PDA

View Full Version : Please God, If I Ever>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Not So Fast
02-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Drive like the snowbirds do (90%) then send a lightning bolt down and strike me dead. They complain that people say they drive bad but it is a reputation WELL DESERVED. And they are so inventive with their manuevers and total lack of whats going on around them, simply amazing. I knew when we lived in So. OC that it was time to be cautious around Siezure World and I could be OK with that but in Havasu they are everywhere!! Cant wait for the heat and the exodus of the fifth wheels. NSF

Jyruiz
02-23-2007, 12:15 PM
What are you talking about, you drive slower than them..............in your golfcart that is.:D

Mrs.Racer277
02-23-2007, 12:16 PM
Drive like the snowbirds do (90%) then send a lightning bolt down and strike me dead. They complain that people say they drive bad but it is a reputation WELL DESERVED. And they are so inventive with their manuevers and total lack of whats going on around them, simply amazing. I knew when we lived in So. OC that it was time to be cautious around Siezure World and I could be OK with that but in Havasu they are everywhere!! Cant wait for the heat and the exodus of the fifth wheels. NSF
LMAO I feel your pain.....And why does a 4 way stop sign confuse them so???:confused: :confused: :mad:

Tom Brown
02-23-2007, 12:19 PM
About fifteen years ago, my parents were returning from a winter vacation in the southern US. They are older people who enjoy the warm climate of the southern US.
They had their boat in tow and on the way home, the boat rolled onto it's edge while still on the trailer. It skidded down the highway a couple of hundred feet before coming to a stop.
There are a few versions of the story floating around. Some asshole driver cut them off and my Dad had to swerve and slam the brakes to avoid him, causing the boat to flip. There is another version of the story that I find interesting. It goes closer to the lines of my Dad dozing off, coming to and doing the swerve/brake maneuver with nobody in the close vicinity and no reason to do anything particularly abrupt. The later version tends to only be shared when my Dad isn't around and my Mom is in a bad mood. :D

2Driver
02-23-2007, 12:31 PM
why does a 4 way stop sign confuse them so???:confused: :confused: :mad:
I think they are so polite they just keep letting the next guy go and mess up the order of things.
You would think at that stage in life they would always be in a hurry. :D

SummitKarl
02-23-2007, 12:40 PM
Bobby here is how to have fun with them.
most SB's love to hug the curb, you know half in the driving lane half in the parking lane:rolleyes:
get a couple of blocks ahead of them and park/stop right there in that half way point they are driving in:devil: .......they have no idea what to do, they certiantly won't move left to pass:rolleyes: , sat in my truck LMAO one day:D

Jyruiz
02-23-2007, 12:44 PM
Bobby here is how to have fun with them.
most SB's love to hug the curb, you know half in the driving lane half in the parking lane:rolleyes:
get a couple of blocks ahead of them and park/stop right there in that half way point they are driving in:devil: .......they have no idea what to do, they certiantly won't move left to pass:rolleyes: , sat in my truck LMAO one day:D
Thats messed up, but funny as hell.

HocusPocus
02-23-2007, 02:56 PM
my wifes dad will be 66 soon.. which i don't consider very old. however he is still the worst driver i have ever seen and i refuse to ever ride with him. he loves to pull out right in front of on coming traffic and then creep along. never stops at signs or signals when making a right hand turn. he has owned a boat of one kind or another since he was 19 and drove big rigs as an owner operator in his younger days but now everytime he is towing a trailer he is always up on curbs. now the part that drives me insane is when he is in my truck he sits there and gives me "pointers" :mad:

SummitKarl
02-23-2007, 02:58 PM
Thats messed up, but funny as hell.
saw you the other week filling up at Terribles,,, couldn't pull over to say hello tho:(

Throttle
02-23-2007, 02:58 PM
was that you NSF passin me in my golf cart yellin at me today.... I am not a snowbird...:D

Jyruiz
02-23-2007, 03:03 PM
saw you the other week filling up at Terribles,,, couldn't pull over to say hello tho:(
Thats cool, traffic was kind of busy Saturday morning. I will be back up there in a couple of weeks to install my new windows, I will call you to see what is going on during the night. I can't work all day and night.:D

Throttle
02-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Thats cool, traffic was kind of busy Saturday morning. I will be back up there in a couple of weeks to install my new windows, I will call you to see what is going on during the night. I can't work all day and night.:D
nite life, in havi.... well if we cant find any.... we can make some!

SummitKarl
02-23-2007, 03:38 PM
sounds good I think thats my last free weekend for a while, every flipin car club in town booked me to DJ/MC all the upcoming shows. 3/10, 3/17, 3/24, 3/31, 4/14:rolleyes:

Not So Fast
02-23-2007, 03:47 PM
my wifes dad will be 66 soon.. which i don't consider very old. however he is still the worst driver i have ever seen and i refuse to ever ride with him. he loves to pull out right in front of on coming traffic and then creep along. never stops at signs or signals when making a right hand turn. he has owned a boat of one kind or another since he was 19 and drove big rigs as an owner operator in his younger days but now everytime he is towing a trailer he is always up on curbs. now the part that drives me insane is when he is in my truck he sits there and gives me "pointers" :mad:
Hey, I gotta admit I'm 65 but I sure as hell dont drive like these snowbirds. They cant park worth a crap so going to Walfart is dangerous territory if you value your auto and yes the 4 way stop is a great mystery, they just sit there and sit there??????? U turns with a fifth wheel in tow, NO PROBLEMO, right on LHB:confused: Gotta love'em IT'S RAINING!!!!!!! NSF

Mrs.Racer277
02-23-2007, 05:31 PM
Hey, I gotta admit I'm 65 but I sure as hell dont drive like these snowbirds. They cant park worth a crap so going to Walfart is dangerous territory if you value your auto and yes the 4 way stop is a great mystery, they just sit there and sit there??????? U turns with a fifth wheel in tow, NO PROBLEMO, right on LHB:confused: Gotta love'em IT'S RAINING!!!!!!! NSF
I actually feel safer IN the car....I have almost gotten hit numerous time in the grocery store and walmart parking lot walking... Scary stuff I tell ya.

SummitKarl
02-23-2007, 05:42 PM
I actually feel safer IN the car....I have almost gotten hit numerous time in the grocery store and walmart parking lot walking... Scary stuff I tell ya.
did you just admit to shopping at Walmart:jawdrop: :D
Pixi will be so proud:D :D