PDA

View Full Version : Latest Knee Shots

Faceaz
03-01-2007, 01:44 PM
Looks like I'll be setting off the metal detectors from now on. The surgery was last Thursday, so it's all downhill now.

wright27
03-01-2007, 01:47 PM
I take you had Knee surgery? If so what did you have done. I getting ready to have ACL repair.

wright27
03-01-2007, 01:49 PM
I see the pics now holy sh*t what the hell did you do.

Faceaz
03-01-2007, 01:51 PM
It was broken in about 10 spots between my Tibia & Fibula. Doc did a great job, but I'm not allowed to put any weight on it for another 7 weeks. Good luck with the ACL. Dirt bike accident.

wright27
03-01-2007, 01:53 PM
It was broken in about 10 spots between my Tibia & Fibula. Doc did a great job, but I'm not allowed to put any weight on it for another 7 weeks. Good luck with the ACL. Dirt bike accident.
That how I did mine to. Came up short on a double and drove my leg into the ground. Good luck with the recovery.

Havasu_Dreamin
03-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Remind me never to phuck my knee up THAT bad.....:eek: :sqeyes:

photo chick
03-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Wow you did mess it up!!! I've had 6 surgeries but never that intensive....I have two screws in one and three staples in the the other.
Good luck with healing and the always wonderful rehab!!!

SummitKarl
03-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Looks like I'll be setting off the metal detectors from now on. The surgery was last Thursday, so it's all downhill now.
FYI , I got held up today:rolleyes: , going at lunch Friday..:D .

rsoscia
03-01-2007, 02:34 PM
I've got a plate and 13 screws in my right ankle... been through the airport many times and haven't set off the metal detectors yet.

Dribble
03-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Two plates and 21 screws on the tib. Similar injury (on the dirtbike too). I set them off when the terror alert is raised. BTW you will always know that they are there.

photo chick
03-01-2007, 02:46 PM
I've got a plate and 13 screws in my right ankle... been through the airport many times and haven't set off the metal detectors yet.
How'd you do that? I've only set the detectors off in Europe a few times, their's are more sensitive than ours.

Faceaz
03-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Thanks Karl,
Good thing to know about the metal detectors, hopefully mine won't set them off.

rsoscia
03-01-2007, 05:01 PM
How'd you do that? I've only set the detectors off in Europe a few times, their's are more sensitive than ours.
I fell off a ladder from about 15 feet and crushed my right ankle , couldn't walk for almost a year. Been through LAX twice and the detectors dont go off... I do tell them first that I have hardware in my ankle.

Dribble
03-01-2007, 05:48 PM
Thanks Karl,
Good thing to know about the metal detectors, hopefully mine won't set them off.
I have no problem setting them off. I think they raise the sensitivity when the raise the terror alert.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/365DCP_0939.JPG

Jbb
03-01-2007, 06:50 PM
My wife underwent spinal surgery for scoliosis in 1999...30 hrs worth in fact on her lower back....18 hrs on the first,which got them 65% done....then laying in intensive care for 10 days to build her strength back up ....and then 12 hrs more....her back is the most interesting, and fascinating x ray I have ever seen......now her upper back and neck have failed....and she will have to go back for more...she has a disc in her neck pressing on her spinal cord......but first she is helping with her sister who had the same lower back surgery ...for the same problem Tuesday....same deal......halfway through...lost too much blood so they had to stop...she will get finished up next Tuesday......Long recovery.....
I guess everything is relative....good luck with the knee....
ps.....She says I need to sell my 21 Tunnel......apparently I wont be needing to bounce around the lake anymore...:jawdrop:

photo chick
03-02-2007, 05:39 AM
My wife underwent spinal surgery for scoliosis in 1999...30 hrs worth in fact on her lower back....18 hrs on the first,which got them 65% done....then laying in intensive care for 10 days to build her strength back up ....and then 12 hrs more....her back is the most interesting, and fascinating x ray I have ever seen......now her upper back and neck have failed....and she will have to go back for more...she has a disc in her neck pressing on her spinal cord......but first she is helping with her sister who had the same lower back surgery ...for the same problem Tuesday....same deal......halfway through...lost too much blood so they had to stop...she will get finished up next Tuesday......Long recovery.....
I guess everything is relative....good luck with the knee....
ps.....She says I need to sell my 21 Tunnel......apparently I wont be needing to bounce around the lake anymore...:jawdrop:
Wow Brian that's terrible, make my surgeries really sound like a cake walk. good luck to her!!
How much you want for the boat:D