PDA

View Full Version : RHINO Insurance

EmpirE231
03-02-2007, 12:11 PM
yep.. another rhino thread :)
1) how many of you have your rhinos insured?
2) what company do you have it insured through?
3) what kind of premium are you paying (also throw in age/ violations/ special equip/ etc)
4) what kind of coverage would you want in a policy for your rhino?
those are just some basic questions... I'm researching a couple of markets for rhino insurance, and will be offering it soon. just wanted to get some feedback from people the currently have insurance or currently seeking getting some. or if you have a rhino and choose not to insure it.. why not?
thanks in adavance :)

Ivan Dan
03-02-2007, 12:36 PM
yep.. another rhino thread :)
1) how many of you have your rhinos insured?
2) what company do you have it insured through?
3) what kind of premium are you paying (also throw in age/ violations/ special equip/ etc)
4) what kind of coverage would you want in a policy for your rhino?
those are just some basic questions... I'm researching a couple of markets for rhino insurance, and will be offering it soon. just wanted to get some feedback from people the currently have insurance or currently seeking getting some. or if you have a rhino and choose not to insure it.. why not?
thanks in adavance :)
1) Mine is street licensed and insured
2) Allstate in Havasu
3) $255 a year for $13,000 value (30 y/o and clean record)
4) I have a $500 deductible for comprehensive - no collision as it will only be driven on the street maybe 4-5 times a year.

eman1625
03-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Ours is licensed and street legal in Havasu
1. progressive insurance $194 a yr.
2. full coverage collision and uninsured motorist
3. $500 deductible
4. 34 yr old and clean record

Jungle Boy
03-02-2007, 01:41 PM
Cheap up here.
- 109 Canadian dollars for full coverage, including theft, fire, collision.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/May_Long.jpg

stoker
03-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Anyone know where to get insurance for a CA street legal Rhino?

Ivan Dan
03-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Good luck getting it CA street legaled.

djunkie
03-02-2007, 02:00 PM
My friend is an allstate agent here in Ca and he told me its impossible to insure a RHino for the street legally. For offroad it is possible though.

EmpirE231
03-02-2007, 02:01 PM
Those are some pretty good rates!! I'm a CA agent, so I can only write business in california. I just ran a quote on myself for full coverage, and getting something around 350 a year... and that's for age 25.

stoker
03-02-2007, 02:21 PM
Good luck getting it CA street legaled.
It is already street legal in CA. When I registered it they didn't ask for proof of insurance. Now that the renewal is up I need proof of insurance.

stoker
03-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Those are some pretty good rates!! I'm a CA agent, so I can only write business in california. I just ran a quote on myself for full coverage, and getting something around 350 a year... and that's for age 25.
Can you insure my Ca street legal Rhino. I just ran a quote through Progressive and they wanted $1,000.00

EmpirE231
03-02-2007, 02:32 PM
I can only insure them for offroad use here in CA. but I bet you're gonna have a bunch of people hitting you up to see how you got it street legal in california.

Ivan Dan
03-02-2007, 02:36 PM
It is already street legal in CA. When I registered it they didn't ask for proof of insurance. Now that the renewal is up I need proof of insurance.
Out of curiousity how did you get it reg'd in CA? Did you do it like 3 years ago when the Rhino's first came out before the DMV caught on?

stoker
03-02-2007, 02:45 PM
Out of curiousity how did you get it reg'd in CA? Did you do it like 3 years ago when the Rhino's first came out before the DMV caught on?
I did it last year. It wasn't easy it took a couple of inspections and I had to do alot of running around. The rules for these things are really contradicting. Some codes say you can't register them, but others say you can if you meet a bunch of guidlines. Most people think that they can't be registered because of smog. Smog isn't even an issue because the law says anything under 800 cc's and less that 3 cylinders is exempt.