PDA

View Full Version : Taxes

ULTRA26 # 1
02-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Just curious. How many middle classers are paying more taxes this year than last?

eliminatedsprinter
02-22-2007, 10:10 PM
I will find out in a couple of weeks when we get them done. Bush's tax cuts have saved us a bunch these last couple of years. This will be our first full tax year with our mortgage, but this year my wife made some money that has not yet been taxed. We will have to see how it all works out.

ULTRA26 # 1
02-22-2007, 10:39 PM
I will find out in a couple of weeks when we get them done. Bush's tax cuts have saved us a bunch these last couple of years. This will be our first full tax year with our mortgage, but this year my wife made some money that has not yet been taxed. We will have to see how it all works out.
Full mortgage year will help.
Thanks
JM

eliminatedsprinter
03-06-2007, 10:39 PM
Got them done today, despite the above mentioned previously untaxed earnigs it was still better than last year.:D Just like every year since 2002 has been for us. :D
Since you seem to be looking for info on the Bush tax cuts (from your comment on another thread). Let me say this. I have what for So Cal is a lower middle class income. In early 05 while with our tax preparer. After she told us we would be paying to the state, but our federal return would be pretty good, I jokingly said "I guess it's a good thing we had Bush's tax cuts". She said, do you want to know how good? I said, sure. She then calculated what my federal taxes would be without them and then she showed us how much we would be paying, instead of getting our nice return. As it turned out, that tax return gave us the money we needed to have enough (added to what we had saved for a couple of years) to have enough to make closing costs for our home. I can say that without those tax cuts I would not own my home now. I am a federal employee and I am maxed out at my pay grade. I have been able to see the effects of the President's "tax cuts for the rich" both in my take home pay and in my tax retrurns. As a person who works at a job that requires a minimum of 6 years of college and makes about as much as a school teacher, I can say that I get pretty PO'd when I hear stupid idealogs mindlessly parrot that phoney "tax cuts for the rich" line. Because, they have helped my family a lot and I am far from rich. Even if our family income is in the the upper quartile nation wide (what looney leftists call rich) it is far from rich here in So Cal, esp in the San Fernando Valley, where we moved here to Lancaster from 1 year and 10 mos ago.

ULTRA26 # 1
03-06-2007, 11:27 PM
Got them done today, despite the above mentioned previously untaxed earnigs it was still better than last year.:D Just like every year since 2002 has been for us. :D
Since you seem to be looking for info on the Bush tax cuts (from your comment on another thread). Let me say this. I have what for So Cal is a lower middle class income. In early 05 while with our tax preparer. After she told us we would be paying to the state, but our federal return would be pretty good, I jokingly said "I guess it's a good thing we had Bush's tax cuts". She said, do you want to know how good? I said, sure. She then calculated what my federal taxes would be without them and then she showed us how much we would be paying, instead of getting our nice return. As it turned out, that tax return gave us the money we needed to have enough (added to what we had saved for a couple of years) to have enough to make closing costs for our home. I can say that without those tax cuts I would not own my home now. I am a federal employee and I am maxed out at my pay grade. I have been able to see the effects of the President's "tax cuts for the rich" both in my take home pay and in my tax retrurns. As a person who works at a job that requires a minimum of 6 years of college and makes about as much as a school teacher, I can say that I get pretty PO'd when I hear stupid idealogs mindlessly parrot that phoney "tax cuts for the rich" line. Because, they have helped my family a lot and I am far from rich. Even if our family income is in the the upper quartile nation wide (what looney leftists call rich) it is far from rich here in So Cal, esp in the San Fernando Valley, where we moved here to Lancaster from 1 year and 10 mos ago.
Hey that great news.
I asked the question due a friend complaining about a change in the law that reduced is child dependent deduction. He has a 17 y/o daughter in high school. My friend is a Republican who hates taxes, and he was pissed.
Thanks
John M

eliminatedsprinter
03-06-2007, 11:36 PM
Hey that great news.
I asked the question due a friend complaining about a change in the law that reduced is child dependent deduction. He has a 17 y/o daughter in high school. My friend is a Republican who hates taxes, and he was pissed.
Thanks
John M
It is true they have been weakend and I am PO'd that the Republicians did not make them permanent while they controlled both Houses of Congress and the White House.

Pismo
03-07-2007, 06:46 AM
Taxes are going up for EVERYONE guaranteed so enjoy the lower rates while you can.....

eliminatedsprinter
03-07-2007, 11:01 PM
Taxes are going up for EVERYONE guaranteed so enjoy the lower rates while you can.....
Agreed, with the Democrats running both houses of congress, if we get a Democrat in the white house look out. Better hold onto your wallets..:eek:

RICHARD TILL
03-07-2007, 11:47 PM
the next elected public official who proposes a tax increase for any reason needs a bullet. enough is enough.

Moneypitt
03-08-2007, 08:29 AM
the next elected public official who proposes a tax increase for any reason needs a bullet. enough is enough.
Easy there trigger, or you may just have a swat team at your door sooner than you expect.........Idle comments are not seen as they use to be seen........MP

Poster X
03-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Does Homeland Security still have a land line? :D
If you can't afford to pay taxes and maintain your standard of living that's a personal issue. Not one for the government.

Arkansas
03-08-2007, 05:10 PM
no complaints here....my second child deduction will help out even more this year.... WAR Red states...

eliminatedsprinter
03-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Easy there trigger, or you may just have a swat team at your door sooner than you expect.
Or worse than that, you might get an IRS audit if the next President is a Dem...;)
P.S. So far this year, the avg federal tax return is about $100 more this year, than last year.:D

RICHARD TILL
03-11-2007, 07:06 PM
O.K. I`ll tone it down a bit. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! :mad: When are people going to revolt? :idea: :confused: