PDA

View Full Version : Livingston Knee dislocation---GRAPHIC!

DILLIGAF
02-27-2007, 06:16 AM
This guy just can't get a break. This had to be awfully painful. I don't know if it ends any hopes of a playoff run for the Clips but it sure makes it even harder. I put it at the end of this message so you have time to click out before looking at it. Pretty graphic stuff :(
Poor guy:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Livingston_Knee_Dislocation.jpg

73kona455
02-27-2007, 06:41 AM
ouch....

Mr. C
02-27-2007, 06:49 AM
I saw that just a few minutes ago on the news, usaully when they say its graphic it's really not that bad , but this time they were right.
That had to hurt something awful.
Is it a career ending injury, or do they know yet?

Liberator TJ1984
02-27-2007, 06:49 AM
Done that !!! Twice :D

Liberator TJ1984
02-27-2007, 06:53 AM
I saw that just a few minutes ago on the news, usaully when they say its graphic it's really not that bad , but this time they were right.
That had to hurt something awful.
Is it a career ending injury, or do they know yet?
Hopefully It should not be ?
2nd. time I did mine they took 1/2 the tendon that holds the kneecap on and stretched it across w/screws-pins and made me a " New" ACL
I can still get along quite well and I'm almost twice his age:rolleyes:

photo chick
02-27-2007, 06:59 AM
Hopefully It should not be ?
2nd. time I did mine they took 1/2 the tendon that holds the kneecap on and stretched it across w/screws-pins and made me a " New" ACL
I can still get along quite well and I'm almost twice his age:rolleyes:
Hey I had the same thing....same surgery on both my knees!!! Hauser Procedure....very painful but he should be back next season I would think..

JetBoatRich
02-27-2007, 08:54 AM
it was ugly on TV :sqeyes:

Baja Big Dog
02-27-2007, 09:08 AM
Ouch....

buzzaro
02-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Ive never dislocated my knee, but I have my shoulder on a few occasions. The first couple times it went back in itself and once I was able to push it back in. But the most recent time that it came out and I tried to push it back into place I almost blacked out. Very interesting really, you kinda see stars and your vision becomes very constricted, also your knees buckle and you want to make sure your sitting down. I apologize for not having my wits to snap any pics at the time, but it was pretty freaky looking much like the knee there. I have broken bones and been hit by a car on my bike, but the dislocation was BY FAR the most painful thing Ive ever experienced. They gave me two dilaudid injections and it barely even took the edge off. I feel for that guy.

dmontzsta
02-27-2007, 10:41 AM
I just watched the video on ESPN.com. That is some painful action.
BTW: I think the clippers "hopes for a playoff run" were crushed a while ago. ;)
Poor guy, that hurts.

photo chick
02-27-2007, 10:44 AM
Ive never dislocated my knee, but I have my shoulder on a few occasions. The first couple times it went back in itself and once I was able to push it back in. But the most recent time that it came out and I tried to push it back into place I almost blacked out. Very interesting really, you kinda see stars and your vision becomes very constricted, also your knees buckle and you want to make sure your sitting down. I apologize for not having my wits to snap any pics at the time, but it was pretty freaky looking much like the knee there. I have broken bones and been hit by a car on my bike, but the dislocation was BY FAR the most painful thing Ive ever experienced. They gave me two dilaudid injections and it barely even took the edge off. I feel for that guy.
You've described the exact feeling as when dislocating your patella, by far the most painful thing I've ever been through. I've had over 15 surgeries in various places, dislocating my knees hurts worse than any of them!

TAF
02-27-2007, 10:49 AM
You've described the exact feeling as when dislocating your patella, by far the most painful thing I've ever been through. I've had over 15 surgeries in various places, dislocating my knees hurts worse than any of them!
Thanks sis when I had my surgery. Nothing as bad as that pic though, yuck!!:D

Jbb
02-27-2007, 10:57 AM
I've had over 15 surgeries in various places,
:jawdrop:

photo chick
02-27-2007, 11:14 AM
:jawdrop:
Not what your thinking......no body alterations dear!!!!:D

Jbb
02-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Not what your thinking......no body alterations dear!!!!:D
:p

dmontzsta
02-27-2007, 11:25 AM
DILLF dont cry dude. :)
Livingston only averages 9 points, 3 rebounds and 5 assists per 30 minutes, he is hardly setting the world on fire. :) The clippers should have traded him off a while ago, when everyone thought he was going to be something, 3 years in he has only had a career high of 21 points in a game.
He is no Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, Chris Mihm or even Vlad Radmanovic for that matter, the Lakers are missing all of these guys right now, they just got Odom back after 25 games and Kobe is playing with a hyperextended elbow and a sore back. Hey, Livingston can barely fill the shoes of Brian Cook, who was also out for a long time.
NO EXCUSES!!!

DILLIGAF
02-27-2007, 11:30 AM
DILLF dont cry dude. :)
Livingston only averages 9 points, 3 rebounds and 5 assists per 30 minutes, he is hardly setting the world on fire. :) The clippers should have traded him off a while ago, when everyone thought he was going to be something, 3 years in he has only had a career high of 21 points in a game.
He is no Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, Chris Mihm or even Vlad Radmanovic for that matter, the Lakers are missing all of these guys right now, they just got Odom back after 25 games and Kobe is playing with a hyperextended elbow and a sore back. Hey, Livingston can barely fill the shoes of Brian Cook, who was also out for a long time.
NO EXCUSES!!!
The Lakers would trade any TWO of those losers for Livingston straight up. Prior to his injury of course. Actually he would fit in very well with the Lakers you friggin' hater.....
:)

Garrddogg
02-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Shake it off!:eek:

dmontzsta
02-27-2007, 11:43 AM
The Lakers would trade any TWO of those losers for Livingston straight up. Prior to his injury of course. Actually he would fit in very well with the Lakers you friggin' hater.....
:)
yeah right! :) Even you hold his value too high.:)

DILLIGAF
02-27-2007, 11:49 AM
yeah right! :) Even you hold his value too high.:)
Nope....NJ wanted him along with PHI and that is why he is still with the Clips. They DID NOT want to let him go but others wanted him badly.

dmontzsta
02-27-2007, 11:52 AM
Nope....NJ wanted him along with PHI and that is why he is still with the Clips. They DID NOT want to let him go but others wanted him badly.
Look at what shape NJ and PHI are in too, that is not saying much. :)
You proved my point about them not wanting to let him go, they should have!

DILLIGAF
02-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Look at what shape NJ and PHI are in too, that is not saying much. :)
You proved my point about them not wanting to let him go, they should have!
Don...I have to hand it to you. You sure know how to kick a guy when he is down. Not me but Livy...

dmontzsta
02-27-2007, 12:16 PM
Don...I have to hand it to you. You sure know how to kick a guy when he is down. Not me but Livy...
I kicked him when he was up, which has never been too much. :)
It sucks that he is hurt, but I was stating these facts before he got hurt.

ratso
02-27-2007, 12:22 PM
Doesn't look like theres gonna be any doggystyle for him in the near future...:jawdrop:

Keith E. Sayre
02-27-2007, 01:05 PM
Liberator: your procedure was called a patellar tendon graft with bone spurs. Yes it is painful. I've had 7 knee
surgeries and that one done by Mack Lancaster (dallas cowboys) fixed it in 1989 and it's been good ever since.
Before that, Lateral Andrews procedure two times, tried
cat gut once and 3 scopes to clean things up. Amazingly,
I have no arthritis at all!
The clippers won't get him back this year, but he'll be back.
Keith Sayre

Ziggy
02-27-2007, 01:11 PM
Shredded my right ACL in 1979.........never had it fixed. I can do most things but not at the same intensity. Beside the occassional trip and pop it out of socket I live fairly normal(whatever that might be):)
I can clearly remember laying on the field flat on my back with one toe pointing the wrong direction :cry::sqeyes:

Liberator TJ1984
02-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Liberator: your procedure was called a patellar tendon graft with bone spurs. Yes it is painful. I've had 7 knee
surgeries and that one done by Mack Lancaster (dallas cowboys) fixed it in 1989 and it's been good ever since.
Before that, Lateral Andrews procedure two times, tried
cat gut once and 3 scopes to clean things up. Amazingly,
I have no arthritis at all!
The clippers won't get him back this year, but he'll be back.
Keith Sayre
yea Kieth , it was a SOB for awhile , they had that tendon so tight I could not hardly bend my knee for several months and it still will put me on the ground if I bang it on something like a trailer hitch or table corner:D
Don't know what you do for a living Ziggy but I would get yours fixed . I put mine off for quite awhile , but at the time I was in the Blowout / Well Control Field and if I slipped on something just slightly it would pop back out and I would have to stop and let it pop back in by itself ( not a good thing in a shit hits the fan and you gotta move situation ) so I got it fixed.
It's only gets worse the older you get and the weaker the surrounding mucles and tissue get , plus falling down hurts more :D

Jim W
02-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Can someone explain what has happened to his knee??
It kinda looks like the tibia and fibia have gone over the top of the femur?????
I never had knee problems and cant quite figure out the pic...
Be good, Jim

eliminatedsprinter
02-27-2007, 11:24 PM
That is one big time "pivot shift". I have felt that 4 times (twice with each knee) back in the early 1980s.:( That is part of the explination of my board name.

ratso
02-28-2007, 07:44 AM
That is one big time "pivot shift". I have felt that 4 times (twice with each knee) back in the early 1980s.:( That is part of the explination of my board name.
...which makes you a formermreliminatedraiderettesprinter?http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

dmontzsta
02-28-2007, 10:34 AM
In the LOS ANGELES DAILY NEWS, Joe Stevens writes “the Clippers' hope for the prognosis of Shaun Livingston's dislocated left knee was that it not match how the injury looked, which was shockingly ugly and unnatural. Unfortunately for the point guard and the organization, an MRI on Tuesday revealed tears to the anterior cruciate, posterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments and lateral meniscus. The only ligament he did not tear was the lateral collateral. The time frame for a possible return to basketball was set at 8-12 months, but even that may not be accurate because of surgery and rehab.”

SHOTKALLIN
02-28-2007, 01:09 PM
Will he recover fully from this injury? is this a career threatening thing?:(

Racer277
02-28-2007, 01:52 PM
But the most recent time that it came out and I tried to push it back into place I almost blacked out. Very interesting really, you kinda see stars and your vision becomes very constricted, also your knees buckle and you want to make sure your sitting down. I apologize for not having my wits to snap any pics at the time, but it was pretty freaky looking much like the knee there. I have broken bones and been hit by a car on my bike, but the dislocation was BY FAR the most painful thing Ive ever experienced. They gave me two dilaudid injections and it barely even took the edge off. I feel for that guy.
Been there.
They gave me two injections, then told my wife "let us know if he stops breathing". When the nurse put my arm back in, I told her "I love you".:D

Jyruiz
02-28-2007, 01:57 PM
Will he recover fully from this injury? is this a career threatening thing?:(
He can, but I think it will take longer than a year, he does have youth on his side though. I think he will be severl steps slower when he does come back though. This is really tragic, I hope the best for him.

buzzaro
02-28-2007, 03:06 PM
Been there.
They gave me two injections, then told my wife "let us know if he stops breathing". When the nurse put my arm back in, I told her "I love you".:D
LOL, when they put mine back my wife asked why I never sound like that for her:devil:

ratso
02-28-2007, 03:10 PM
LOL, when they put mine back my wife asked why I never sound like that for her:devil:
Tell her your girlfriend never complained lol...:D

blown65
03-01-2007, 07:55 PM
http://www.uselessjunk.com/article_full.php?id=18420
I thought the picture was bad. :O

Garrddogg
03-01-2007, 08:31 PM
http://www.uselessjunk.com/article_full.php?id=18420
I thought the picture was bad. :O
ouch ouch ouch ouch!!

eliminatedsprinter
03-02-2007, 10:05 PM
...which makes you a formermreliminatedraiderettesprinter?http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
:rollside: :rollside:
That's going to be my son's board name....
If he keeps pissing me off...He's 13.......:) :messedup: :wink:

DILLIGAF
03-02-2007, 10:19 PM
:If he keeps pissing me off...He's 13.......:) :messedup: :wink:
You ain't seen shit yet :)