PDA

View Full Version : Ron Artest arrested.

dmontzsta
03-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Nothing but a thug, like I said a long time ago. :)

Jyruiz
03-05-2007, 06:58 PM
He could be, he could be not, we will never know becuase there are 3 sides to every story. For all we know, the woman beat herself up to make it look that way. I am in no way defending Artest as he is a head case and has proven so time after time, so this is just my opinion.

YeLLowBoaT
03-05-2007, 07:00 PM
He just got charged with animal cruelity for leaving his dog out side for months and not feeding it...

acatitude
03-05-2007, 07:03 PM
yyup Don, who knows but no excuse for that shit, hes dropped into the kobe relm now... to bad ... team was starting to look a lot better the last few games.... but they are 500 without him so we will see...I think most of them are just thugs who can play a little ball

dmontzsta
03-05-2007, 07:14 PM
He could be, he could be not, we will never know becuase there are 3 sides to every story. For all we know, the woman beat herself up to make it look that way. I am in no way defending Artest as he is a head case and has proven so time after time, so this is just my opinion.
That is true, but the way I look at it is. All the stuff that has happened to him, you tend to believe the negative about him a bit more. Like jumping into the stands, something like that shows no self control.

Jyruiz
03-05-2007, 07:20 PM
That is true, but the way I look at it is. All the stuff that has happened to him, you tend to believe the negative about him a bit more. Like jumping into the stands, something like that shows no self control.
I hear you, and that is why I said he is a head case and I am not defending him at all.

AZJD
03-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Jesus, the stuff that happens to athletes is rediculous! it's like they are magnets for whack jobs!

blown65
03-05-2007, 07:37 PM
He just got charged with animal cruelity for leaving his dog out side for months and not feeding it...
uh oh, I hope it wasnt a pit bull. Might be a bad one now and bite someone. LOL :sqeyes:

03-05-2007, 07:51 PM
jy
agree 3 sides but this guy has used up all of his sides, time for him to
find a real job and not the gravytrain NBA

John.
03-05-2007, 08:02 PM
uh oh, I hope it wasnt a pit bull. Might be a bad one now and bite someone. LOL :sqeyes:
he neglected a bunch of dogs and his great dane was in really bad shape and the animal control took the dog to bring it back to better health. he also had a dog run away and get hit by a car. I'm a Kings fan, but wouldn't mind seeing him go to jail for a good long time. he's scum.

blown65
03-05-2007, 08:13 PM
lol, I was just joking about the Pit Bull thing from the other thread.
I hate it when ppl mis-treat animals. With 5 horses, a dog and a cat and a Salt Water Reef tank I'm plenty busy.

dmontzsta
03-05-2007, 08:14 PM
but they are 500 without him so we will see.
I am going to have to strongly disagree here. :D
They are 5 games below .500 with him. He brings great defense and 19points, 3 assists and 6 rebounds per game. Without him, teams with players like Kobe, Wade, McGrady, etc...are going to have a FEAST on the kings.

Old Texan
03-05-2007, 08:36 PM
On ESPN's sports Reporters Sunday Mitch Albom pondered why all these athletes in trouble stories start with, "Last night at 2:30AM outside a local Topless Bar.....":D
It's a lifestyle deal or right place wrong time thing maybe?????:eek:
Ron was just stopping in for a couple beers after bible worship class.....:confused:

dmontzsta
03-06-2007, 09:18 AM
The allegation -- that Artest shoved a woman repeatedly to the floor and then used force to stop her from reporting the crime -- led to his being removed indefinitely from the team as the Kings fight for a spot in the National Basketball Association playoffs. He will continue to be paid his $7.15 million salary for this year. Artest was released on $50,000 bail after spending several hours in the Placer County jail in Auburn. He will be arraigned at 8:30 a.m. March 22 in Placer Superior Court.
The victim was injured but declined medical attention; Scott would not elaborate on the nature of the injuries. The sergeant said Artest had pushed the woman to the floor several times and took the phone from her when she initially tried to call 911. "We are required to make an arrest if we believe domestic violence occurred -- and we did in this case," Scott said.
A neighbor who is not being named by The Bee because she witnessed the incident described an emotional and violent scene. Artest was behind the wheel of his white Hummer when his wife ran from their house, brandishing what looked like a frying pan, the witness said. "He was in the car," the witness said. "The car was in reverse. He was attempting to get away from her." She started hitting the Hummer's windshield with the frying pan, according to the witness. Artest pulled over and the two went back into the house. Five minutes later, Placer County sheriff's deputies arrived.
Geoff Petrie and the Maloofs responded decisively and appropriately. They were neither enablers nor executioners. They uttered neither excuse nor indictment. They sent Ron Artest home for the immediate future, delivered a powerful message to the community, and then went in pursuit of further details and -- one has to assume -- justice for all.
"I've said this to a lot of people," Petrie noted. "There have been no physical confrontations in practice. He has not been destructive. He has not destroyed anything in here, like thrown a TV, or anything that might indicate he was on the verge of going off."

Hardly Satisfied
03-06-2007, 10:10 AM
Nothing but a thug, like I said a long time ago. :)
So what else is new