PDA

View Full Version : THE CHANNEL - New sea wall being constructed

ClownRoyal
03-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Construction just began on a sea wall for the island side of the channel (to look similar to the main side). The first phase will be from the Agave condos to the dog park. All trees, etc between the sidewalk and the water will be removed. Now for the kicker - they 'hope' to have the first phase done by Memorial Day. Until then it will be off limits. All in the name to cut the number of boats mooring in the channel.
Pics:
Orange temp fence put up below and above sidewalk...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Channel1.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Channel2.JPG
Main side
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Channel3.JPG

Run_em_Hard
03-01-2007, 01:04 PM
That will be ok, as long as the wall will be far enough back to be able to park a decent size boat.

MR HARLEY
03-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Great looks like I have to find a new place to hang out. :D

That Guy
03-01-2007, 01:07 PM
That will be ok, as long as the wall will be far enough back to be able to park a decent size boat.
Except for the fact that you are only going to be able to park 1/2 as many boats with the new space designations....:mad:

UnionJack
03-01-2007, 01:08 PM
wow really cool, it will make it nice

HatenWinter
03-01-2007, 01:26 PM
Aren't some of those trees living memorials? If so there's going to be some bummed out people.

Havasu_Dreamin
03-01-2007, 01:40 PM
It's too bad the trees will be removed but having the wall with mooring spots is a good thing I think.....

Magic34
03-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Figures they would wait until March to start this.
The peope running Havasu are borderline genious. I understand that the budget may not have been available in 2006, however, over 60 days of work without interference from the public could have happened already in 2007. Now they start the work when the season is about to begin.

Ziggy
03-01-2007, 01:52 PM
So they are spending 100's of thousands, maybe millions to build this wall so they can safely(you interpret that as you wish) ticket parking violators to generate a few thousand dollars annually.
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense:rolleyes:
Asthetically, it will improve the appearance in one way but the loss of shade trees is a huge negative. They'll end up spending more than the ticket fines generate for heat stroke EMT calls.
The timing of the construction is pretty "on target" too :rolleyes:

Singleton
03-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Figures they would wait until March to start this.
The peope running Havasu are borderline genious. I understand that the budget may not have been available in 2006, however, over 60 days of work without interference from the public could have happened already in 2007. Now they start the work when the season is about to begin.
He who has no boat to park, complain.
Just wanted to give you a hard time, now go get that new boat and change your avaitor.

ClownRoyal
03-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Aren't some of those trees living memorials? If so there's going to be some bummed out people.
Yes. They were digging them all up (the headstones or whatever you call them) and hauling them off in a cart. I would be very bummed out. I have seen alot of flowers and decor on the memorials for holidays, birthdays, etc. So you know there are living relatives in town.

ClownRoyal
03-01-2007, 02:06 PM
So they are spending 100's of thousands, maybe millions to build this wall so they can safely(you interpret that as you wish) ticket parking violators to generate a few thousand dollars annually.
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense:rolleyes:
Asthetically, it will improve the appearance in one way but the loss of shade trees is a huge negative. They'll end up spending more than the ticket fines generate for heat stroke EMT calls.
The timing of the construction is pretty "on target" too :rolleyes:
Maybe they can use some of that money and get rid of the rocks. :idea: If they want to reduce the amount of mooring spots at least make them moorable:idea:

ultra27jay
03-01-2007, 02:06 PM
this is gonna go over like a fart in church.......:confused:

Magic34
03-01-2007, 02:41 PM
He who has no boat to park, complain.
Just wanted to give you a hard time, now go get that new boat and change your avaitor.
With an automatic anchor and a dinghy, you're right, this doesn't even concern me. :D
I'm working on it, just need this Nordic to move and the second that does, my other deal is done!!!

Biglue
03-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Maybe they can use some of that money and get rid of the rocks. :idea: If they want to reduce the amount of mooring spots at least make them moorable:idea:
Bingo.
Than and dredge out the channels shallow spot towards Thompson's Bay. Who hasn't seen someone get stuck there on a busy weekend? That place creates a huge bottleneck for boat traffic.

Mandelon
03-01-2007, 02:53 PM
So no beaching during the work.....maybe parallel parking...with a bow and stern anchor??? :D
Its just too unfair that the world doesn't revolve around us. :mad:
I look at this as the typical problem of a few idiots spoiling it for the rest of us. Like you can't have beer or glass at the beach, some dipsh*ts get sloppy and everyone now suffers.
Sad but true.

slowinhavasu
03-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Just have a minute here, the sea wall was built to reduce the erosion of the sand and keep the chanell from filling it's self up....It had nothing to do with boat spacing at the time of the east side of the cunstruction.
I'm not really sure how effective it was...:idea:

Mrs. Bear Down
03-01-2007, 04:18 PM
How we suppose to get to the bathrooms??? This is DUMB!! Are they putting porta potties on the other side??? :confused: That side of the channel is important!!!

Ziggy
03-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Yeah, cleaning up the city side of the channal halfway between LB and Thompson Bay would be nice as well as where BigLue talked about(the creek runoff).
All in all it's not a bad project, just seems a little poorly thought out as far as timing. The tree loss does bother me tho. I'm willing to bet they will relocate the memorial plaques somewhere but to me thats kinda like moving a gravesite, in a spiritual way.
Regardless, it's not really where I hang out for more than an hour anyhow. I always feel like I should shower after being in that water.

Phat Matt
03-01-2007, 04:28 PM
How we suppose to get to the bathrooms??? This is DUMB!! Are they putting porta potties on the other side??? :confused: That side of the channel is important!!!
Step over the wall and walk? :confused:

Mrs. Bear Down
03-01-2007, 04:30 PM
But you can't pull up to it... the orange plastic fence is all the way to the water line!

Not So Fast
03-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Just have a minute here, the sea wall was built to reduce the erosion of the sand and keep the chanell from filling it's self up....It had nothing to do with boat spacing at the time of the east side of the cunstruction.
I'm not really sure how effective it was...:idea:
It sure didnt work in front of the condos by Channel mini mart (Jeffs place). It is so shallow there you can walk out 50 ft. they need to address some dredging IMO. The sea wall with mooring spots, jury is out on how that will work, should be interesting. NSF

Racer277
03-01-2007, 04:38 PM
You think the project schedule might go to hell once the bikini's show up:jawdrop:
It'll probably progress about as fast as the work on the outhouses on the 40.:(

bear down
03-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Once it's built no big deal..but during the construction of the wall it will be a headache finding a spot next to the agave inn and past the dog park.

Phat Matt
03-01-2007, 04:47 PM
But you can't pull up to it... the orange plastic fence is all the way to the water line!
If memory serves me right the dog park is just before the bathrooms there. Park there or pull up to the No Mooring spot and go quick. You could do the same thing to the right of the orange fence. I have pulled up there and offloaded people lots of times.

Phat Matt
03-01-2007, 04:48 PM
Once it's built no big deal..but during the construction of the wall it will be a headache finding a spot next to the agave inn and past the dog park.
At first I thought she meant with the sea wall.

havaduner
03-01-2007, 04:51 PM
Timing could have not been better. Some great spring weather will bring people out, and the areas that are open will fill up that much faster. Guess I wont be walking up for a sandwich or some chicken tacos anytime soon. Has there ever been any talk to improve the west end of the channel for mooring/beaching purposes?

riverroyal
03-01-2007, 04:53 PM
no way it will be done before that.Wonder how deep the footing is,my guess is they missed de-watering,change orders,delay,its havasu remember

Mrs. Bear Down
03-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Yeah that's true... but during the colder months, we are "channel sitters"... we spend all day at the channel soaking up the sun and the ICDB's and just run on over to the bathrooms when the blatter is full... ;)
this puts a damper in my liver damage agenda!!!:D

ClownRoyal
03-01-2007, 05:12 PM
I hope whoever is doing this knows what they are doing:rolleyes: Cause if the wall is not set high enough (back far enough) once the water level comes up then there may be no beach at all. That is pretty close to what happens now on the main side towards the Nautical docks.

Singleton
03-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Half of channel closed for wall, sandbar full of weeds.
Mini sandbar going to be a pain in the a@@ this year, if you can get up river. Has the river come up.
Time to find some new places to chill out this year.

riverracerx
03-01-2007, 05:17 PM
And the big Poker Run weekend is the same weekend as the big Spring Break Truckin' event. That should be a cluster that weekend.....
See you all there! :D

Magic34
03-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Mini sandbar going to be a pain in the a@@ this year, if you can get up river. Has the river come up.
Hence a big cruiser to hang out on makes sense. No beach needed. :D I am always 2 steps ahead.:) ;)

ClownRoyal
03-01-2007, 05:18 PM
.... The tree loss does bother me tho. I'm willing to bet they will relocate the memorial plaques somewhere but to me thats kinda like moving a gravesite, in a spiritual way....
The city worker I talked to said those trees have been there since day one. I am guessing back to the 1970s.

JB in so cal
03-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Hence a big cruiser to hang out on makes sense. No beach needed. :D I am always 2 steps ahead.:) ;)
Can I drop a duece in it?:)

Magic34
03-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Can I drop a duece in it?:)
Negative. Has 3 locks and finger print recognition software for access.
Remember, 2 steps ahead!!!

JB in so cal
03-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Negative. Has 3 locks and finger print recognition software for access.
Remember, 2 steps ahead!!!
Damn. Foiled, again.
I always laugh when people ask me if I have a porta potty onboard. Like I want to be dumping one of those, full of piss and caa-caa in 100+ degree temps.:sqeyes:
What do you have in mind? Silverton?

Magic34
03-01-2007, 05:30 PM
Damn. Foiled, again.
I always laugh when people ask me if I have a porta potty onboard. Like I want to be dumping one of those, full of piss and caa-caa in 100+ degree temps.:sqeyes:
What do you have in mind? Silverton?
express/sport cruiser style
My last 2 boats had vacuflush heads in them, but I could not begin to tell you how they worked. I wouldn't let anyone use them and I didn't know how to at that. Heck, my last boat had a sink that was never used.

riverroyal
03-01-2007, 05:32 PM
the magic34 in thompson bay:eek:

JB in so cal
03-01-2007, 05:32 PM
express/sport cruiser style
My last 2 boats had vacuflush heads in them, but I could not begin to tell you how they worked. I wouldn't let anyone use them and I didn't know how to at that. Heck, my last boat had a sink that was never used.
Except as a write off:)

Magic34
03-01-2007, 05:33 PM
the magic34 in thompson bay:eek:
That's assuming that I can get it in the water somewhere. If the water levels are down, I wont even attempt the trip.

Magic34
03-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Except as a write off:)
That's true.

riverroyal
03-01-2007, 05:35 PM
That's assuming that I can get it in the water somewhere. If the water levels are down, I wont even attempt the trip.
always launch there

djunkie
03-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Thats why I tend to stay at the south end of the lake. But don't tell anyone else. :D :D

djunkie
03-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Cool. I'll just tie up to you so I can look like I hang with the cool people. :D :D

Magic34
03-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Cool. I'll just tie up to you so I can look like I hang with the cool people. :D :D
LMAO... Dont you mean OLD people?

djunkie
03-01-2007, 05:43 PM
LMAO... Dont you mean OLD people?
Old people still like to have fun don't they? Well some do I guess. :D :D

phebus
03-01-2007, 05:47 PM
You pee in the lake. The water level is down, so it's called recycling. :D

bohica
03-01-2007, 05:49 PM
I'm surprised some tree hugger hasn't tied themselves to one of the trees yet.
Going to be a bummer for me until it's done. First stop is always the dog park, dam dog won't shiat on the rocks at home. It's going to be next to impossible to find a place to park near the dog park.

Ziggy
03-01-2007, 05:51 PM
Thats why I tend to stay at the south end of the lake. But don't tell anyone else. :D :D
I've never seen you in my part of the lake............
Now shut up about it.....................cuz it sucks ass down there. :D

Ziggy
03-01-2007, 05:53 PM
You pee in the lake. The water level is down, so it's called recycling. :D
Ever wonder why Parker water always looks so churned up and foamy :D:D

Duck
03-01-2007, 06:04 PM
A week before the election of the new council I was in the channel and saw two of the engineers measuring for the extension. After telling them their going to hell, I wrote a letter to the editor hoping for publishing (never found out), but the main thing I mentioned is the wall will limit the accessablity to the beach by the very young and the older, and there are a lot of both, who will be limited easily getting to the water by the height of the wall. In the summer it becomes a 120 degree barrier to cross. The mayor and council had told the "public" they would re-address son of former Mayor Jacksons eddicts. I would suggest mailings to him and the rest. It is something that will forever change the character of the channel and it would be doubtful it would ever be removed if built. We need a lawyer with a restraining order for this one:mad: :mad: :mad: .

phebus
03-01-2007, 06:08 PM
I wonder if there are provisions for the handicaped? The channel and bridge are the focal point of the city, and they may be making the channel inaccesable to the disabled. I wonder if the ADA addresses it?

ClownRoyal
03-01-2007, 06:11 PM
... It is something that will forever change the character of the channel and it would be doubtful it would ever be removed if built. ...one:mad: :mad: :mad: .
Once they build it will never come down. Another knee-jerk reaction by the Council judging the whole year based apon three holiday weekends.

ClownRoyal
03-01-2007, 06:12 PM
I wonder if there are provisions for the handicaped? The channel and bridge are the focal point of the city, and they may be making the channel inaccesable to the disabled. I wonder if the ADA addresses it?
Are you kidding me? This is Havasu and they have their heads up their arses.

echo
03-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Todays L.A. Times says Lake Havasu Water level will be down 25% this year.

havaduner
03-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Todays L.A. Times says Lake Havasu Water level will be down 25% this year.
Havasu water levels can only fluctuate a total of about 8 ft, so that would be about 2ft.

Phat Matt
03-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Yeah that's true... but during the colder months, we are "channel sitters"... we spend all day at the channel soaking up the sun and the ICDB's and just run on over to the bathrooms when the blatter is full... ;)
this puts a damper in my liver damage agenda!!!:D
Don't get me wrong. It's bad timing for sure. That is my favorite place to park at the end of the day and prepare for Club E-ticket. :)

Throttle
03-01-2007, 07:56 PM
always thinkin about yourself...

Mandelon
03-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Look at that bright orange fence. I didn't know DCB made fences.

phebus
03-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Look at that bright orange fence. I didn't know DCB made fences.
I think that it's just a big gill net to catch the people that try to drive their Rhinos down to the channel. :D

Mandelon
03-01-2007, 08:16 PM
I tell ya, I'm bringing two anchors and parking parallel. :D

Patyacht
03-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Looks like the mental midgets of the city leadership are at it again. Biggest revenue weekends on the horizon and they start this. No wonder cities are always crying the blues and raising our taxes to overcome their dumb knee jerk reactions.... and I'm thinking of moving there...... maybe not now.....

4DAY4PLAY
03-01-2007, 09:08 PM
You would think, although i have never seen a wheelchair ramp at the beach....or at any lakes that go to the water. there is access from above to all the shops, park, etc...just not to every point of the water.

Throttle
03-01-2007, 09:30 PM
this really sucks for the memorials that were there... I sure hope there is some plan to put them back...

Jyruiz
03-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Don't get me wrong. It's bad timing for sure. That is my favorite place to park at the end of the day and prepare for Club E-ticket. :)
And Club E-Ticket rocks, free admision and good music.:D

Throttle
03-01-2007, 09:47 PM
And Club E-Ticket rocks, free admision and good music.:D
sometimes includes an invite ondeck too:D :D :D

work2play
03-01-2007, 09:47 PM
The got a discount by the wall contractor if they could do it during spring break. The contractor got employees to work for a lot less more but nice scenery. But he is paying them by the foot not by the hour. Those workers will work so slow and get paid so little, that they'll qualify for welfare. Just kidding.

Not So Fast
03-02-2007, 06:35 AM
Has anybody asked why they started this now, seems sort of stupid to me. After all didnt we just have about 3 months of winter with no body down there? Whats wrong with this city, it seems no matter who is in office they make the same kinds of stupid mistakes over and over. Where is City Guy or Uncle Larry on this????? :confused: :confused: NSF

ClownRoyal
03-02-2007, 07:55 AM
Trees are being cut down and should be gone within the hour. Nice.:rolleyes:
I also noticed new 'No Mooring' signs in front of the Agave condos.

phebus
03-02-2007, 08:02 AM
Bottom line is that for boaters, it will be an inconvenience at the worst. Still have the rest of the channel, and the whole rest of the lake to play in.
The one effected the most, will be the Channel Island Market. A lot of their business comes from boaters that beach in that area. Sure would have been nice for them, if the work could have been done during the winter, when the boat traffic is negligible

HavasuUncleLarry
03-02-2007, 08:39 AM
The Sea wall is going up because the city has been ordered to stop erosion.
Complaints always go to those that have to do the job in this case the city. If you want to stop things like this get involved with the process... go to BLM meetings, go to Arizona State Park meetings. go to arizona State lands meetings...
Regarding the commet about readdressing items the last mayor and council did. With all the talk last summer only one new ordinance was passed.. That being the one where if you are overly intoxicated and do NOT i repeat do NOT calm down after being asked by the Local LE, then you can be arrested and the fine is $2500 instead of the simple $500 fine for being intoxicated in public.
NONE of the other items dicussed last year were passed nor does this current city council plan to bring them back up.
Regarding Dredging the Channel - that process is underway.. the Army Corp of Engineers has to give their approval before any and I mean any dirt or sand can be removed. Working with the Corp is a very long process... Again if you really care.. GET INVOLVED.. The four Agencies that have ultimate control over Lake Havasu are.. Army Corp of Engineers, BLM, Arizona State Parks and Arizona Game and Fish. Arizona state Lands and the coast guard also have a say it what happens.
Over the past 4 years their has been a group of government agencies, local and state agencies, along with representatives from numerous public and private groups have been meeting and laying out what the Colorado river will be like between parker and davis dams.. I have been at the meetings! Have YOU?
If you enjoy the lake its time to get involved.... Sitting around and complaining is easy... and accomplishes NOTHING... Always complaining about what the city does with out knowing the facts does nothing but continue to paint Lake Havasu in a bad light.
So my challenge to each of you who boat on Lake Havasu is get involved... Start by being a member of the Lake Havasu City Marine Association.. Then move on to being active in the political process at the Local, State and Federal level. Just so you know those groups that want to curtail boating on Lake Havasu are very very very very active in this process... Those meetings I attended had many people from the other groups that want to determine the future of Lake Havasu - the custom or performance boating world had NO ONE!
Enjoy the Lake if you don't want to get involved please stop putting down my city..
Larry "Uncle Larry" Reese
Smile and Enjoy... There will still be thousands of bikinis to enjoy this summer...

shueman
03-02-2007, 08:43 AM
Complaints always go to those that have to do the job in this case the city. If you want to stop things like this get involved with the process... go to BLM meetings, go to Arizona State Park meetings. go to arizona State lands meetings...
Regarding the commet about readdressing items the last mayor and council did. With all the talk last summer only one new ordinance was passed.. That being the one where if you are overly intoxicated and do NOT i repeat do NOT calm down after being asked by the Local LE, then you can be arrested and the fine is $2500 instead of the simple $500 fine for being intoxicated in public.
NONE of the other items dicussed last year were passed nor does this current city council plan to bring them back up.
Regarding Dredging the Channel - that process is underway.. the Army Corp of Engineers has to give their approval before any and I mean any dirt or sand can be removed. Working with the Corp is a very long process... Again if you really care.. GET INVOLVED.. The four Agencies that have ultimate control over Lake Havasu are.. Army Corp of Engineers, BLM, Arizona State Parks and Arizona Game and Fish. Arizona state Lands and the coast guard also have a say it what happens.
Over the past 4 years their has been a group of government agencies, local and state agencies, along with representatives from numerous public and private groups have been meeting and laying out what the Colorado river will be like between parker and davis dams.. I have been at the meetings! Have YOU?
If you enjoy the lake its time to get involved.... Sitting around and complaining is easy... and accomplishes NOTHING... Always complaining about what the city does with out knowing the facts does nothing but continue to paint Lake Havasu in a bad light.
So my challenge to each of you who boat on Lake Havasu is get involved... Start by being a member of the Lake Havasu City Marine Association.. Then move on to being active in the political process at the Local, State and Federal level. Just so you know those groups that want to curtail boating on Lake Havasu are very very very very active in this process... Those meetings I attended had many people from the other groups that want to determine the future of Lake Havasu - the custom or performance boating world had NO ONE!
Enjoy the Lake if you don't want to get involved please stop putting down my city..
Smile and Enjoy... There will still be thousands of bikinis to enjoy this summer...
EXCELLENT....:cool:

CityGuy
03-02-2007, 08:44 AM
Hello all -
The timing of the seawall construction is regrettable, however, the contractor is under strict instructions (and liquidated damages) to get the job done before the Memorial Day holiday weekend. I am told the original construction schedule was to be during the winter months, but the first set of bids were rejected and the project had to be rebid, setting the schedule back. We considered delaying the project until late fall, but the job is being done with grant funds administered through Arizona State Parks, and delaying the project could put that funding in jeopardy.
The seawall is not being done to control the number of boats or cut off shoreline access. The seawall is an erosion-control measure designed to help keep the beaches from ultimately filling in the Channel. The existing seawalls have been effective enough to justify extending them whenever the grant funding is available to do so. Yes, there will be mooring rings imbedded into the wall and in the future, mooring will likely be limited to one boat per ring, just like it is now on the east (mainland) shore.
The City is currently investigating the feasibility of dredging the areas of the Channel that have silted in as a result of storm runoff, particularly at the mouth of Pima Wash near Rotary Park. What may seem like a simple task, however, is made complex, mainly due to the fact that the river, the lake -and even the Channel- are federal waters and any dredging operation must be done under the control, approval and infinite wisdom administered by the US Army Corps of Engineers. It may take more time than we'd like, but we're working on it.
See you all this summer.
Charlie

Havasu Luvr
03-02-2007, 08:48 AM
But Uncle Larry........why is "Laser tag" outlawed in Moscow?.....lol

Not So Fast
03-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Thanks Larry and City Guy. NSF

Not So Fast
03-02-2007, 09:19 AM
After thinking of what you said here I gotta admit that getting involved is important. With that said I believe it takes a certain personality to sit through these meetings and proceedings and I for one am not that kind of person. I have been on various commitees and attended meetings with Buster Johnson (our supervisor) about property tax issues and I have even attended city council meetings here in Havasu. I found that the never ending amount of babble was unbearable and just could not take it. I mean 3 1/2 hours of nonsensical things that I had no interest in sort of killed it for me.
For all the people that can tolerate sitting in meetings please get involved as we need the support. For me, I guess thats why I worked outside my whole life. Sorry but thats just the way it is for me. Good luck. NSF

HavasuUncleLarry
03-02-2007, 09:55 AM
The reason their is no laser tag in Moscow...
The Moscow city government.. by a vote of 6 to 1 decided against it cause their was too much drinking and nudity at the events. Over the years they have asked those vistors of the "next" state over to settle down but that request fell on deaf ears...
Thus the only alternative was to ban this world favorite sport.. As they found out simply by complaining and NOT getting involved a favorite recreational activity had to be curtailed
Havasu Uncle Larry

DaddyMack
03-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Thanks Larry and City Guy.. appreciate the update and info!
Larry you are definitely right with regard to the getting invloved process, but what NSF says is right too...
What the getting invloved process doesn't take into consideration is the visitors, the people where most of a town like Havasu makes its income. These people don't have the time or money to come into town for every meeting, they depend on the elected leaders to understand that when the towns income is derived from visitors, those interests need to be protected, whether someone shows up or not. Most people will do their talking with their wallets and go somewhere that is more hospitable. I am not saying this is right or wrong, it just is.
Growing up in Las Vegas (actually third gen.), we see it here more than anywhere probably in the world. When your city's income is derived from the people that come to spend their hard earned money, you accomodate them, not create situations that would deter them to go somewhere else. Hopefully, the city leaders are able to weigh the concerns of the people that have the time to be at every meeting and support actions that would limit visitors with those that come into town to spend their money and suport the economy.

Kilrtoy
03-02-2007, 10:04 AM
Where the hell are the DCB'S gonna have their weekend meetings now:devil: :mad: :sqeyes:

Havasu Luvr
03-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Where the hell are the DCB'S gonna have their weekend meetings now:devil: :mad: :sqeyes:
LOL.........:D

HavasuUncleLarry
03-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Yes, you both make great points... and its understandable that as visitors you don't have the time to be completely involved. But some on these boards do.... And if any one does have the time or inclination, well it's those I hope will help when they can....
Does Lake Havasu do everything it can to accomodate "Custom/High Performance" boaters? Absolutely not but then this group must understand they are NOT the only reason Lake Havasu is a popular spot.. There are the families in the old ski/pontoon style boats, there are the bass fishing people both who also bring in lots of money, their is the jet ski/pwc world that brings in tons of money..
In addition locally we must please the car clubs, the jeep clubs, the winter visitors, the locals, the off road people, the motorcross people.. Not complaining just wish when i read these forums... bashing Havasu was not so popular... Havasu is growing it's NEVER going to be like it use to be.. Thats just a fact of LIFE!
Again come boat have fun but the bottom line is - if the lake and the city are so bad that you don't have fun, well then as my grandpa use to say.. Go some place where you can have the fun you want...
Enjoying LIfe.. waiting for the boaters to return its been a long long winter out here...
Larry

