PDA

View Full Version : Sloppy ass people who work on cars!

dmontzsta
02-25-2007, 06:32 PM
I HATE THEM!
This is one reason I always work on my own stuff.
My wife took my (week old 07 F150) to the dealer to have an alarm put in (this was included in the price). Today I go to get in and notice there is a panel missing around the hood latch under the dash, then I look up at the corner of the dash and there is a 2"-3" scuff of yellow on the grey dash!, I look at the kick panel and there is a scratch in the paint and wire clippings all on the carpet. I intend on going down there first thing in the morning and showing them this, I just hope they do not try and back out of it, if so there is going to be a fight.
I take pride in having a new truck and there is not ONE scuff or mark on the entire truck, now they do the alarm and there is this shit! The damn truck is 1 week old.
Do you think they will fix this stuff?

shockwaveharry
02-25-2007, 06:37 PM
If your advisor doesn't, the service manager should! There is no excuse for that kind of careless workmanship. A good shop will apologise and fix the issues for you. You, in turn, should leave happy knowing that the dealer stepped up to the plate and took care of you because they value your buisness. Hopefully it was an isolated incident and it won't happen again.
If they give you shit, give them hell.

dmontzsta
02-25-2007, 06:49 PM
If your advisor doesn't, the service manager should! There is no excuse for that kind of careless workmanship. A good shop will apologise and fix the issues for you. You, in turn, should leave happy knowing that the dealer stepped up to the plate and took care of you because they value your buisness. Hopefully it was an isolated incident and it won't happen again.
If they give you shit, give them hell.
I hear you, usually I am pretty nice and not to pushy. But I am DEEPLY pissed about this. I go over my truck everyday, since I have owned it (1 week) and there is not a scuff or a mark on the damn thing, then they get ahold of it and it is missing a panel, there is a scuff on the dash and a scratch on the kickplate with wire scraps on the floor, I am going to make them vacumm it too!

mouzer
02-25-2007, 06:59 PM
After seeing that picture of you at Irvine lake in the v-drive section .i would be scared of ya too!!:D :D :D :D

dmontzsta
02-25-2007, 07:35 PM
After seeing that picture of you at Irvine lake in the v-drive section .i would be scared of ya too!!:D :D :D :D
I am harmless, that pic was a little weird. I turned around and Jerry had the camera in my face and SNAP! :)
this has absolutely nothing to do with the lakers, after a win today ?????????????? :confused: come on, don't lose your gritt !!! :devil: ;) d-no
Great to get 2 in a row, that is for sure...I forgot about it while I was watching the game, but I am pissed again. :)

Rattle Can Lou
02-25-2007, 08:07 PM
D. Jerry snapped my pic like that too. I just smiled and grabbed my Frank and Beans and it looks a lot better then yours. I'm old, grey and fat and I don't look like I just came from "a meeting", if ya know what I mean...

dmontzsta
02-25-2007, 08:10 PM
D. Jerry snapped my pic like that too. I just smiled and grabbed my Frank and Beans and it looks a lot better then yours. I'm old, grey and fat and I don't look like I just came from "a meeting", if ya know what I mean...
lol. You love it! I am suprised you didn't pull down your pants to expose your thong.
Good meeting you, too bad it was a quick passing.

Flyinbowtie
02-25-2007, 08:12 PM
It is just wrong that the truck was damaged like this in the first place.
It demonstrates a complete lack of respect for your property by the very people who sold it to you, who know well the cost of such an item, and it's intrinsic importance to you.
It is wrong that the service advisor either;
a) Didn't catch the damage when he cleared the truck to return it to you, or;
b) Did catch it, and didn't give a damn about it, which gets back to that respect thing.
I'd be there first thing in the morning too, and I wouldn't be talking just to the S.A., the GM would be on the carpet, too. This is completely unacceptable.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
02-25-2007, 08:14 PM
Hey Donald, maybe its time you started working on your own shit. Damn yuppie:D

dmontzsta
02-25-2007, 08:15 PM
If I knew how to install the alarm to work with the keyless entry, I would be all over it! :D

scooooter7
02-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Sorry to hear about this....it stinks. I bet the dealer wasn't the one who installed the alarm though. Probably some outside company came in to do it and just did their regular job.

dmontzsta
02-25-2007, 08:58 PM
Does this sound like something the dealer should cover?

robk
02-25-2007, 09:06 PM
If it's a Karr system PM me, I might be able to help.
Rob

lil man wayne
02-25-2007, 09:29 PM
Jerry he needs to get the 20s first.Hes off to a good start though with a new truck.He was cruisin oc in style yesterday.

dmontzsta
02-25-2007, 09:30 PM
Jerry he needs to get the 20s first.Hes off to a good start though with a new truck.He was cruisin oc in style yesterday.
The truck was at the dealer yesterday, getting ****ed up!

