PDA

View Full Version : Life vests (PFD's)

Biglue
02-27-2007, 11:43 AM
How often do you folks replace them? What are the signs of them needing replacing?
In the past the kids have outgrown them but this last set, they had them 2 seasons. Seems as if the foam has a little more slop in their pockets within the vests. The straps still seem fairly good. One has a little mold spot on it.
What are some of the reasons you replace the PFD's you own?

Jordy
02-27-2007, 11:47 AM
If you put the vest on the kids, tie some rocks to their feet, throw them in the water and they don't come bobbing back up to the top, you should look into replacing them, the vests of course, not the kids. :D :D :D

yopengo
02-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Thread jack...
I need to get one (PDF) for my dog... who sells them? :confused:

Jordy
02-27-2007, 12:23 PM
Thread jack...
I believe REI has them. :)

djunkie
02-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Thread jack...
Petco

LakeRacer
02-27-2007, 12:45 PM
How often do you folks replace them? What are the signs of them needing replacing?
In the past the kids have outgrown them but this last set, they had them 2 seasons. Seems as if the foam has a little more slop in their pockets within the vests. The straps still seem fairly good. One has a little mold spot on it.
What are some of the reasons you replace the PFD's you own?
When it comes to saving a life; and you are unsure of the condition of yours, it's time to get new ones. IMHO, everything you just said means it's time to replace them.

Biglue
02-27-2007, 12:53 PM
When it comes to saving a life; and you are unsure of the condition of yours, it's time to get new ones. IMHO, everything you just said means it's time to replace them.
Funny, after reading my own post I came to the same conclusion.