Force This
03-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Very well said

CityGuy
03-02-2007, 11:16 AM
For what it's worth, anyone is welcome to use me as a resource for communicating with Lake Havasu City government. While I am not in a position to set policy or get anyone out of jail, my office is located near the Mayor and the City Manager and I do communicate with them almost daily. Unfortunately, my workload does not allow me to visit this forum very often, so if you have an issue, question, or suggestion, please contact me and I will respond as quickly as I can.
Believe me, I can understand all the reasons why anyone would not want to sit through all the City Council and other public meetings (ask me how I know). And unless you want your comments to be heard in open session, you really don't have to be present in order to have your opinions acknowledged and considered.
Charlie Cassens
928-854-4212 office
cassensc@lhcaz.gov

Kilrtoy
03-02-2007, 11:31 AM
For what it's worth, anyone is welcome to use me as a resource for communicating with Lake Havasu City government. While I am not in a position to set policy or get anyone out of jail, my office is located near the Mayor and the City Manager and I do communicate with them almost daily. Unfortunately, my workload does not allow me to visit this forum very often, so if you have an issue, question, or suggestion, please contact me and I will respond as quickly as I can.
Believe me, I can understand all the reasons why anyone would not want to sit through all the City Council and other public meetings (ask me how I know). And unless you want your comments to be heard in open session, you really don't have to be present in order to have your opinions acknowledged and considered.
Charlie Cassens
928-854-4212 office
cassensc@lhcaz.gov
Yes I do and can you please pass this on to the LHPD. Attached is a picture of people that are not welcome in LHC or pretty much anywhere in society. These are the people that they need to target and remove not the families enjoying the city, Thank you very much, MIGUEL
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/192FLS.jpg

DaddyMack
03-02-2007, 11:34 AM
Does Lake Havasu do everything it can to accomodate "Custom/High Performance" boaters? Absolutely not but then this group must understand they are NOT the only reason Lake Havasu is a popular spot.. There are the families in the old ski/pontoon style boats, there are the bass fishing people both who also bring in lots of money, their is the jet ski/pwc world that brings in tons of money..
In addition locally we must please the car clubs, the jeep clubs, the winter visitors, the locals, the off road people, the motorcross people.. Not complaining just wish when i read these forums... bashing Havasu was not so popular... Havasu is growing it's NEVER going to be like it use to be.. Thats just a fact of LIFE!
I wasn't really talking about any particular group, just visitors as a whole. I for one, although on these boards, participate in a lot of various activites, but I have to say that boating brought me back to Havasu. But my boat is nearly 30 years old though... not so HOT... lol except in the summer.
Thanks for the info CityGuy!! That is an awesome offer!

Phat Matt
03-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Yes I do and can you please pass this on to the LHPD. Attached is a picture of people that are not welcome in LHC or pretty much anywhere in society. These are the people that they need to target and remove not the families enjoying the city, Thank you very much, MIGUEL
Put your family reunion pics away. LOL :D

MR.rvrluvr
03-02-2007, 11:55 AM
this sux
ok I feel better now

DILLIGAF
03-02-2007, 12:10 PM
this really sucks for the memorials that were there... I sure hope there is some plan to put them back...
I agree...That would just be wrong if they remove them and don't re-place them somewhere while taking into consideration a location picked out by the people that paid for them.

phebus
03-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Man, awfully tough on EAZYKILLER's group of kids aren't you? :D At least they took the bandanas off their faces. :)

Not So Fast
03-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Yes, you both make great points... and its understandable that as visitors you don't have the time to be completely involved. But some on these boards do.... And if any one does have the time or inclination, well it's those I hope will help when they can....
Again come boat have fun but the bottom line is - if the lake and the city are so bad that you don't have fun, well then as my grandpa use to say.. Go some place where you can have the fun you want...
Enjoying LIfe.. waiting for the boaters to return its been a long long winter out here...
Larry
We have lived here for 5 years now OK so I'm not a visitor. I still cannot tolerate sitting in a room and listening to 90% BS and thats what I feel most of the meetings are about, not all but most. JMO NSF

