PDA

View Full Version : Medium Range Boaters.

Bradf
01-31-2006, 03:18 PM
I see alot of you all out, max hp, big dollar guys on here. Buying new(used) hulls, stuffing some crazy ci motors in them, 100mph+ boats left and right etc... Which is great and all, this is after all the "Hot"boat forums. But what about guys like me that dont have those deep pockets to pour into boating (even though all around its pretty expensive). Anyone else out there with a mediumish boat like myself? Not insanely built, but you do things here and there when you can? Just wondering. Id love to come out to the events like the elsinore deal that just went on and such, but id hate to be the guy with the slow boat that doesnt really know that much about anything lol. :)

Oldsquirt
01-31-2006, 03:25 PM
I think your "medium range boater" is far more common on here than the all out, max hp, big dollar guys. They just seem to stand out more.:) As far as showing up goes, just do it. Meet new people make new friends and have fun. After all, that's what any recreational activity is about, right?

LGCDEVIL
01-31-2006, 03:32 PM
I don't think there is anybody on here with a 100mph boat that hasn't been beat. Don't know of anybody on here with a 50mph boat that hasn't won a race either. Just show up, man.

shootingstar72683
01-31-2006, 04:00 PM
If ya don't have to paddle, you'll have a good time. I'm a spare-change boater. If it sounds good Crank It!!

BigBlockBaja
01-31-2006, 04:13 PM
I'm a spare-change boater.
Hense "Low Range Boater"? Thats where Im at.

SmokinLowriderSS
01-31-2006, 04:19 PM
I'm one of your "medium range boaters", and am proud of it. Lowrider is an old girl, but classy, and she can bite too. My budget forces me to do incremental upgrades and I am only going to maximise what she is able to handle. I've been advised it'd be a good idea (and a safe one) to keep her well UNDER 100mph, and I have no intention of getting there. Her 454, aluminum intake, right cam, headers, and porting (and the proper internal hardware to keep her solid & reliable) should get me nearly 500 HP, high 70's on smooth glass. The Nitrous atop that (poor man's blower) should shove me to the mid 80's where I want to take her. I would like 1 day to build up a sweet tunnel-hull, blown Chevy, to join the "over 100 club", but don't know if I'll ever have the budget for that one.

BrendellaJet
01-31-2006, 04:33 PM
Lowrider, Ill bet you run better in the chop.

beerjet
01-31-2006, 04:42 PM
I think your "medium range boater" is far more common on here than the all out, max hp, big dollar guys. They just seem to stand out more.:) As far as showing up goes, just do it. Meet new people make new friends and have fun. After all, that's what any recreational activity is about, right?
hey brad I haven't been here long but it seems oldsquirt is right , and by the way I know where your coming from. Unless I get my chit together I'm gonna be doin some paddle tuning this summer. :hammer2:

bradbigsley
01-31-2006, 04:59 PM
and also dont forget all the guys that do most of there own work which to them is also part of the boating experience.. show up, make friends and the learning will be free!!!!!! just remember that a beer and a boat are all you really need... :rollside: :rollside:

Ralph Brunt
01-31-2006, 05:53 PM
yeah i'm medium too it's going on a year to build my motor for my first boat paycheck to paycheck a peice at a time no big $$$$$$$$$$$$ here butt i'm having fun nothing better than being on the water with my familly ralph

Squirtcha?
01-31-2006, 05:55 PM
A ten year project, and probably another ten to go. Mid-range just like you said. Probably got a quite a bit of dinero into it, but it's been spent real slow-like. It doesn't seem to hurt quite so much that way.
Won't run 100 mph...........or even 90 mph for that matter.
It's been a blast though.
Webpage (http://www.homestead.com/jetboat/jetboats.html)

'78 gt boat
01-31-2006, 06:09 PM
I myself have only had my boat in the water for about 30 min and then the paddle came out to then be towed in. That was last summer and it hasn't been wet since due to a new motor build. Piece by piece and it should be done within two weeks (hopefully!!) Then the medium sized stereo system goes is. :rollside: Can't wait to meet a lot of you soon.

AZKC
01-31-2006, 06:18 PM
I'm with the majority low budget boater group :)

SHIFTY
01-31-2006, 06:19 PM
DON't FRET. IF WE LET Jetdriver AND Cale HANG OUT, I'm SURE YOU'll BE OK.
*BEEN MEANING TO ASK THIS FOR MONTHS. beerjet, WHO's ASS IS THAT IN YOUR SIG?

76ANTHONY
01-31-2006, 06:19 PM
medium boater here too. just cant afford the 1000hp boats, and im a little puss too :D just bought my boat to enjoy it and meet up with hb peeps and old freinds at the river.....

Wicked Performance Boats
01-31-2006, 06:29 PM
Mrs Wicked and Myself will be proud to hang with all boaters out for a good time. A little cold beer,a little bullshit, a little humerod[ is that a word?] God, is summer coming? Budlight

Moneypitt
01-31-2006, 06:32 PM
Bradf, some pics of your wife or girlfriend, or your wife and your girlfriend might help your boat seem faster to the guys here. Then when you go to the lake and meet people no one will remember anything about your boats performance, just the ladies' pics posted here...............MP

beerjet
01-31-2006, 06:41 PM
DON't FRET. IF WE LET Jetdriver AND Cale HANG OUT, I'm SURE YOU'll BE OK.
*BEEN MEANING TO ASK THIS FOR MONTHS. beerjet, WHO's ASS IS THAT IN YOUR SIG?
I wish I knew. What I do know is that it's my desk top pic so after the old lady pops this LAST kid out , she'll have something to work towards before she hits 40

SHIFTY
01-31-2006, 06:43 PM
NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE :p

Brooski
01-31-2006, 07:47 PM
Medium boater here also. Like what was already said, all you need is a boat that runs and some beer, and you will find all the friends and free advice you will ever need. Always remember, no matter how fast your boat is, someone out there will be faster than you, so dont worry about it. I am running a 454, nothing special and it runs on pump fuel. It does low 70s. I am totally happy with it. I just want to be faster than Dan Hercules cuz if he catches up with me, he will drink all my beer!!!! :p

roostwear
01-31-2006, 08:16 PM
You'll be owing ME beers soon. The engine has to come out of the circus boat, (and you know how it goes) as long as I'm IN there...... :skull:

Devilman
01-31-2006, 08:26 PM
I see alot of you all out, max hp, big dollar guys on here. Buying new(used) hulls, stuffing some crazy ci motors in them, 100mph+ boats left and right etc... Which is great and all, this is after all the "Hot"boat forums. But what about guys like me that dont have those deep pockets to pour into boating (even though all around its pretty expensive). Anyone else out there with a mediumish boat like myself? Not insanely built, but you do things here and there when you can? Just wondering. Id love to come out to the events like the elsinore deal that just went on and such, but id hate to be the guy with the slow boat that doesnt really know that much about anything lol. :)
Who said anything about having deep pockets? All you gotta have is that love of bein on the water. Add to that the satisfaction of having a loudass boat...:D
I suppose I would fall into the category of a "medium boater".... Bought mine a couple years ago with just the intention of snagging my first jetboat. I had no knowledge whatsoever of what was a good hull/bad hull, blah, blah, blah. Bought it & prolly sunk a litle more $$$ than what I should have, but.... Have had a blast doing it & between the boat & these forums, have learned quite a bit.
After running around a few weekends by myself, I put myself out there & decided to meet up at a weekend gathering with some other Texas jetboaters from these boards. Had a great weekend & met some great people. My boat is by no means the fastest, or even one of the faster boats at any particular gathering but, it always starts & gets us from point A to point B & back again... It's not what I would consider show quality either, but it gets me on the water & thats what I'm concerned with.
If you hold back, because your worried about bein the guy with the slow boat that don't know much, then you are going to miss out big time. I was that guy you describe, not that long ago, but after one weekend at a lake I had never been to, I met some cool ass peeps that me & my wife continue to be close friends with to this day.
Guess what I'm tryin to say is that there is ALWAYS gonna be somebody faster, somebody with fancier paint, or somebody with more bling than you got. If your gonna let that bother you, you may as well get rid of the boat & stay at home. To hell with that. Getcher ass to the lake & enjoy yerself already!!

Bradf
01-31-2006, 09:10 PM
More responses than I expected, wow. Im not alone, schweet! Which makes me wonder what everyone has planned to do to their boat over winter (Im shooting to make one improvement every winter). I Put a flexplate on in place of my flywheel.. my first major (if you can consider it major) work on a boat.. hell even a motor of any type!

RCB19
01-31-2006, 09:33 PM
You know YOU CAN make a medium range sled haul azz. I know of a couple off the top of my head.

Brooski
01-31-2006, 10:30 PM
More responses than I expected, wow. Im not alone, schweet! Which makes me wonder what everyone has planned to do to their boat over winter (Im shooting to make one improvement every winter). I Put a flexplate on in place of my flywheel.. my first major (if you can consider it major) work on a boat.. hell even a motor of any type!
Seats the first winter, engine last year, pump this year. I am scared for next winter......

maxwedge
01-31-2006, 11:43 PM
With the mods I'm making this winter, I hope to step up into to the lower white trash/ghetto range. Maybe I'll hit medium next year :D

BigBlockBaja
01-31-2006, 11:50 PM
I hope to step up into to the lower white trash/ghetto range.
You just opened up a whole new can of worms there.....
Ever see a ghetto jet boat?
its 50cent in a row boat.....

SmokinLowriderSS
02-01-2006, 01:52 AM
Lowrider, Ill bet you run better in the chop.
She'll try to beat the crap outta ya in the rough, especially if you catch a wave paralell to the angle of the bow sweep. Jars yer fillings. Sometimes you can trim out of it, sometimes you just head to camp for beer.

CARLSON-JET
02-01-2006, 03:50 AM
I worked hard on the old tug and I enjoy working on it almost as much as I do cruising it. What I get most out of it though is the people factor. I have met alot of really cool folks on and off the various boards. To each Their own. I have owned the carlson for almost 10 years and finally last season just got it to where I think it should be. I'm glad this thread popped up.. we support the industry as much, if not more then the guys with the 100mph boats... We are a large majority. I do have a project going and it should come out just under what I hope for. Enjoy your boat whatever it is.. after all enjoyment is what this is all about. R.B.

Devilman
02-01-2006, 04:08 AM
Most of the major stuff is done with on mine. Floor, transom, interior, etc. Would like to build a motor, stroker motor more than likely.... Hopefully, with the parts I have already & some well-spent $$$, I'm shooting for next winter to complete that project.... :cool:

Squirtcha?
02-01-2006, 06:26 AM
It's funny............The first thing I had to replace was the seats and carpet. Mostly because it didn't have any in it when I bought it.
It's taken me soooooo long to do the rest of it, that the seats need to be replaced again.
Talk about your tight budgets.
I reckon that after the seats are redone again, it'll be time to go through the pump and motor again........... :rolleyes:
And so it goes............

IMPATIENT 1
02-01-2006, 06:44 AM
It Taking Me 3yrs To Rebuild One With Spare Dollas.got 3 Kids,mortgage So I'm A Med Budget Builder Too!!it's Fun Blowing Away The High Dolla Boats Around Here Though ,the Money Doesn't Buy The Knowledge It Takes To Get Jets Haulin Ass.its All Elbow Grease!!!!!

