PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Crew cab Dually

SCR INC
02-26-2007, 09:48 AM
I want a red one with all the factory stuff, Tan int. Xm etc. No on star. Have 05 Dmax 18k on her , Lift welds . sunroof , etc etc etc.. Will trade in if the deal is fair.. How much and what the APR.. Ready to buy asap
Thanks....

Beer-30
02-26-2007, 09:53 AM
If you are wanting NEW body style and NEW motor, it will be at least April.
http://www.americancarfans.com/news/2061002.007/2061002.007.1M.jpg
If you want current body, current motor, ASAP.
GMC has better pics and better info on the new ones. http://www.gmc.com/sierra900/3500/index.jsp

SCR INC
02-26-2007, 10:06 AM
If you are wanting NEW body style and NEW motor, it will be at least April.
http://www.americancarfans.com/news/2061002.007/2061002.007.1M.jpg
If you want current body, current motor, ASAP.
GMC has better pics and better info on the new ones. http://www.gmc.com/sierra900/3500/index.jsp
What the hell.. Think i will wait for the new one. Any idea what they will go for. Whats the new motor. Any int pics..
Thanks
Scotty

Beer-30
02-26-2007, 11:18 AM
What the hell.. Think i will wait for the new one. Any idea what they will go for. Whats the new motor. Any int pics..
Thanks
Scotty
Exactly. If you bought an "old" body right now, it will lose twice the resale right off the bat.
Oh, I am waiting for a 2wd, cloth, DVD, NAV, Dmax, and I am fully expecting 45-48k. I would imagine 4wd and leather will push over 50k. It maybe less, but I always figure the high end.
New motor is 365hp, 660tq. All smog updated, so no future problems.
That link has lots of interior shots.

Schiada Time
02-26-2007, 11:40 AM
Want to sell that older crew cab? Miles, whats been serviced or replaced? that would look real good towing my red and white '22 Schiada.

SCR INC
02-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Want to sell that older crew cab? Miles, whats been serviced or replaced? that would look real good towing my red and white '22 Schiada.
If you are talking about mine its RED with tan cloth int. Sunroof , exhaust , Welds , 6inch lift , Edge juice mounted over head controller. Tint , Bed rug , all the power junk , Shows new. 18,500 miles or close to it. Used to and from Parker or Glamis. Really is waxed twice a month. No problems at all. Warranty work performed @ Power Chevy in Irvine. Bought new from same dealer... O yeah.. Painted and chromed door handles , Tail gate handle and a billet grill.. Xm Stereo.. Sorry iam sure iam forgetting things.. Let me know if you are serious and we can hook up.
Thanks
Scott

Schiada Time
02-26-2007, 12:24 PM
Was referring to Beer 30's older crew cab dually but what would you be looking for with your truck?

SCR INC
02-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Was referring to Beer 30's older crew cab dually but what would you be looking for with your truck?
Sorry! Iam @ 35k Firm.

Schiada Time
02-26-2007, 01:27 PM
I understand. I am the Editor at StreetTrucks magazine and know how much it costs to build/modify this stuff. Unfortunately my wallett can't go that far. I may just end up keeping my '99 Chevy 3/4-ton crew cab 2WD with a 7.5-inch lift, chrome welds on 35-inch Toyo's, Kodiak steps, cowl induction hood, gaylord tonneau, 4.56;1 ratio ring and pionion with True Trac limited slip, Line-X bedliner, headers, intake, full stereo with two tens, video etc. I have alwasy wanted a dually though. We shall see. Hopefully you sell yours.

Beer-30
02-26-2007, 01:54 PM
As soon as the new body is available, I will be getting a new one and then outfitting it for SEMA. I will keep my current on through that time, so I have something to pull the boat with. Near SEMA time, I will be looking to sell the '98.
WATERWITCH here on the board sent me a PM back in Sept, asking me to let them know when I was selling. They have first dibs. If they don't want it, I am sure someone will.
I am an animal when it comes to preventative maint. At 79,000 (mileage right now, today) I have already replaced the A/C compressor, dryer, lines, idler, tensioner - just so they don't go belly up. I have rebuilt the front end - bushings, ball joints, shocks, swaybar links - about 5,000 ago. Again, so they would not fail on a trip. I have changed the rear lube every 30K, instead of 100K. Tranny was flushed at 50K. Will do again if it hits 100 while I have it. Has been on Mobil-1 synthetic since 15K, changed every 5K - with a filter between. It just got a new window motor and door latches on the driver's side. New plugs and MSD wires. I put on new headlights, tail lights, cab lights and marker lights at about 60K, as they were looking dull.
Air-Lift air bags on rear, compressor, tank, control in glove box. BellTech 5" front (spindles and 2" springs, Toxic shocks) and 8" flip kit in rear (KYB) shocks.
K&N intake, Edelbrock headers, MSD wires. Complete dual catback 3" exh and dual 40-series Flowmasters. That's 3" pipe and one 3" in/out muffler, and one 3" tailpipe PER bank. The headers have 3" headpipes that feed into each of the two factory high-flow cats. The previously mentioned system starts on each cat.
Interior has no stock stereo pieces at all. The first week I had it, I pulled all the stock stuff out and put in all Eclipse / Fosgate. The head unit, EQ, doors, and high end amp is all Eclipse. The two 10s under the back seat and amp to run them are Fosgate. 1400 watts total. Nothing huge, just nice and clean. All door speakers are in stock locations, not visible.
I am about to put on a new fan-clutch, flush radiator, and new upper/lower rad hoses. Once again, just so nothing fails during boating season. It will get a new A/C blower motor also, as it has started making noise.
Just passed smog again, with flying colors. I kept the printout, as the numbers were so low - well below average.
That's the nutshell.

Schiada Time
02-26-2007, 05:10 PM
Beer 30- Thanks for the information. If the other party decides to pass I may be interested. I've always had lowered trucks up until a few years ago and the past two tow vehicles have been lifted. I am kind of looking to get back into something lowered and have always loved dually's. I do mostly local driving to and from work 7-8 miles and then trips to Lake Mead where I use my '22 Schiada. Ironically enough my boat is about 90% red with white trim and wood grain so it would go real well. If you do sell what kind of $$$ are you looking for?
Thanks

Beer-30
02-26-2007, 05:16 PM
Beer 30- If you do sell what kind of $$$ are you looking for?
Thanks
Not a matter of IF, but WHEN. I would have to look at KBB, and see what a stock one is going for. I will be right around KBB price. My guess, by then, will be around $11K, +/- 1000 or so.

Schiada Time
02-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Keep me posted. Does stereo go with it? Does it have an overhead monitor?

Beer-30
02-26-2007, 08:11 PM
Keep me posted. Does stereo go with it? Does it have an overhead monitor?
Yes, stereo goes with. No monitor or DVD.

77charger
02-27-2007, 02:22 PM
You going to get a 4wd this time scotty so you dont get stuck on the grass.:D :D

Beer-30
02-27-2007, 03:22 PM
Any int pics..
Thanks
Scotty
Here's a few: (GMC) All are either 2500HD or 3500HD dashes/interiors.
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/pictures/VEHICLE/2007/GMC/2007.gmc.sierra3500.20108835-E.jpg
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//pictures/VEHICLE/2007/GMC/2007.gmc.sierra2500hd.20105753-E.jpg
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//pictures/VEHICLE/2007/GMC/2007.gmc.sierra3500.20108836-E.jpg

Beer-30
02-27-2007, 03:27 PM
1. Body gaps have been closed to 5mm or less all around.
2. Cab to Bed gap closed from 56mm to 28mm. (1/2)
3. Interior dash pieces gaps closed to 1mm or less.
4. Factory DVD has DTS and Dolby decoding.
5. Rear seat folds down flat like SUVs.
6. Rear bumper backing assist sensors.
7. Tire pressure monitor is standard - except duallys (:( )

SCR INC
02-27-2007, 05:04 PM
Here's a few: (GMC) All are either 2500HD or 3500HD dashes/interiors.
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/pictures/VEHICLE/2007/GMC/2007.gmc.sierra3500.20108835-E.jpg
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//pictures/VEHICLE/2007/GMC/2007.gmc.sierra2500hd.20105753-E.jpg
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//pictures/VEHICLE/2007/GMC/2007.gmc.sierra3500.20108836-E.jpg
Thanks.. I will wait and order the Red with Tan leather. Looks nice on the inside. What is the difference in D-Max if any.. And the tranny?

