PDA

View Full Version : Don't come to Anna empty handed

LynnsJet
02-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Bring you old cell phones, blackberries, chargers and accessories as a donation to the "Cell Phones for Soldiers" program. With the help of corporate sponsors, the donated phones are turned into telephone calling cards for the soldiers in Iraq.
Last year I placed some donation boxes around to collect the phones and there were a few exceptional people that gave me boxes of phones that netted a total of about 85 phones that were collected for this very worthwhile cause. I even got one bagphone, do you remember them?
Almost everyone has a cell phone or two laying around. Bring them along an give them to me. If you can't find me I am sure, Wetdream, Supersoaker, FatRat, Delaware Dave, Nitro would be glad to collect them for me.
It's a very worthy cause and one that requires very little effort for you to participate. If you want to donate cell phones and can't make it to Anna simply go to the website cellphonesforsoldiers.com They will tell you how to ship the phones and they will even pay for the shipping.
I want to again Thank everyone that helped last year and I hope that this year will be even more successful.
If you intend to bring phones, leave me a note here so I can be sure to find you.
Don't worry about the numbers stored in the phones since the phones are erased during the processing.

DelawareDave
02-26-2007, 10:19 AM
I even got one bagphone, do you remember them?
I don't remember them being called that, but I do remember them. Early 80's. That's not so long ago, was it? :rolleyes:

LynnsJet
02-26-2007, 11:25 AM
DD, you are old enough that you should remember "Bag Phones" but you are so old that you can't remember. LOL

DelawareDave
02-26-2007, 11:52 AM
DD, you are old enough that you should remember "Bag Phones" but you are so old that you can't remember. LOL
:rolleyes: Yes I do! The handset had the numbers on it, and the bag was to carry the rest of the phone, and the damn car battery to power it! The pot is callin the kettle black, again, I see!
:sqeyes: :sqeyes:

LynnsJet
02-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Getting old and forgetful is a bitch. I even forgot to mention Mike T when I listed the people that would good to give a phone to if you can't find me at Lake Anna. Basically any of the guys from the "Pax" see each other on a regular basis during the season would help pass phones around.
It is a good cause. Help if you can.

shirkey4750
02-26-2007, 06:15 PM
That bag phone was my wifes first cell phone, that had been in the closet for a number of years, so we put it in with a few more we had. Will have more this year.

Mrs.sleekcraft76
02-27-2007, 05:49 AM
Getting old and forgetful is a bitch. I even forgot to mention Mike T when I listed the people that would good to give a phone to if you can't find me at Lake Anna. Basically any of the guys from the "Pax" see each other on a regular basis during the season would help pass phones around.
It is a good cause. Help if you can.
What ever happen to that Tax ID number that you were going to get me last year? :D If you can get me that, I can get some cell phones to ya.
Let me know.

LynnsJet
02-27-2007, 09:17 AM
The Cell Phones for Soldiers program has Tax ID#02-1343425
As I said above, I can provide receipts for anyone that wants one. Just PM me your email address.
Your donations go to a very worthy cause and the best part of it is that it doesn't cost you anything.

Mrs.sleekcraft76
02-28-2007, 03:34 PM
The Cell Phones for Soldiers program has Tax ID#02-1343425
As I said above, I can provide receipts for anyone that wants one. Just PM me your email address.
Your donations go to a very worthy cause and the best part of it is that it doesn't cost you anything.
Thank you!!!

LynnsJet
03-27-2007, 09:31 AM
to gather up those old cell phones and accessories and get them ready to take to Lake Anna in June.
Only 73 days until Anna.

TaylorJet
03-27-2007, 10:34 AM
to gather up those old cell phones and accessories and get them ready to take to Lake Anna in June.
Only 73 days until Anna.
i'm taken up a collection from some of my freinds work places so i should have a good amount to give you. i will be in the pontoon boat this year, i am working on my jet but it won't be ready this year. i will have it for next year though. can't wait see everyone on the 9th :) :)

MizBubba
03-28-2007, 05:33 AM
Lynn - I'm not sure whether we'll make it to Anna this year, both me and my daughter are having knee issues.
If not, can we mail our donations to you???
Thanks!
Amy

LynnsJet
04-25-2007, 03:59 AM
Only 50 days to Lake Anna 2007
Time to start collecting those phones and acessories
Also time to get your act together with your boat. This coming weekend should put me very close to being "river ready"

LynnsJet
05-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Being in an unpopular war makes being in Iraw even tougher for our soldiers. I know how I felt when I was in the army and away from home back in the 60's and that is why I am so pasionate about this program.
Try to find some old phones and accessories to donate. There will be a red, white and blue donation box near the food tent at Jack's place.
Thanks to all that can help.

fat rat
05-13-2007, 06:53 AM
The wife already has them (cell phones) packed and we're checking with freinds and nieghbors also.

TaylorJet
05-14-2007, 05:25 AM
i will only be there on saturday.is there a certain time i need to get these to you on shore?thanks

LynnsJet
05-14-2007, 07:46 AM
FatRat - I knew I could count on your wife, she is a nice lady. Your OK too.
TaylorJet - I will pick up the donations Saturday afternoon from Jack's before I return to the Hotel.
I really appreciate all of your effort.

limejet
05-14-2007, 01:44 PM
We will be ther and will not come empty handed..will be glad to help..Randy and Pat Fla..

LynnsJet
05-30-2007, 04:43 PM
Time is getting close.
Throw those old cell phones and accessories in your trunk so you don't forget them.
I just know that this year at Anna is going to be a great one. Some of the MD & VA boys are going for 5 days starting on Wed. Is that cool or what?
Limejet, that boat sure is GREEN. Love it.

sunkisst
06-04-2007, 06:03 PM
Lynn,I have mustered up 39 phones,1 berry,& 38 chargers.See you Wed.

LynnsJet
06-04-2007, 06:09 PM
You, da man
How good is that? Incredible! Far out, Cool, Really Really Cool
I can't thank you enough.

sunkisst
06-05-2007, 05:12 AM
Lynn,This is what we do!

sunkisst
06-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Lynn,I collected,from my neighbors,18 chargers,and 9 cell phones.I might add,there are multiple ear thingy- things in the bags...manana...