PDA

View Full Version : Old Cell Phones

OutCole'd
02-27-2007, 10:12 AM
What are you supposed to do with them? Is there a charity that uses them? I probably have a dozen laying around the office, any ideas?

bunny 166
02-27-2007, 10:21 AM
What are you supposed to do with them? Is there a charity that uses them? I probably have a dozen laying around the office, any ideas?
You can donate them to a women's shelter--they give them to battered women to keep just in case they need to call 911. Even if there is no contract, as long as they are charged they will call 911 for free....Sometimes it saves a woman's life....

havasurat27
02-27-2007, 10:27 AM
Start a retired cell phone tree along Rice road like the shoe tree that once stood. I have a few of my own to hang.

Mandelon
02-27-2007, 10:27 AM
It worked for bunny. :)
Use them to scrape off the zebra mussels from your boat. :D
Hand them out like business cards.
Give them to your favorite employees.
Have McGyver make them into bombs, mail them to Bin Laden and then give him the call of death. Ring, ring, boom!
Learn how to juggle. And if one rang and you could answer it, you could probablly get on Letterman.
Ammo for water balloon fights.
Activate them and hide them in libraries. Periodically call, just to mess with the librarians.
Attach one to your neighbors dog collar. Then call later to freak them out. Woof, woof woof, grrrrrrrr.
Science expirements. Tall building, gravity.....you get the idea.
Glue one down to a bus bench. See who tries to steal it.
That's all for now.

RitcheyRch
02-27-2007, 10:32 AM
Thats what I did with mine. I took it to the Sprint Store and they have a collection box for them
You can donate them to a women's shelter--they give them to battered women to keep just in case they need to call 911. Even if there is no contract, as long as they are charged they will call 911 for free....Sometimes it saves a woman's life....

TOBTEK
02-27-2007, 10:33 AM
DID you get your video message today Bill :) hehehehe

lalhc
02-27-2007, 11:44 AM
You can receive service credits if you have Sprint or Nextel. Click on the link below for more details:
http://www.sprint.com/community/communities_across/index.html

LAND_LOVER69
02-27-2007, 11:47 AM
www.cellphonesforsoldiers.com
The phones are donated to our men and women in Iraq with prepaid calling cards attached to them. :)

RitcheyRch
02-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Didnt know that. Thanks.
You can receive service credits if you have Sprint or Nextel. Click on the link below for more details:
http://www.sprint.com/community/communities_across/index.html
Had known this would have donated my old phones to this.
www.cellphonesforsoldiers.com
The phones are donated to our men and women in Iraq with prepaid calling cards attached to them. :)

topless
02-27-2007, 12:59 PM
Phones4Charity The number is 888-846-0818

Boozer
02-27-2007, 01:29 PM
As you can see from the many posts here there are many different options for donating your old cell phones.
More then likely the most convenient option for you is stopping by a local wireless retailer and asking if they have a donation box. Many carriers have eliminated the donation boxes (mostly in part because their employees used them as their own personal parts stash) and now give you a postage paid bag that you place the cell phone into and throw into the mail.

Screaming Pete
02-27-2007, 02:01 PM
whatever you do make sure they are cleared of all your numbers and contact info. can't be to safe with your info these days :eek:

Baja Big Dog
02-27-2007, 02:41 PM
I heard you can trade them for hamburgers in L.A.

Powerquestboy
02-27-2007, 02:42 PM
There was a guy on the Phoenix craigslist saying he buys old cell phones. Might be an option.

Not So Fast
02-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Just dont let Jack Bauer get them back to CTU or he'll know everything and then some about your illegal dealings Bill;) NSF

scarabrick2
02-27-2007, 04:30 PM
target practice :)

dumbandyoung
02-27-2007, 05:54 PM
It worked for bunny. :)
Use them to scrape off the zebra mussels from your boat. :D
Hand them out like business cards.
Give them to your favorite employees.
Have McGyver make them into bombs, mail them to Bin Laden and then give him the call of death. Ring, ring, boom!
Learn how to juggle. And if one rang and you could answer it, you could probablly get on Letterman.
Ammo for water balloon fights.
Activate them and hide them in libraries. Periodically call, just to mess with the librarians.
Attach one to your neighbors dog collar. Then call later to freak them out. Woof, woof woof, grrrrrrrr.
Science expirements. Tall building, gravity.....you get the idea.
Glue one down to a bus bench. See who tries to steal it.
That's all for now.
:idea: