweet one for sure :D:D

djunkie
02-22-2007, 03:53 PM
got to love the requirements from the customer on that one:D
Customer----<<<< it needs to be able to handle partys of 80 people on a regular bassis:jawdrop: :D
I like the idea with the bedrooms too. Gonna be bad ass!!!!!!!!!!!

SummitKarl
02-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Thats a sweet one for sure :D:D
yes they did opt for the hardwood floor option:D

Ziggy
02-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Keep dreamin' pal....................the coffee table would work too.;)
I liked the open air downstairs portion...that is way cool.

SummitKarl
02-22-2007, 04:07 PM
it's going to be a "big nut" = $'s, Dual RV's, Tripple masters, dual 400sq ft decks, dual bars:D , and a 1500sqft living room:jawdrop: and it couldn't be happening for a nicer couple;)

YeLLowBoaT
02-22-2007, 04:11 PM
yeah so post up a drawing or 2 and a floor plan for us...

Ziggy
02-22-2007, 04:23 PM
yeah so post up a drawing or 2 and a floor plan for us...
No Soup for YOU................:D:D

Boatcop
02-22-2007, 04:29 PM
what the heck.....
LaPaz county calls, says "your plans for the Moovalya Keys are approved"....nice I thought...... so....you know who you are your plans are ready:D holly...thats a monster of a home;)
Then..Mohave county calls, says "your Havasu Heights plans are approved"
SK-------<<<<<< hey this day is going fairly good
I decide to risk it and call Lake Havasu City...whats up with these two addresses I turned in last week......
LHC plans examiner...<<<<Karl I just finished, I hated to do it but you got a first time pass on both....:jawdrop: so you know who you are your plans for Thunderbird are ready:D
4-1st time passes in one day........I am going to buy some lottery tickets tonight:D
Yeah, but............
......has the Keys HOA signed off on it yet?

SummitKarl
02-22-2007, 04:35 PM
Yeah, but............
......has the Keys HOA signed off on it yet?
it went to them first...and I got the little blue stamp:D

SummitKarl
02-22-2007, 04:37 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/riversideelv.jpg
1st floor
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/riversidefl1.jpg
2nd floor
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/riversidefl2.jpg
gota run late for car club:D

Havasu1986
02-22-2007, 04:38 PM
The front of the house looks like a fire station.:)

Mandelon
02-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Karl, can you come down and submit some plans for me.....the City of San Diego is so screwed up. One one hand I get one notice back from the Fire Marshall that says we to cut down all the bushes in the canyon......while on the other hand Environmental Review is requiring a report to determine the location of "sensitive vegetation"in the canyon...$3000 bucks extra...:mad: I need a biologist to tell me the bamboo and grass is not "sensitive".....
:confused: :mad: You must be doing something right. Maybe its the lack of vegetation......or treehuggers over there. :)

Ziggy
02-22-2007, 05:24 PM
Karl, can you come down and submit some plans for me.....the City of San Diego is so screwed up. One one hand I get one notice back from the Fire Marshall that says we to cut down all the bushes in the canyon......while on the other hand Environmental Review is requiring a report to determine the location of "sensitive vegetation"in the canyon...$3000 bucks extra...:mad: I need a biologist to tell me the bamboo and grass is not "sensitive".....
:confused: :mad: You must be doing something right. Maybe its the lack of vegetation......or treehuggers over there. :)
Did you just say trees? Out there?
You should try doing anything in Oceanside :rolleyes:, and deal with the Coastal Commission:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

phebus
02-22-2007, 05:27 PM
Mandy, I doubt the Fire Marshall could mandate you cut down bushes in a canyon, but he sure as hell could require fuel mods on your property, and certain setbacks.

YeLLowBoaT
02-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Sounds alot like a house I'm helping a friend build... the tree huggers are saying you need to regrade every thing and tarce it off and put in run off protection... the building inspector is saying if you do that and bring in forign soil( of which he needs about 300 yd to comply with the tree huggers) you can't put in your septic system in the forign soil... so the only area on the porperty that he could put it is in a solid grante clif...:hammer2:
I'm glad hes doing a owner builder... :D

SummitKarl
02-22-2007, 06:51 PM
only time I have to deal with that here is for R-3, R-4 and commercial, sprinkle a few shrubs around,,,yada, yada, fire is easy here, calc it out for two heads running and remain above street pressure, they don't care about the lot...rocks don't burn:D
I am trying my first Cali house now, finding I can get all the required stamps done on line:D , but wholly frick the check list is long:jawdrop: I feel for you Mandy...it's gota be tough in S.D. Lawyers...:eek:

rrrr
02-22-2007, 07:09 PM
Thanks
400+ homes later and I am starting to get the hang of it:D
Maybe it's because you quit turning in drawings from a Big Cheif tablet colored with crayons, Karl.
:D :D

SummitKarl
02-22-2007, 07:12 PM
Maybe it's because you quit turning in drawings from a Big Cheif tablet colored with crayons, Karl.
:D :D
I tried the Etch-a sketch for a while but drawings kept erasing on the way to the city:D :D

Mandelon
02-22-2007, 07:19 PM
Mandy, I doubt the Fire Marshall could mandate you cut down bushes in a canyon, but he sure as hell could require fuel mods on your property, and certain setbacks.
The house is on the rim of the canyon, and they sent me a diagram showing removal of low lying combustibles and trimming taller stuff from 10' and lower,as i recall. House has to have minimal eaves, and stucco'd in as well.
The city bitches that no one wants to build affordable housing.......and then makes it so hard to build anything that isn't really expensive....:mad: