PDA

View Full Version : Mudflaps Needed (for a day)

Rev. Williams
02-01-2006, 02:34 PM
So I'm just minding my own business driving home from Hollywood video, when from the other direction (he had to flip a bitch) a friendly little law enforment man on his scooter was kind enough to pull me over and tell me that my tires stick out 1/2" to far on my truck.... Boy that sure was nice of him don't ya think! I sure am glad he took time out of his busy schedule of stopping a-holes running red lights and commiting assaults and such to help keep my truck safe. Then once we were stopped he went above and beyond his duty (I think) by letting me know that my tinted windows are also out of code. What a giver ! :argue:
So now to get this ticket taken care of I need a set of mudflaps for a day, so I can go to the LE office and have them sign it off as fixed.
If anyone has a set I can borrow for this I'd be very appreciative.
It's for my 2004 F150 with a 6"lift in the San Fernando Valley area.
Thanks

79 HUSTLER
02-01-2006, 02:40 PM
I have a set you could put on but they may be a lil to tall. They are 36" tall by 20" wide and they are set up to slide in and out of most hitches (inside the 3"(?) square tubing). Take a measurement and if they will fit I am always going through SFV.
KELLY

Rev. Williams
02-01-2006, 03:01 PM
I have a set you could put on but they may be a lil to tall. They are 36" tall by 20" wide and they are set up to slide in and out of most hitches (inside the 3"(?) square tubing). Take a measurement and if they will fit I am always going through SFV.
KELLY
That may be a bit tall, but I'll check it out tonight.
Thanks !!

Cole91
02-01-2006, 04:06 PM
So I'm just minding my own business driving home from Hollywood video, when from the other direction (he had to flip a bitch) a friendly little law enforment man on his scooter was kind enough to pull me over and tell me that my tires stick out 1/2" to far on my truck.... Boy that sure was nice of him don't ya think! I sure am glad he took time out of his busy schedule of stopping a-holes running red lights and commiting assaults and such to help keep my truck safe. Then once we were stopped he went above and beyond his duty (I think) by letting me know that my tinted windows are also out of code. What a giver ! :argue:
So now to get this ticket taken care of I need a set of mudflaps for a day, so I can go to the LE office and have them sign it off as fixed.
Thanks
Is your truck dark grey? maybe the same cop that pulled me over two months ago and gave me the same B/S ticket thought you were me, sense I have the exact same setup 2004 F150 lifted and wanted to remind me how much of a chicken shit he really is. :mad:

Rev. Williams
02-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Is your truck dark grey? maybe the same cop that pulled me over two months ago and gave me the same B/S ticket thought you were me, sense I have the exact same setup 2004 F150 lifted and wanted to remind me how much of a chicken shit he really is. :mad:
Yep, Dark Gray....... So maybe he was after you again !!! Damn It !! Maybe I can plead Mistaken Idenity?? :D :D

Mr. Crusader 83
02-01-2006, 04:22 PM
Thanks
go to pepboys and buy a set for $20 and get it signed off. then take them off and put them in the garage, because trust me you will need them again. i have had my truck for 9 months and got 2 tickets....

mike37
02-01-2006, 05:22 PM
would it not be easer to make your truck legal permanently
and avoid any future problems

AltarGirl
02-01-2006, 05:24 PM
would it not be easer to make your truck legal permanently
and avoid any future problems
Too easy. :rolleyes: :)

mike37
02-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Too easy. :rolleyes: :)
so thats not gonna happen
be careful thees bad guys are getting there passengers shot thees days :D

Garrddogg
02-01-2006, 06:50 PM
That may be a bit tall, but I'll check it out tonight.
Thanks !!
I have a pair but im in whittier, might be a drive for you..they are hitch mounted..

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-01-2006, 06:53 PM
Now this is funny, I posted a question about a similar occasion and I got flammed hardcore :mad: for trying to beat the "sysem". All I was doing was playing music! Alot of peeps bashed me because of loud music. Now the tables turn and everyone is so friendly :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Hmmmm makes me wonder.....

Jbb
02-01-2006, 06:58 PM
To protect and serve...... :p
Tell me...while Johnny law is busy ticketing all you HB members for tire,bumper,and window tint abuse.......who is taking care of the murderers,drug dealers,gangs,rapists,....and a few million Illegal aliens,who are sucking your State's resources dry?....Lowriver cant do it all by himself.... :p

mike37
02-01-2006, 06:58 PM
Now this is funny, I posted a question about a similar occasion and I got flammed hardcore :mad: for trying to beat the "sysem". All I was doing was playing music! Alot of peeps bashed me because of loud music. Now the tables turn and everyone is so friendly :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Hmmmm makes me wonder.....
who is being nice

77charger
02-01-2006, 07:31 PM
go to the local pep boys and buy the on sale specials they probably have a cow on them but heck who cares they work.
the beer is talking now

nodigg
02-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Somebody in political office must have gotten a pitted windshield and stirred things up again!

Boat Poor
02-01-2006, 07:47 PM
Hey Rev where in the valley did you get yours. Igot mine on Ventura Blvd 2 months ago. Some young cop . I think he is just jealous of nice trucks. I got a 9 inch CST with 38s x 15.5s. Barely sticks out1/2 inch. What a PRICK.

AltarGirl
02-01-2006, 09:13 PM
Hey Rev where in the valley did you get yours. Igot mine on Ventura Blvd 2 months ago. Some young cop . I think he is just jealous of nice trucks. I got a 9 inch CST with 38s x 15.5s. Barely sticks out1/2 inch. What a PRICK.
Watch out for the coppers, they'll try & get you every time! :p
http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/drowned/iroc-cop.gif

Rev. Williams
02-01-2006, 09:25 PM
I was going North on Balboa, just crossing Devonshire. This guy was pretty young too. I forgot his name, I could check the ticket.

AltarGirl
02-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Side note: this pooping dog avatar is just too much for me. I think it should be retired to something more be-fitting the Rev. :idea: :idea: :p
Mull it round, do the numbers, but come up w/something!

SoCal_fun
02-02-2006, 03:56 AM
In support of some of the guys out there, I got a speeding ticket on the 14fwy a few months ago and the guy just gave me a warning for the tires sticking out and the tinted windows.
Maybe he felt bad enough for the 80mph ticket.....
Anyway, just saying, there not all assholes! :rolleyes:

JetBoatRich
02-02-2006, 04:19 AM
I was going North on Balboa, just crossing Devonshire. This guy was pretty young too. I forgot his name, I could check the ticket.
was his name Miguel :rolleyes:
but he is not young :rolleyes:

a catered life
02-02-2006, 07:33 AM
i feel your pain......not a rev thing just a ***boat thing :yuk:

riverracerx
02-02-2006, 08:19 AM
Hey Cole, was that you waving last Saturday from the nice grey F150? I was on my way to the boat show but had to drop off the kid at gramma house first.
Wanna trade for an Escalade.
Hey Jerry, post a pick of your rig. I am looking at a new F150 right now. How tall is it with the 6" lift. I can't go over 6'8" at work. :(

Rev. Williams
02-02-2006, 09:28 AM
Hey Jerry, post a pick of your rig. I am looking at a new F150 right now. How tall is it with the 6" lift. I can't go over 6'8" at work. :(
No Escalade for me. :D
I can't view the HB Image Center from my office, so I'll have to post the pics of my truck tonight. I'm pretty sure my truck is taller then 6'8" I was just at St. Joseph Hospital in Burbank last week and their parking was 6'8" and there wasn't a chance in hell I was going to fit!

riverracerx
02-02-2006, 10:15 AM
I want my old white one back. Can't believe I sold it. D'uh.

Biglue
02-02-2006, 10:21 AM
Yeah but you "earned" it. :rolleyes: :crossx:

MudPumper
02-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Waaaaahhh, I broke the law and got a ticket. Waaahhhhh, my truck wasn't in compliance with the C.V.C. Waaaahhhhh :cry: :cry: :D :wink:

YeLLowBoaT
02-02-2006, 11:27 AM
Waaaaahhh, I broke the law and got a ticket. Waaahhhhh, my truck wasn't in compliance with the C.V.C. Waaaahhhhh :cry: :cry: :D :wink:
LOL

Rev. Williams
02-02-2006, 11:56 AM
I want my old white one back. Can't believe I sold it. D'uh.
I think I still have the pics from it when I wanted to buy it.... Will that help ya?? :D :D
That was a nice truck!!!

Cole91
02-02-2006, 11:59 AM
Hey Cole, was that you waving last Saturday from the nice grey F150? I was on my way to the boat show but had to drop off the kid at gramma house first.
Yes, as a matter of fact it was me. we were on our way to the show as well. Nice to meet you kinda :p We will definitly have to hook up on the water this Spring/Summer. :crossx:

Kilrtoy
02-02-2006, 12:24 PM
So a Motorcop, whose sole purpuse is to write tickets, did his job...
Every vehicle I have owned has or has had broken/cracked front windowshield, because of the COOL GUYS with their BIG trucks and NO mud flaps. These are the same guys that spend a TON of cash on making their trucks look this cool, CAN'T even afford to pay someone to adjust their headlights and stop them from BLINDING everyone.......
Not picking on ya REV, but come on........

rrrr
02-02-2006, 12:27 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Were you in a school zone when you got pulled over?
:crossx: :crossx: :rollside:

BIGAMIST
02-02-2006, 12:53 PM
You guys are a bunch of jokers :hammerhea :D

Rev. Williams
02-02-2006, 01:49 PM
Every vehicle I have owned has or has had broken/cracked front windowshield, because of the COOL GUYS with their BIG trucks and NO mud flaps. These are the same guys that spend a TON of cash on making their trucks look this cool, CAN'T even afford to pay someone to adjust their headlights and stop them from BLINDING everyone.......
No, I hear ya Kilr... That's why I wasn't saying anything bad. Sure I was being a bit sarcastic about it, but nothing bad. I have a few friends in LE and I know what they deal with daily. It's a thankless job (from the public that is) and I feel bad for them at times.
I was really just looking for a set of mudflaps from fellow members here whom typically have the same type of truck as me.

riverracerx
02-02-2006, 04:33 PM
How big are your tires? 35"s shouldn't stick out too bad? Are they 12.5's?
What is your truck never came with mudflaps in the fist place?

Rev. Williams
02-02-2006, 04:52 PM
How big are your tires? 35"s shouldn't stick out too bad? Are they 12.5's?
What is your truck never came with mudflaps in the fist place?
There only 31.5 or 33?? I'm not positive, but I do know there not 35's
I have the FX4 with the fender flare type thing, so I guess they felt it was enough for a 4 x 4, so no real mudflaps.

KROOZIN
02-02-2006, 05:20 PM
sheck out these bad boyz....
http://www.mudflaps.com/

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-02-2006, 07:48 PM
Tell me...while Johnny law is busy ticketing all you HB members for tire,bumper,and window tint abuse.......who is taking care of the murderers,drug dealers,gangs,rapists,....and a few million Illegal aliens,who are sucking your State's resources dry?....Lowriver cant do it all by himself.... :p
Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-02-2006, 07:50 PM
i feel your pain......not a rev thing just a ***boat thing :yuk:
Thats for daaam sure!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Yeah but you "earned" it. :rolleyes: :crossx:
There you go with that sh*t:D My bad lue, I will play spanish music for now on. Just for you:D

Boatcop
02-02-2006, 08:01 PM
Instead of a "Fix-It" ticket, it should be a $200.00 fine.
Put the money in a special fund to reimburse those of us who've had to shell out at least that much to replace our windshields when rocks are kicked up from ILLEGAL vehicles.
I've had to do it 4 times. And each time it was from a jacked up highway poser that has probably never even been driven on a dirt road, much less off-road. :mad:
And if jacked trucks are so good for off road, how come race trucks aren't 6 feet off the ground?

77charger
02-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Put the money in a special fund to reimburse those of us who've had to shell out at least that much to replace our windshields when rocks are kicked up from ILLEGAL vehicles.
I've had to do it 4 times. And each time it was from a jacked up highway poser that has probably never even been driven on a dirt road, much less off-road. :mad:
And if jacked trucks are so good for off road, how come race trucks aren't 6 feet off the ground?
But you can wait til they hit the water and then sink them in fines.LOL.
BTW is guy nelson still with your dpt?

slink
02-02-2006, 08:12 PM
Murderers (X)
Rapist (X)
Child Molesters (X)
Occasional gang crime (X)
:) :) :)

Boatcop
02-02-2006, 08:12 PM
But you can wait til they hit the water and then sink them in fines.LOL.
BTW is guy nelson still with your dpt?
I'd rather just sink them. Except the River isn't that deep. :D
Guy left us a few months ago. At least full time. He's still a reserve Deputy, and helps us out when we need it. He took a position with one of the Life Flight Companies. Not sure which one. Regular hours and a ton more money.

SHIFTY
02-02-2006, 08:17 PM
J-FUNK... I HAVE AN OLD TRACTOR RIG SITTIN OUT BACK OF MY SHOP THAT IS LITERALLY DAYS AWAY FROM THE SCRAP YARD. IT HAS MUD FLAPS ON IT, BUT THEY MAY REQUIRE SOME TRIMMING TO FIT YOUR APPLICATION. YOU ARE WELCOME TO THEM, JUST LET ME KNOW AND I'll HAVE ONE OF THE GUYS IN MY SHOP GET A GRINDER AND CUT OFF THE HORIZONTAL SUPPORT.
PM ME, OR JEFF HAS MY CELL NUMBER.

hoolign
02-02-2006, 08:17 PM
You mean who's sole purpose is to 'Make Quota" right or wrong!!

Boatcop
02-02-2006, 08:19 PM
You mean who's sole purpose is to 'Make Quota" right or wrong!!
They don't give us "quotas".
We can write as many as we want.

AltarGirl
02-02-2006, 10:31 PM
They don't give us "quotas".
We can write as many as we want.
I'm not a cop, so I don't know if this is true or not, but don't "ticket writing" cops (I'm not sure what they're called, Traffic cops?) get ticketing writing "Goals" & not quotas? :idea:
My friend's dad was a ticket writing ? cop & he always said that. Is it true? :) :confused:

YeLLowBoaT
02-02-2006, 10:34 PM
I like this Idea... I have had to replace 2... lets not forget all the paint chips....

Kilrtoy
02-02-2006, 10:43 PM
I'm not a cop, so I don't know if this is true or not, but don't "ticket writing" cops (I'm not sure what they're called, Traffic cops?) get ticketing writing "Goals" & not quotas? :idea:
My friend's dad was a ticket writing ? cop & he always said that. Is it true? :) :confused:
its called an expectation. I think almost every job has them, wether you are the postman, milkman or bus driver, you are expected to perform....

AltarGirl
02-02-2006, 10:52 PM
its called an expectation. I think almost every job has them, wether you are the postman, milkman or bus driver, you are expected to perform....
An expectation. That sounds much better than "quota" or "Goal." I have expectations at my job, & they do at theirs. Thanks for filling in all the blanks for me there. :p :p

Boatcop
02-03-2006, 05:00 AM
The only measure of my division is the boating accident rate. As long as it doesn't go up, then we're doing all right.

mike37
02-03-2006, 07:04 AM
I have an idea how we can get back at all the damn cops that are give out tickets
lets all stop breaking the law then they won't be able to give out any tickets
and will eventually loose there jobs that will show them ****ing A holes :mad: :)

Mr. Crusader 83
02-03-2006, 07:18 AM
the head lights are like that to burn the hair on the back of your head when you cut us off in your rice burners. :)

duffster
02-03-2006, 07:35 AM
Why isn't CHP doing anything about the fricking "bottom dump" dirt trucks that roll down the 15fwy and 91fwy's that spread rocks across all lanes.

JetBoatRich
02-03-2006, 08:07 AM
I have an idea how we can get back at all the damn cops that are give out tickets
lets all stop breaking the law then they won't be able to give out any tickets
and will eventually loose there jobs that will show them ****ing A holes :mad: :)
That will work :rolleyes: or they may have to fight other crimes :rollside:

riverracerx
02-03-2006, 08:50 AM
I think almost every job has them, wether you are the postman, milkman or bus driver
Hey Kilr,
What do you think a milkman's expectations are at work? Because the stories I always hear are not about milk.. ;)

Kilrtoy
02-03-2006, 09:54 AM
the head lights are like that to burn the hair on the back of your head when you cut us off in your rice burners. :)
If I owned one, I would maybe, almost, comprehend what you are saying...

Kilrtoy
02-03-2006, 09:55 AM
Hey Kilr,
What do you think a milkman's expectations are at work? Because the stories I always hear are not about milk.. ;)
Oh he is delivering milk, it just takes 10 months to get there :boxed: :boxed: :boxed: :boxed:

Heater
02-03-2006, 10:59 AM
If I owned one, I would maybe, almost, comprehend what you are saying...
I would bet good money that 85% of these "lifted trucks" don't ever go offroad! Please explain the logic behind wasting money to lift a truck and never do anything with it.....sounds like the "big boat, small dick" syndrome has made its way to trucks....
Don't break the law and you won't get a ticket.........

syke-o
02-03-2006, 11:10 AM
I would bet good money that 85% of these "lifted trucks" don't ever go offroad! Please explain the logic behind wasting money to lift a truck and never do anything with it.....sounds like the "big boat, small dick" syndrome has made its way to trucks....
Don't break the law and you won't get a ticket.........
yes the majority of lifted trucks are for looks, but who cares... its like anything else.. i mean why put new rims on your car, are you entering a car show?? no....why upgrade the stereo?? are you going to go to the local sound competition?? no... most people like to modify their vehicles for looks one way or another.. doesnt mean the dude with the modified vehicle has to be an off roader to enjoy the look of their truck being "off-road" looking...

LOWRIVER2
02-21-2006, 03:54 PM
I got a pair of those Enkay mud flaps, they work great. Keeps the trailers looking rock chip free too.
Shoot, no more tint windows at most of my divisions, the captains do spot checks and violators get written up. All's fair: if you write it, gotta live by it.