PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Oil Companies...

Jbb
02-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Last week I filled up for $185.9/gal......today it was 225.9/gal.......nice:mad:
Oh yeah thats right...no gouging by anybody here....I know ...It's they're pump and they're pipeline......and If I want to teach them I wont buy gas....:rolleyes:

BoneDaddy
02-28-2007, 02:51 PM
I just filled up here in Orange California at the cheapest station I can find for $2.65 / gallon! Ouch!:jawdrop:

CA Stu
02-28-2007, 02:51 PM
It should be "Thanks Free Market!".
You pinko commie Hilary-lover!
Thanks
CA Stu :D

shueman
02-28-2007, 02:52 PM
Gotta beat last year's numbers...:mad:

Jbb
02-28-2007, 02:54 PM
It should be "Thanks Free Market!".
Thanks
CA Stu :D
A free market monopoly.....:D ...sure thing ....
...Would you like to discuss my thoughts on the Illegal Immigrant issue.....student?...

HighRoller
02-28-2007, 02:57 PM
I especially liked their reason for the sudden price jump. They said it was due to a "surprising" fall in oil reserves. Surprising? It's not like they woke up one morning and the reserves were gone. They turned off the spigot for a few days or weeks to kill off the excess and bring prices back up. I have no problem with people making a profit if they do it honestly. The oil companies are pissing on our heads and telling us it's raining. There's no doubt in my mind they are engaging in price fixing/manipulation.

Not So Fast
02-28-2007, 02:59 PM
But dont come on here and blast the oil companies for gouging because you'll be told it's the their right to make as much profit as they can, or go buy oil stocks or something about capitalism or some bull shit like that and it is BULL SHIT !!!!!! I hope they die in hell just like Bush's good ole boy friend Kenny Lay is doing for screwing the people of Enron :mad: NSF

hoolign
02-28-2007, 03:00 PM
Last week I filled up for $185.9/gal......today it was 225.9/gal.......nice:mad:
Oh yeah thats right...no gouging by anybody here....I know ...It's they're pump and they're pipeline......and If I want to teach them I wont buy gas....:rolleyes:
I know what you mean.. I have probably spent 500 bucks on Fuel in the past year ... and I almost feel guilty getting all that diesel for free :D "pay up sucka's" :idea:

CA Stu
02-28-2007, 03:00 PM
I especially liked their reason for the sudden price jump. They said it was due to a "surprising" fall in oil reserves. Surprising? It's not like they woke up one morning and the reserves were gone. They turned off the spigot for a few days or weeks to kill off the excess and bring prices back up. I have no problem with people making a profit if they do it honestly. The oil companies are pissing on our heads and telling us it's raining. There's no doubt in my mind they are engaging in price fixing/manipulation.
Oh good grief.
Do they heat the gas tanks, too? :rolleyes:
Overall, oil companies show less of a percentage profit than many other industries.
They're publicly held comanies, and as such their financials are public info. Pull your head out.
Thanks
CA Stu

CA Stu
02-28-2007, 03:01 PM
But dont come on here and blast the oil companies for gouging because you'll be told it's the their right to make as much profit as they can, or go buy oil stocks or something about capitalism or some bull shit like that and it is BULL SHIT !!!!!! I hope they die in hell just like Bush's good ole boy friend Kenny Lay is doing for screwing the people of Enron :mad: NSF
Crybaby.
Thanks
CA Stu

Jordy
02-28-2007, 03:03 PM
I hope they die in hell just like Bush's good ole boy friend Kenny Lay is doing for screwing the people of Enron :mad: NSF
Ken Lay isn't dead, he's hanging out on a beach in the Carribbean with Elvis and Tupac working on Tupac's duets album. ;)
With that kind of jingle, if you can't fake your own death, then you deserve to go to prison!!! :D :D :D

Jbb
02-28-2007, 03:05 PM
I know what you mean.. I have probably spent 500 bucks on Fuel in the past year ... and I almost feel guilty getting all that diesel for free :D "pay up sucka's" :idea:
:D

Not So Fast
02-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Crybaby.
Thanks
CA Stu
See what I mean???????
Jordy>>> Thats funny:D NSF

jdf
02-28-2007, 05:30 PM
you get free fuel to ...........hell yea

hoolign
02-28-2007, 05:38 PM
you get free fuel to ...........hell yea
Every lil bit helps make up for the chicken shit paychecks! :D

jdf
02-28-2007, 05:54 PM
Every lil bit helps make up for the chicken shit paychecks! :D i know what you mean my last one was 3,500

hoolign
02-28-2007, 06:09 PM
i know what you mean my last one was 3,500
I wish...my wifes my accountant/book keeper/account nazi :confused: I get an "allowance" ..saved up for some new sneakers this month..yep! somthing about me being irrisponsible with money..or some nazi shit likethat!

jdf
02-28-2007, 06:11 PM
i fill your pain i got to keep 3.50 for smoke's it's going to be a long month

