PDA

View Full Version : Guilty till proven innocent

All-Star
02-23-2007, 09:11 AM
What is this world coming to?
I get a call last night asking if I can pick up my friends husband and take him to get his truck.
It turns out that his wife just got arrested!... For what? Hitting a baby? WTF?!! No way!:eek: :confused:
Turns out that she had been baby sitting a 7 month old in order to help out the young couple. Her kids are all in school and she is a stay at home mom and so she has the time and ability to help them out. Well the 15 year old mom calls and accuses her of hitting the baby because there is a light blue dot on the side of her leg the size of a pea.
She had no idea what they were talking about and so she went over to their house to look at the baby to see what they were indicating and that is when the cops were standing there and took her away. No questions asked.
This is not in this girls nature at all. In fact she has the patience of more then anyone I know. She had dealt with an Autistic son for 5+ years and has learned to deal with the stresses. What could a baby do to warrent this? She has never had a problem with anyone or any child before.
But it is this 15 year old mothers word against hers. She has not watched the baby for a week prior to this, and the one day that she does, now a bruise shows. If I recall, doesnt it take a day or two for bruises to show up?
What is to say that the car seat clip didnt poke the baby wrong when the 15 year old mother was putting her in there. This woman has teen age kids and has never had a problem. I am glad that the young mom is trying to watch out for her baby, but to not even discuss it with her and just accuse her is so strange.
I am just totally in shock. I do not know what to think.

Jordy
02-23-2007, 09:14 AM
That baby should have listened the first time!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :D
In all seriousness though, that sucks. CPS is the same way. Had a buddy who's daredevil of a son pulled a digger of the coffee table. Ended up at the emergency room, CPS ends up at the house to investigate. Couldn't come up with anything to indicate anything other than an accidental fall, so the CPS agent tells him that he may have gotten away with it this time but they're watching him and will get him next time. Nice attitude. :notam:

Biglue
02-23-2007, 09:30 AM
Amazing that CPS would put take the input from the 15 YEAR OLD MOM over a more experienced ADULT MOTHER.
CPS does not mess around man. Then again you can't blame them. It's got to be a shitty job.

All-Star
02-23-2007, 09:32 AM
Well I just found out some other info...
The grandmother (Julie) of the baby has always had a love hate relationship with my friend (Pat). And tried to pull this type of thing with her in the past, like 6 years ago. And then again 3 years ago.
The mode of opperation is that (Pat) will be the nice person that she is and then babysit for a period of time. And they never pay her. Then when Pat asked to get paid, then they make up some excuse why she does not deserve to get paid. (Stupid on Pats part for allowing this to keep happening. But she always wants to forgive and forget) blah blah blah
6 years ago, baby sitting Julie's twin 8 year old boys. Julie owes her $300.00 and when asked when she will pay, then she says that she is not going to because the boys said that they did not like the way she kept putting them in time out.
Then 3 years ago with Julies boyfriends daughter, she said that she was not going to be bring her back because each others daughters kept playing to rough with eachother. After she stiffed her for $280.00 (Mind you that the daughter she was referring to is the mellowest kid in the world) duh.
Then this happens.... the 15 year old mom owes her $175 right now. And she just asked for some type of payment yesterday.
Stupid for Pat to have people like this in her life. And to allow them to treat her this way.
Pat never wanted anything in life but to be the best mother in the world.
I am in shock. But I am also TRYING to be open minded and realistic. I just cant see it being true. :(

Jbb
02-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Stupid for Pat to have people like this in her life. And to allow thm to treat her this way.
(
Bingo!

All-Star
02-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Amazing that CPS would put take the input from the 15 YEAR OLD MOM over a more experienced ADULT MOTHER.
CPS does not mess around man. Then again you can't blame them. It's got to be a shitty job.
Yeah... I agree. I know that they are just doing their job. The innocent baby comes first. But I would think that the police officer would be able to rationalize about the bruise and how long it really takes to show up.
Heck the young mom could have picked up the baby real quickly and her finger could have left the mark, just by the way she grabbed her.
I guess I will be the good listening ear, and just play the waiting game to see what happens.

Ziggy
02-23-2007, 09:40 AM
Shame on them once. Shame on her twice, trice, quadruple..........should have learned there are dishonest people in this world that continue to expose the naive.
Sorry to hear that she is dealing with this serious issue, hopefully it gets cleared up and she forever shuns these womens overtures.

DaddyMack
02-23-2007, 09:44 AM
Don't forget filing false claims with CPS is a crime too...

topless
02-23-2007, 09:44 AM
That totally sucks. I don't even know where to begin on this subject. I had a child care provider threaten to accuse me of the same thing if I testified in court against her for hitting the kids. My daughter who was 3 1/2 at the time and I both witnessed it. She told the DA that if I testified she would accuse me and she did but she didn't have a leg to stand on because her witnesses in court were young moms of children who couldn't even talk yet. Needless to say, she lost her license. Child abuse sucks but to be wronglly accused sucks too.

ratso
02-23-2007, 09:47 AM
...but the person that a false claim is against, whatever the claim, is still out of the money. I'm sure in this case she is gonna be out a few G's no matter what.

Biglue
02-23-2007, 09:53 AM
Yeah... I agree. I know that they are just doing their job. The innocent baby comes first. But I would think that the police officer would be able to rationalize about the bruise and how long it really takes to show up.
Heck the young mom could have picked up the baby real quickly and her finger could have left the mark, just by the way she grabbed her.
I guess I will be the good listening ear, and just play the waiting game to see what happens.
Hope your friend pulls through this OK. It sounds like she is a nice person and willing to help those in need but I think she needs to stay away from other people's children from now on. It's a shame the good folks are the ones to get burnt.
As for the 15 year old, she has a lot learn as a parent still. Hopefully karma won't get to her ass with her baby.
That totally sucks. I don't even know where to begin on this subject. I had a child care provider threaten to accuse me of the same thing if I testified in court against her for hitting the kids. My daughter who was 3 1/2 at the time and I both witnessed it. She told the DA that if I testified she would accuse me and she did but she didn't have a leg to stand on because her witnesses in court were young moms of children who couldn't even talk yet. Needless to say, she lost her license. Child abuse sucks but to be wronglly accused sucks too.
Maybe it's just me but I think I would be the one facing charges if someone tried to play my children against me like that. I guess with some people, nothing is sacred. :mad:

Ziggy
02-23-2007, 10:04 AM
As for the 15 year old, she has a lot learn as a parent still. Hopefully karma won't get to her ass with her baby.
Lou, she's learned by example......she's almost not to blame. Point at the 15 yr olds mom. It's apparent she's not a nurturing mother if her 15 yr old has a baby already.

Biglue
02-23-2007, 10:06 AM
Lou, she's learned by example......she's almost not to blame. Point at the 15 yr olds mom. It's apparent she's not a nurturing mother if her 15 yr old has a baby already.
You're right Zig. Such a shame the sitter got wrapped in that mess.

Baja Big Dog
02-23-2007, 10:07 AM
Bingo!
Double Bingo...Bingo

topless
02-23-2007, 10:08 AM
Lou, she's learned by example......she's almost not to blame. Point at the 15 yr olds mom. It's apparent she's not a nurturing mother if her 15 yr old has a baby already.She has learned by example.

superdave013
02-23-2007, 10:10 AM
that right there folks is why the wife and I don't watch anyone's kids.

Baja Big Dog
02-23-2007, 10:11 AM
Only one real problem here....the kid.....what a future for the inocent!!
Three words for the 15 years old.
....................A ... DOPT ... ION................

C-2
02-23-2007, 10:34 AM
That's what I was wondering about too.
--------------
Man, I really feel bad for your friend. Out of compassion (which often times outweighs common sense), you try and help somebody out repeatedly, and bam, the POS does this to her.
Karma, yes. But it's still not gonna erase all the BS your friend has to go thru.
Hmmmm, I wonder if this is ocvered under Homeowners? I have a $1M liability umbrella, and it covers assault/battery (yeah, weird huh).
Hang in there.

All-Star
02-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Another reason why she was trying to help them out (The young couple) is because the father of the baby is in the military. So what do they do, they call him up and stress him all out. There is nothing he can do about it, being so far away and all. So now he is not going to be thinking straight and he is going to get himself hurt. (I hope not, but that is what happens when you are not thinking straight)....:(
Stupid hastey decisions that were made.:mad:
I guess some people are addicted to drama.:confused:
I know I am over it.

topless
02-23-2007, 10:48 AM
Another reason why she was trying to help them out (The young couple) is because the father of the baby is in the military. So what do they do, they call him up and stress him all out. There is nothing he can do about it, being so far away and all. So now he is not going to be thinking straight and he is going to get himself hurt. (I hope not, but that is what happens when you are not thinking straight)....:(
Stupid hastey decisions that were made.:mad:
I guess some people are addicted to drama.:confused:
I know I am over it.So he married a 15 year old? Hmmmmmmmm

All-Star
02-23-2007, 10:57 AM
So he married a 15 year old? Hmmmmmmmm
Yeah...
Can we say Trailer trash?????:devil:
I only met them once.
I was told that she was 17 (She looks 18) then when I asked her why she didnt drive, she slipped up and said that she was not old enough. Then I pressed the mother and she admitted that she is 15. They started dating at 13 she got pregnant at 14 and had the kid at 15. He is just 19 right now. So I am thinking that they got married or joined the military so that someone would not go to jail for statutory rape or something.
Yeah the more I hear the more Jerry Springer this situation sounds.
I think I need to go take a shower just from hearing all of this garbage.

topless
02-23-2007, 11:04 AM
Yeah...
Can we say Trailer trash?????:devil:
I think I need to go take a shower just from hearing all of this garbage.That right there is funny!!!! LOL

speedneeder
02-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Keep in mind that because she was arrested does not mean the DA will file charges or that it will cost her anything. I would hold off on an attorney until she knows if the DA will pursue this matter.

HM
02-23-2007, 11:18 AM
You ever heard the saying "Happens to me once, shame on them. Happens to me twice, shame on me."
This saying has never been understood by women. :D
Translation: stay the phuck away from those people.

Old Texan
02-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Your friend Pat hopefully will get through this ordeal. She also needs to realize you can't "help" a lot of the idiots in today's world especially the "Trailer Trash" type that have absolutely no common sense nor moral conscience.
The cops in this case also should have enough common sense to consider the source of the accusation. Rather than arresting Pat it would have been far more prudent to turn the whole thing over to CPS to investigate. A pea sized bruise isn't abnormal on children of any age. Falling on a toy can cause a bruise. And it sure the hellisn't justification to arrest someone with out an investigation.
Call Denny Crane, she needs a shyster lawyer.:devil:

Baja Big Dog
02-23-2007, 12:34 PM
So he married a 15 year old? Hmmmmmmmm
Christ...do the math, 7 month old baby, I think that means he was punchin a 14 year old!!!!
What law does that break????
Oh wait, maybe its his sister, Ill let you know in a minute, Im gettin Springer on the tube right now!

Longtime Lurker
02-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Was CPS involved? In Los Angeles county, a social worker probably would not have gone out.

Moneypitt
02-23-2007, 01:18 PM
So, the police didn't see it happen, right? That almost always leads to a citizens arrest..........And citizens can be sued for false arrest.....Not to mention all the other BS involved with this. She needs a lawyer, but not a criminal lawyer, a civil lawyer. Sue the shit out of the girl and her mother. Who knows maybe the mother's trailer is worth moving to the river?........MP

ADDICTED
02-23-2007, 01:59 PM
By hearing one side of the story and basing my opinion on that side this is abolutely BS. The bruise could easily of been there from simply grabbing the babys legs and changing the diaper. It is ashame that your friend is having to go through this. One could only imagine what must be running through her and her husbands head.
Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

All-Star
02-23-2007, 02:58 PM
Ok so I got more info.
The mother of the baby is ok and not pressing Charges. But Julie the Grandmother is the one pressing the issue.
The Officer last night asked her (Julie) why she had so much hate in her voice towards Pat. And asked her if she had explored all options.
The one of Julies friends called me and told me her side of the story and was calling BS on her story. I also just found out that the baby has a digestive health problem and I feel that this could easily cause her diet to be defecient in iron for example. That might explain the bruise. I then found out that they never asked anyone else any questions, only Pat.
Pat has since talked to the 15 year old mother and she said that if it goes to court, she will go and testify for her.
So things are looking better. But I told Pat to cut these people out of her life. Kiss a little butt right now until this ordeal is behind her and then run like the wind!!!!
I wanted to thank everyone for their kind words and good points. I will keep you posted.