PDA

View Full Version : two blade vs. three pitch question

rrrr
01-23-2002, 01:13 PM
I have a 15 pitch three blade prop on my 18' Howard. If I go to a two blade prop, would the pitch stay the same?

V-Drive Tom
01-24-2002, 02:03 PM
rrrr, the simple answer to your question is “yes.” But for a ski-boat like yours, do not go under 11½”-diameter. The two-blade will increase your RPM. If that takes your RPM too high, you can either add gear-ratio or get a 16-pitch propeller to begin with (this answer is given not knowing HP, RPM, and gear-ratio – to fine-tune my answer, I would need these numbers.

Costello
01-24-2002, 06:34 PM
Hey Tom nice to see you on the board here. Welcome http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif........... Gary

boat030
01-24-2002, 06:58 PM
rrrr, it would be very wise to listen to what tom has to say!!! i know this from quite a bit of knowledge i have gained from listening to him. not to mention some trophys and records that he helped make possible.(thanks tom)
michael T.

rrrr
01-24-2002, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the help. I was offered the opportunity to buy a two blade, but didn't really know if it was what I needed.

Stab-n-Steer
01-25-2002, 10:51 AM
V-Drive Tom,
It's great to see you posting! Great timing, I was going to call you this week about gears for my Hall Craft. I'm looking for around 15% gears for a 10 degree split case Hall Craft. The gears in it now are straight cut teeth. Got anything close to that laying around?
S&S