Focker
02-25-2007, 09:38 PM
Sounds Like Shadows Work :d

76ANTHONY
02-25-2007, 09:48 PM
The truck was at the dealer yesterday, getting ****ed up!
just a suggestion, but if you go in there mad, it will do nothing but get more stuff focked up. i have been a service advisor for 12 years, this is not a good approach to you situation, heres what you do to get it fixed quick and correct. ask the service manger to come and look at your vehicle, be nice, then ask him when you can bring it in to get repaired, see if he needs to order the parts and make an appointment, he will bend over backwards because someones not chewin his azz.
in this business you get more bees with honey, trust me.
if you need anything after that pm me and i will call them for you
scott:D

dmontzsta
02-25-2007, 09:52 PM
just a suggestion, but if you go in there mad, it will do nothing but get more stuff focked up. i have been a service advisor for 12 years, this is not a good approach to you situation, heres what you do to get it fixed quick and correct. ask the service manger to come and look at your vehicle, be nice, then ask him when you can bring it in to get repaired, see if he needs to order the parts and make an appointment, he will bend over backwards because someones not chewin his azz.
in this business you get more bees with honey, trust me.
if you need anything after that pm me and i will call them for you
scott:D
really? thats awesome of you. What dealership do you work for?

76ANTHONY
02-25-2007, 09:55 PM
honda of the desert in cathedral city. it makes the service manager realllll happy when you dont go in pissed, tell him your a working stiff and you know what its like to get in a hurry sometimes and things happen, he will even detail it for you, i bet money on it:D

Misogynist
02-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Wow... one week old and the truck has already lost it's virginity.... I work on cars.... you don't want to know the headaches other mechanics leave behind that I have to fix. I don't work on new cars. About the newest car in my shop right now is a 63 e-type Jag. Most mechanics don't know how to work on them... they didn't when they were new. So I see 40 years or more of butchery on just about everything that rolls through the door. I've got a '54 Austin Healey in for some mechanical work. F--king mechanics don't know that most of the nuts and bolts on the car aren't inch... and they aren't metric.... they are WHITWORTH. So you get these weird thread pitches like 1/4 x 26 instead of 1/4 x 28.... Then you have 5/16x 20 and other strange pitches... Oh... and the angle of the thread isn't 60 degree... it's 58... Can you guess how many bolt holes on the engines that are stripped? Can you guess how much stuff is wired improperly because the cars were "positive earth"? I'd love to only have to deal with a scuffed dash and a few wire cuttings on the floor.

76ANTHONY
02-25-2007, 10:31 PM
Wow... one week old and the truck has already lost it's virginity.... I work on cars.... you don't want to know the headaches other mechanics leave behind that I have to fix. I don't work on new cars. About the newest car in my shop right now is a 63 e-type Jag. Most mechanics don't know how to work on them... they didn't when they were new. So I see 40 years or more of butchery on just about everything that rolls through the door. I've got a '54 Austin Healey in for some mechanical work. F--king mechanics don't know that most of the nuts and bolts on the car aren't inch... and they aren't metric.... they are WHITWORTH. So you get these weird thread pitches like 1/4 x 26 instead of 1/4 x 28.... Then you have 5/16x 20 and other strange pitches... Oh... and the angle of the thread isn't 60 degree... it's 58... Can you guess how many bolt holes on the engines that are stripped? Can you guess how much stuff is wired improperly because the cars were "positive earth"? I'd love to only have to deal with a scuffed dash and a few wire cuttings on the floor.
dam i bet your toolbox is filled with special tools, thats some wierd shiat there, good someone knows how to work on them....

V-DRIVE VIDEO
02-26-2007, 07:36 AM
Start out nice Don but remember, this is the dealer's problem. You made paid them good money for a service and they have an obligation to stand by the work even if they farmed it out.
If they give you any static, raise hell and make sure everyone within a square block knows you got f@#ked.... works everytime!
This is also a small claims slam dunk.

dmontzsta
02-26-2007, 09:51 AM
I went down there and did not have to argue. I showed the service manager and he apologized, he called his guy over to put the new panel on that was left off. He then asked me to bring the truck back tomorrow and he would have a guy fill and buff the scratch on the kick panel. He said I really would not want to have it re-sprayed cause you wouldnt want to crack the clearcoat/paint for a minor scratch, so they can fill and buff to make it not noticeable. The scuffing on the dash he is going to have the dash guy buff it and try and get rid of the yellow extension chord paint, if it is not sufficient enough, they will have to replace that panel.
Good job by Ford in keeping their customers happy.
I guess having a shaved head works for you sometimes! :D

Misogynist
02-26-2007, 09:54 AM
dam i bet your toolbox is filled with special tools, thats some wierd shiat there, good someone knows how to work on them....
Yeah... I've got lots of weird tools. Weird taps and dies... Weird pullers.... Plus a lot of tools that I've had to make.