PDA

View Full Version : More Power - 2007 Tahoe

THATJEFFGUY
03-03-2007, 02:45 PM
OK what 's the best way to get some extra performance out of my new Tahoe ? I just put a K&N intake system on, and am planning to do the cat-back exhaust next week. I just don't want anything loud. Which programmer have you guys tried on the 5.3 liter motor ? Predator...Hypertech....any suggestions ??

Havasu Hangin'
03-03-2007, 03:04 PM
I have a Wester's tune on my 8.1 and it's been great. Here's some good reading (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64243) on the bigger motor mods.

BadKachina
03-03-2007, 03:37 PM
OK what 's the best way to get some extra performance out of my new Tahoe ? I just put a K&N intake system on, and am planning to do the cat-back exhaust next week. I just don't want anything loud. Which programmer have you guys tried on the 5.3 liter motor ? Predator...Hypertech....any suggestions ??
Best way to get more power out of a Tahoe? Sell it and buy a used Excursion with a Powerstroke..........;)

THATJEFFGUY
03-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Best way to get more power out of a Tahoe? Sell it and buy a used Excursion with a Powerstroke..........;)
Well, I had one...damn tranny blew up at 75,000 miles...so, no thanks !

BadKachina
03-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Well, I had one...damn tranny blew up at 75,000 miles...so, no thanks !
Oh I hear you, and if you have a gas motor Chevy with anything other than an Allison, I can give you a list of peoples names that have lost tranny's and ten bolt rear ends from towing. One friend lost his tranny with a 3/4 to Sub on the way back from Havi, left oil all over his boat and left him stranded. He ended up renting a U-Haul to tow his boat home. Niether are bullet proof. Funny thing is , I know two guys recently with Duramax's that had their computers crash. One was an 05, the other an 06. The 05 guy had a chip in his and the dealer refused to cover it. That's a nice 2k bill.............:(

johnny8052
03-03-2007, 06:38 PM
hypertech tuner