PDA

View Full Version : Pontoon Boat Bass Vibration

KREGER
02-28-2007, 09:42 PM
Has anybody come accross a good fix for the Stereo Bass ratteling the side pannels against the railings on their Pontoon Boat at higher volumes?
I am thinking some kind of rubber/silicone to be wedged in between the pannels railings to lessen the vibrations comming off the hull.
I think the longest/best way would be to take out the seats and wedge and or glue something in the small 1/8 of an inch gap.
Right now I have the wolfers firing down. Maybe out in to the open would help. Any advice would be great. Thanks

Mr. Crusader 83
03-14-2007, 01:10 PM
Has anybody come accross a good fix for the Stereo Bass ratteling the side pannels against the railings on their Pontoon Boat at higher volumes?
I am thinking some kind of rubber/silicone to be wedged in between the pannels railings to lessen the vibrations comming off the hull.
I think the longest/best way would be to take out the seats and wedge and or glue something in the small 1/8 of an inch gap.
Right now I have the wolfers firing down. Maybe out in to the open would help. Any advice would be great. Thanks
yeah, dynamat will fix it

h2oski2fast
03-14-2007, 02:44 PM
1/8" x1/4" weather stipping (closed cell, it's black). You can get it at Home Depot.

TOBTEK
03-18-2007, 09:11 AM
easy fix...... sell the toon and buy my DCB. see how EZ that is :D

KREGER
03-25-2007, 08:31 PM
1/8" x1/4" weather stipping (closed cell, it's black). You can get it at Home Depot.
I will check it out. I need it bad!! Thanks

KREGER
03-25-2007, 08:32 PM
easy fix...... sell the toon and buy my DCB. see how EZ that is :D
It is a 2004 @ 4.9% with a $269 per month payment. What would be my new payment??? :)

ROZ
03-25-2007, 08:51 PM
You can spend a couple days with that stuff finding rattles using a freq. sweep cd :D not to mention sore fingertips from the glue backer... :(

KREGER
03-26-2007, 09:14 PM
You can spend a couple days with that stuff finding rattles using a freq. sweep cd :D not to mention sore fingertips from the glue backer... :(
I am leaning toward clear silicone. the places I will run it are out of sight.
Where do you get a frequency sweep CD? That would be cool!
Just picked one up from EBAY "Dolby Surround Test CD" Looking foward to it!