Beer-30
02-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Dmax will be 365 hp (up 5), and 660 tq (up 10). Allison is same, as late, 6-speed.
I love the new interior. The outside, as usual, will get some work. Billet, color matching here and there.
The other thing I am looking forward to is having the latest model for the new SMOG stuff. Sure, it sucks, but at least I won't have to worry. There will be programmers and exhausts for it, I am not worried.

Schiada Time
02-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Beer 30- it seems like your truck has been meticulously maintained and serviced as well as kept detailed and such. What wheels and tires are you running and how is the condition of the rubber? does it have a rear pan with a hidden hitch? Obviously a 7.4L 454 Vortec? Did those trucks have the 4L80-E? I would like to get some pictures when you have time. Is the interior grey or tan, cloth or leather? Does it have a bedliner or carpet kit/tonneau cover? I would be interested in this truck if the other party passes. Looking for more pulling power and not having to lean into the throttle as much like I do with my crew cab small-block truck. I figure the mileage will be pretty much the same with the BBC as I am leaning yharder into the throttle now and turning a 35-inch tall tire and a 4.56 rear end gear. those Big-Blocks like to run at around 2000 rpm and hum along and just drink it down when you mash the pedal. Have you ever built a truck for SEMA before? As soon as you can get your new one you may want to start on it as the dealine creeps up fast. We built a truck at the magazine last year and I took a personal truck a few years back and getting there is the hardest part.

Outnumbered
02-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Get the GMC, that Chevy front end is FUGLY.

Phat Daddy
02-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Beer-30, can you explain more on the smog thing for the 07. I have not heard of anything different.
I'm also waiting for the new body style D-Max to come out so I just want to get all the facts first. Thanks

Schiada Time
02-28-2007, 05:07 PM
Beer 30- I ran the book on your truck with as much info as I knew and it spit out 11,965 for Excellent Condition, 11,180 for Good Condition and 10,175 for fair condition. from what I can see from the pics it is either Excellent or at the top of Good. I am going to do some homework in the Truck Trader and online and see what pops up but I do like the looks of yours. Keep me posted on when you are prepared to sell.
Schiada Time

Beer-30
02-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Beer-30, can you explain more on the smog thing for the 07. I have not heard of anything different.
I'm also waiting for the new body style D-Max to come out so I just want to get all the facts first. Thanks
Engine stuff:
A cleaner, more powerful Duramax 6.6L turbo-diesel engine is available. It continues to lead the segment in power and torque, with power ratings increased to 365 horsepower (272 kW) and 660 lb.-ft. of torque (895 Nm). Upgrades to the engine and a new diesel particulate filter system help provide a 90-percent reduction in particulate matter and a 50-percent reduction in NOx (compared with current standards), meeting a new federal government mandate. All diesel manufacturers are required to meet the new emissions standard, starting in calendar year 2007.

Beer-30
02-28-2007, 06:55 PM
Beer 30- I ran the book on your truck with as much info as I knew and it spit out 11,965 for Excellent Condition, 11,180 for Good Condition and 10,175 for fair condition. from what I can see from the pics it is either Excellent or at the top of Good. I am going to do some homework in the Truck Trader and online and see what pops up but I do like the looks of yours. Keep me posted on when you are prepared to sell.
Schiada Time
Yeah, I figured about 11K or so. We'll see by the time I am ready to sell.
It will not be priced in the Excellent category, due to some slight damage at the bottom-rear portion of the right front fender. I had a tire separation, and the 10-ply tread stayed attached. Swinging up at the bottom of the fender at 75 mph kinda "folded" the corner. You can't really see it all that well unless you look. It was minor enough for me that I would rather live with it than have a different colored fender. I am a stickler for paint, and I hate different shaded body parts. I was waiting for more damage to occur and would just put on a Cad/Denali front clip + whole repaint. No more damage has happened to justify it :mad: .
The paint is just starting to show beginning signs of being thin on the roof and edges of the dually fenders. Just barely. Not flaking or showing primer, just starting to get "hazy". Poor thing has not been garaged in it's life, although I have a cover for it and use that whenever we didn't take it on a vacation.
Your answers:
Rims are KMCs, standard 16x6 (4 alums, 2 inner steel). 225/75/16 10-plys all around. My family owns a tire shop, so I keep new rubber on it all the time. Never beyond about 50-60% tread. I stayed with the stock tire size, as the gearing works well, no speedo re-cal, and no rubbing issues.
Stock chrome rear bumper and Class4 hitch underneath (factory tow package equipment). I wired it standard 7-blade like all new trucks/trailers.
Yes, standard 7400 Vortec. 4L80E. Short of an Allison, I love that tranny. All TH400 parts. I have driven one over 150,000 in another truck and it still shifted like new. GM did a nice job on those.
Int is grey cloth. I am not a leather person :eek: . Too hot in summer, cold and stiff in winter. I have found cloth to be more "lake friendly". 60/40 bench with fold-down center section for console. I have always kept a towel on the console where my arm rests. I have always noticed the upholstery tends to wear out on that edge. We always seem to have 6 people to take, so it is nice having appropriate seating. No rips or frayed edges. Shampoo'd and cleaned regularly.
GM bedliner (black plastic). I just noticed it has cracked in a few places along the bottom of the front area.
No tonneau.
It gets almost 12 empty, freeway, 75-80, just shy of 3000 rpm, tailgate down. 80 is right about 2900. It gets 8.5 towing the boat to Havasu and back. Solid. Headwind/tailwind, it doesn't care. I drive 16 miles round trip to work, all surface streets. It gets about 9.5 if I never hit the highway. It gets better mileage than I expected.
Oh, and the paint is NOT worn off of the door pillars, either. Nothing urks me more than people putting their fingers on dirty paint and swinging a door shut as they leave a vehicle. I have always noticed that paint wears down to metal on the trailing door edges where people put their hands to close them. I have, therefore, made it a point to put my hands ONLY on the outside door handles to close the doors. I have asked passengers to do the same. Thereagain, I don't like to repaint sections, so I would rather be a dick and avoid it :D .
I'll get some pics up for ya.
No, I have never done a truck for SEMA. The place I am working with that does all my customizing has done 3 trucks every year for the past 5 or 6 years. They pretty much already have it placed, and I have been keeping in touch with them. Nobody sends parts until August or September, so I am looking at July-August delivery date.
Since I am getting a 2007/08 HD, I guess this isn't a thread-jack?

Schiada Time
02-28-2007, 07:50 PM
Beer 30- I am going to do some shopping and see what other duallies I come across but yours looks like what I am l am looking for. I am a little concerned about the paint issues you spoke of but it is nothing a good painter friend cannot address. The seating is right up my alley and the grey is good. The dually tires are load rated,yes? This is key in a dually carrying all that weight especially with a big block at the nose (heavvvvvvvvvyyyy). Which Eclipse unit is it. I had the Eclipse AVN 7000 in my truck and it got ripped off and has since been replaced with a Pioneer. Does the truck have an alarm and if so what kind? I see it has a painted smooth front bumper with the license plate box which is cool. Has the Trans ever been rebuilt? When was the last time the brakes were done as I am sure as you know these trucks like to eat pads due to the weight. Is the head unit just a CD player or does it have navigation etc.? If I buy it the truck would probably get a rollpan, hidden hitch, smooth Gaylord match painted tonneau and probably some 19-inch Brentz dually wheels with load rated toyo 19" tires. I do not recall if you had rear load bags but if not those would be added as well. Just need a good family river cruiser with good tunes and more power to tow my heavy pig. Please post pics when you have the time and thank you for answering all of my questions.

Beer-30
02-28-2007, 09:46 PM
I moved the info to a new post in the SPAM section. Not fair to keep posting "future sale" material in Anaheim Chevys section.

PHOTOGLOU
03-01-2007, 01:53 PM
I moved the info to a new post in the SPAM section. Not fair to keep posting "future sale" material in Anaheim Chevys section.
No problem..... Just if you get any calls on it and it looks like they might want a new truck...... Send them my way please... As I will do the same for you.... Jay 714 552 0300

Beer-30
03-01-2007, 03:15 PM
No problem..... Just if you get any calls on it and it looks like they might want a new truck...... Send them my way please... As I will do the same for you.... Jay 714 552 0300
You got it, brotha!

Phat Daddy
03-01-2007, 04:33 PM
Engine stuff:
Thanks for the info.

76ANTHONY
03-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the info.
baller, i could see you in a new truck bro, hook it up, then give me a ride in it, and dont forget the boat:D