PDA

View Full Version : WOOOO HOOO, found cat insurance. Help me find a boat. Help me sell mine!!

beaverretriever
02-28-2007, 05:07 PM
Here is the deal. I have to get rid of my boat first... :( I'm hoping to get $53,000 OBO for it. If anyone has seen it, they know it is sweet.
*I want to find a good USED cat 23-25ft maybe 26 feet (has to fit in the garage).
*No queery colors or graphics (I know, its tough on a few yr old cat). All white would be choice. If it does have graphics, they must not cover the whole boat so I can cover them with a different colored vinyl or wrap.
*500hp or less. I may be able to sneak a few extra hp by ;) .
*Lowest hrs possible or recent good rebuild.
*I would like to spend 45,000 or less.
Am I dreaming or do you think there is anything out there for me? What 23-25foot cats does everyone recommend?
Thanks for the help.

shippingguy
02-28-2007, 05:33 PM
Personally I think your price range may be a bit too low. How old are you willing to buy? If you want Merc power with that kind of HP you are going to be looking at either a 500HP or a Merc525 and I think it is going to be hard to find one in the $45k range. Just my .02. I know you have mentioned here on the boards about a the Ultra 23 Deck, but used you will not find any under the $62k+ range. If you can stretch the budget a bit you will open yourself up to a bigger market with more options. Again, just my .02.

beaverretriever
02-28-2007, 05:41 PM
Personally I think your price range may be a bit too low. How old are you willing to buy? If you want Merc power with that kind of HP you are going to be looking at either a 500HP or a Merc525 and I think it is going to be hard to find one in the $45k range. Just my .02. I know you have mentioned here on the boards about a the Ultra 23 Deck, but used you will not find any under the $62k+ range. If you can stretch the budget a bit you will open yourself up to a bigger market with more options. Again, just my .02.
Well, I have seen some Firehawks, American offshore, etc, around the 40-50k. There was a Talon on here too under 50k. Sick boat, but the graphics were not my style and too much to cover up, although I'm still thinking about it. I'm worried that I wont be able to fit 26 foot in our current garage though.
I love the 23 Deck. I just dont want to have a higher payment then I already do (it is low, because I put almost 30,000 down on our current boat). If I can get enough for my boat I may be able to go to the 50k mark.
I may be jumping the gun. Our main hold up was the insurance. Now that I got that, I don't know what to do...LOL.
First, I would have to sell our current boat, but I want to at least have an idea of what I can get. Age wise? I would have to say 1998 and newer. I should be able to find somthing.

shippingguy
02-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Well, I have seen some Firehawks, American offshore, etc, around the 40-50k. There was a Talon on here too under 50k. Sick boat, but the graphics were not my style and too much to cover up, although I'm still thinking about it. I'm worried that I wont be able to fit 26 foot in our current garage though.
I love the 23 Deck. I just dont want to have a higher payment then I already do (it is low, because I put almost 30,000 down on our current boat). If I can get enough for my boat I may be able to go to the 50k mark.
I may be jumping the gun. Our main hold up was the insurance. Now that I got that, I don't know what to do...LOL.
First, I would have to sell our current boat, but I want to at least have an idea of what I can get. Age wise? I would have to say 1998 and newer. I should be able to find somthing.
I understand completely. Your current boat is realy good looking and I think it is going to be hard for you to find an older cat with graphics and especially colors you will like. Obviously some of the above mentioned come all white so you may be ok. Best of luck. Either way you look at it you have a very nice boat already.

havaduner
02-28-2007, 05:48 PM
John,
Check your PM's

beaverretriever
02-28-2007, 05:48 PM
I understand completely. Your current boat is realy good looking and I think it is going to be hard for you to find an older cat with graphics and especially colors you will like. Obviously some of the above mentioned come all white so you may be ok. Best of luck. Either way you look at it you have a very nice boat already.
Thanks for the compliment (actually the boat thanks you).
I have always been a big fan of a clean all white cat with nice power. They never go out of style. I want a good hull; seats, hardware, and stereos can always be upgraded to the latest and greatest.
This is the Talon I was talking about. He is on here. I can't remember his screen name. This boat looks clean and is only 42k...
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/4/8/86903248.htm

shippingguy
02-28-2007, 05:50 PM
I have always been a big fan of a clean all white cat with nice power. They never go out of style. I want a good hull; seats, hardware, and stereos can always be upgraded to the latest and greatest.
Anytime. Keep us posted on what you decide to do or find!

beaverretriever
02-28-2007, 05:51 PM
John,
Check your PM's
Matt, you are a little slow on the draw, there is nothing there...LOL :D
EDIT... got it Matt, thanks... :)

havaduner
02-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Matt, you are a little slow on the draw, there is nothing there...LOL :D
So I got excited, and posted, er.... prematurely, sorry about that, I'll be good to go again in a little while.:D

beaverretriever
02-28-2007, 05:58 PM
So I got excited, and posted, er.... prematurely, sorry about that, I'll be good to go again in a little while.:D
As long as the prematurely stuff only happens on here; right?:D :D :D

dicudmore
02-28-2007, 06:05 PM
This is the Talon I was talking about. He is on here. I can't remember his screen name. This boat looks clean and is only 42k...
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/4/8/86903248.htm
James aka Skullinator

havaduner
02-28-2007, 06:06 PM
As long as the prematurely stuff only happens on here; right?:D :D :D
Thats my story!

havaduner
02-28-2007, 06:06 PM
James aka Skullinator
John, don't believe anything Dan types on here!:D

dicudmore
02-28-2007, 06:10 PM
ok here it is...
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/files/13137.jpg
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/files/13137_1.jpg
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/files/13137_3.jpg
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/page-13137.html
30' Motion 49K--make offer

dicudmore
02-28-2007, 06:11 PM
John, don't believe anything Dan types on here!:D
:devil: :D

havaduner
02-28-2007, 06:14 PM
But Dan, that boat is missing it's center pod training wheel thingy!:D

dicudmore
02-28-2007, 06:22 PM
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/page-14051.html
30' Spectre...need to beat them up on the price a bit...
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/files/14051_2.jpg

dicudmore
02-28-2007, 06:23 PM
But Dan, that boat is missing it's center pod training wheel thingy!:D
best I could do on short notice :D

beaverretriever
02-28-2007, 06:28 PM
Dan,
That would be nice, but I want to put it in the garage. These damn Henderson/Vegas houses don't have the nice 50ft deep boat garages; at least in my price range.
We actually would like to buy a house in Boulder City, and I know there are a lot of boat garages out there.
Honestly, I'm just not ready for anything over the 26 foot mark anyways. Being as meticulous as I am, it would take me 3 days to clean a 30 foot boat...LOL :D

dicudmore
02-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Dan,
That would be nice, but I want to put it in the garage. These damn Henderson/Vegas houses don't have the nice 50ft deep boat garages; at least in my price range.
We actually would like to buy a house in Boulder City, and I know there are a lot of boat garages out there.
Honestly, I'm just not ready for anything over the 26 foot mark anyways. Being as meticulous as I am, it would take me 3 days to clean a 30 foot boat...LOL :D
30' wipes down in minutes--garage?? store it in Havi for $175/month
since you mentioned boulder city--let me remind you that I am in that business :wink:
A wise man once said--buy your third boat first...the 2-3' itis came quick this time didn't it? It will again...30 is not that big once you're out on the water, and you'll be amazed how small these lakes are when you cruise at 90 :D
Any other objection, or should I call Larry on that Motion in the morning for you? I'm already leaving for ft Myers monday :rolleyes:

Havasu1986
02-28-2007, 06:37 PM
About the insurance part. I have heard its smart to not cancel your insurance on your old boat until you get your new boat insured. So you don't have a lapse in time where they can back out of insuring you. Is this true.:confused:

dicudmore
02-28-2007, 06:41 PM
About the insurance part. I have heard its smart to not cancel your insurance on your old boat until you get your new boat insured. So you don't have a lapse in time where they can back out of insuring you. Is this true.:confused:
yes...
its easier for them to say "replacement boat" than new policy all-together

beaverretriever
02-28-2007, 06:46 PM
30' wipes down in minutes--garage?? store it in Havi for $175/month
since you mentioned boulder city--let me remind you that I am in that business :wink:
A wise man once said--buy your third boat first...the 2-3' itis came quick this time didn't it? It will again...30 is not that big once you're out on the water, and you'll be amazed how small these lakes are when you cruise at 90 :D
Any other objection, or should I call Larry on that Motion in the morning for you? I'm already leaving for ft Myers monday :rolleyes:
You are killing me. LOL :D
If I'm going to get a big boat, its going to be a 42 foot MTI..;) Mind you, it will happen one day, but not if I'm buying 30 foot boats today..:D
I really like the smaller cats.
What do you guys thing about the Talon I posted? Matt (Havaduner) has one in mind for me as well.

dicudmore
02-28-2007, 06:51 PM
You are killing me. LOL :D
If I'm going to get a big boat, its going to be a 42 foot MTI..;) Mind you, it will happen one day, but not if I'm buying 30 foot boats today..:D
I really like the smaller cats.
What do you guys thing about the Talon I posted? Matt (Havaduner) has one in mind for me as well.
that Talon is bitchin'...I've been trying to sell one of my friends on it for months, then found him a screamin' deal on a 30' Spectre--hence I'm headed for a road trip monday :rolleyes:
Post up--whats Matt got in mind??
50K is 50K yes/no?? What difference if it is on a 25' Daytona or a 30' Motion...?? :idea:

dicudmore
02-28-2007, 07:07 PM
this should already be listed in the SPAM section (with PICS) and its prob safe to assume you have another window open putting it on boattrader now? Get it in the so-cal boat trader to move it...

beaverretriever
02-28-2007, 07:19 PM
this should already be listed in the SPAM section (with PICS) and its prob safe to assume you have another window open putting it on boattrader now? Get it in the so-cal boat trader to move it...
We want to take some good pics during the day. I will have it in the Trader by Sun.
I will throw up somthing in spam right now.

havaduner
02-28-2007, 07:40 PM
that Talon is bitchin'...I've been trying to sell one of my friends on it for months, then found him a screamin' deal on a 30' Spectre--hence I'm headed for a road trip monday :rolleyes:
Post up--whats Matt got in mind??
50K is 50K yes/no?? What difference if it is on a 25' Daytona or a 30' Motion...?? :idea:
I had told John where I know where there may be a 26' Rayson Craft with an HO in his original price range, Dan you are doing a great job of upselling. If I am not mistaken (which has been known to happen) the Rayson Craft is a Talon bottom with a pod, No?

dicudmore
02-28-2007, 08:23 PM
I had told John where I know where there may be a 26' Rayson Craft with an HO in his original price range, Dan you are doing a great job of upselling. If I am not mistaken (which has been known to happen) the Rayson Craft is a Talon bottom with a pod, No?
ah the ole Johnny Whitsett boats :D pretty sure its the same as a Carrera/Force bottom, which I don't honestly know is a Talon or not...(never seen one upside down) Talon is also a pod boat...
Upselling?? I am a salesman for a living--and a pretty good one (I think :wink: ) his price range said 40-50K...that Motion is 49K make offer, at a dealer--sounds negotiable to me...he takes trade-ins too :wink:
HO? go big or go home my friend :D I know I wouldn't have any fun with a 26' cat HO, and niether would you--so I certainly wouldn't push any of my friends to buy an underpowered boat...I see that as one day of driving, then the posts start--"what can I do to make my boat faster??"
At the same price point--would I rather be driving a 30' boat or a 26'?? Thats what he needs to figure out...
Either way he goes--you're safe...yours is still faster :D
Dan <----still trying to find stuff to throw over-board so his boat will keep up with Matt's :D

beaverretriever
02-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Either way he goes--you're safe...yours is still faster :D
Dan <----still trying to find stuff to throw over-board so his boat will keep up with Matt's :D
I will bring one less beer and put my wife in a smaller bikini. That should make me faster.;)

dicudmore
02-28-2007, 10:22 PM
I will bring one less beer and put my wife in a smaller bikini. That should make me faster.;)
sounds like a good plan to me :D

havaduner
03-01-2007, 07:03 AM
Give me the beer, put your wife in a smaller bikini and I'll FOLLOW your boat all over the lake!:D

Skullinator
03-02-2007, 02:45 PM
Did someone say my boat is underpowered. Just because it doesn't need 800hp motor to hit the 90mph mark, just makes it efficient not under powered find me another cat with around 500hp that can run low to mid 90's and still plane in just 2-3 seconds at half throttle.
plus the motor and drive are fresh just 8 hour's since rebuild so it is more like 550 hp to 600hp.

dumbandyoung
03-02-2007, 04:08 PM
a buddy is selling this 1999 25 daytona. brand new teague motor 90+ with very low hours..i think 20, imco drive, very clean boat wants 54k but about to take it to eliminator on consignment.. so he might give you a deal.. who knows.. pm me and ill put you through. the whole top is white simple graphics. the pics dont do it..believe me!..(shitty camera)
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/6531/25daytonamc9.jpg
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1205/daytonaonriverfi5.jpg

Kilrtoy
03-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Trust me that size is to small for havasu and Mead.... You will be very unhappy, Im being very serious
this is the best deal on the market right now
http://***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138775

Boatmaster
03-03-2007, 02:12 PM
Trust me that size is to small for havasu and Mead.... You will be very unhappy, Im being very serious
Ditto!!! Kick ass boat, reliable, clean, fast, big stereo and first rate ride quality. What more can you ask for?

TheCarDudes
03-04-2007, 06:54 AM
Just curious, how is a 25' Daytona too small for Havasu and Mead but a 26' DCB just a "kick ass boat"? Are we making the comparison strictly on the prices of these 2 boats or will the DCB be THAT MUCH BETTER than the Daytona in 3 to 4 chop. I'm new to having a lot of this type of info under my belt so I am just trying to find out if we are talking more on the factual side rather than what one or two individual's preferences are.
Secondly, if that DCB is such a great deal, why do you think it is still around? There are many people out there that can lay out the cash and flip a boat a few months later to make a quick profit.
Easy on the comments now fellas. I know my post count is just over 300 but I am waiving the white flag for peace.

acatitude
03-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Now Kilr how can that be the best deal on the market???? its a waker:D :D . seriously tho this boat is in norcal and a great deal for whoever buys it, runs great and looks great well taken care of. stay with a 26 and above...

Goodtime$
03-04-2007, 10:24 AM
Under 50k? you are pretty much looking at used 25 Daytonas, other brands, American Offshore 26s and the Talon 25, which IMHO is the best buy. Big motor, proven hull etc.
best of luck, i would just low ball a great buy and see what # you can meet on. IE a used 26 daytona, 27 Ultra, DCB, Force 29 etc. You will be happier with the bigger boat in the long run anyway.

Kilrtoy
03-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Just curious, how is a 25' Daytona too small for Havasu and Mead but a 26' DCB just a "kick ass boat"? Are we making the comparison strictly on the prices of these 2 boats or will the DCB be THAT MUCH BETTER than the Daytona in 3 to 4 chop. I'm new to having a lot of this type of info under my belt so I am just trying to find out if we are talking more on the factual side rather than what one or two individual's preferences are.
Secondly, if that DCB is such a great deal, why do you think it is still around? There are many people out there that can lay out the cash and flip a boat a few months later to make a quick profit.
Easy on the comments now fellas. I know my post count is just over 300 but I am waiving the white flag for peace.
Here is his comments
*I want to find a good USED cat 23-25ft maybe 26 feet (has to fit in the garage).
I know that he was looking at a 23 or maybe a 24 earlier on, That is where i directed my thoughts. What you don't know is that I sent John a PM stating that I would not go any lower than a 25 DAYTONA. the 23 and 24 cats will take a beating. Now I never said DCB is a kick ass boat. I simply posted a great deal that I am aware of.

beaverretriever
03-04-2007, 12:41 PM
I love that DCB. I don't it will fit in the garage. I just don't want to rent a spot right now.
I mean, seriously, I am very happy with our 23. I don't see how I could be unhappy with a 24-25 cat.
I really like James's Talon. I am not a fan of the paint, but that is fixible, plus it is 20k less than the DCB. 20k is 20k. We are trying to buy a house in Havasu, and the extra cash will help us right now.

THOR
03-04-2007, 02:01 PM
If you arent opposed to looking out of the southwest area meaning Cali or Nevada, then you will find some good buys in other states. Namely a used Daytona for around 50K that had mediocre power.
Good luck.

acatitude
03-04-2007, 03:46 PM
well if thaty dcb you love wont fit in garage then I guess your looking at 25 or 24 and below.. like previously posted, why not just go to the 26 now? why gfo from a 23 to a 24? stay there if thats all your doing.. my 2 cents. and if you had about 30k more to spend I could put ya in a awesome hpward,:D :D

dumbandyoung
03-04-2007, 04:23 PM
dude i just posted you the best daytona on the market for the cash! You will not find a cleaner daytona with that much horsepower for the price.
how big is your garage?

acatitude
03-04-2007, 04:57 PM
dude i just posted you the best daytona on the market for the cash! You will not find a cleaner daytona with that much horsepower for the price.
how big is your garage?
well dude if its so awesome why don't you buy it drivesniffer:D

beaverretriever
03-04-2007, 05:10 PM
well if thaty dcb you love wont fit in garage then I guess your looking at 25 or 24 and below.. like previously posted, why not just go to the 26 now? why gfo from a 23 to a 24? stay there if thats all your doing.. my 2 cents. and if you had about 30k more to spend I could put ya in a awesome hpward,:D :D
I fricken love that DCB, but with the 26 foot length and the whackers I'm pretty sure it wont fit. We are trying to buy another house in Havi with a big garage but we still go to Mead all the time and it needs to fit in our current house garage as well.

Boatmaster
03-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Main reason I spoke up is because I went from a very nice DCB rigged 25 Daytona with twins into the all white Mach 26 DCB in that add. And YES there is a night and day difference between the two boats in handling and rough water ride quality. If the 26 is to big for your storage and the 25 would fit, then the 25 is a great way to go. My old 25 Daytona was a great boat but no Mach 26!

beaverretriever
03-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Unfortunately everything depends on my boat selling. I'm actually going down to Havi tomorrow to have a look at Skullinators Talon. Most people I have talked to say that the Talon bottom is pretty good.
The only thing I don't like about Skulls boat is the graphics, but he says they are painted on, and I think I can take care of that.
I found a Firehawk as well. The graphics on it are ghey as hell, but there is not much to them and I could take care of them as well.
If Skullinators boat is nice, it will give me more reason to put my boat in the Trader tomorrow.
BTW, I keep looking at that fricken DCB. I just don't think it would fit with the whackers. If it had an I/O, I really think it would fit, and I might be making an offer although its a little more than I wanted to spend.

dicudmore
03-04-2007, 10:37 PM
garage this, garage that :D
John--you gotta have a look at that 30' Motion I posted for ya :wink:
49K "make offer" sounds like low 40's to me...you can park it at my house, just another excuse to go to Havasu more often :D
Unless you come back to LV with James' boat--then you're forgiven :D

dumbandyoung
03-05-2007, 03:29 PM
well dude if its so awesome why don't you buy it drivesniffer:D
me have deposit on boat right now.
So did you decide not to sell your bad ass howard?
oh and what is a drive sniffer?? haha

beaverretriever
03-05-2007, 03:47 PM
garage this, garage that :D
John--you gotta have a look at that 30' Motion I posted for ya :wink:
49K "make offer" sounds like low 40's to me...you can park it at my house, just another excuse to go to Havasu more often :D
Unless you come back to LV with James' boat--then you're forgiven :D
LOL:D
I went down to Havi today and looked at a few 25 footers. I dont think they will fit, so we are going to wait till next season and by somthing in the 25-30 foot range. I would be bummed getting rid of our beautiful new boat for an older one. We will shop next yr for somthing like that Motion or the white 26 foot DCB with whackers that was posted in this thread. Hopefully we will have a place to store the damn thing.
To tell you the truth, I saw a DCB22 that I loved, but you guys would shun me if I went to a 22 cat. I really like the DCB22, that is a sick boat.
If not what does storage cost for a 30-35 foot deep garage? I really like that DCB. If I had cheap storage, I would really be considering that thing.

acatitude
03-06-2007, 05:28 PM
me have deposit on boat right now.
So did you decide not to sell your bad ass howard?
oh and what is a drive sniffer?? haha
well Im thinkin on keepin the grocery getter. Im looking at moving to LHC now, instead of LOTO, so it will be the perfect river ride..... see ya drivesniffer:D :D

dumbandyoung
03-06-2007, 05:37 PM
well Im thinkin on keepin the grocery getter. Im looking at moving to LHC now, instead of LOTO, so it will be the perfect river ride..... see ya drivesniffer:D :D
Moving to Havasu could be the greatest thing you do.