lewiville
01-31-2006, 06:19 PM
its going on now

lewiville
01-31-2006, 06:20 PM
it looks like he just got done crying :rolleyes:

MagicMtnDan
01-31-2006, 06:30 PM
I'm hoping he'll tell Iran that if they don't prove that they've stopped working on making nukes that we reserve the right to first strike them and turn their sand covered country into the world's largest sheet of tempered glass. :mad:

cxr133
01-31-2006, 06:39 PM
I'm hoping he'll tell Iran that if they don't prove that they've stopped working on making nukes that we reserve the right to first strike them and turn their sand covered country into the world's largest sheet of tempered glass. :mad:
yeah right.. but he did push the PATRIOT ACT on the american people

lewiville
01-31-2006, 06:40 PM
thats some funny shiat MMD
I wounder if Intel has thought of that?

Heater
01-31-2006, 06:41 PM
Isreal will beat us to it!

MagicMtnDan
01-31-2006, 06:51 PM
yeah right.. but he did push the PATRIOT ACT on the american people
Lemme guess - while you think you stand up straight you really "lean to the left" correct?
You wouldn't want this country to be protected from another terrorist attack would you?
And just how many friends or family members did you lose on 9/11? :mad:

lewiville
01-31-2006, 06:53 PM
one word "strateegery"

cxr133
01-31-2006, 06:57 PM
Lemme guess - while you think you stand up straight you really "lean to the left" correct?
You wouldn't want this country to be protected from another terrorist attack would you?
And just how many friends or family members did you lose on 9/11? :mad:
wait a minute here...... dont get me wrong i voted for this guy.
i think there are ways to fight terrorist/terrorism without taking away AMERICANS freedoms, i get pissed off that i almost have to get strip searched to fly on a plane nowadays. Are you telling me if i use the words Allah or Osama Bin Laden in a telephone conversation that i could be investigated and taken away for so called questioning. This does not sound like a FREE COUNTRY to me ..sounds like the beginning of communism

dmontzsta
01-31-2006, 06:59 PM
I dont want to hear that shit.
Just lower the gas prices and leave me alone.

lewiville
01-31-2006, 07:01 PM
got that right!!!!!!
especialy since I drive a V10.................. :mad:

cxr133
01-31-2006, 07:04 PM
got that right!!!!!!
especialy since I drive a V10.................. :mad:
CLEAN EMISSION NUCLEAR POWERED JETBOAT :220v:

lewiville
01-31-2006, 07:05 PM
what happened to the protest lady. the one who lost her son to the war. cnn said that she was supposed to be there? maybe she walked out?

cxr133
01-31-2006, 07:11 PM
what happened to the protest lady. the one who lost her son to the war. cnn said that she was supposed to be there? maybe she walked out?
check yahoo.. she got arrested causing a commotion!!!

HammerDown
01-31-2006, 07:21 PM
bla,bla,blablabla...bla,bla and bla. Thank you, the President.

Heater
01-31-2006, 07:22 PM
Arrested, She needs to go away or go to Iraq with her little sign and see how it goes over there

Heater
01-31-2006, 07:30 PM
i think there are ways to fight terrorist/terrorism without taking away AMERICANS freedoms, i get pissed off that i almost have to get strip searched to fly on a plane nowadays. Are you telling me if i use the words Allah or Osama Bin Laden in a telephone conversation that i could be investigated and taken away for so called questioning. This does not sound like a FREE COUNTRY to me ..sounds like the beginning of communism
Your freedom to talk to your family or any other civilized person has not been takin away...your freedom to talk to a known terrorist has.....I challenge all to educate themselves on the issue instead of taking potshots at a man that is trying to keep you alive....This is no school yard game, these people will kill you and your whole family without batting an eye.....Tap away NSA!!!

Heater
01-31-2006, 07:31 PM
Call Exxon Customer Service and see if they have any extra cash laying around..

lewiville
01-31-2006, 08:02 PM
check yahoo.. she got arrested causing a commotion!!!
sweet :)

Brooski
01-31-2006, 08:11 PM
I was watching the speech, but I got tired of them giving him a standing ovation for every little thing he said. There were a couple of things that deserved it, but not every issue he talked about. Definitely was a show.

spectratoad
01-31-2006, 08:14 PM
Your freedom to talk to your family or any other civilized person has not been takin away...your freedom to talk to a known terrorist has.....I challenge all to educate themselves on the issue instead of taking potshots at a man that is trying to keep you alive....This is no school yard game, these people will kill you and your whole family without batting an eye.....Tap away NSA!!!
Thank you. Nuff said. :)

HammerDown
01-31-2006, 08:17 PM
feel free to move to another country,maybe they can do a better job to you and your familey alive :cool:
Love the Country, just something about fat cat politicians.

Ultrafied
01-31-2006, 08:27 PM
Wow ... its hard for me to understand how easy it is for so many to give up some of their freedom. I understand the fear of terrorism, but personally, I would rather die a free man then give up any of my freedom to a government agency for protection. Just my thoughts, not to start an argument. :D

cxr133
01-31-2006, 08:36 PM
Wow ... its hard for me to understand how easy it is for so many to give up some of their freedom. I understand the fear of terrorism, but personally, I would rather die a free man then give up any of my freedom to a government agency for protection. Just my thoughts, not to start an argument. :D
well stated .... thats what i was trying to say

Rexone
01-31-2006, 08:48 PM
I dunno, give up a little freedom or give the guys that share the values of those in the video below a chance to attack and spread their evil here in our homeland.... not a tough choice for me.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103979
(Warning, do not watch these videos if you have a weak stomach or just prefer to keep your head in the sand as to how these terrorists spread their way of life given an opportunity. And these videos are of them dealing with their own people, not westerners which they really hate)
You can be overly paranoid of our government IMO (and I'm aware that many are). But given the choice of trusting our gov. or not and risking these terrorists here in the U.S. to me the decision is a no brainer. The cost of freedom has never been free throughout history and won't be in today's world either.

Ultrafied
01-31-2006, 09:26 PM
Yes, the cost of freedom has never been free. It's been paid for with a lot of blood and sacrifice to keep what we have. And we are say to them who have already paid the price... it's a different world now, thank you for your sacrifice, but we will give some of our freedom back.
As for the video goes, it was the actions of a dictator in his country who is now being tried in a court for acts against humanity. Shocking, yes. But it validates why I would rather not start giving any of my freedom back, nor my sons nor my granddaughters.
It's not paranoia. Please don't confuse my belief with fear. Keeping freedom can be hard. Getting it back can be definitely harder. I respect your views, it just suprises me how many feel the same way.

WetWillie
01-31-2006, 09:51 PM
I would rather be searched the way we are to feel safer in the skys. To me its a VERY little inconvience for that extra safety...
If your talking on your phone and and you have nothing to hide what do you care if someone is listening?? There are billions of pone calls made in the US everyday. What makes you think they want to listen to yours? What makes you think we have not been listened to for years?? Why even worry about it unless your a terrorist??
Seems like just a reason to argue to me. I think they have done a pretty good job of protecting us here. You know damn well that if they could they would have hit us again since 911/

Rexone
01-31-2006, 10:04 PM
As for the video goes, it was the actions of a dictator in his country who is now being tried in a court for acts against humanity.
My point by citing these videos as example is that the views and values of Saddams extremists are no different that the views and values of Al Quida or other extremists towards the US (extremists that have made it known they wish to attack and have already attacked us). I firmly belive that these others (who are not on trial for acts against humanity) would have little problem inflicting these values on US citizens given the opportunity. If giving up a small degree of freedom means even the possible preventing of this opportunity from occuring then to me giving the goverment the ability to monitor possible terriorist communications is an easy choice. Those who think the gov has an ulterior motive to monitor the general population I feel are just overly paranoid. Hell the government can't even administer simple programs they have systems in place to administer half the time. And they certainly have their hands full here and around the world monitoring and staying one step ahead of terrorists. To tie their hands in this regard to me goes against common sense. Just my opinion.

Ultrafied
01-31-2006, 10:45 PM
If giving up a small degree of freedom
... my point exactly. I'm not ready to give any of it up. I bled for what I have. A terrorist can be searched and wire tapped now, with proper proof through our judicial system. This what our democracy was founded on, checks and balances.
It wasn't the lack of knowledge that was the root cause of 911, but rather the lack of coordination. Instead of giving up we have, why not fix how the process works. Once again the word paranoia comes into play. I will reiterate its not paranoia in my belief. Why should I give up my right to a lawful search, or my privacy because agencies can not coordinate information amongst themselves.
In comparison, our lively discussion of closing the Channel in Havasu down with no mooring. Why? Its easier in some minds to control a problem rather then support the laws they currently have. Shouldn't we be
giving up a small degree of freedom
to suppress terrorism here? Why? Its easier in some minds to control a problem rather then support the laws we currently have.
Anyway, too much talk on politics. This should probably be moved to the political forum. I'm out ... have a good one Rexone. I respect your opinion and it is well stated. I appreciate that. :D

cxr133
01-31-2006, 10:46 PM
why I would rather not start giving any of my freedom back, nor my sons nor my granddaughters.
It's not paranoia. Please don't confuse my belief with fear. Keeping freedom can be hard. Getting it back can be definitely harder.
:220v: :220v: :220v: Well said!!!
maybe this is a thread for the political forum :rolleyes:

dmontzsta
01-31-2006, 11:18 PM
I voted for Bush.
All Me and My fellow Americans would like is $2.15 a gallon for 91 octane, shit...make it happen.

river redy
02-01-2006, 05:56 AM
Just like every other politician he is a proffesional LIAR and since he dont have to worry about getting voted back into office its just a bunch of sh@t for the next idiot to try and fix!!!!! level IRAQ and get our troops back home

HammerDown
02-01-2006, 06:45 AM
Just like every other politician he is a proffesional LIAR and since he dont have to worry about getting voted back into office its just a bunch of sh@t for the next idiot to try and fix!!!!! level IRAQ and get our troops back home
Ya hit that nail square on its head. ;)

Old Texan
02-01-2006, 06:39 PM
To bad he didn't address the fact of exxon/mobil making a 32+ BILLION DOLLAR PROFIT !!!!!!!!! and gas prices are back on the rise, maybe the POOR OIL COMPANIES could build a few new refineries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OIL COMPANIES SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THIER CEO's.
32 billion was gross profit on about 336 billion in sales. This ranked Exxon-Mobile at 1 or 2 among Fortune 500's in sales. Profit Margin was around 8% which ranked them at 127 among Fortune 500's.
Cost of crude raising cost at pump inflated the numbers.
You want new refineries in the US, talk to your lib Dems and their greenie lobbyists.

Redwing247
02-01-2006, 10:26 PM
I was born and raised in a third world country, you sir... have no idea.

GHT
02-01-2006, 10:28 PM
BUSH KICKS ASS.... Finally a Pres. that kicks ass...

Rexone
02-01-2006, 10:34 PM
I was born and raised in a third world country, you sir... have no idea.
Well stated.

HCS
02-01-2006, 10:47 PM
:220v: :220v: :220v: Well said!!!
maybe this is a thread for the political forum :rolleyes:
What and the f-uck makes you think that.
REXONE, you better get some sleep!
I'm worried about you. Really! You need to retire. :chi:
Give it up.
You got to have better things to do. Like selling speedos? :boxed: