PDA

View Full Version : Drags At Ming

O.B eddie
03-16-2003, 12:25 PM
Just curious if anyone heard how the BBT'S did? Or anyone else?

Her454
03-16-2003, 12:36 PM
Thought you were going?

dossangers
03-16-2003, 12:38 PM
O.B eddie:
Just curious if anyone heard how the BBT'S did? Or anyone else? And give up his identity!!

BIGAMIST
03-16-2003, 01:52 PM
O.B eddie:
Just curious if anyone heard how the BBT'S did? Or anyone else? Saw Jim make a couple half track passes,looked good

scottys
03-16-2003, 02:06 PM
Saw the train (stix 818) make first pass in new capsule pro gas boat @ 122mph Sat.

pgf127rt
03-16-2003, 03:53 PM
Scottys, that was more than likely Stix dad Vince Nelson, as Stix is in his rookie season he is driving a Cole Flat open boat in the bracket classes. Thanks for the report.

Her454
03-16-2003, 08:09 PM
dossangers:
And give up his identity!! Too late. eek!

Johnwithjm
03-16-2003, 08:20 PM
Any info on how BBT did? I heard that no fuelers made a full pass is that true?

Monkey Bung
03-16-2003, 08:25 PM
I talked with BBT and he told me that NJBA would only let him do 1/2 throttle passes cause he was a new driver.

Monkey Bung
03-16-2003, 08:31 PM
Almost forgot no fuel boats made a full pass again :rolleyes: But SUPERSTAR TAH BLEW OFF A 5.32 at 217 THEN BACKED IT UP WITH A 5.30 at 218 MPH. eek! F@#CKIN GOT MY BALD MAN STIFF!!!!! :D

A.SNEED
03-16-2003, 08:41 PM
FAGGART RT

Sangster
03-16-2003, 09:30 PM
Monkey Bung:
I talked with BBT and he told me that NJBA would only let him do 1/2 throttle passes cause he was a new driver. WTF........ eek! eek!

A.SNEED
03-16-2003, 09:36 PM
HOW DO THEY NO IF HES HALF ARE FULL

haulina29
03-16-2003, 09:39 PM
you mean half or full of shit?

Rexone
03-16-2003, 09:42 PM
hay sneed u spel reel goud
29 hows the new amboy homestead coming along.

A.SNEED
03-16-2003, 09:48 PM
HEY BEEN DRINKING WITH RUDY TODAY LEAVE ME ALONE

Rexone
03-16-2003, 09:50 PM
nuff said lmao

A.SNEED
03-16-2003, 09:52 PM
no really rush kicked us outta his shop lol

Sangster
03-16-2003, 09:58 PM
Monkey Bung:
I talked with BBT and he told me that NJBA would only let him do 1/2 throttle passes cause he was a new driver. Damn Bung...Thats some funny shit...Where do you come up with this shit...Ha-Ha-ha..... :D

haulina29
03-16-2003, 10:02 PM
Rex One , been looking for billet wheels for the amboy trailer. It appears nobody make wide pattern 9 1/4 x 4 inch wheels . gota a source !!!
[ March 16, 2003, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: haulina29 ]

BigBoyToys
03-16-2003, 10:59 PM
BBT took second place in the final round today.... :D Only half throttle yesterday because....well, at the risk of potentially upsetting someone, I won't comment. But, Saturday is behind us, sunday is here, and I'm happy with taking home a trophy for my first race....We'll get them next race.
Had a great time there though....except for saturday morning that is (long story)

Mrs Big Boy Toys
03-16-2003, 11:01 PM
Her454:
dossangers:
And give up his identity!! Too late. eek! Yea,Too late... :D

BigBoyToys
03-16-2003, 11:03 PM
Sangster:
Monkey Bung:
I talked with BBT and he told me that NJBA would only let him do 1/2 throttle passes cause he was a new driver. Damn Bung...Thats some funny shit...Where do you come up with this shit...Ha-Ha-ha..... :D It's true...it's true. NJBA's new rules....New drivers MUST do a driving test. Was it full track 1/2 throttle or half track full throttle? I don't know, didn't know, and neither did the NJBA officials. They were ALL telling me different $hit. 1 would say 1 thing, another would say different....you could ask 4 different officials and get 10 different answers...WTF????
Oh well, it's done now and in the books and no more of that crap..... Now we're gonna run'em for the rest of the season
[ March 16, 2003, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

Hud
03-17-2003, 06:12 AM
Mrs.BBT, did you get any picture's?

Sangster
03-17-2003, 06:21 AM
BigBoyToys:
Sangster:
Monkey Bung:
I talked with BBT and he told me that NJBA would only let him do 1/2 throttle passes cause he was a new driver. Damn Bung...Thats some funny shit...Where do you come up with this shit...Ha-Ha-ha..... :D It's true...it's true. NJBA's new rules....New drivers MUST do a driving test. Was it full track 1/2 throttle or half track full throttle? I don't know, didn't know, and neither did the NJBA officials. They were ALL telling me different $hit. 1 would say 1 thing, another would say different....you could ask 4 different officials and get 10 different answers...WTF????
Oh well, it's done now and in the books and no more of that crap..... Now we're gonna run'em for the rest of the season Very Interesting..And Congragulations & a big Thumbs Up..Maybe they want to see if you can follow directions.. :D ... So, How did the boat run..Did they give you a time slip..et/mph?? :cool:

smalls
03-17-2003, 06:26 AM
BigBoyToys:
Sangster:
Monkey Bung:
Oh well, it's done now and in the books and no more of that crap..... Now we're gonna run'em for the rest of the season I missed the sunday runs, How fast did ya go??

Mrs Big Boy Toys
03-17-2003, 06:33 AM
Hud:
Mrs.BBT, did you get any picture's? I got a few. I will post them later today. :)

Johnwithjm
03-17-2003, 07:21 AM
BigBoyToys:
BBT took second place in the final round today.... :D Only half throttle yesterday because....well, at the risk of potentially upsetting someone, I won't comment. But, Saturday is behind us, sunday is here, and I'm happy with taking home a trophy for my first race....We'll get them next race.
Had a great time there though....except for saturday morning that is (long story) BBT what class did you run and how many boats were in the class. Sounds like you did good.

stix818
03-17-2003, 09:45 AM
Well I believe that all you guys that wussed out missed out. It only rained Saturday morning and it cleared up after that. Only made one pass because the old man lost the v-drive on Sunday. Saturdays pass was all that was expected except for the 9 flat at 129. My old man is having an interesting time getting used to the capsule. Hopefully we'll have better luck in Phoenix. Hope to see more of everyone there next time. Congrats to the TR-4 camp. I didn't stop by but saw some of the passes. Looked good.

jet4fun
03-17-2003, 12:11 PM
i must say i had an absolute blast at the drags this weekend... my award for most beautiful boat goes to the orange TAF with purple flames (dont know the name) it was friggin clean lookin... award for best pass goes to those 2 passes by faggart, they were just SICK. and although we didnt get any full fueler passes i still love hearin those things run :D
bbt it was nice meeting you this weekend, i hope you had a lot of fun at your first races... in case you dont remember which one i was, i was helpin jim brock out on his boat, and my buddy jeff is "bigamist" the skinny bastard
[ March 17, 2003, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: jet4fun ]

Monkey Bung
03-17-2003, 02:57 PM
BBT did you make one or two runs Sun.??

bt273
03-17-2003, 04:00 PM
BBT,Well what class was it? what #'s did you turn? How fast? Yes we need every little detail!!! CONGRATS!!!!Did you run by and say Hi to the MULLETS at the 221 pits?
[ March 17, 2003, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: bt273 ]

FLYTE RISK
03-17-2003, 04:12 PM
bt273:
BBT,Well what class was it? what #'s did you turn? How fast? Yes we need every little detail!!! CONGRATS!!!!Did you run by and say Hi to the MULLETS at the 221 pits? 273 what up good time down there I know the wedding bells and all but I must say the best race that I saw was darryn chrystal LEAVIN on the superstar at the light! Best hole shot goes to QUICK SHOT good job man that was COOL!!!!!!!! :D

Sangster
03-17-2003, 04:28 PM
Right on Darrin..... :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/118y71-med.jpg

FLYTE RISK
03-17-2003, 04:34 PM
Sangster:
Right on Darrin..... :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/118y71-med.jpg Sangster you should have been there quick shots whining blower was singin, seemed like before Faggart had his capsule closed.. As far as the prettiest boats Tr4 oh excuse me (loss"a"wages) And tycoon paradise (T-BAG) Were on top in my book, good job fellas no cal REPRESENTING Oh tr4 congrats on the win!!!!!!!!! wink

Sangster
03-17-2003, 04:36 PM
BBT's..Throw that time slip on the scanner so we can see it...Or are you gonna be like Flyte Risk And make us believe ya.....We will be puttin' our "TURDS" in the water next week or so...Need to know if we got a chance..... eek! eek!

Sangster
03-17-2003, 04:38 PM
flyte.... sounds like it was real deal..How did Guru do ..... :D

FLYTE RISK
03-17-2003, 04:56 PM
Sangster:
flyte.... sounds like it was real deal..How did Guru do ..... :D Guru wasn"t drivin this weekend. He did win A foot race with bungs little brother though he cut a good cross walk light crossin the street goin to the club :D As far as my slips I have them dont have a scanner though.I told you high 11s what dont beleive me? I will ski fathers day behind the risk boat! Trust me you will see!!

BigBoyToys
03-17-2003, 05:20 PM
I have time slips....But won't post them. I'll tell ya's straight up, the boat sucked all weekend. In the trophy run, I was about half track and realized that my face shield was still up (ooopppppss!), took 1 hand of the wheel to drop it, and got the boat a little squirrly. That was all it took for me to get out of it. After the run, found that we were only hitting on 6 cylinders.....F'ing boat!
We were fighting the motor all weekend and never quite got it together since we were the first run of the day saturday and sunday, and never really had the time to find the problem.... It's ok. I'll take the 12 sec. run (12.12) and the runner up position and run with it! The way the f'ing boat was running, I was surprised it even fired (I did have to fire it 3 times on the rope before it would stay running). It was a very frustrating weekend but a fun and educational experience. We will be back in April ready to go.....
We have decided to try something else for the April race...Stay tuned for more wink :D
[ March 17, 2003, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

77charger
03-17-2003, 05:30 PM
BBT how many passes did you have to take at 1/2 throttle.I am going next month and will be a new driver.My boss was up there this weekend he towed his nephews pro mod(the hillbilly) out there and is the one financing my racing season he said there were some serious issues on the start line though!

BigBoyToys
03-17-2003, 05:44 PM
77charger:
BBT how many passes did you have to take at 1/2 throttle.I am going next month and will be a new driver.My boss was up there this weekend he towed his nephews pro mod(the hillbilly) out there and is the one financing my racing season he said there were some serious issues on the start line though! Well, I won't go into the issues that I ran into as far as the licensing ( at least on the board)because I don't know who all reads this board and I don't need to be pissing off any more officials (again) eek! :D . I ended up having to make 2 licensing passes on saturday due to the old case of "the left hand don't know what the right hand is doing" and we'll just leave it at that. I was the VERY first boat that ran saturday morning AND sunday morning and HAVE NOT seen a reaction time on either of those runs. I did get a rt on my run saturday afternoon but that was messed up by my engine dieing on me while I was on the clock..... It was a messed up weekend for me that's for sure.....but definitely a learning experience.
If ya want the scoop on what went on for my licensing pass(es) pm me and I'll try to explain it or you can call me at home (phone number is on my website)
[ March 17, 2003, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

77charger
03-17-2003, 05:45 PM
BBt send me a pm then
thanks

Johnwithjm
03-17-2003, 05:49 PM
BBT how many boats were in the class and what class were you running in?

BigBoyToys
03-17-2003, 05:58 PM
77charger....you have a PM

BigBoyToys
03-17-2003, 06:03 PM
Johnwithjm:
BBT how many boats were in the class and what class were you running in? John, I ran SJ and there was 3 of us I believe on Saturday...But only 2 on sunday :confused: :confused:
Lakamps boat and I squared off in the first race of the morning on Sunday for the trophy and although I had him off the lights, I bobbled at half track (when flipping my face shield down :mad: ) and he went right on by me. he ran a 104 through the lights and I was getting out of it before the lights. Next race we have something for him :D :D It's already in the works and we started planning it on the way home.....

Johnwithjm
03-17-2003, 06:11 PM
BBT Congrats to you. I heard that Joe had someone driving his boat now. If it only ran 104 then it has slowed way down from last year when it was running 8.87 et at 120mph.

BigBoyToys
03-17-2003, 06:53 PM
Johnwithjm:
BBT Congrats to you. I heard that Joe had someone driving his boat now. If it only ran 104 then it has slowed way down from last year when it was running 8.87 et at 120mph. Yes John, Josh was driving the boat in the SJ class this weekend and Joe drove it in the brackets. I was talking to Joe and he was planning on letting Josh shoe the boat a few times this year in the SJ class....
This was Josh's first race also so I'm sure that it's just a matter of time before he's got the boat running up there with last years numbers..
As a footnote, Ron Segni was out there also with his boat and a for sale sign on it all weekend.... Wish I had $28000.00 to spare :rolleyes: Nah!! If I had that kinda $$ I'd be running some kinda blown deal.

Cs19
03-19-2003, 09:15 PM
that boat is worth every dime of that $28,000. best of the best.

Quickshot
03-19-2003, 10:49 PM
Just would like to thank everybody for the kind words, just love Drag Boat Racing and all the GREAT people involved in the sport ,ill try to get faggert next time (HA-HA) all you new drivers did Great . Darrin Christle Quickshot Quick shot -619

BigBoyToys
03-20-2003, 02:59 AM
cs19:
that boat is worth every dime of that $28,000. best of the best. Yep...I agree. But... No spare $$ laying around here. :D

BigBoyToys
03-20-2003, 03:03 AM
Quickshot:
Just would like to thank everybody for the kind words, just love Drag Boat Racing and all the GREAT people involved in the sport ,ill try to get faggert next time (HA-HA) all you new drivers did Great . Darrin Christle Quickshot Quick shot -619 Hey Darrin, I was out in Dixon yesterday talking to Mike G. He's trying to get his new TAH ready for the Next race at Ming. He said he hasn't raced at all since his crash at Red Bluff 2 years ago....(Has it been that long?). Mike also said that he thinks that Greg was only gonna run the TAH Anger Management boat at the IHBA races...
The next race at Ming should be really fun and interesting....
We will be there once again with a different boat possibly....

jet4fun
03-20-2003, 09:58 AM
jet4fun:
i must say i had an absolute blast at the drags this weekend... my award for most beautiful boat goes to the orange TAF with purple flames (dont know the name) it was friggin clean lookin... award for best pass goes to those 2 passes by faggart, they were just SICK. and although we didnt get any full fueler passes i still love hearin those things run :D
bbt it was nice meeting you this weekend, i hope you had a lot of fun at your first races... in case you dont remember which one i was, i was helpin jim brock out on his boat, and my buddy jeff is "bigamist" the skinny bastard i just reposted this because i was just wondering if anyone knows the name of that orange flattie, or who owns it???

Jetboatguru
03-20-2003, 04:06 PM
Jet4fun, The guy that owns it is Dave Ferguson. He is out of Grass Valley. Very nice boat

Fired Up
03-20-2003, 06:29 PM
BBT,
It was good meeting you this weekend. You are right about being a little confusing at first about the licensing pass. I asked Diane at the ramp before I launched and she confirmed for me what was needed. Hope you get your new set up for the next race. I won't make it because of work, but I'm all set for the May race. Funny you were running on only six cylinders I was only running on seven, must have been gremlins in the pits. Fortunately my fix was painless...only a push rod. After making the safety pass I picked up almost a full second and 5 mph! How was your trip to Reno early Monday? We ran into rain most of the way home Sunday night. The boat was a MESS. Fortunately I wrapped the ignition, carb/scoop and the tach.

O.B eddie
03-28-2003, 08:54 PM
BigBoyToys:
I have time slips....But won't post them. I'll tell ya's straight up, the boat sucked all weekend. In the trophy run, I was about half track and realized that my face shield was still up (ooopppppss!), took 1 hand of the wheel to drop it, and got the boat a little squirrly. That was all it took for me to get out of it. After the run, found that we were only hitting on 6 cylinders.....F'ing boat!
We were fighting the motor all weekend and never quite got it together since we were the first run of the day saturday and sunday, and never really had the time to find the problem.... It's ok. I'll take the 12 sec. run (12.12) and the runner up position and run with it! The way the f'ing boat was running, I was surprised it even fired (I did have to fire it 3 times on the rope before it would stay running). It was a very frustrating weekend but a fun and educational experience. We will be back in April ready to go.....
We have decided to try something else for the April race...Stay tuned for more wink :D So let me get this straight BBT ran an 12.12 at what M.P.H. Came home with a trophy 2 boats in the class BBT did you run the orange boat or what? And what did the winner run ET? Where is cal ***boat sayin it ran a 10.12 at red bluff sounds like sum bluffin to me..And ca hot boat why you sellin a blown motor you sayin BBT should buy whats the matter with the motor you sold him OOHHHHH I get it 12.12 Never mind I get :rolleyes: it...... :rolleyes:

cal***boat
03-28-2003, 10:26 PM
[/QUOTE]So let me get this straight BBT ran an 12.12 at what M.P.H. Came home with a trophy 2 boats in the class BBT did you run the orange boat or what? And what did the winner run ET? Where is cal ***boat sayin it ran a 10.12 at red bluff sounds like sum bluffin to me..And ca hot boat why you sellin a blown motor you sayin BBT should buy whats the matter with the motor you sold him OOHHHHH I get it 12.12 Never mind I get :rolleyes: it...... :rolleyes: [/QB][/QUOTE]
Well Eddie we all know how you have seen the light since your vacation but the boat did run a low 10 number almost 3 years ago at Red Bluff. Now after the boat sitting in my garage for over two years and only being ran two times on the water i would think that you would agree the the engine could use a little maintence to freshen things up a little.
Now BBT has done alot of work on the boat and engine since and i guess he has some gremlins, ie---> carbs, msd, alt etc.
As far as that blown 427 you don't need to worry about that one because it has been sold to a guy and it's going into a car.

BigBoyToys
03-29-2003, 02:51 AM
And that 12 that I ran was not the best run I had of the weekend. That 12 was the final in which I had to get out of the throttle at half track due to a little issue I had (my fault) when I realized I left my shield up and reached up to put it down and I bobbled a bit. Had to get out of it and be able to come back and race another day.

O.B eddie
03-29-2003, 07:03 AM
BigBoyToys:
And that 12 that I ran was not the best run I had of the weekend. That 12 was the final in which I had to get out of the throttle at half track due to a little issue I had (my fault) when I realized I left my shield up and reached up to put it down and I bobbled a bit. Had to get out of it and be able to come back and race another day. So what is the deal why is it a secret how fast you ran??? How fast was it why all the excuses ie: windshield face shield whatever what was the final outcome? Boat probably is not fast as you expected is it. They never are are they.Cal hot boat did you give BBT the time slip from red bluff? I did'nt think so . Well congrats on the trophy BBT better luck next time oh how fast did the winner go 9.75 is that correct and you ran a 12.12 boy whats that about 14 boat lengths Oh well better luck next time!!!!!! Hee Haww :D

Cs19
03-29-2003, 07:59 PM
12.985 @ 72.69mph.

haulina29
03-29-2003, 09:50 PM
Anybody remeber Dexter Tuttles half track liscense pass in Nitro Express at ming , 200 plus mph and set it 100 or so feet up the bank on the other end , It was also a leg on a ndba record lol , HMM go figure ,