PDA

View Full Version : Who Hooo! I got it back.

eliminatedsprinter
02-24-2007, 07:20 PM
Just got the boat back from John's Custom Marine (Stoker). Talk about a good first impression. Al came out and took the heads off my motor and Dx'd most of what was wrong with it, right in front of me, as he explained to me what he was doing. For the first time since my rebuild it is now putting out proper power. Not only are they the first to dyno it and properly recognize it's problems (rebuilt with regular heads rather than the proper high compression XP heads etc) but he put it back to spec and did all the annual servicing for a better price than the less competant folks I have been using ever did anything for.:D :D Plus he had it ready for me to pick up 24 hrs after I brought it in:D Now I am looking forward to the season. :D
Thanks Al...

Trailer Park Casanova
02-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Good to read, sounds like you'll be good to go when the thaw finally hits,,,

shueman
02-24-2007, 07:53 PM
Good service builds goodwill, and MORE business...:cool:

RitcheyRch
02-24-2007, 09:37 PM
Good to hear he got you all sorted out.

raff
02-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Just got the boat back from John's Custom Marine (Stoker). Talk about a good first impression. Al came out and took the heads off my motor and Dx'd most of what was wrong with it, right in front of me, as he explained to me what he was doing. For the first time since my rebuild it is now putting out proper power. Not only are they the first to dyno it and properly recognize it's problems (rebuilt with regular heads rather than the proper high compression XP heads etc) but he put it back to spec and did all the annual servicing for a better price than the less competant folks I have been using ever did anything for.:D :D Plus he had it ready for me to pick up 24 hrs after I brought it in:D Now I am looking forward to the season. :D
Thanks Al...
Good to hear.. So when are we taking it out.

a catered life
02-24-2007, 10:25 PM
Thanks Al...
didnt know it was running bad.:confused: ...its always good to have a trusting mechanic

eliminatedsprinter
02-25-2007, 12:33 AM
didnt know it was running bad.:confused: ...its always good to have a trusting mechanic
It's been running, but it's been much slower than it was before the rebuild.

eliminatedsprinter
02-25-2007, 12:40 AM
Good to hear.. So when are we talking it out.
Juan and I were tempted to stop by Castaic for a spin on the way home with it today, but we were in long pants, and didn't bring any boating gear. Besides, that lake doesn't allow any fun on it and we would want to do a few speed runs.
There have been rumors of a BV trip later in march.;)

raff
02-25-2007, 06:48 AM
There have been rumors of a BV trip later in march.;)
That should be fun, but we will have to miss that one have a Havasu trip planed for March.:D

GOTTBoat
02-25-2007, 11:35 AM
If he does not tell you whats wrong while you are there dropping it off, you will usually get a call before you get home. I have never had anything but great/honest service there. Now, if I could only get him to do some porting this summer would be better.

SoCal_fun
02-25-2007, 11:58 AM
That should be fun, but we will have to that one have a Havasu trip planed for March.:D
Mark,
My boat is getting it's 100 hour service right now, so I should be ready. What days are you guys going? If I'm off work, maybe me and LJ will come up with the camper.

raff
02-25-2007, 12:03 PM
Mark,
My boat is getting it's 100 hour service right now, so I should be ready. What days are you guys going? If I'm off work, maybe me and LJ will come up with the camper.
Was thinking of going the weekend of my B-day March :D 23rd -25th. Leave Friday after work and come home on Sunday.

a catered life
02-25-2007, 03:33 PM
That should be fun, but we will have to that one have a Havasu trip planed for March.:D
have to what?:D

raff
02-25-2007, 05:45 PM
have to what?:D
MISS:D

eliminatedsprinter
02-25-2007, 07:37 PM
I've been looking more for a local trip. BV is a better place to speed test it and I'm not really looking for a long tow until the Moabi trip in april.

SoCal_fun
02-25-2007, 09:49 PM
MISS:D
Miss Who?? What'd I miss?? Was something missing?? :confused:
I'm lost. j/k.

a catered life
02-26-2007, 02:13 AM
I'm lost. j/k.
its ok young jedi being lost is part of the overall game in life:D

SoCal_fun
02-26-2007, 04:36 PM
its ok young jedi being lost is part of the overall game in life:D
Oh, Ok. I'm in good shape then. :)

raff
02-26-2007, 04:54 PM
I'm lost. j/k.
You missed nothing, he's just busting my balls:rolleyes:
Btw you back to work yet? how you feeling? Let me know when your up for some dinner..:idea:

FORMER RAIDERETTE MRS ELIMINATED SPRINTER
02-27-2007, 06:09 AM
Btw you back to work yet? how you feeling? Let me know when your up for some dinner..:idea:
Yeah what mark said Larry I hope you are feeling better tell Marrina I said hello and the kids miss you guys

SoCal_fun
02-27-2007, 01:00 PM
Thanks guys! Quick thread jack, yeah, I'm back at work, doing better.
I'm itching to go do something, boating or riding. I know I keep saying that, but my mind has been feeling better than my body, but I think I'm better now, really, LOL! :rolleyes:
Dinner sounds good, have to do that soon. :)

a catered life
03-05-2007, 07:33 AM
just call me the old ball buster:D
yo so cal when your ready lets make those dinner plans...that will be a great reason to have raff drive up and get everyone together...you pick the place and please dont pick the same place that others (jbr's real name will be kept a secert to protect him ;) ) always take us too that serves hotwings and fries:D and really cold beer

raff
03-05-2007, 08:09 AM
just call me the old ball buster:D
yo so cal when your ready lets make those dinner plans...that will be a great reason to have raff drive up and get everyone together...you pick the place and please dont pick the same place that others (jbr's real name will be kept a secert to protect him ;) ) always take us too that serves hotwings and fries:D and really cold beer
Hows about this Saturday? I'm free and will make the drive. If not this Saturday then it will have to be on the 31st. Going to the boat races on the 17 and Havasu for my B-Day on the weekend of the 23rd.:idea:
Give me a call and let me know what works for you guys..
Mark out

LUVNLIFE
03-05-2007, 07:04 PM
I've been looking more for a local trip. BV is a better place to speed test it and I'm not really looking for a long tow until the Moabi trip in april.
SPEED TEST!!!!!!:2purples: Are you crazy Steve. You have to break that thing in first:idea: Let's see:confused: Last time it was 5 mins at 2000rpm then 10 mins at 3500rpm. Or was it the other way around:confused: Oh well, then 30mins at 1000rpm not breaking plane but breaking wind was alright. Then you went counterclockwise for two minutes but then had to unwind the motor by going clockwise for three minutes. The longer duration is because of the special rotation of the motor. :jawdrop: Then one short speed blast followed by letting it idle for three hours. Then one more short speed blast followed with a two day cool down period. After a slow warmup then the drive it like you stole it until it gets the operating temp then idle it the rest of the weekend:D Sounds like you are good to go:messedup: :D

raff
03-05-2007, 07:20 PM
ROFLMAO:D :D
NO NO you got it wrong, its counter clockwise WITH THE BILGE PUMP on dummy:idea:

Desert Rat
03-05-2007, 08:05 PM
And after all that make a cake or a milk shake or something:eek: :D

raff
03-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Did some one say shake.. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM;)

HalletDave
03-07-2007, 05:13 PM
I'm happy for you "Whacker Boy" Gentlemen, start your blenders.:D