PDA

View Full Version : how to download videos from say youtube

hickz3
02-24-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm looking for a way to download a video clip and convert the file to an mp3 file. Anyone got any ideas?
The file is not on YouTube but I thought I had seen a thread on something similar to this a while ago. It's actually a live rehearsal version of a song that a friend of mine needs.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trailer Park Casanova
02-24-2007, 01:14 PM
Here ya go:
http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=56100&topic=10517

Racey
02-24-2007, 01:32 PM
What format is the video in to begin with? AVI, WMV, Quicktime??

ULTRA26 # 1
02-24-2007, 01:37 PM
I'm looking for a way to download a video clip and convert the file to an mp3 file. Anyone got any ideas?
The file is not on YouTube but I thought I had seen a thread on something similar to this a while ago. It's actually a live rehearsal version of a song that a friend of mine needs.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Generally, these types of files cannot be saved by command. However, they are downloaded to a temp internet file folder, when viewing. Its a little tricky finding this type of file. If you want me to provide some rather lengthy instructions, let me know and I will post them.
John M

hickz3
02-24-2007, 02:34 PM
ultra26, either post the instructions or PM them to me please

dumbandyoung
02-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Generally, these types of files cannot be saved by command. However, they are downloaded to a temp internet file folder, when viewing. Its a little tricky finding this type of file. If you want me to provide some rather lengthy instructions, let me know and I will post them.
John M
please do

Infomaniac
02-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Message the person that posted it and ask them to send it to you.
DUH !!
Or copy the URL or the imbeded string. It's ion the page of every video.

G-Body
02-24-2007, 10:56 PM
please do
X2

C-2
02-24-2007, 11:48 PM
They are nixing videos over there pretty aggressively. They are catching heat from who else, the recording industry.
I've been blown away by some of the music vids on there. Good stuff.
I haven't had time to play with these...seemed like too much work. Post your results if you do it:
http://1024k.de/bookmarklets/video-bookmarklets.html