PDA

View Full Version : FIRST Car?

Her454
01-16-2003, 05:48 PM
Winter boredom is taking its toll and I'm going thru old pics....found pics of my first car/truck which was a restored 1970 Blazer built for the dunes...and of course my favorite since then was my IROC Camaro. Soooooo, what was your very first car.....and your favorite car you've ever owned? :D
[ January 16, 2003, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Her454 ]

Mrs Big Boy Toys
01-16-2003, 05:53 PM
Her454:
Winter boredom is taking its toll and I'm going thru old pics....found pics of my first car/truck which was a restored 1970 Blazer built for the dunes...and of course my favorite since then was my IROC Camaro. Soooooo, what was your very first car.....and your favorite car you've ever owned? :D You are really bored aren't you... :) J/K
My first car was a 66 mustang it was my dad's before he past away. I still have it but it's pretty torn up. My favorite car is my 96 Pontiac Grand AM , I drive now.
[ January 16, 2003, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: Mrs Big Boy Toys ]

BigBoyToys
01-16-2003, 05:54 PM
1st car huh....hmmm, I was 12 years old and owned a 1964 Ford Econoline van eek! :D
But the ones that I kick myself in the a$$ for selling, when I was 17 years old, I owned a '69 Dodge Charger, '70 Dodge Super Bee, and a '70 Plymouth Road Runner....ALL AT THE SAME TIME! I looked up on Ebay about a week ago what they're selling for now and about had a fit..... :( :mad:
[ January 16, 2003, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

Her454
01-16-2003, 05:57 PM
My brother had a Roadrunner and my sister a GTO...I used to think I was the shit when they HAD to take me places with them..... :D
BTW, I bet you were the Hottie at the Grammer school with the Econoline BBT! wink
[ January 16, 2003, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Her454 ]

Kindsvater Flat
01-16-2003, 05:57 PM
Had a 72 olds 88 that we used to jump ditches and stuff around the ranch, lasted 2000 miles. Had a 65 New Yorker, ran that in the ground til it didn't run. Welded it up into a derby car for the finish. Had a 85 Ranger with 10" lift and a 302. Rolled it all tanked up turning in the driveway. Now a 2001 GMC yet I don't thrash on that.

Infomaniac
01-16-2003, 05:59 PM
First car was a early 70's Maverick. Paid 400.00 for it. My second and favorite was a 1970 SS Chevelle. Drove it everyday for 8 years.

Mrs Big Boy Toys
01-16-2003, 06:01 PM
Her454:
My brother had a Roadrunner and my sister a GTO...I used to think I was the shit when they HAD to take me places with them..... :D
BTW, I bet you were the Hottie at the Grammer school with the Econoline BBT! wink ROFLMAO..... :D That was a Good one.. :)

BigBoyToys
01-16-2003, 06:04 PM
Her454:
BTW, I bet you were the Hottie at the Grammer school with the Econoline BBT! wink :D :D Oh yeah! Seriously! There was a big field between the back of my yard (no fence) and my school at that time. I used to drive that van all over the field and surrounding walnut orchards. My friends would all meet me at the corner of the field every day after school to go for a ride smile_sp
Looking back now, it was fun, but I fried the transmission in about 2 months (3 spd manual, column shift) and tore up the body pretty bad bouncing off of walnut trees :D :D LOL
[ January 16, 2003, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

Sangerboy
01-16-2003, 06:04 PM
Her 454 - 1st car '72 Vega hatchback(never could get ahead of the rust on that thing even in dry Socal) Favorite car, easy- 701/2 Z28 RS Camaro. Hugger orange with black stripes. M21, 3.73 12-bolt posi, LT-1 with a 69 Z/28 cam and 700 double pumper Holley. 17/8" 4 into 1 headers dual exhaust with crossover into turbo mufflers. It would really scream. Before I sold it I had a friend videotape from the inside while I ran through the gears shifting at about 7100 r's. I still like to watch that video. Right now I'm building a '72 Camaro RS for my daughter Stephanie(Katelins older sister)We put a Richmond 5-spd in it,3.08 Posi and a mild hydraulic crate motor. Running real good and ready for paint now. I'll post some pictures when it's done.

v-drive
01-16-2003, 06:08 PM
:cool: My first car was a 50 Ford. It was lowered and cool. My favorite car was a 1989 5.0 mustang. It ruined my drivers license ( it, yeah right)but I had so much fun I think it was worth it. :cool: V-drive

BigBoyToys
01-16-2003, 06:10 PM
Now, my FAVORITE car was a '72 blazer, 44" Ground Hawgs, 12" lift, 454 BBC with T/Ram 2-450cfms, Dana 44 front with ARB air locker, Dana 60 rear with Detroit Locker, etc... Don't think I ever got stuck, but those were in my wild partying days and I tore it up pretty good one night at about 2:30am, (drunk of course) going like a bat outta hell through a dry creek bed.....hit a bump (a BIG one), flew about 20' in the air, and ....well, let's just say that it came down hard. eek!

Her454
01-16-2003, 06:27 PM
Sangerboy:
Right now I'm building a '72 Camaro RS for my daughter Stephanie(Katelins older sister)We put a Richmond 5-spd in it,3.08 Posi and a mild hydraulic crate motor. Running real good and ready for paint now. I'll post some pictures when it's done. LUCKY GIRL wink

BigBoyToys
01-16-2003, 06:31 PM
Hey SangerBoy, want to adopt me? I could use a restored '72 Camaro RS :D LOL And since I'd be the oldest, I'd get first dibs right? :D LOL

Her454
01-16-2003, 06:32 PM
BigBoyToys:
Hey SangerBoy, want to adopt me? I could use a restored '72 Camaro RS :D LOL And since I'd be the oldest, I'd get first dibs right? :D LOL Hold on there BBt, I started this thread, if anyone gets adopted, ITS ME. :D

SUI-CY-COLE
01-16-2003, 06:33 PM
what a great topic......i have a 66 chevy 11,nova,,still got it,,along with two others....love that car for some reason.....one stock,one pro-street-one top sportsman...

Her454
01-16-2003, 06:35 PM
SUI-CY-COLE:
what a great topic......i have a 66 chevy 11,nova,,still got it,,along with two others....love that car for some reason.....one stock,one pro-street-one top sportsman... I'm in love..... eek!

BigBoyToys
01-16-2003, 06:40 PM
Her454:
BigBoyToys:
Hey SangerBoy, want to adopt me? I could use a restored '72 Camaro RS :D LOL And since I'd be the oldest, I'd get first dibs right? :D LOL Hold on there BBt, I started this thread, if anyone gets adopted, ITS ME. :D Well, we could draw straws? Or go with the age/first dibs thing? Flip a coin? Wait a minute...the Mrs told me your age. Scratch that one eek! LOL J/K

SUI-CY-COLE
01-16-2003, 06:42 PM
still waiting for the call.....hahahahaaha

SUI-CY-COLE
01-16-2003, 06:44 PM
actually,,its what isaid plus a prostreet 66 chevelle and a stock bbc airconditoned 66 chevelle with ac.and a cole and a harley and a crew cab dually bla bla bla........bla

Her454
01-16-2003, 06:46 PM
BigBoyToys:
Or go with the age/first dibs thing? Flip a coin? Wait a minute...the Mrs told me your age. Scratch that one eek! LOL J/K No evil ever goes unpunished.....and that put you right up there BBT....shame on you for bringing up a girls age, AND shame on the Mrs for telling :D

BigBoyToys
01-16-2003, 06:48 PM
Her454:
BigBoyToys:
Or go with the age/first dibs thing? Flip a coin? Wait a minute...the Mrs told me your age. Scratch that one eek! LOL J/K No evil ever goes unpunished.....and that put you right up there BBT....shame on you for bringing up a girls age, AND shame on the Mrs for telling :D LOL, that was actually a compliment, since from what I understand, we are VERY close to the same age.....and I'm 22 :D

Her454
01-16-2003, 06:49 PM
SUI-CY-COLE:
actually,,its what isaid plus a prostreet 66 chevelle and a stock bbc airconditoned 66 chevelle with ac.and a cole and a harley and a crew cab dually bla bla bla........bla You already had my attention with the Nova's, but now I think I want to settle down and get married and have lots of little.....race cars. wink

Mrs Big Boy Toys
01-16-2003, 06:50 PM
Her454:
BigBoyToys:
Or go with the age/first dibs thing? Flip a coin? Wait a minute...the Mrs told me your age. Scratch that one eek! LOL J/K No evil ever goes unpunished.....and that put you right up there BBT....shame on you for bringing up a girls age, AND shame on the Mrs for telling :D I was telling BBT when I reach 25 like you I hope I look that good. :)

Sangerboy
01-16-2003, 06:52 PM
BigBoyToys:
Hey SangerBoy, want to adopt me? I could use a restored '72 Camaro RS :D LOL And since I'd be the oldest, I'd get first dibs right? :D LOL Yeah I'll adopt you but you'll have to bring a 4spd '68 to '70 Charger with you because that's what Katelin want's me to work on for her when I'm done with the Camaro :rolleyes: You'd have to fight Stephanie for the keys though and she's pretty tough-handles the 5-spd really well!! You guy's will probably see the car this spring as she goes to school up there-about 20 miles from PCR ( By the way she bought the car herself and spends a lot of time in it and under it working on it with me when she's home from school)

BigBoyToys
01-16-2003, 06:55 PM
Sangerboy:
BigBoyToys:
Hey SangerBoy, want to adopt me? I could use a restored '72 Camaro RS :D LOL And since I'd be the oldest, I'd get first dibs right? :D LOL Yeah I'll adopt you but you'll have to bring a 4spd '68 to '70 Charger with you because that's what Katelin want's me to work on for her when I'm done with the Camaro :rolleyes: You'd have to fight Stephanie for the keys though and she's pretty tough-handles the 5-spd really well!! You guy's will probably see the car this spring as she goes to school up there-about 20 miles from PCR ( By the way she bought the car herself and spends a lot of time in it and under it working on it with me when she's home from school) Whoa whoa wait....are you implying that I'd have to BUY MY OWN? That's it...deals off. If I gotta buy my own I'd end up with an old '74 Ford Pinto :( LOL

Mrs Big Boy Toys
01-16-2003, 06:58 PM
Is there still 74 Ford Pinto's? I'm glad I don't own one of them.... :)

Sangerboy
01-16-2003, 06:59 PM
Her454:
BigBoyToys:
Hey SangerBoy, want to adopt me? I could use a restored '72 Camaro RS :D LOL And since I'd be the oldest, I'd get first dibs right? :D LOL Hold on there BBt, I started this thread, if anyone gets adopted, ITS ME. :D Sure I'll adopt you too Her454 just keep organizing those great potlucks :cool: You'll have to wait till late spring to see the car, I won't let her have it in winter up there, might be a little too much for an 18 yr old to handle in ice and a little snow, so she gets the old family Subaru and I get the Camaro for now.
wink wink :D

GofastRacer
01-16-2003, 07:06 PM
Ok first car, 55 Pontiac 2 door S**T pile, never let me down though!. Second car, 56 Ford Crown Victoria FULLY loaded, blue and white, full continental kit, jet skirts, front end converted to Mercury Meteor!!, give my left n*t to have it back!!.. wink

Sangster
01-16-2003, 07:13 PM
Her454:
SUI-CY-COLE:
actually,,its what isaid plus a prostreet 66 chevelle and a stock bbc airconditoned 66 chevelle with ac.and a cole and a harley and a crew cab dually bla bla bla........bla You already had my attention with the Nova's, but now I think I want to settle down and get married and have lots of little.....race cars. wink I'm Tom Woddat, & we'll keepa' light on for ya.....
[ January 16, 2003, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

Sangerboy
01-16-2003, 07:15 PM
Don't want to sidetrack too much here but I'm going to add 2 cars that my dad had that I would like back.
1. '57 Chevy Belair with a 283 and 'glide
2. '63 Impala with the dual quad 409, a T-10 and a 4.11.(I remember him picking me up from school and burning out all the way home :p :p - He sold the car because it used to much gas....... he owned a Union 76 station at the time :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

GofastRacer
01-16-2003, 07:30 PM
Sangerboy:
Don't want to sidetrack too much here but I'm going to add 2 cars that my dad had that I would like back.
1. '57 Chevy Belair with a 283 and 'glide
2. '63 Impala with the dual quad 409, a T-10 and a 4.11.(I remember him picking me up from school and burning out all the way home :p :p - He sold the car because it used to much gas....... he owned a Union 76 station at the time :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ) Third car was 57 Chevy 2 door post 283 with 3 on the tree!... :cool:

Her454
01-16-2003, 07:35 PM
Mrs Big Boy Toys:
I was telling BBT when I reach 25 like you I hope I look that good. :) DAMN, you just made my whole year! :D :D :D

Her454
01-16-2003, 07:37 PM
Sangster:
You already had my attention with the Nova's, but now I think I want to settle down and get married and have lots of little.....race cars. wink I'm Tom Woddat, & we'll keepa' light on for ya..... [/QB][/QUOTE]
LMAO, your full of one liners tonight Webster...

screamin seamen
01-16-2003, 07:39 PM
First was a 68 Camaro ,but favorite is a split between a 76 dodge aspen(didnt give a shit) :D or a 69 Road runner(to damn fast) devil

GofastRacer
01-16-2003, 07:48 PM
screamin seamen:
First was a 68 Camaro ,but favorite is a split between a 76 dodge aspen(didnt give a shit) :D or a 69 Road runner(to damn fast) devil I'll take the Road Runner, 426 Hemi 4 Speed!!Yeah!!...BTW, never too fast!!.. wink :D :D

BigBoyToys
01-16-2003, 07:53 PM
My old road runner had a 440, 4 spd. That thing could lift the wheels! And I think I ended up trading that car for a '57 Ford Panel Delivery (which the police confiscated about a year later....long story eek! :D )

Her454
01-16-2003, 07:54 PM
Sangerboy:
she's pretty tough-handles the 5-spd really well!! she bought the car herself and spends a lot of time in it and under it working on it with me when she's home from school) You Go Girl! wink That brought back alot of memories of my dad and I....I sure miss him and Im thankful for all that he taught me.

GofastRacer
01-16-2003, 08:00 PM
BigBoyToys:
My old road runner had a 440, 4 spd. That thing could lift the wheels! And I think I ended up trading that car for a '57 Ford Panel Delivery (which the police confiscated about a year later....long story eek! :D ) Yeah, 57 to 60 Panels are cool, they make a cool tow vehicle when all tricked out!.. :cool:

screamin seamen
01-16-2003, 08:05 PM
I sold my road runner and a week later it was placed ever so gently thru a fence and into a tree burningm .Never sell your car close to home.

DaveA
01-16-2003, 08:07 PM
Her454:
Winter boredom is taking its toll and I'm going thru old pics....found pics of my first car/truck which was a restored 1970 Blazer built for the dunes...and of course my favorite since then was my IROC Camaro. Soooooo, what was your very first car.....and your favorite car you've ever owned? :D First car- 1951 GMC 3-window 3/4ton p/u hand-me-down. Great to drive to school and the airport. Called it "The Blue Goose" thanks to Earl Schieb.
Favorite car- 1965 Pontiac GTO Tri-Power 4spd yellow/black interior, 3.55:1 posi. Muther would fly. 95mph on the center carb alone, manual linkage to the secondaries- mash it then, and you'd still have to hang on. The tach would go one way, the speedo the other, with the gas gauge beating them all to the peg! Like some of you, I wish I still had it.
I'll go a step further. Everyone talks about boats, but:
First airplane- 1947 Luscombe 8A. How I wound up with this thing is the subject for a good off topic post sometime. The guy I sold it to piled it into some power lines while flying thru an orchard when the sprinklers were going. eek! He liked to wash it off now and then, they said.
Favorite airplane- 1949 Monocoupe 110 Special Clipwing . We rebuilt it from a wreck that left it in 5 smaller chunks and many pieces. Now in the EAA Museum in Oshkosh WI.

BigBoyToys
01-16-2003, 08:09 PM
GofastRacer:
BigBoyToys:
My old road runner had a 440, 4 spd. That thing could lift the wheels! And I think I ended up trading that car for a '57 Ford Panel Delivery (which the police confiscated about a year later....long story eek! :D ) Yeah, 57 to 60 Panels are cool, they make a cool tow vehicle when all tricked out!.. :cool: I did lotsa work to it. Straight body, new paint, WET bar, toatally customized inside. Problem was, well, you know teenagers when they have a wet bar in a vehicle and too much time on their hands on a saturday night... eek!

GofastRacer
01-16-2003, 08:17 PM
screamin seamen:
I sold my road runner and a week later it was placed ever so gently thru a fence and into a tree burningm .Never sell your car close to home. Man, I can relate to that, I had a 64 Ford Galaxie 500XL convertible fully loaded, got tired of the cruiser, wanted a hot rod, got me a 66 Fairlane 390GT, two months after I sold the 64, I seen it parked on the street, somebody rear ended it and pushed it into a truck, it was total junk!, man did that hurt!!.. :mad:

GofastRacer
01-16-2003, 08:19 PM
BigBoyToys:
GofastRacer:
BigBoyToys:
My old road runner had a 440, 4 spd. That thing could lift the wheels! And I think I ended up trading that car for a '57 Ford Panel Delivery (which the police confiscated about a year later....long story eek! :D ) Yeah, 57 to 60 Panels are cool, they make a cool tow vehicle when all tricked out!.. :cool: I did lotsa work to it. Straight body, new paint, WET bar, toatally customized inside. Problem was, well, you know teenagers when they have a wet bar in a vehicle and too much time on their hands on a saturday night... eek! Yep, I hear ya!!.... :D

Squeezing Spectra
01-16-2003, 08:20 PM
First car was a 1970 AAR Cuda 340 six-pack and ohh how i could kick myself now for selling it. Bruce eek!

GofastRacer
01-16-2003, 08:22 PM
Squeezing Spectra:
First car was a 1970 AAR Cuda 340 six-pack and ohh how i could kick myself now for selling it. Bruce eek! If I kicked myself for everyone I sold, I wouldn't have an ass left!!.... :D :D :D

GofastRacer
01-16-2003, 08:27 PM
But now, I'm rehabilitated and found fast boats that turn left!!... wink :D

eraser
01-16-2003, 08:36 PM
much as i hate to imust agree with you on all your choices sangerboy your zed and dads 409 were definately baaaaaaad! especially since my first car was 66 bug.

MikeF
01-16-2003, 08:54 PM
69 Camaro, 307 3 speed. Didn't even have my license yet :D .
2nd car = 70 Buick GS 455 w/ automatic. A TON of torque :D :D ! Never should have sold that car. (lost my virginity in that car on the 4th of July :D )
[ January 16, 2003, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: MikeF ]

GofastRacer
01-16-2003, 08:57 PM
Yeah, when I think back, should have never sold any of them!!.. :D

Sangerboy
01-16-2003, 09:01 PM
eraser:
much as i hate to imust agree with you on all your choices sangerboy your zed and dads 409 were definately baaaaaaad! especially since my first car was 66 bug. Heeeeey- - it's about time you started posting knucklehead! If everyone would give a warm welcome to this newbie(who as you might have guessed happens to be my brother-neither of us had a choice on that) Dude you'll find a lot of cool (and knowledgeable) people here along with a few dickheads-read some of the previous threads and you'll soon figure out who is who. :cool:

Omega21
01-16-2003, 09:05 PM
My first car was a 67 VW squareback. Hated it then, wish I had it back now.
Best rig I ever owned was a 1968 Bronco. 302,auto, 35's, and 4:10's. Blew the 302 up after owning it 3 months, and then rebuilt the piss out of it. HiPo 289 heads, some huge cam, torker intake, headers, a 600 Edelrbock..and a Sneaky Pete next to the transfer case lever. The motor was completely useless off road, but what a kick in the pants it was on the street! Stoplight drags were the best!
Best fun ever is to stuff a camaro or two with an old ford truck..
Todd

Jrocket
01-16-2003, 09:23 PM
SUI-CY-COLE:
what a great topic......i have a 66 chevy 11,nova,,still got it,,along with two others....love that car for some reason.....one stock,one pro-street-one top sportsman... Lets see some pics!!!
I have a 67 Nova SS four speed car.Someday Im going to get back to restoring it.... :D

Jrocket
01-16-2003, 09:25 PM
Oh and my first car was a 64 Studebaker Daytona 2dr hardtop.I still have it and will be driving it out to Pomona swap meet this sunday! And hopefully back!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Ian
01-17-2003, 12:08 AM
My first car was a 68 VW Bug, got it when I turned 14 for good grades. Over the next two years me, my dad and my older brother restored it, with a So. Cal. twist ofcourse, light blue, lowered, Velour interior, empi wheels, etc... My favorite car was a 93 LX Mustang, with a big cam and a bigger blower, the only thing I lost to on the street was a street bike. My favotrite thing do was race the local imports, I'd pussy foot it until about 45MPH so they actually thought they might win, then I'd down shift, hammer the gas and smoke the tires.

Stab-n-Steer
01-17-2003, 07:50 AM
My first car was a '57 Chevy 210... bought it for $150 (running) in 1971 when I was 16. Did a complete "frame-off" restoration that took 3 years. Learned a lot working on that sucker... Fortunately, I worked at a body shop after school during the week and a speed shop on Saturdays. This allowed me to have a bad-ass 327 in it and an awesome paint job. Ran low 12's at Fremont Drag Strip...
Just bought my 17 year old son a '69 Camaro (early graduation gift). We are having a ball working on that... He is amazed how much the old man still remembers about working on cars! :D
S&S
[ January 17, 2003, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: Stab-n-Steer ]

Bluto
01-17-2003, 08:33 AM
My first car was a 1977 Honda Civic. It had a manual choke that when pulled out would go faster. It was like a mini NOS switch.

126driver
01-17-2003, 08:59 AM
My first truck was a '77 GMC short bed with full-time 4wd. The guy I bought it from used to sand-drag it. Built 400 SBC, could pull the front end off of the ground. My favorite (and only) car was a '84 black corvette with a manual tranny. Lost my license with that one. :rolleyes:

Her454
01-17-2003, 09:03 AM
Sangerboy:
eraser:
much as i hate to imust agree with you on all your choices sangerboy your zed and dads 409 were definately baaaaaaad! especially since my first car was 66 bug. Heeeeey- - it's about time you started posting knucklehead! If everyone would give a warm welcome to this newbie(who as you might have guessed happens to be my brother-neither of us had a choice on that) Dude you'll find a lot of cool (and knowledgeable) people here along with a few dickheads-read some of the previous threads and you'll soon figure out who is who. :cool: WELCOME Eraser...didnt we meet at CFW? Anyone who wants to formally welcome Eraser, there is a welcome thread in the Sandbar Forum! :D

Blown 472
01-17-2003, 09:26 AM
First car was a 61 dodge dart, still have it.
You know her454 if you would have rode around in your brothers car more you might have seen the light. :D

Her454
01-17-2003, 09:33 AM
Blown 472:
You know her454 if you would have rode around in your brothers car more you might have seen the light. :D I would have, but he only took me when he was in trouble with the parents...and he made me ride in the trunk after we left the driveway.... eek! My shrink says thats why I'm so warped. wink

Blown 472
01-17-2003, 09:35 AM
Her454:
Blown 472:
You know her454 if you would have rode around in your brothers car more you might have seen the light. :D I would have, but he only took me when he was in trouble with the parents...and he made me ride in the trunk after we left the driveway.... eek! My shrink says thats why I'm so warped. wink Huummmmm, and driving a cheby helps how??

superdave013
01-17-2003, 09:36 AM
My first car was a '68 Opal Cadet. Let me tell you the chicks sure like that one! lol
But I could make the 4 hour round trip to the lake on 5 bucks worth of gas. I lifted the front end and had it looking like an old A Gasser. I guess the 1.1L engine gave it away though.
Here is a pic of the old surf wagon I had when I lived on the beach. Good old '60 Kingswood Chevy.
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/60_chevy.JPG

Her454
01-17-2003, 09:42 AM
No offense SuperDave, but that looks like what hauled my grandpa off to his final resting place..... eek!

Blown 472
01-17-2003, 09:42 AM
That wagon is bitchen.

Her454
01-17-2003, 09:45 AM
Blown 472:
That wagon is bitchen. well yea, its that too. wink

superdave013
01-17-2003, 09:52 AM
Her454:
No offense SuperDave, but that looks like what hauled my grandpa off to his final resting place..... eek! I used to get that all the time. It really was just a station wagon though. I bet a few grandpa's hualled some grandma's off to rest in the back of that sucka!
But that's the reason I didn't do a resto on it. Just was not the look I was going for. Was a fun car though.

Bagpipes
01-17-2003, 09:54 AM
My first ride was a 55 chevy pu.Still have it.My favorite was a 66 ss chevelle 396, 4 speed, Coper black int.This is a COOL thread.Bring back memories!!!

Her454
01-17-2003, 09:55 AM
superdave013:
I used to get that all the time. It really was just a station wagon though. I bet a few grandpa's hualled some grandma's off to rest in the back of that sucka!
But that's the reason I didn't do a resto on it. Just was not the look I was going for. Was a fun car though. You shoulda painted birth control on the back..... wink SD013 knows Im just kidding!
[ January 17, 2003, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: Her454 ]

Blown 472
01-17-2003, 09:56 AM
Little fired up today??

Her454
01-17-2003, 09:57 AM
Blown 472:
Little fired up today?? To quote..."Smokin". wink

spectras only
01-17-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by superdave013:
[QB] My first car was a '68 Opal Cadetsuperdave ,you mean Opel Kadett :p [just trying to be a smart ass].Do you remember the Opel GT from the 70's? Looks like a mini Corvette. They're becoming extremely collectible.You can sqeeze a 4.3 vortec in them , nobody could catch you :D . http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/1932%20Fiat.JPG.1932 Fiat Balilla, looked much better after restoration
[ January 17, 2003, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: spectras only ]

superdave013
01-17-2003, 11:38 AM
spectras only:
Originally posted by superdave013:
[QB] My first car was a '68 Opal Cadetsuperdave ,you mean Opel Kadet :p [just trying to be a smart ass].Do you remember the Opel GT from the 70's? Looks like a mini Corvette. They're becoming extremely collectible.You can sqeeze a 4.3 vortec in them , nobody could catch you :D . http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/1932%20Fiat.JPG.1932 Fiat Balilla, looked much better after restoration Yeah, that's what I ment. And yes I remember those GT's. They were faster them my Kadet but mine would run better through the corn fields. :rolleyes:

Blown 472
01-17-2003, 11:41 AM
When I worked at Ken Thurm race cars, we back halved a opel gt, a small block slipped right in with no major cutting.

78Eliminator
01-17-2003, 11:45 AM
First car was an 84 Mustang GT (anniversary edition). It actually had some nuts to it.

Itsahobby
01-17-2003, 12:38 PM
First car was 72 Chevy Blazer
Favoraite 69 Olds W31
4 Speed
Posi with 4:33s
Thing would screem stop light to stop light, but
you couldn't drive it on the freeway. I use to race it and I had to start off in second gear. :D

spectras only
01-17-2003, 12:56 PM
[img]http://theopelgtguy.tripod.com/[img],Blown, this is one of the better sites for Opels

Blown 472
01-17-2003, 01:01 PM
Cant find it. frown

spectras only
01-17-2003, 01:47 PM
http://theopelgtguy.tripod.com/ try again blown

GoinFASTindaddy'sboat
01-17-2003, 04:55 PM
As soon as my dad (sangerboy) told me about this thread, I decided that I needed to register :) My first car...as he told you...is a '72 Camaro RS...in his terms it's "Bitchin" :D I LOVE to drive it...I think it will always be my favorite car. THANKS DADDY!!!!!! It gives me something to talk about to the boys with their silly mustangs (not old one's of course)
And to everyone that wants to be adopted...SORRY!!!!! He just helps me work on it, Let's just say...I'm broke half the time wink

Froggystyle
01-17-2003, 05:15 PM
My first was a '74 Caddy Coupe De Ville I dumped, hotrodded and bumped. 2 12" Pyramid Phase III speakers, and a "1000 watt" (yeah, right!) Pyramid amp from Vito. Used a stock IROC head unit. Transplanted a 502 from a '72 Eldorado and ran high 15's at the strip during high school. Hands down the most consistent car at the races. We would win brackets all the time and take home trophies.
Fav... My 01 Durango R/T I currently pimp. A more useful and sporty car I have never owned. I love it. Second prize goes to a '85 Corvette (Bronze on Brown) with a Lingenfelteresque 383 under the hood.

Mandelon
01-17-2003, 05:27 PM
First car....63 Impala Convertible. Mine was black, 327 motor, Corvette hubcaps with knowckoffs, Oh baby, It was the shit back then.... We called it the Batmobile....Looked like this tho'
http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/engine/120/Hsv.jpg

MikeF
01-17-2003, 05:53 PM
Blown 472:
When I worked at Ken Thurm race cars, we back halved a opel gt, a small block slipped right in with no major cutting. I went to a test session up at Bakersfield w/ him once. 7.76 @ 176 mph. Nothing like standing near to a Pro Stock @ 8000+rpm at the line waiting for the light to go green :D ! I knew his daughter then and tagged along :cool: .
He did put a blown motor in it, but I never saw that one run :rolleyes: .

e-ticket
01-17-2003, 06:19 PM
My first car was a '54 Mercury Sun Valley. The one with the glass roof. Paid $400 for it, (probably a little more valuable now).

BigBoyToys
01-17-2003, 07:03 PM
GoinFASTindaddy'sboat:
As soon as my dad (sangerboy) told me about this thread, I decided that I needed to register :) My first car...as he told you...is a '72 Camaro RS...in his terms it's "Bitchin" :D I LOVE to drive it...I think it will always be my favorite car. THANKS DADDY!!!!!! It gives me something to talk about to the boys with their silly mustangs (not old one's of course)
And to everyone that wants to be adopted...SORRY!!!!! He just helps me work on it, Let's just say...I'm broke half the time wink Oh man!! That just ain't right :D He already said he'd adopt me... :rolleyes:

shirkey4750
01-17-2003, 07:15 PM
30 model Ford coup with rumble seat. Great Aunt gave it to me when I turned sixteen, had my choice between it and a new corvair. Don't regret it one bit. Favorite, 66Corvette convertible 327, 365. Passed two guys drag racing cameros and they were running 120 plus.

Her454
01-17-2003, 08:39 PM
ok, i had no idea this thread would take off like this, but now i have to expand.... ONE of my favorite cars was my 2000 Saleen Mustang (ONLY Ford I've ever owned) and it almost cost me ever getting insured again....car handled great tho)....but I must say Im a 4wheel drive girl and I'd much rather drive over the top of something than around it wink Unless its a classic muscle car, and thats NEXT on my list, my goal is to get one and restore it with my sister from the ground up. :D

GofastRacer
01-17-2003, 08:44 PM
Her454:
ok, i had no idea this thread would take off like this, but now i have to expand.... ONE of my favorite cars was my 2000 Saleen Mustang (ONLY Ford I've ever owned) and it almost cost me ever getting insured again....car handled great tho)....but I must say Im a 4wheel drive girl and I'd much rather drive over the top of something than around it wink Unless its a classic muscle car, and thats NEXT on my list, my goal is to get one and restore it with my sister from the ground up. :D Right on!.. :cool: :cool:

Sangerboy
01-17-2003, 09:40 PM
Her454:
[Q) Unless its a classic muscle car, and thats NEXT on my list, my goal is to get one and restore it with my sister from the ground up. D [/QB]Right on Her454 If I could retire I think I'd just look for old cars and boats to fix up and make 'em go faster. As much as I enjoy driving them I have just as much fun building them, tweaking them and yes even solving problems that arise in the process. Ah well someday maybe :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sangerboy
01-17-2003, 09:48 PM
GoinFASTindaddy'sboat:
And to everyone that wants to be adopted...SORRY!!!!! He just helps me work on it, Let's just say...I'm broke half the time wink AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! She found me. Crap now it looks like I'll have to ask her how to put an avatar up since obviously she knows how to do it. Damn kids and computers......mumble .......mumble

GoinFASTindaddy'sboat
01-17-2003, 10:53 PM
hey dad! I was able to put the avatar on when I registered...when you post a reply up in the right hand corner it says "my profile" click on that, and I think you could put up an avatar from there! And...we aren't damn kids...we just happen to have to take computer classes sleeping :)

BigBoyToys
01-18-2003, 02:20 AM
I hate computers :mad:

Her454
01-18-2003, 02:49 AM
gotta be proud of those girls SangerBoy! wink

Her454
01-18-2003, 08:03 PM
I came across this on my vacation last week and thought it was worth sharing..Im not much for flames but this is beautiful, not to mention all the detail...made me drool all over my camera
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/72chevy1.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/72chevy2.JPG
[ January 18, 2003, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: Her454 ]

77schiada22
01-18-2003, 10:36 PM
ok the first 61 falcon, never did get it to run. the first running was 66 mustang 6-cyl coupe slow & ugly neverdid die. most fun 74 blazer on 39"s blown 454 all the goodies. suprised many fools at the stoplights. latest is chevy crewcab 4x on 37"s with blown injected 509. just a tow vehicle
BOOST IS YOUR FREIND!!!!

CircleJerk
01-18-2003, 11:53 PM
I'll bite, I'm bored, and so was my first; 56 Ford Crown 2 dr. 292 out to 312 tri-power 4 speed. Beat any 283 chevy, but not 327s, turned 16.01 at 89 mph in 1/4 mile. BEST car, 66 GTO and 67 Buick GS340. Rarest car, 1967 RS Z28 with factory fiberglass hood! 602 produced! Hey Art, we have Fords in our past! Some of us even learned our lesson! smile_sp

Unchained
01-19-2003, 05:35 AM
My favorite car was a 1968 GTO that I got when I was 17 yrs old. I thrashed the original 400 Pontiac engine until it blew then went to the junkyard and got a 427/390 out of a Corvette for $400 and bolted that in. That ran real good for a while then I removed it for modifications and put in a 455 Pontiac engine. I had the engine/trans removal down to a science where I could take it out in 1 hour by myself. Before I got rid of that car I had swapped 5 different engines in and out of it.

GofastRacer
01-19-2003, 06:26 AM
CircleJerk:
I'll bite, I'm bored, and so was my first; 56 Ford Crown 2 dr. 292 out to 312 tri-power 4 speed. Beat any 283 chevy, but not 327s, turned 16.01 at 89 mph in 1/4 mile. BEST car, 66 GTO and 67 Buick GS340. Rarest car, 1967 RS Z28 with factory fiberglass hood! 602 produced! Hey Art, we have Fords in our past! Some of us even learned our lesson! smile_sp Yeah, I'll never forget my Crown Vic, that was a sweet cruiser. Everytime I see one, it brings back a lot of memories!!.. wink

stump
01-19-2003, 06:46 AM
64 Olds F-85,3 on the tree,and a aluminum block V-6 engine.am radio,no air ,manual steering, manual brakes,2 door and black,that car was the donut king at the high school parking lot,I used to get that car spinning the rear tire and doing donuts ,hehehe, those were the days ,used to load a cooler full of beer and cruise around checking out the babes ,those were the day's.

GofastRacer
01-19-2003, 07:10 AM
stump:
64 Olds F-85,3 on the tree,and a aluminum block V-6 engine.am radio,no air ,manual steering, manual brakes,2 door and black,that car was the donut king at the high school parking lot,I used to get that car spinning the rear tire and doing donuts ,hehehe, those were the days ,used to load a cooler full of beer and cruise around checking out the babes ,those were the day's. Good way to get thrown in jail today!!!... http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/jump.gif

Hud
01-19-2003, 07:20 AM
I had a 54 Ford Club Coupe, v8, 3 on the tree. Didn't last long runin in the corn fields. I just love watching that corn hit off the top of the windshield at 60 mph. :D wink

Sangster
01-19-2003, 07:34 AM
58' Chevy 4 door,DelRay, straight 6 cyl.three on the tree, am radio, "lite Blue" in color. ran for ever, paid $200.00 eek! eek!

GofastRacer
01-19-2003, 07:46 AM
Sangster:
58' Chevy 4 door,DelRay, straight 6 cyl.three on the tree, am radio, "lite Blue" in color. ran for ever, paid $200.00 eek! eek! $200, ain't that the shits! eek! You may get to look at one for that these days!.. :D :D :D