PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed trailer repair?

sigepmock
02-26-2007, 01:45 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/trailer2.jpg
So the weekend of carnage continued on the way home..:( ...loose side panel combined with 20 mph head winds......and presto....trailer siding departed the trailer on the 15 fwy on the way home. Good news is the peices didn't take out any other cars...so I need some help finding a good trailer repair shop. need three peices of the siding replaced.
Anyone know anyone good?
Thanks,
Chris Mock

phebus
02-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Is the trailer manufacturer local? First place I'd try.

phebus
02-26-2007, 02:11 PM
Oh, and I thought I saw a guy with a Artic Cat loosening the screws while you were gone. :D

djunkie
02-26-2007, 02:13 PM
Is that Cole Trickles old trailer?

sigepmock
02-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Is that Cole Trickles old trailer?
Yep that's his trailer that I borrowed to see if it would work for us....I guess I bought it now :)
YOU BREAK IT YOU BUY IT!!!!! :eek:

djunkie
02-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Yep that's his trailer that I borrowed to see if it would work for us....I guess I bought it now :)
YOU BREAK IT YOU BUY IT!!!!! :eek:
Doh!!!! I wouldn't be suprised if he loosened the panels on that thing just so you'd have to buy it. :crossx: :crossx:

sigepmock
02-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Oh, and I thought I saw a guy with a Artic Cat loosening the screws while you were gone. :D
I knew it!!!!! LOL
Actually looks like there was a loose spot that the previous owner glued back in place...I didn't see and I don't think Brandin knew about it either. You can see on the front where there's some glue left on the wood....that's the spot where it peeled back first...and once the wind got under it it was all over, took about 2 seconds from the time I saw the first piece flap until they whole side was dragging behind the trailer.
I know the trailer is a Carson but I've heard bad things about their repair shop. I'll probably try Arrow Trailer first.
Thanks again,
Chris

sigepmock
02-26-2007, 02:30 PM
Doh!!!! I wouldn't be suprised if he loosened the panels on that thing just so you'd have to buy it. :crossx: :crossx:
I feel bad....borrowed his trailer and ripped off the side....I'm not even sure he really wanted to sell it....
At least I can get the other little spot that's peeled back fixed at the same time....

Cole Trickle
02-26-2007, 02:40 PM
Sucks....
I feel bad for the trouble. I swear on my life I knew nothing about problems with the panels.:confused:
It actually dosen't look as bad as I thought. I was expecting to be able to see all the way through into the cab.
I am deffinatley selling it and will knock $200.00 off what we talked about for your trouble.:)

sigepmock
02-26-2007, 04:16 PM
:D Sucks....
I feel bad for the trouble. I swear on my life I knew nothing about problems with the panels.:confused:
It actually dosen't look as bad as I thought. I was expecting to be able to see all the way through into the cab.
I am deffinatley selling it and will knock $200.00 off what we talked about for your trouble.:)
$200 you're such a giver :D
Seriously I know you didn't know about it and I'm sorry for messing up the trailer, unfortunately it was about par for the weekend of destruction. Hopefully they can just cut some new peices and slide them into place, plus like I said they can fix that little spot up front too.
Do you need the trailer back anytime soon? I'm going to take it in tomorrow and if you need it back soon I can make sure they get it fixed in time. If you don't need it back I'll send you the $$$ as soon as Uncle Sam pays up :)

riverbound
02-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Try Norco Camper on Hamner. They fixed this for me.
http://www.***boat.com/FORUMS/attachment.php?attachmentid=25006&stc=1&d=1172537270
They actually were cheaper than most, and once they were done you couldnt tell it was ever damaged.

Cole Trickle
02-26-2007, 04:50 PM
:D
$200 you're such a giver :D
Seriously I know you didn't know about it and I'm sorry for messing up the trailer, unfortunately it was about par for the weekend of destruction. Hopefully they can just cut some new peices and slide them into place, plus like I said they can fix that little spot up front too.
Do you need the trailer back anytime soon? I'm going to take it in tomorrow and if you need it back soon I can make sure they get it fixed in time. If you don't need it back I'll send you the $$$ as soon as Uncle Sam pays up :)
I don't need it. I had made the decision to sell it to you the night you picked it up.:D ;)
I should have title in my name in the next couple weeks.
On the positive side how did it tow? How easy was it to cram 2 rhinos in there?

Cole Trickle
02-26-2007, 04:51 PM
http://www.***boat.com/FORUMS/attachment.php?attachmentid=25006&stc=1&d=1172537270
They actually were cheaper than most, and once they were done you couldnt tell it was ever damaged.
There has gotta be a good story behind that!!!
I see alot of high octane gas in the picture!!:skull::D

riverbound
02-26-2007, 04:55 PM
There has gotta be a good story behind that!!!
I see alot of high octane gas in the picture!!:skull::D
A story of sheer determination and almost putting the trailer on its side.... ;)
most of that gas came back with us too :(

Cole Trickle
02-26-2007, 04:57 PM
A story of sheer determination and almost putting the trailer on its side.... ;)
most of that gas came back with us too :(
Let me guess you humped a hot boat girl so hard the castle fell off the jacks and hit a tree!!!:D :confused: ;)
Next time go front to back and not side to side!!!:devil:

riverbound
02-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Let me guess you humped a hot boat girl so hard the castle fell off the jacks and hit a tree!!!:D :confused: ;)
Next time go front to back and not side to side!!!:devil:
:jawdrop: :mad: :devil:
FUN
No HB girls were involved in the damaging of the trailer

sigepmock
02-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Cool I'll swing by there tomorrow and have them look at it.
Thanks Bill.

riverbound
02-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Cool I'll swing by there tomorrow and have them look at it.
Thanks Bill.
No sweat.
Congrats on the new trailer ;)

sigepmock
02-26-2007, 09:09 PM
I don't need it. I had made the decision to sell it to you the night you picked it up.:D ;)
I should have title in my name in the next couple weeks.
On the positive side how did it tow? How easy was it to cram 2 rhinos in there?
It towed great and it fit two Rhino's perfect. About two inches in front of, between, and behind each Rhino and there was still room on each side to move around. Perfect.
I'll have my accountant cut you a check:D
I'll call you later.
Hey Bill wasn't the trailer damage from the Lake Naci trip? I thought I remembered something about you taking the back roads in and tryig to pull the trailer in half:eek: :confused: Although Brandin's version is a lot better :D

LUVNLIFE
02-27-2007, 05:51 PM
It's a little out of your area but there is Marathon truck body up here in Valencia. Let me know if you need the number;)

sigepmock
02-27-2007, 08:09 PM
Thanks everyone. After calling all the shops recomended and dragging the trailer down to Norco Carson...I finally took the trailer back to the Carson factory in Gardena(LA) Apparently they make the panels there and everyone else has to order them and since I only needed 3 panels they all suggested it would be easier just to go straight to the factory. So I went for a drive.....I should get the estimate tomorrow.
Thanks again,
Chris

riverbound
02-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Hey Bill wasn't the trailer damage from the Lake Naci trip? I thought I remembered something about you taking the back roads in and tryig to pull the trailer in half:eek: :confused: Although Brandin's version is a lot better :D
Pretty much what happened :( I like Brandins Version better too.....if it were true.

Magic34
02-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Damn fellas, that sucks.