PDA

View Full Version : A letter from Grace in Louisana: Beware of the Jeep Liberty:

Trailer Park Casanova
02-26-2007, 08:03 PM
Jeep Liberty WARNING:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On October 31, 2006 my best friends daughter was involved in a rear end collision in her Jeep Liberty.
The Liberty exploded upon impact and she died as a result of the fire. She did not have a chance. There are many people who witnessed this accident and stated that the vehicle was engulfed before anyone could even get to her.
Since this accident her family has done a lot of research and also found several other cases such as this one. This girl did not have to die. The autopsy revealed she had NO internal injuries. The auto that hit her had minimal burn injuries and the vehicle in front of her was barely damaged.
We have discovered through a firm that has already settled cases for the Grand Cherokee and other Jeep vehicles which I might add has the same fuel tank design. The fuel tank on the Liberty and the Grand Cherokee are located behind the rear axle rather than forward of the rear axle. It is also made of a material that is easily ruptured.
There are so many of the vehicles on the road and I feel the owners have a right to know the potential danger when involved in a rear end collision.
This was such a tragic loss of a beautiful life and had she not been driving this vehicle she would be here today.
There is an article and web site for the firm who handled these cases if you would like to read it. These vehicles should be recalled and the fuel tanks redesigned. However, it is much easier and less costly for them manufacturer to settle these claims out of court rather than recall the vehicles. If you drive one of these vehicles please just be aware that this is a potential danger!

capt.murph
03-04-2007, 03:34 PM
what years dose this cover.and what is the link.

beernut
03-17-2007, 12:29 AM
sorry to hear that :confused: reminde me of the old pinto recall days, same type of deal, the filler neck pulled out of the tank from inpact,

Kachina26
03-17-2007, 09:01 AM
Here's a link, http://forums.off-road.com/jeep-liberty-kj/223278-jeep-liberty-2004-warning.html