PDA

View Full Version : Al Gore’s Personal Energy Use Is His Own “Inconvenient Truth”

cdog
02-27-2007, 09:49 AM
http://www.tennesseepolicy.org/main/article.php?article_id=367
Al Gore’s Personal Energy Use Is His Own “Inconvenient Truth”
GoreÂ’s home uses more than 20 times the national average
Last night, Al GoreÂ’s global-warming documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, collected an Oscar for best documentary feature, but the Tennessee Center for Policy Research has found that Gore deserves a gold statue for hypocrisy.
GoreÂ’s mansion, located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric Service (NES).
In his documentary, the former Vice President calls on Americans to conserve energy by reducing electricity consumption at home.
The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh—more than 20 times the national average.
Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh—guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore’s average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.
Since the release of An Inconvenient Truth, GoreÂ’s energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006.
GoreÂ’s extravagant energy use does not stop at his electric bill. Natural gas bills for GoreÂ’s mansion and guest house averaged $1,080 per month last year.
“As the spokesman of choice for the global warming movement, Al Gore has to be willing to walk the walk, not just talk the talk, when it comes to home energy use,” said Tennessee Center for Policy Research President Drew Johnson.
In total, Gore paid nearly $30,000 in combined electricity and natural gas bills for his Nashville estate in 2006.
###
The Tennessee Center for Policy Research is an independent, nonprofit and nonpartisan research organization committed to achieving a freer, more prosperous Tennessee through free market policy solutions.

Jordy
02-27-2007, 09:51 AM
Say is isn't so, a Democrat with a do as I say, not as I do attitude in politics??? Didn't John Kerry, a man of the people, try the same thing with the SUV and gas guzzler comments??? Hmmm... :jawdrop: :D

cdog
02-27-2007, 09:56 AM
It was emailed to me last night. I see someone put it up in another thread. Everyone should see this. This hypocrite has made millions off of stupid americans who believe in this bull shit. I bet his jet goes through more fuel in a month then our boats and tow vehicle's go through in 3 years.

Baja Big Dog
02-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Say is isn't so, a Democrat with a do as I say, not as I do attitude in politics??? Didn't John Kerry, a man of the people, try the same thing with the SUV and gas guzzler comments??? Hmmm... :jawdrop: :D
Fricken Jordy...I ws reading this and you stole the words from my mind....

Moneypitt
02-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Gore's film won an Oscar, but it was entered in the wrong catagory. It should have been pitted against the cartoon, "Happy Feet", because it is, after all, a cartoon.....Pure fiction, fantasyland, and his actions, (above), prove it.....MP

Big Warlock
02-27-2007, 10:15 AM
I want the to be the Republican Ad producer. My first production would be a Global Warming piece in Upper New York on top of a house with 120 inches of snow covering it!
My second piece would be Al Sharpton and his family reunion with his Grand Daddy, Strom Thurman! (Will dig his Azz up for the photo op!)
Then on to Al Gore sitting at a desk in college inventing the internet! Followed by Love Story, the tale of he and Tipper! Followed by his documentary of his private jet use, flying around to save the world!
Then Rev Jackson (what church again?) pounding one of his employees, who then gets pregnant and moves to LA with the Rainbow coalition and draws a $300K plus salary a year!
Memories of Hillary on the TODAY show claiming a "right wing conspiracy" with Bill lieing his azz off w/o perjury charges!
Yea, I could have some fun with that job! Damn!! :D

photo chick
02-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Very well said Jordy!!!

Moneypitt
02-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Just saw an article in the paper that 60 countries are going to "jointly" study the effects of greenhouse gasses on the polar caps for two years. 60 countries, $350 MILLION dollar grant to study ICE.......Lets see, 60 countries, 350M, gee, I wonder where that 350 Million is going to come from? I'm sure the oil rich middle east deserts will kick in their share. So the people that say there is a "warming" problem, got 350M to see if there is a "warming" problem?? Kinda makes you wonder where the incentive to cry "the sky is falling" is coming from? Hell, for 350M we could come up with something to study. How about the mussels in the river, how many million is that worth?..........Your hard earned tax dollars at work again............

Racey
02-27-2007, 11:38 AM
Even if there really is global warming caused by humans it's too late to stop it now anyway, it would be a World Issue, not an American one, because the worlds largest developing nations like China, and India, who are the biggest polluters, are not going to do anything that will hinder their economy to cut emissions...
Global Warming has become a political scare tactic used to get people into power who actually care about other agendas

Big Warlock
02-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Even if there really is global warming caused by humans it's too late to stop it now anyway, it would be a World Issue, not an American one, because the worlds largest developing nations like China, and India, who are the biggest polluters, are not going to do anything that will hinder their economy to cut emissions...
Global Warming has become a political scare tactic used to get people into power who actually care about other agendas
Well said!

essexjet
02-28-2007, 12:49 PM
AH $hit, here we go again...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17382210/?GT1=9033
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Following criticism by a conservative group of Al Gore's large home energy consumption, a Gore spokeswoman defended the former vice president's lifestyle, saying he invests in enough renewable energy to make up for the home's power consumption.

HBjet
02-28-2007, 01:19 PM
Yeah, I heard about that Monday night on KFI. Heard this morning that Al Gore, & Dianne Feinstein who both use private jets each release more CO2 in the air on a single trip when flying coast to coast then one person would from driving a car over the course of their life.
Here is a great link with more on private jets, Al Gore, and CO2
http://newsbusters.org/node/10951
HBjet

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-28-2007, 01:24 PM
I want the to be the Republican Ad producer. My first production would be a Global Warming piece in Upper New York on top of a house with 120 inches of snow covering it!
My second piece would be Al Sharpton and his family reunion with his Grand Daddy, Strom Thurman! (Will dig his Azz up for the photo op!)
Then on to Al Gore sitting at a desk in college inventing the internet! Followed by Love Story, the tale of he and Tipper! Followed by his documentary of his private jet use, flying around to save the world!
Then Rev Jackson (what church again?) pounding one of his employees, who then gets pregnant and moves to LA with the Rainbow coalition and draws a $300K plus salary a year!
Memories of Hillary on the TODAY show claiming a "right wing conspiracy" with Bill lieing his azz off w/o perjury charges!
Yea, I could have some fun with that job! Damn!! :D
You'll have to find some way to include our esteemed Senator Frankenstein and her license to carry a concealed firearm while denying the people of her city (San Francisco) the same right.
Of course, she gave up that license after word got out. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

909punk
02-28-2007, 01:48 PM
Am I the only one thinking that the average american doesn't live in a mansion and proberly do not run all their ventures (if any) out of their homes, so they wouldn't have a full staff of people. Plus I'm sure Al has more electron survalliance(sp) then the average person.. I'm sure I am only just beginning here.
I use $6.30 on electric a day. I am one person on a computer all day. No TV until the kid gets home.
I don't see this as a big deal.

QuickJet
02-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Am I the only one thinking that the average american doesn't live in a mansion and proberly do not run all their ventures (if any) out of their homes, so they wouldn't have a full staff of people. Plus I'm sure Al has more electron survalliance(sp) then the average person.. I'm sure I am only just beginning here.
I use $6.30 on electric a day. I am one person on a computer all day. No TV until the kid gets home.
I don't see this as a big deal.
You are missing the point. Al Gore thinks it's ok to pollute and use massive amounts of energy for HIS lifestyle while at the same time telling the average citizen to cut back and conserve. It's the same thing as Rosy Odonell telling everyone to ban guns and not shop at Wal Mart while all her body gaurds are well strapped to protect her fat ass.. Same thing as Nancy Palosi being Pro Union but NOT hiring union workers to build her California mansions. Same thing as Micheal Moore slamming Halliburton while at the same time owning millions of dollars worth of stock.
If these poeple believed in what they said then they would lead by example.

SummerBreeze
02-28-2007, 04:17 PM
Yeah that a$$ wipe I can't stand that mother Flocker

Trailer Park Casanova
02-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Didn't Gore also claim to have invented the internet?
Does he have a degree in Science or something?

Boatcop
02-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Didn't Gore also claim to have invented the internet?
Does he have a degree in Science or something?
He was in a congressional committee that approved funding for colleges to set up and expand the internet communications network.
Somehow that translates into "invention". :confused:

lewiville
02-28-2007, 05:08 PM
SNOPES has no info on this yet
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/gorehome.asp

SHOTKALLIN
03-01-2007, 12:35 AM
Is he willing to give up private jets for the sake of the environment? Are any of these rich tree huggers willing to give up their jet? until then they should be ignored and shunned as hypocrites.
just my .02:D

Magic34
03-01-2007, 01:26 AM
The problem isn't energy it is water. You all need to stop washing your vehicles with water. :D :D :D
That mansion must be well over 10,000 sq ft. Probably close to 13-15,000 sq ft with a bill like that.
EDIT: If any of you have jets too, dont wash them with water either :D

DEMOMAN
03-01-2007, 04:13 AM
The problem isn't energy it is water. You all need to stop washing your vehicles with water. :D :D :D
That mansion must be well over 10,000 sq ft. Probably close to 13-15,000 sq ft with a bill like that.
EDIT: If any of you have jets too, dont wash them with water either :D
Nice try. The real problem is that mansion-- Yeah the mansion! What he really needs to do is have about 10,000 sf of that sucker torn down.:D

SummerBreeze
03-01-2007, 06:33 AM
Al Gore SUCKS