PDA

View Full Version : FORD.. already having some troubles w/ 6.4

EmpirE231
03-01-2007, 02:05 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2007/02/26/news/international/ford_navistar.reut/index.htm?postversion=2007022611

Caribbean Jet
03-01-2007, 02:33 PM
I went and sat in the 08 F250 4x4 and that truck looks awsome inside. By far the best looking truck on the inside.

lewiville
03-01-2007, 03:08 PM
So Im wounderin if I could get a good deal on one right about now?

blown65
03-01-2007, 03:19 PM
Thats actually a few days too old. A judge has ordered Navistar to continue to build and ship engines.
http://today.reuters.com/news/articleinvesting.aspx?view=CN&storyID=2007-03-01T005100Z_01_N28428817_RTRIDST_0_FORD-NAVISTAR-ORDER-URGENT.XML&rpc=66&type=qcna

rrrr
03-01-2007, 03:30 PM
They aren't having troubles with the 6.4......they're having troubles with Navistar over a contractual issue.

havaduner
03-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Thats actually a few days too old. A judge has ordered Navistar to continue to build and ship engines.
http://today.reuters.com/news/articleinvesting.aspx?view=CN&storyID=2007-03-01T005100Z_01_N28428817_RTRIDST_0_FORD-NAVISTAR-ORDER-URGENT.XML&rpc=66&type=qcna
Why does a Judge have any jurisdiction in a dispute between a supplier and their customer?

YeLLowBoaT
03-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Why does a Judge have any jurisdiction in a dispute between a supplier and their customer?
They had a contract...a judge can( and do all the time) make the party(ies) envoled fofill thier contractual oblagations.

havaduner
03-01-2007, 04:57 PM
They had a contract...a judge can( and do all the time) make the party(ies) envoled fofill thier contractual oblagations.
I understand the contract part, but if one of the parties is suing the other party for not fulfilling their obligations (or asking for more than they are entitled too) doesnt that actually VOID the original contract?

Seadog
03-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Ford filed lawsuite against IHC for warranty issues. Because of the warranty issues, Ford supposedly was not paying IHC all that was due. IHC had better watch it. Despite their long partnership, Ford has the ability to move to another manufacturer. IHC makes a good product, but so does Detroit, and others.

blown65
03-01-2007, 05:12 PM
I understand the contract part, but if one of the parties is suing the other party for not fulfilling their obligations (or asking for more than they are entitled too) doesnt that actually VOID the original contract?
I would think that until its decided that the contract is VOID that they need to abide by that contract. They could always go back and say at so and so date re-imbursement is needed I would suppose. Just guessing.
Just like GM voiding my warrenty cause I'm suing them under the lemon law. Now tell me why my contract with GM is void cause I'm suing them for a vehicle I feel cant be fixed. I feel I should still have the ability to drive the vehicle till that time comes as to them either buying back the vehicle by court order or by me losing the case. So in the mean time I'm screwed and have no vehicle and make 1300 a month payments + insurance. BS!!

dmontzsta
03-01-2007, 05:12 PM
They aren't having troubles with the 6.4......they're having troubles with Navistar over a contractual issue.
Where is Jordy, he will set the record straight...with hate! :D

rrrr
03-01-2007, 05:37 PM
The parties go to court...the judge finds that the Plaintiff's allegations have merit and the lawsuit can proceed. The Plaintiff asks for a temporary restraining order forcing the defendant to perform until the hearing decides the matter.
Simple.

centerhill condor
03-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Ford is the big loser. You don't pay your suppliers you don't get supplies.
This is just more of the slow steady decline. Easier to get a judge to make things right than to run the company right.

Ziggy
03-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Read some time back that Ford was ready to dump International after all the 6.0 issues but basically gave them one chance to save their relationship with this new 6.4. If many failures occur watch how fast Ford jumps ship for another quality engine builder.

Burn504
03-01-2007, 06:05 PM
Ford is the big loser. You don't pay your suppliers you don't get supplies.
This is just more of the slow steady decline. Easier to get a judge to make things right than to run the company right.
actually as in all retail relationships with the mfr.
if you receive merchandise that is damaged or defective you hold payments until you get it resolved. If you continue to pay without resolution you are at the disadvantage.
Ford did the right thing.... and by doing so they got exactly what they wanted.

Zaairman
03-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Read some time back that Ford was ready to dump International after all the 6.0 issues but basically gave them one chance to save their relationship with this new 6.4. If many failures occur watch how fast Ford jumps ship for another quality engine builder.
Say it with me now children... Caterpillar :)

rrrr
03-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Say it with me now children... Caterpillar :)
:D :D Get some good 'ol Peoria Iron under the hood.....but Gawd the cost....:jawdrop:

havaduner
03-01-2007, 06:28 PM
:D :D Get some good 'ol Peoria Iron under the hood.....but Gawd the cost....:jawdrop:
How does the saying go,,,,
Do you want it good, ?
or do you want it cheap,?
Cuz you cant have it good and cheap
or something like that.
This is all another reason for me to not own a Ford.

havaduner
03-01-2007, 06:29 PM
I would think that until its decided that the contract is VOID that they need to abide by that contract. They could always go back and say at so and so date re-imbursement is needed I would suppose. Just guessing.
Just like GM voiding my warrenty cause I'm suing them under the lemon law. Now tell me why my contract with GM is void cause I'm suing them for a vehicle I feel cant be fixed. I feel I should still have the ability to drive the vehicle till that time comes as to them either buying back the vehicle by court order or by me losing the case. So in the mean time I'm screwed and have no vehicle and make 1300 a month payments + insurance. BS!!
What truck do you have??

centerhill condor
03-01-2007, 06:44 PM
Ford should build their own engines. but hey...cheaper not better! that's what the shareholders want.

beach gomer
03-01-2007, 06:49 PM
From what I've herd. Ford ownes Cummings,and had a deal with Dodge not to use it for 10 years.That 10 years is over.Ford is supposed to start putting those motors in the 09 trucks.Does anyone have any info on this?

AZJD
03-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Buy a GM! There is a reason we all drive them!:D :D

INSman
03-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Agreed ;)

RiverRatMike
03-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Buy a FORD! There is a reason we all drive them!:D :D
-------

HammerDown
03-01-2007, 07:49 PM
What's this "we" crap...ya got a mouse in your pocket?:D

redneckcharlie
03-01-2007, 07:56 PM
So I have a really good friend of mine thats a GM Tech, guess what? He drives a ford superduty, 05 to be exact! DOH!!:2purples:

MikeF
03-01-2007, 08:06 PM
From what I've herd. Ford ownes Cummings,and had a deal with Dodge not to use it for 10 years.That 10 years is over.Ford is supposed to start putting those motors in the 09 trucks.Does anyone have any info on this?
Then Fords will run as good as Dodges.............:devil:
That would be Cummins......not cummings.:jawdrop:

cc322
03-01-2007, 08:43 PM
Ford does not own anything not one % of Cummings, As far as a Cat engine talks are allreay in the works, in fact Cat supplies a diesel engine for ford out of country. With Navistar talking with Nissan to work on a Diesel engine for the Titan, I wouldnt be supprised if Cat was on its way in with Ford now that would be sweet.

cc322
03-01-2007, 08:45 PM
We all? I dont think so, If we all did then GM would be the #1 Truck in the WORLD;)

BadKachina
03-01-2007, 08:53 PM
Ford did own a percentage of Cummins at one time but has long since liquidated that stock......... There is no deal or relationship between them.

socalmofo
03-01-2007, 09:09 PM
You would think ford buyers would learn!
When someone says name the first truck that comes to your mind when you think of a piece of sh*t............FORD is the answer!
The f150 is hideous - the 250/350 is like driving a contractors standard issue work truck.
Ford's will always be junk!

cc322
03-01-2007, 09:15 PM
When someone says name the first truck that comes to your mind when you think of a piece of sh*t............FORD is the answer!
The f150 is hideous - the 250/350 is like driving a contractors standard issue work truck.
Well then they have been junk for 30 straight years. Oh yeah forgot to mention the F series has been the #1 best selling anything for 30 years, in the entire world.:confused:

blown65
03-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Must be why the new chev looks more like a ford now.

