PDA

View Full Version : Ipod FM transmitter question

River918
03-05-2007, 12:19 AM
Who makes the best iPod FM Transmitter? If you guys can offer your opinion and possibly provide a link ot the one you like....please...:D

copterzach
03-05-2007, 03:14 AM
I have one made by Belkin (From Walmart). I can not seem to eveer find a station that it is not picking up some kind of distortion. I am looking for something better also.

DILLIGAF
03-05-2007, 06:02 AM
To me they all sound terrible when you compare it to a hard wired set up. I refuse to listen to my music that way but have tried it.

riverjunkie
03-05-2007, 07:23 AM
I just bought the auxillary cable that runs from the ipod directly to the radio in the car and I am having trouble with that, it has scratchy patches during songs and sometimes it starts ticking. Does anyone know what the deal is with that, or has anyone experienced this???

nodigg
03-05-2007, 07:43 AM
I use an FM transmitter quite a bit but it works best out in the boonies. Tough to get a clear signal in the radio band crowded areas. Don't know the brand but the big deal on mine is that it is fully tunable and not just a couple of fm choices for stations. Dilli is correct though, there is no beating a hard wired set-up for quality. You still don't get quite as good as a store bought cd however IMO.

thmper321
03-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Are you hooking the ipod up to the factory redio in your car? Scosche has many direct connect ipod adapters for different vehicles. I would not recommend fm modulation unless there is no direct connect adapter availabe. Some of the scosche adapters are bluetooth which allows you to have the ipod within 30ft of the receiver. Pretty trick stuff.

riverjunkie
03-05-2007, 12:33 PM
I am using a 3.5mm audio cable I purchased at Circuit City and plugging it directly into the Aux input directly on the car radio. I get a scratching noise and some like thumping sound. What's the dealio with that??

Beer-30
03-05-2007, 12:51 PM
I get a scratching noise and some like thumping sound. What's the dealio with that??
Is the plug loose, maybe? Sounds like when you plug in audio cable(s) to a subwoofer that is turned on already - - THUMP.
MP3 is already "squashing" or compressing the data of each song. You loose some quality with any compression. Regular CDs have some of the least compression, which gives better audio. Nothing is free.
Given that MP3s on IPODS are already down a little on quality (barely noticeable), then taking more quality away going through FM antenna and tuner = significant reduction in quality.
Others saying to plug into the "aux" on the back of the deck have decks that are equipped with said jack. Not many do, although more and more are coming out "IPOD-ready". Direct-connection is your best bet, I would not waste money on the FM interface.

Jyruiz
03-12-2007, 07:35 AM
I have tested a lot of FM transmitters and the best one was the one made by Monster. I don't use them, but had a chance to get a hold of several and the Monster worked best. I still have the Monster one for backup and use it in the boat once in a great while, like when my cousin comes along with his boat so we can both be playing the same thing.

thmper321
03-13-2007, 08:52 AM
Here is a link to the Scosche Blue Tooth Ipod setup.
http://www.scosche.com/scosche_bluetooth.aspx

finsfan4life
03-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Here is a link to the Scosche Blue Tooth Ipod setup.
http://www.scosche.com/scosche_bluetooth.aspx I am puttting in a ipod interface unit in my new Placecraft..I checked them, they are pretty cool. It allows u to directly control all ipod functions from the stereo controls... Made by Clarion..

Jyruiz
03-22-2007, 07:52 AM
Mine is intergrated to a Sony deck, love being able to control it from the remotes.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27020&stc=1&d=1174578706

dumbandyoung
03-30-2007, 12:21 PM
they all suck! I bought an Itrip($50) and a Belkin($90)..big waste of money! Now they are both in a box on the floor in my garage. Go direct in its worth the cash. Al and eds does a cool set up for around $150.