PDA

View Full Version : When are the Hydro and circle Boat Races at Lake Hopatcong NJ?

DansBlown73Nordic
09-14-2002, 03:48 PM
Im just wondering if anybody knows the deal on the races this year? I can't find any info.

DansBlown73Nordic
09-16-2002, 01:54 PM
I guess nobody has a clue? :confused: :confused:

126driver
09-16-2002, 03:07 PM
Is it an APBA event? Check out http://www.apba-racing.com/cgi-bin/RaceSchedule.php
Scott
[ September 16, 2002, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: 126driver ]

FlatRacer
09-17-2002, 06:52 PM
Heard from the grapevine that Hopatcong is history. Don't remember the reason. So is Greenwood Lake, defunct for the last three years.
So, for that matter is Red Bank. 60+ yrs. of tradition down the tubes. Your best bet to see circle races this year would be Wildwood, NJ. I don't know the date (I stopped going if I'm not running).
I also heard Raleigh, NC is dead as a race site. New homes were built on Lake Wheeler, and the homeowners assoc. decided that having a race once a year was too much of a annoyance, so they asked the Jaycees or the Rotary, or who ever the charity was, to explore other fund raising options. They found that a one day golf tournament would raise twice as much money as the race weekend did. So, out with boat races and in with golf. F*%KING PUSSIES, all of them!
APBA's always crying about how we should be more like NASCAR. Well, then do what NASCAR did. Buy up some land, build some tracks with big huge friggin' fences and charge admission! A seven year old lemonade stand enterprenuer could tell you that. Until that happens, boat racing will never be a "professional" sport.
By the way, you'd better catch flatbottom circle racing while you can. The axe falls in '04 when the capsule rule kills the sport. :rolleyes:
Do I sound bitter???
I am. :p
Eric