CityGuy
03-02-2007, 12:32 PM
The memorials will be replaced after the wall and the landscaping is completed. They have been removed for safe keeping during construction.
Charlie

phebus
03-02-2007, 12:37 PM
We have lived here for 5 years now OK so I'm not a visitor. I still cannot tolerate sitting in a room and listening to 90% BS and thats what I feel most of the meetings are about, not all but most. JMO NSF
You'd better never go drinking with me and my friends then. :D

Kilrtoy
03-02-2007, 12:39 PM
You'd better never go drinking with me and my friends then. :D
That is very nice of you to call me your friend:D

WYRD
03-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Then you better quit reading these fourms:D :D
In the political world, If you don't get involved neither will your opinion:idea:

dumbandyoung
03-02-2007, 01:16 PM
I think that it's just a big gill net to catch the people that try to drive their Rhinos down to the channel. :D
LMAO

Keith E. Sayre
03-03-2007, 08:43 AM
Mr. Charlie Cassens: I want to say thank you for contributing to our forums. You're the first one from our
city that has taken the time to read and respond and I for
one appreciate it. Even giving up your phone number.
Obviously, you recognize the need to communicate about
a subject that most of us are very passionate about.
Thanks again for your effort and if we can ever repay the
favor, please let us kno. You'll find that while we may get
a bit obnoxious on here, you won't find a more dedicated
and giving bunch of people anywhere.
Uncle Larry: Don't go acting all professional on us now.
Just because you have those new hotties working with you!
Phebus: Just keep smiling!
Kilrtoy: Thanks for stating the obvious. It's amazing
to me that those types shown in the photo create 99% of
the problem and are rarely on boats but boaters take most of the heat for the problems.
I'm done preaching now!
Keith Sayre

Not So Fast
03-03-2007, 09:03 AM
We went down this morning to see the area in question and you know who I feel sorry for??? JEFF AT THE CHANNEL ISLAND MINI MART!!!!! Very nice guy and one of the very few business's that has made a go of it in that location. Now that they have taken away (AT THE START OF THE SEASON MIND YOU) all of the mooring AND THE SIDE WALK from the dog park to the Agave he will surely struggle and thats a shame. I dont give a crap what excuse any one has, this is just piss poor timing by the city with spring break starting soon. Just another reason for people to complain about how this city works and rightfully so, are they planning any access for the handicapped or as in my case, old farts to get over the seawall??
I for one will make an attempt to visit the MINI mart for lunch as often as possible, I hope other HBer's do the same. I'm out!!!!! :( :( NSF

MR.rvrluvr
03-03-2007, 09:09 AM
We went down this morning to see the area in question and you know who I feel sorry for??? JEFF AT THE CHANNEL ISLAND MINI MART!!!!! Very nice guy and one of the very few business's that has made a go of it in that location. Now that they have taken away (AT THE START OF THE SEASON MIND YOU) all of the mooring AND THE SIDE WALK from the dog park to the Agave he will surely struggle and thats a shame. I dont give a crap what excuse any one has, this is just piss poor timing by the city with spring break starting soon. Just another reason for people to complain about how this city works and rightfully so, are they planning any access for the handicapped or as in my case, old farts to get over the seawall??
I for one will make an attempt to visit the MINI mart for lunch as often as possible, I hope other HBer's do the same. I'm out!!!!! :( :( NSF
I agree
we should stick together and help jeff out....just drop off some one and float around and pick them back up....these are good people and we don't want to see them go under

Mrs 2LKHVSU
03-03-2007, 09:19 AM
Jeff and Kathy have made a name for themselves at the Mini Mart. We will continue to buy our cheezy beef sandwiches and ice cream cones from them, orange net or not.

riverroyal
03-03-2007, 11:45 AM
no way it will be done before that.Wonder how deep the footing is,my guess is they missed de-watering,change orders,delay,its havasu remember
after reading all this,I change me finish prediction,its now september 07

707dog
03-03-2007, 01:49 PM
not from the area but will be visisting soon...i see you guys talking about everybody helping out and joining groups and meetings and good things for the area thats cool...but with all those boat manufacturing companys in havasu area maybe somebody needs to contact them for some backing and support with local water issues and doing the town meetings. that away you have business owners and corporate focks supporting the same cause...(if they are already doing it please discard this letter)...they use the area just as much as everybody else so why not be supportive just as much as a resident/visitor.....thats just 2cents of mine...