CA Stu
02-28-2007, 06:13 PM
A free market monopoly.....:D ...sure thing ....
...Would you like to discuss my thoughts on the Illegal Immigrant issue.....student?...
Find the cheapest station and patronize them. Vote with your wallet!
As far as the illegal immigration issue, all discussing that does is piss everyone off, Just Blowing Bubbles.
Thanks
CA Stu

Jesster
02-28-2007, 06:59 PM
Oh good grief.
Do they heat the gas tanks, too? :rolleyes:
Overall, oil companies show less of a percentage profit than many other industries.
They're publicly held comanies, and as such their financials are public info. Pull your head out.
Thanks
CA Stu
OMG. I hope your not kidding. I actually agree with you on this. I have read and responded to your posts in the past and thought we were pretty much diametrically apposed. Somebody with some common sense in this area. :jawdrop: Congress had the same ideas about price gouging and fixing and couldnt come up with crap. Certainly not enough to push it any further.
The leader of OPEC made a statement the other day about them (Arab oil companies) liking the price of oil right now so would not be decreasing oil supplies unless it drops below the price THEY like. If you want to blame the price of gas on somebody blame it on them. OPEC accounts for about 60% of our crude oil imports. We import more crude daily from just OPEC than the entire US produces. If everybody wants to see lower gas prices then we need to become far less dependant on foreign oil. (Not likely any time soon)OPEC got used to last years spike in oil prices. They were happy with oil prices at around $30 a barrel now they arent happy unless its around 60. Blame that on speculators and the environmentalists who wont allow any more refineries to be built.
If anybody wants to be schooled on this one just tell Big Warlock oil companies are all crooks. That should be good. :D

Blown 472
02-28-2007, 07:27 PM
Huh??? did I read this right?

Blown 472
02-28-2007, 07:29 PM
Find the cheapest station and patronize them. Vote with your wallet!
As far as the illegal immigration issue, all discussing that does is piss everyone off, Just Blowing Bubbles.
Thanks
CA Stu
Btw, bubbles says hi.

BadKachina
02-28-2007, 07:55 PM
I never look at the price of gas. It's more of a pain in the ass to actually get the gas. It seems like what ever car I drive around here has been left empty by who ever drove it last. I only drive 5 miles to work, in a Ford Ranger most days. I rarely drive the Excursion. The wife drives her car but she has a company gas card, so the only time I really spend some money for gas is when we are traveling or doing things on the weekend. When it's for fun what difference does it make if you spend 80 or a 100 to fill up the truck or 200 instead of 250 in the boat? It's really not going to stop me or curb my pleasure use at all.

AzMandella
02-28-2007, 08:18 PM
I love the way people blame Bush and the government for fuel prices.If I remember right one of the first bills he sent to congress in his first term was to fund the building of more refineries and oil exploration in domestic areas.But the liberal ecofreaks and dems shot the bill down.The only way to bring oil prices down is to produce more than we import.Once we do that OPEC will drop their prices when we,the #1 importer of their oil,reduces our imports in half.They will be giving it to us.But that means more drilling and more refineries and the Dems won't let us do it.

talkinghead
02-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Am I concerned about gas prices - sure. On the other hand I put more value on my life - I'll continue to drive large vehicles for increased safety and spend a little more on gas.
Study after study has shown that the heavier the vehicle, the safer you are.
Hopefully one day large vehicles will be more efficient - until then I'll pay as long as I am able.
BTW: approx. 13% of the NRG contained in a gallon of gasoline is actually used to move your vehicle. Most of the NRG becomes heat. We can do better.

hoolign
02-28-2007, 08:55 PM
I love the way people blame Bush and the government for fuel prices.If I remember right one of the first bills he sent to congress in his first term was to fund the building of more refineries and oil exploration in domestic areas.But the liberal ecofreaks and dems shot the bill down.The only way to bring oil prices down is to produce more than we import.Once we do that OPEC will drop their prices when we,the #1 importer of their oil,reduces our imports in half.They will be giving it to us.But that means more drilling and more refineries and the Dems won't let us do it.
I wonder what Michael Moore has to say about it??

cxr133
02-28-2007, 08:59 PM
i thought you were thanking them for pulling out as they fawked you!!!!:eek:

lewiville
02-28-2007, 09:10 PM
WHAT HE SAID!

Jyruiz
02-28-2007, 09:14 PM
Did you guys read about this,
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070301/ap_on_go_co/price_gouging;_ylt=Ak2mXNf_n7zwdJd12StTSfys0NUE

AzMandella
02-28-2007, 09:15 PM
I wonder what Michael Moore has to say about it??
Oh I'm sure he would twist it till it looked like every penny would go into Bush's pocket.:D That fat assed moron is a bigger problem with this country than most of the politicians.I think he studdied Nazi propaganda tactics of the 40's before he started making documentaries.:rolleyes:

hoolign
02-28-2007, 09:32 PM
Oh I'm sure he would twist it till it looked like every penny would go into Bush's pocket.:D That fat assed moron is a bigger problem with this country than most of the politicians.I think he studdied Nazi propaganda tactics of the 40's before he started making documentaries.:rolleyes:
I'm not convinced that he 'twisted' everything around the first go. I don't think bush is smart enough to find a means to put it all in his pocket either! But senior is! which conseqently makes that "handy as hell" ( before you start in ...I know our leader is probably 80 cents short of a buck as well :D )
All anyone can do is speculate what the real reason is( and I've been in the industry for about 24 years) Sure reserves may be low , but I highly doubt it as drilling activity was at an all time high. Production was at an all time high..and with high production comes high storage/suspended wells( waiting to be produced.. reserves) There is definitley something in the wait here! The more they open the taps over seas, the worse it is here. OPEC does what it is told ( and by who greases em....) There is not a honest bone in any Goverment..they tell us what they want us to know..and that's it. As much as Moore is a radical and out there..I like people that question things and take a different outlook on them. The Goverments will never let out all of there info and plans..yet we all just listen and believe what we are told..naieve?? oh yeah..the majority of us are! it's a safe place to be!

CA Stu
03-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Am I concerned about gas prices - sure. On the other hand I put more value on my life - I'll continue to drive large vehicles for increased safety and spend a little more on gas.
Study after study has shown that the heavier the vehicle, the safer you are.
Not entirely true, you forgot the end of the sentence.
...the safer you are... in a crash.
Get a fuel efficient vehicle and drive defensively.
Nothing in this life is 100% safe, you could choke on a Jujube watching American Idol and die.
I reckon a good, conscientious driver in a well maintained vehicle is far safer than someone on a cell phone in a heavy ass pickup.
Thanks
CA Stu
PS In a Mini vs. Suburban, give me the 'burb every time, but if the Mini driver is on the ball, he can squirt out of the way and let the Suburban driver hit the train...:D

talkinghead
03-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Sorry, I thought the 'if you are in a crash' part was implied in my post.
I'm not even talking about scenarios such as: I am in a more manuverable mini cooper therefore I can avoid an accident. Maybe it's true, maybe it isn't - it's subject to many variables.
On the other hand, if you compare deaths in MVA's and SVA's per # of vehicles registered in a given weight class, the # of death's correlate strongly to vehicle weight.
The correlation is this: In general, you have a higher probability of death if involved in a SVA or a MVA (the lighter your vehicle is..).
Ofcourse nothing is guaranteed, but I might as well improve my chances if I am able.
BTW: I take no pleasure in these facts, and I think strides are being made to make smaller cars safer (ie. Honda Civic with it's safety cage design)

eliminatedsprinter
03-01-2007, 11:42 PM
The biggest winner in the sale of gas is government. Out here in Ca we pay more, for lower quality gas, than the rest of the nation purely because of our leftist politicians. :(

YeLLowBoaT
03-01-2007, 11:44 PM
The biggest winner in the sale of gas is government. Out here in Ca we pay more, for lower quality gas, than the rest of the nation purely because of our leftist politicians. :(
Thats not intirly true...the major reason why CA has crappy gas is trying to meet federal emission standards... why are we doing that you ask? simple if we don't meet them, we don't get money from the federal gov.

Jesster
03-02-2007, 01:13 AM
Thats not intirly true...the major reason why CA has crappy gas is trying to meet federal emission standards... why are we doing that you ask? simple if we don't meet them, we don't get money from the federal gov.
The problem with that is everybody has to follow the same federal standards regardless of state.
We have higher priced gas because we are taxed more heavily by our crappy state lawmakers.
Somebody mentioned getting gouged by a gas station, the one off of Goffs Rd on the 40 was 3.89 weekend before last.

TexasJet
03-02-2007, 06:12 AM
Might as well keep beatin' the horse since it ain't dead yet.:)
There are 7 "zones" in the U.S. and each zone requires a different blend of gas. The zone that Cali is in is the most strict in regard to pollution, hence that gas costs more to refine. Your right, all the major oil companys are making record profits. Because of this, they are also pouring hugh amounts of that money into the construction of new plants and upgrading many of the existing plants. I work in Houston and am in the engineering business. All the engineering companys in Houston are swamped with work. Salaries are up 10 to 30% over the last 1 1/2 years. What I'm saying is the oil companys are not hoarding their money, they are pouring it back into the economy. Over the years the Republicans have tried to pass legislation to allow drilling offshore of Cali and Florida and in parts of Alaska with no success. Up until recently it had been 25+ years since a new refinery was approved for construction. Check out the freeway the next time you are on one. In one minute, count the number of cars with only one person vs. all others. Even with the high gas prices, we still pay less than all of Europe. The USA consume 25% of the daily supply of oil in the world. Another big factor is China. If their economy slows down, there may be some relief at the pumps for us.