Jim Hall
02-01-2006, 06:48 AM
I fit into this category.I to do my own wrenching and fabbing and enjoy it as much as running it. I have been around boats all my life and know what it takes to run a 100 (a bunch)! I used to be intimidated by alot of bling,multiple carbs,blowers and such but have found that all that does not necessarily mean it goes fast. I will run anybody because I do not care if I win or loose and have out run quite a few high bling type boats.Alot of the time they won't run ya because they are afraid of looking bad. The main thing is have a good time and don't let anyone intimidate you. 60-70 mph in a boat feels like a hundred and that is good enough for me. :)

IMPATIENT 1
02-01-2006, 08:57 AM
Seats the first winter, engine last year, pump this year. I am scared for next winter......
MAN I THINK EVERYONE THAT HAS A JET IS STUCK IN THAT VICIOUS CYCLE,LOL. I'M THINKING OF TAKING UP A DRUG HABIT,HERD THEY'RE CHEAPER!!

Cas
02-01-2006, 09:07 AM
Yep, I fit into this category and is one of the reasons why the Laid Back Boaters was formed. Most everyone that joins up with us fits into the "medium range".
A few years ago when I got back into jet boats I felt the same as you. I had a 21' Tahiti, stock 454 with a Panther pump. It seemed all the outings around here were about going fast, spending thousands on the motor alone and some pretty big egos. After finally meeting up with a few people from the internet, I found out most of them felt the same way I did. Thus the name Laid Back Boaters.
I now have an 18' Bahner open bow boat that moves along pretty good. By no means is it fast compared to a lot of boats out there but it does what we want to use it for.
I see you're in SoCal but if you ever make it up this way, you're more than welcome to join us in any of the outings.....that goes for anyone else too.
Check out the Laid Back Boaters website (www.laidbackboaters.com) and you'll see what I mean.

BUSBY
02-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Hey Brad ... even though I have raced for a long time ... and have had some fast boats ... it all started with a $1500 jet some 20 years ago ... and I would have to say I would like to fall into that medium range when it comes to budget ... but I think I'm a little too much of a boat & go fast junkie ... I tend to spend more than I should. I'm just a knucklehead who is stupid enough to strap in a huge engine behind me to see how fast I can go.
For the past 6 years, I have only had a race boat ... this will be my first year getting back into going to the river, IF I can afford it. I am building a river jet on a budget and have to park (if not sell) the race boat. I understand how life gets into the way of fun when it comes to $$$ ...
The only way I have gotten to know the people I have, is showing up and being dedicated to my hobby, boats and boat racing. I have made tons of friends and learned invaluable tuning tips by just hanging out ... as Ross (RCB19) said ... there are a couple of REALLY fast budget boats here, it's not all about $$$
So I say to you, when you hear of something going on and someone states, who wants to come? Say, "I'm in" ... that's all it takes!
Hope to see you come out!
Brian

AZKC
02-01-2006, 09:55 AM
They are alot of us low to medium range boaters. If you've noticed Just Jets is the second largest forum next to the Sandbar. If you take away all the drama threads and Beaumont crap we'd be the largest. You could call this web site JETBOAT.COM :crossx:

Devilman
02-01-2006, 10:33 AM
medium boater here too. just cant afford the 1000hp boats, and im a little puss too :D just bought my boat to enjoy it and meet up with hb peeps and old freinds at the river.....
Aren't you on the boards at Trans-AmJacket.com??:D

roostwear
02-01-2006, 10:47 AM
I fall into this category also, and prefer it. I'm not fast, but can surprise a boat occaisionally. FC was originated with this type of boater in mind. I have as much fun beaching or floating as running. I don't know that I'd do a whole lot different with more boat budget..... I just enjoy the river. It's a lifestyle kinda thing......

Sleek-Jet
02-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Count me in.... :D
As much as I would like to have a new 23' boat... I have as much fun with my old Eliminator, and no payment. :D
I can walk on the deck of my boat and not worry about scratches in the gel. The kids can get sandy feet on the seats, and it's no big deal. If it get's rained on at the lake... oh well... it'll clean up, in about 20 minutes vs spending hours detailing new gel.
Beaters are neater.

Konabud
02-01-2006, 11:08 AM
I just got into the jetboat thing this past season, I just found a boat I thought would do the job. I think I got lucky not knowing much about jet boats. I'd consider myself one of your medium rangers. I swore when I sold my last car project I'd never wrench on an engine again (WRONG) I've got the thing stripped to the floorboards already replacing the steering and shifting. Adding a top mount starter, rear pickup pan, pressure regulator to the water system and having the pump rebuilt. Hopefully everything to make it last a few worryfree years. I've already made some new friends and to me that's what it's all about! :D :D

Wally_Gator
02-01-2006, 11:21 AM
I just got into the jetboat thing this past season, I just found a boat I thought would do the job. I think I got lucky not knowing much about jet boats. I'd consider myself one of your medium rangers. I swore when I sold my last car project I'd never wrench on an engine again (WRONG) I've got the thing stripped to the floorboards already replacing the steering and shifting. Adding a top mount starter, rear pickup pan, pressure regulator to the water system and having the pump rebuilt. Hopefully everything to make it last a few worryfree years. I've already made some new friends and to me that's what it's all about! :D :D
It never ends... If you wrench on your own.. You will always want to fix something... Take me for example.. I am re-foing some gel on my boat and starting a stroker motor for next year..

Devilman
02-01-2006, 11:21 AM
I can walk on the deck of my boat and not worry about scratches in the gel. The kids can get sandy feet on the seats, and it's no big deal. If it get's rained on at the lake... oh well... it'll clean up, in about 20 minutes vs spending hours detailing new gel.
Beaters are neater.
That is exactly right. No heart attacks here, when I bump the pier or beach it in a less than desirable spot.... :cool:

460 jus getn it
02-01-2006, 11:26 AM
Aren't you on the boards at Trans-AmJacket.com??:D
this post is worth less with out pics........................... :D :D :D :D :D

Devilman
02-01-2006, 11:33 AM
this post is worth less with out pics........................... :D :D :D :D :D
LMAO! Aren't there some floating around somewhere??

460 jus getn it
02-01-2006, 11:38 AM
LMAO! Aren't there some floating around somewhere??there was...but its gonzo.................

Bradf
02-01-2006, 11:43 AM
Count me in.... :D
As much as I would like to have a new 23' boat... I have as much fun with my old Eliminator, and no payment. :D
Beaters are neater.
Hey cool i got an old eliminator too. Got any pics?!

BigBlockBaja
02-01-2006, 12:12 PM
They are alot of us low to medium range boaters. If you've noticed Just Jets is the second largest forum next to the Sandbar. If you take away all the drama threads and Beaumont crap we'd be the largest. You could call this web site JETBOAT.COM :crossx:
I started all this jetboat stuff back when www.realjetboats.com was around. I wish we could have that back. That was great.

Wally_Gator
02-01-2006, 12:18 PM
I started all this jetboat stuff back when www.realjetboats.com was around. I wish we could have that back. That was great.
That was a great site. I came in around the end of it's life.. No b.s jsut good people helping there.

Sleek-Jet
02-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Hey cool i got an old eliminator too. Got any pics?!
These were taken by the previous owner.
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10975&stc=1
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10976&stc=1
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10977&stc=1

IMPATIENT 1
02-01-2006, 12:34 PM
That was a great site. I came in around the end of it's life.. No b.s jsut good people helping there.
if you'll notice the bullshiat doesn't make it over here into jets section.we jetters aren't into all that drama shiat and my bling is bigger than yours stuff either. this is the best site for info ,bar none and the knowledge i've gain from from this section is invaluable!!

Wally_Gator
02-01-2006, 12:41 PM
if you'll notice the bullshiat doesn't make it over here into jets section.we jetters aren't into all that drama shiat and my bling is bigger than yours stuff either. this is the best site for info ,bar none and the knowledge i've gain from from this section is invaluable!!
Compared to some other sites. The drama does flow in here from time to time.
Still one hell of a bunch of good people here...

SHIFTY
02-01-2006, 12:45 PM
Compared to some other sites. The drama does flow in here from time to time.
Still one hell of a bunch of good people here...
THANKS.

