PDA

View Full Version : Jump seats to full engine cover

probablecause
03-04-2007, 02:09 PM
Anyone ever converted their jump seats to a full lenth engine cover and added a long bench seat in the back, with a ram or actuator to lift the cover.

HTRDLNCN
03-04-2007, 02:20 PM
Havent done it myself but all it would take is to make it out of
marine wood then have it covered in vinyl+foam cushion.
It will look sportier but you will lose a lot of cockpit space.
My boat is only 21ft and I have a bigger cockpit than most
24-25 footers because I have the small jump seats and seperate engine cover.
I prefer function over looks myself :)

atxwrangler
03-04-2007, 02:23 PM
sounds like a nice idea,but,you would have to lift the cover every time you got thirsty!:D l.o.l. i would go through a lot of rams!

Bow Tie Omega
03-04-2007, 02:30 PM
I am in the process of doing it right now. I put the front bucket seats on 8 inch pedestals with sliding seat bases. I was concerned with knee space, so with the adjustable seat bases I could slide my seats forward. But the knee space ended up being a non issue. I am going to have alot of storage space under the cover. The actuator was $275, hardware was another $30. I had a switch installed and engraved on my switch panel. Will not actually have the cover on until I get the boat back from upholstery. I was thinking about building an ice chest under the bench seat. We will see.

probablecause
03-05-2007, 08:25 PM
I am in the process of doing it right now. I put the front bucket seats on 8 inch pedestals with sliding seat bases. I was concerned with knee space, so with the adjustable seat bases I could slide my seats forward. But the knee space ended up being a non issue. I am going to have alot of storage space under the cover. The actuator was $275, hardware was another $30. I had a switch installed and engraved on my switch panel. Will not actually have the cover on until I get the boat back from upholstery. I was thinking about building an ice chest under the bench seat. We will see.
Don't forget to take some pics.

Hallett19
03-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Keep the jumpers, it rides better back there, you get a great sound the the exhaust back there and chicks love sitting back there!! No Brainer:D