BadKachina
03-01-2007, 09:24 PM
http://www.chevrolet.com/i/pic/silverado/2007/photogallery/ext_gallery30.jpg

HammerDown
03-02-2007, 05:21 AM
http://www.chevrolet.com/i/pic/silverado/2007/photogallery/ext_gallery30.jpg
Nice bumper...rotflmao.

blown65
03-02-2007, 07:44 AM
Nice bumper...rotflmao.
shhhh, thats the new snow plow option.

AzMandella
03-02-2007, 08:03 AM
Ford should build their own engines. but hey...cheaper not better! that's what the shareholders want.
That's pretty funny.What do you drive? A Chebby with an Isuzu diesel. Can you say Jap Jap Jap.:D

rrrr
03-02-2007, 08:17 AM
I traded in one of my work F150s the other day.....a 2002 with 245,000 miles. Changed the oil and air cleaner regularly, and the spark plugs once.
Most of the time I turn them over with 150,000 or so......never have done a major repair on the last six F150s purchased since 2000.
And they aren't being driven by rocket scientists, either.

Jesster
03-02-2007, 09:15 AM
HATER!!! :D
Ford has had problems with the 6.0 Diesel but does that makes all Fords bad?
The brand loyalty in here is commendable but try thinking for yourselves. If Ford is making an engine that doesnt perform and you know it, don't buy it. Same with Chevy and Dodge. They all make good products they all have had problems with products at some time or another Ford just happened to have a problem with the diesel in their SD line. Chevy tends to have transmission longevity problems. (NOT the allison) Dodges have quality control problems, safety defects and questionalble service practices. (Not all dealerships) If these are things that you can live with then buy it, if not don't. I personally have had very good luck with my Ford and am about to purchase again. I will look at Ford and Chevy and Dodge and choose the one that best suits my needs. I will probably look harder at the Ford because of past experience and it seems the only real problems were with the SD line. If I decide on a 3/4 ton then I will either wait for a year to see what happens with the new Diesel or buy a Chevy because I like the Chevy better than the Dodge. What I wont do is exclude a truck because of brand loyalty and I'm not a !!!HATER!!!

blown65
03-02-2007, 09:37 AM
Personally we have a mixture of both GM and Ford in our business. They both hold up about the same for us. Engine wise, the Fords have held up better but they have had some trivial problems here and there. The GM ones have been good except it seems you have to replace injectors on every single one of them.

dmontzsta
03-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Each manufacture has its problems.
I had a 98 Expedition w/ 5.4 that lasted nearly 150k. No Problems.
My 99 Mustang GT w/ 4.6 has 128k. No Problems.
My 07 F150 w/ 5.4 300 miles, not a hiccup. :)
My Friends Parents old Aerostar had 300k. Just one trans, starter, battery, common.
I have a list of family and friends with Fords and only run in to the most common problems, battery, tires, brakes, starter, etc...
My Dads old 95 GMC truck? :D
120k - Starter, Water Pump, Battery, Transmission, Clutch, Motor, Thermostat, A/C Condenser, 2 Radiators, Blower Motor, Shocks, Alternator, POS TPI injection or whatever the ****, ECU. He ended up sinking TONS of cash into it, new motor that busted within 15k on a trip to the river, the damn clutch line snapped, it overheated, rod started knocking and thats all folks.
He sold it for a 90 F250 that ran from 80-100k with NO problems and then he sold it for a now 07 F50 LOVES IT.
Our old family camaro left me pushing it everywhere we went, I would be alone with my mom pushing the damn thing at 10 years old all freaked out.
Our old family monte carlo, was a bigger POS, everything was falling apart in that damn thing. One day my mom overheated with me as a little kid, she popped the hood and the radiator had burst open.
The list goes on.
I am sure everyone has had problems with one brand or another, it is all about which one you have been most successful with and trust the most.

Jesster
03-02-2007, 07:21 PM
I own a Ford. granted not a truck or an sd. However, it does have the 4.6L which is the same engine that you can get in the F-150. Ive had a few major problems (lost connecting rod bearing, transmission, etc..) and I also have a lot of friends that drive Ford trucks. Everyone of my friends with a Power Stroke has had some sort of issue. Weather it be injectors, egr, or valves. Everybody has had a problem with them and not just the engine either. The Ford Trannys cant handle much more power than stock (one friend lost his after putting on a six gun), one friend lost both motor mounts and transmission mounts on his '03 with 20,000 miles. And all the while my dad's '04 Duramax has had NO problems towing our 12,000lb. 30' toy box and he drives it about 35,000 miles a year. Oh and my '93 GMC Yukon 4x4 with the 350 in it has 140,000 miles and is still running like a champ. I think my decision is pretty much made for me. And Chevy is beter on fuel economy and price and has the allison in there too which is a proven tranny.
It's to bad you had so many problems. Don't buy a Ford I'm sure they wont miss you, :jawdrop: and they will still be the best selling truck in the US. :D I've got 157K on my 4.6 and the only thing other than tires, brakes, and oil changes is a busted exhaust manifold bolt. I've never even replaced a light bulb in it yet. Again, if another manufacturer has a better deal on a truck (read Chevy) when I decide to purchase, brand loyalty is gone at that point.

Zaairman
03-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Each manufacture has its problems.
I had a 98 Expedition w/ 5.4 that lasted nearly 150k. No Problems.
My 99 Mustang GT w/ 4.6 has 128k. No Problems.
My 07 F150 w/ 5.4 300 miles, not a hiccup. :)
My Friends Parents old Aerostar had 300k. Just one trans, starter, battery, common.
I have a list of family and friends with Fords and only run in to the most common problems, battery, tires, brakes, starter, etc...
My Dads old 95 GMC truck? :D
120k - Starter, Water Pump, Battery, Transmission, Clutch, Motor, Thermostat, A/C Condenser, 2 Radiators, Blower Motor, Shocks, Alternator, POS TPI injection or whatever the ****, ECU. He ended up sinking TONS of cash into it, new motor that busted within 15k on a trip to the river, the damn clutch line snapped, it overheated, rod started knocking and thats all folks.
He sold it for a 90 F250 that ran from 80-100k with NO problems and then he sold it for a now 07 F50 LOVES IT.
Our old family camaro left me pushing it everywhere we went, I would be alone with my mom pushing the damn thing at 10 years old all freaked out.
Our old family monte carlo, was a bigger POS, everything was falling apart in that damn thing. One day my mom overheated with me as a little kid, she popped the hood and the radiator had burst open.
The list goes on.
I am sure everyone has had problems with one brand or another, it is all about which one you have been most successful with and trust the most.
Mine: 1999 Ford F-150 4.6 automatic. 119K miles. Repairs needed: All 0 of em, save for oil, plugs, and upgrades. Isn't afriad to see 5400RPM. Can do over 120MPH (not stock). 16.2 MPG doing 85 mph.
Dad's: 1998 Ranger 2.3L 5 speed. 180K. Owned since new. New ball joints and alternator, plugs, wires, and a gas cap. Still on the original clutch
Bro's: 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 120ishK, 6 cyl auto. Owned since new. Plugs, wires, cat, muffler, transmission problems, etc. Been an "ok" car.
Mom's: 1995 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon, 350 LT1 V-8. 50K. Bought at 18K, was owned by a 90 year old guy before us. Biggest POS ever. Windows always popping off track, pissed oil since new (just got that fixed), on it's 3rd set of plugs/wires, EGR x2, and currently has a miss and an air suspension leak. But, it will roast off the tires.

Trailer Park Casanova
03-05-2007, 01:13 PM
We'll no doubt be buying the new Ford F450.
Would rather get the F650 but it won't tow a fifth wheel.
"Youse pays yours monies and youse takes yur chances"
- Popeye
"All animals bite"
- RD