Bradf
02-01-2006, 01:01 PM
whoa thats a biggie! The only other eliminator ive seen at the river was a 80'sish (i think) picklefork that was owned by some race guy named shoemaker

SHIFTY
02-01-2006, 01:03 PM
whoa thats a biggie! The only other eliminator ive seen at the river was a 80'sish (i think) picklefork that was owned by some race guy named shoemaker
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91387

Sleek-Jet
02-01-2006, 01:07 PM
There is a few of us here on the board that have the cruiser hull... it's a really nice ride compared to a smaller boat. Not as fast though. :rollside:

Squirtcha?
02-01-2006, 01:31 PM
Proud to say........I hung out on RJB from it's inception and clean through the falling, then the reincarnation, and ultimately it's second ending.
I'll have to give MikeC a call and let him know he's not forgotten.
http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/data/500/19rjb.jpg

BigBlockBaja
02-01-2006, 02:07 PM
Proud to say........I hung out on RJB from it's inception and clean through the falling, then the reincarnation, and ultimately it's second ending.
Dan, thats where I talked to you first was over there, i think.
Oh, and getting back to "Medium Range Boaters", If I had the money, do you think I would be doing this today? Im going to be sneezing fiberglass for days...
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/7540/projects379pf.jpg

Wally_Gator
02-01-2006, 02:13 PM
http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/data/500/19rjb.jpg
Are you talking about the time it was offline for months and came back? I was around then.... LONG time ago..

BUSBY
02-01-2006, 02:29 PM
lots of eliminators out there ... 1970's thru 1980's ... a lot of different styles as well ... what year is yours?
Here is my old 1973 ... sorry so small
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/23581.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/2358boat.JPG

Cas
02-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Lots of spin-offs of the original rjb board. Come to think of it, other than Hot Boat, most of the other boards are spin-offs in 1 way or another. I know the LBBA kind of got it's start on rjb, the first time I mentioned getting together with a bunch of NorCal jetters was there.
Sure wish I had saved a lot of the info that was on that board. The ride plate thread is the first to come to mind....excellent info for us low budget builders.

Squirtcha?
02-01-2006, 02:34 PM
The RJB site was brand spanking new when I first got my jet, nearly 10
years ago now. I found MikeC and the RJB on a search as did many
others. To the best of my recollection, it went something like this......
The site was running along fine for about 4-5 years or so. During that
time it had crashed a few times due some server problems, but nothing
that lasted too terribly long. When it really went down, it was probably
close to a year long deal. About that time banderlog got it's start and a
lot of the gang from RJB migrated over there when they realized it
wouldn't be back up any time soon. Some of the rest of us moved over
here or divided time between the two. I had already registered here back
in 2000, but this place was like the wild wild west back then. I'd pop in
from time to time. Catch a couple people making death threats to each
other, then go back to banderlog (a nice peaceful message board).
MikeC brought RJB back for about a year or so, then got out of it
altogether. I actually moderated for him after the reincarnation
(although that bunch didn't really need moderating). Most of my emails
were regarding login problems which seemed to happen pretty frequently.
Fortunately this place has calmed down (credit due to Rexone and
Hammerdown I think) and although there are a few riffs here n there,
it's much improved over what it used to be.
Steve, remember Norcal ***boats (http://www.norcal***boats.com) and the infamous Dougthejeweler?
Wonder what ever happened with that? I found a link on FoMoCo's
page FoMoCo's pages (http://home.ix.netcom.com/~turbofmc/index.html) but it's a deadend.

SmokinLowriderSS
02-01-2006, 03:11 PM
I found RJB about 2 years or so ago, and loved the site, the people, and was sad to have it quit showing up in my browser. Kept trying it off & on for 6 mos or so before deleting the favorite and walking away.

Cas
02-01-2006, 03:29 PM
here, you can keep again...just in case
http://www.realjetboats.com/cgi/yabb/YaBB.pl
that's the address to the message boards :D
hmmmm, just got an idea....back in a bit

BigBlockBaja
02-01-2006, 03:31 PM
here, you can keep again...just in case
http://www.realjetboats.com/cgi/yabb/YaBB.pl
that's the address to the message boards :D
hmmmm, just got an idea....back in a bit
Thats a YABB board url... They are easy to run. I could have that running in an hour..

Cas
02-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Dan,
Yep, I remember the ole NorCal Hot Boats site, some very interesting times :D
I just went and did a search on a few of the more obscure search engines, sometimes they keep web pages and message board pages in their cache. Nothing came up for the old rjb site though.
I did keep some good threads from the original Banderlog board when it was hopping with good info. Here's the links
Setting back a pump (http://p210.ezboard.com/fclassic***boatsfrm7.showMessage?topicID=19.topic)
Original Jet Boat Designs (http://p210.ezboard.com/fclassic***boatsfrm7.showMessage?topicID=18.topic)
lots of good info on those threads too. Oh yea, I still have one of the Torque v Horsepower threads saved somewhere also :D
Baja,
The Yabb site wasn't the one Mike was having troubles with, if my memory serves me right. The original message board went down due to a flood where the server was, lost everything.

RCB19
02-01-2006, 04:58 PM
lots of eliminators out there ... 1970's thru 1980's ... a lot of different styles as well ... what year is yours?
Hey Busby, What kind of numbers did that rig put up at the track?? Just curious.

bradbigsley
02-01-2006, 05:10 PM
hey busby, did you used to live in fullerton. i think thats the boat i saw stripped down with only the pump left.. nice boat..

BUSBY
02-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Hey Busby, What kind of numbers did that rig put up at the track?? Just curious.
well ... it never made it after it was repainted blue ... but I was doing mid 120's before flipping it, resetting the pump, redoing the bottom again (had hook), etc ... kinda hairy before the mods ... never finished after them ... would have liked to see what it would have done afterwards. Still sitting in my brother-in-law's garage unfinished.

BUSBY
02-01-2006, 09:30 PM
hey busby, did you used to live in fullerton. i think thats the boat i saw stripped down with only the pump left.. nice boat..
yeah ... we lived off of Olive, near Nicholas J.H. while we were revamping a rent house ... it's the same boat!

SHIFTY
02-01-2006, 09:32 PM
MID 120's :eek:
WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF THE WORKING CLASS, WHAT ARE YOU RUNNING?

Bradf
02-01-2006, 09:34 PM
Oh yea mines a 72. I had a thread w/ some pics... here:
Pics of my boat (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103125&highlight=72+eliminator)

BigBlockBaja
02-01-2006, 09:40 PM
Oh yea mines a 72. I had a thread w/ some pics... here:
Pics of my boat (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103125&highlight=72+eliminator)
Still got your stripper pole?

RCB19
02-01-2006, 09:43 PM
well ... it never made it after it was repainted blue ... but I was doing mid 120's before flipping it, resetting the pump, redoing the bottom again (had hook), etc ... kinda hairy before the mods ... never finished after them ... would have liked to see what it would have done afterwards. Still sitting in my brother-in-law's garage unfinished.
Very respectable Dr. Busby! Very respectable! Especially for an old skool V. :2purples:

BUSBY
02-01-2006, 09:45 PM
Very respectable Dr. Busby! Very respectable! Especially for an old skool V. :2purples:
why thank you ... thank you very much
(said in my best Elvis voice)

Bradf
02-01-2006, 09:53 PM
Still got your stripper pole?
Hahah yea still has the stripper pole on it. The pole is the entire cover plate for the water pump deal... think im going to leave it till next year haha

bradbigsley
02-02-2006, 04:19 PM
yeah ... we lived off of Olive, near Nicholas J.H. while we were revamping a rent house ... it's the same boat!
darn it, i shouldve stopped by. im only 10 houses down across from the fields.. wow, what a small world..

1slowboat
02-02-2006, 04:33 PM
i'm not rich by any means either, been working on my boat for over 2 years now, hope to have it on the water soon!!!
I have 3 kids and the boat seems to be the last to see any money :cry: still a (medium) boat too