PDA

View Full Version : Miracles do happen...

HighRoller
03-04-2007, 04:51 AM
My wife and I had accepted the fact that we would never have kids because she had the Poly Systic Ovarian thing going on with her woman parts. My Mom passed away in April of last year and we've been in recovery mode since then.
Last week my wife told me she needed to go to Walgreens to get some "woman things". I assumed she meant cotton bullets but she told me it was more along the "EPT" line...While she was in the store I sat and wondered if she was ****ing with me... She wouldn't show me what was in the bag as we drove home.
Later she disappeared for 20 minutes while I played with our new Pug puppy. Then the door to the bedroom creaked open and she came out holding the test stick with a sheepish look on her face.
"Honey, we have a problem"....
She showed me the two pink lines and explained how that meant we were "pregnant"!!
I dismissed it, thinking that EPT was a joke.
I went to work the next day, expecting the 2:30 doctors appointment to confirm that it was a false alarm. 2:30 and 3pm came with no call and I knew it was only a scare. Then my phone vibrated and my wife changed my life.....
"Honey...We're pregnant."
I thought about my Mom and God in Heaven and imagined how they had rendered PCOS irrelevant with a snap of the fingers. As I drove home I realized my Mom had not died in vain. She passed away after being stricken with a rare form of lymphoma. She would have lived if it were any other form of the blood cancer because she was at Stanford. It was a rare form of cancer that brought her to Stanford and ultimately took her life two weeks later.
I don't know if God called my Mom home for the purpose of continuing the family, but I know that this conception is barely short of a miracle. My wife's doctor told her that by the age of 35 she would be basically barren due to the PCOS. She turns 35 on May 18th of this year.
I'm posting this because I want others who believe their chances are slim to know that there is always hope until you give up. We were very near the point of considering adoption when she got pregnant.
How lucky can a guy get? A pug puppy who lives to play fetch with me and a baby on the way in October.......

Havasu Hangin'
03-04-2007, 05:02 AM
Congrats, HR.
My advice to you is to start stocking up on your sleep right now.

HighRoller
03-04-2007, 05:37 AM
Actually, that's not a problem with me. I've been an OTR truck driver for years and can deal with getting up in the middle of the night. My wife thinks that's her ticket to ride!! "I'm gonna pump a gallon of breast milk and sleep for 8 hours".
Somehow I doubt it works like that.......

Kilrtoy
03-04-2007, 05:45 AM
Congratulations H.R.
Children are a present and bring a whole new joy to your life.
Glad to see your back

HighRoller
03-04-2007, 06:08 AM
Thanks Kilr. The good news is that my wife will soon have boobs as big as Mrs. Kilr. The bad news is that we won't have an F26 to tote the baby around in....

charlyox
03-04-2007, 06:25 AM
Contrats!

HocusPocus
03-04-2007, 07:11 AM
Congrats to you and the misses on then new puppy and the carpet commando on the way. i miss having babies around the house, we have 4 kids.. 5, 7, 12, 17, with no plans on having more thanks to a doctor and a couple careful snips.

Debbolas
03-04-2007, 07:41 AM
Wow!
Congratulations!!! :D
:clover:

Mrs.Killer
03-04-2007, 07:46 AM
Wow, congrats to you and the wife....make sure you take plenty of pictures of the 9 month process. You'll be amazed how much prettier she gets....:)

BigDoug
03-04-2007, 07:54 AM
That's great news and im very happy for you two !! :D

Mrs.Racer277
03-04-2007, 08:31 AM
Congrats to the both of you. :)

boatsnblondes
03-04-2007, 08:55 AM
Congrats bro, you made my day....the good Lord bless and keep you both......:)

Parker Dreamin
03-04-2007, 08:57 AM
what a great story bro...... that made my Sunday.

acatitude
03-04-2007, 09:10 AM
very kool......... congrats

RitcheyRch
03-04-2007, 09:13 AM
Congrats to you both.

little rowe boat
03-04-2007, 10:45 AM
That is awesome news. Children are truly a gift from god. My son is my greatest gift and joy of my life.

Queenbee
03-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Congratulations! That's such great news!

Biglue
03-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Touching story HR. It's both weird and amazing the way life works at times, huh? Congradulations to you and your Mrs. on the little one on their way.

voodoomedman
03-04-2007, 01:09 PM
Beautiful story!!! Congrats! I'm certain your faith in God helped.
Oh and pumping and sleeping for 8 hours isn't going to work. If she is going to breastfeed then she will have to breastfeed every chance she gets. Pumping is for the times that she cannot breastfeed because she is at work or somehow away from the baby. Even with the really good breast pumps there is nothing is strong or natural as the baby sucking so if the baby isn't sucking the milk production decreases. So basically you get up and get the baby and go back to sleep while she is being sucked dry.