PDA

View Full Version : Tommy's Burger in LaHabra?? Was this your hang out in HS??

RVRGIRL
02-23-2007, 04:50 PM
We used to hang out all the time a Tommy's... I was dating a guy that was in the "bug club". That was one of our meeting spots..
Sure miss the chili fries.. They were Yummy.........

AZJD
02-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Dos Gringos in Anaheim! Right across the street from campus! Top notch security! Oh yeah did I mention we only went there during school hours.
Wednesday nightr cruise night Carls Jr!!!!

slowinhavasu
02-23-2007, 04:59 PM
We used to hang out all the time a Tommy's... I was dating a guy that was in the "bug club". That was one of our meeting spots..
Sure miss the chili fries.. They were Yummy.........
Which VW club?????

Mrs.Racer277
02-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Camelot :)

SummerBreeze
02-23-2007, 05:26 PM
The place back in the day was "DENO'S" on Chapman Ave. in O.C.
El Modena H.S.

BoatPI
02-23-2007, 05:27 PM
When I went to LHHS the only Tommys was in LA. My hang out was at the Burger-Q or at the A and W with the car hops across from the HS on Whittier Blvd...Now that I dated myself. And yes we could squeeze 2 guys into our trunk at the LH Drive In.

RVRGIRL
02-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Which VW club?????
ohhhh gosh. I can't remember the name of the vw club. It's been almost 20 years...:confused: :rolleyes: :(
I just was dating a guy Curtis Chifo and then another guy Dale sometime after that.....

Coach
02-23-2007, 07:33 PM
We hung at Tommy's some times but at In-N-Out on Lambert after party's were broken up most of the time. Both had some great grub!!

OCMerrill
02-23-2007, 07:40 PM
What about Angelo's on St. College? Hung there quite a bit even though I was from Brea.
We never really stopped when we went up to cruise Whitter Blvd.
I had a Big Block El Camino and we picked as many races as we could.
Fun times.
Hey at least we have a "Where were you when?" :D :D :D

AZJD
02-23-2007, 07:49 PM
Which VW club?????
69' Cali style w/1835 dual delarto 45's..........It was a mustang killer.

yopengo
02-23-2007, 07:52 PM
Pedro’s in Tucson
Shakey’s in college (bunch a lunch and boat races) :D :crossx:

Baja Big Dog
02-23-2007, 09:02 PM
When I went to LHHS the only Tommys was in LA. My hang out was at the Burger-Q or at the A and W with the car hops across from the HS on Whittier Blvd...Now that I dated myself. And yes we could squeeze 2 guys into our trunk at the LH Drive In.
Drive by's at Bob's Big Boy......before the cops broke it up.

BoatPI
02-24-2007, 07:58 AM
Yes Whittier Blvd. was the place to be. I attended to grand event weekly driving by Bob's and parking at the House of Pies (Flies) across the street. Some of the best cars hit the street in Whittier.

don johnson
02-24-2007, 08:18 AM
What about Angelo's on St. College? Hung there quite a bit even though I was from Brea.
Fun times.
Spent many a night at Angelos and Whittier Blvd looking for street races. Had a pretty fast big block Fairlane at the time.

ULTRA26 # 1
02-24-2007, 09:16 AM
Beverly and Rampart. It was the only Tommy's back then. Our spot was the A&W on Hawthorne BL.
John M

funnycarmike
02-24-2007, 09:40 AM
Ah yes, Whittier Blvd. was cool! My V.W. club used to meet at Scooters in Anaheim, I think it was on Brookhurst. I belonged to D.K.K. "Der Kleiner Kampfwagons" (The Little War Cars). My ride was a '59 7 color custom paint, full cage, 2180cc with Weber 48 I.D.A.'s. Man, I miss that car! Good Times:)

Liquid Life
02-24-2007, 09:58 AM
We used to hang out at Tommy's in Van Nuys across the street from Anheuser Bush (Bush Gardens back in the day). It was cool to stop there, no matter what time of day or night, you could always hook up with someone you knew.

All-Star
02-24-2007, 07:17 PM
Camelot :)
We used to go to Camelot All the time......
That is where I met my husband.
:D

All-Star
02-24-2007, 07:19 PM
Fun times.
My husband was there all of the time. He used to street race and pick up on chick there. He used to drive a 1968 Chevelle. Long hair guy... In a band and allof that stuff.

All-Star
02-24-2007, 07:45 PM
As far as the VW's growing up for me...
Johnny's Speed and Chrome on Beach Blvd. Buena Park, CA :)

DesertDog
02-24-2007, 08:21 PM
Ah yes, Whittier Blvd. was cool! My V.W. club used to meet at Scooters in Anaheim, I think it was on Brookhurst. I belonged to D.K.K. "Der Kleiner Kampfwagons" (The Little War Cars). My ride was a '59 7 color custom paint, full cage, 2180cc with Weber 48 I.D.A.'s. Man, I miss that car! Good Times:)
Different club,but the VW club I was in was caled Der Kleiner VW's.We met at Wendys on Whittier Blvd.I grew up cruizing the Blvd. every weekend.