PDA

View Full Version : Headers

MJS
09-20-2002, 11:54 AM
Hey can someone clue me in on How you keep water out of your Head and Block when you run Wet Headers. Is there a vavle to control shuting the water off when you get ready to shut down your motor? Just got a set of Nisson O.T.Headers and was wondering sense they dont have risers,Looks to me like water could run back down and into your exhaust ports. :confused:
Just Dollars No Sense

Wet Dream
09-20-2002, 09:36 PM
Yes, there is a "T" valve that has a spring and ball in it. At an idle, the spring should be strong enough to keep the water from entering the headers, and when you romp on the throttle, at about 1500 rpm, the pressure from the pump opens the valve and cools the headers. They will be hot at idle, but it keeps water from building in the bends near the heads and potentially cracking them.

superdave013
09-21-2002, 06:00 AM
Take a look at this.
Very nice.
banderlog water valve (http://www.banderlog.com/waterInjectionValve/waterInjection.html)
http://www.banderlog.com/waterInjectionValve/images/modualNWires.jpg

slotracer
09-21-2002, 06:33 AM
i am one of the test boats for the banderlog water
valve one of the best things for a jetboat you can buy. i used to get water in my oil all the time but since i install the valve no more water at all. be smart and buy one. pat(slotracer) :D :D

Wet Dream
09-21-2002, 07:24 AM
Don't stop there you guys. Why don't you give us a little info on how it works and how much this thing is going to cost???

MJS
09-21-2002, 10:14 AM
Well thank`s for the info, But which way is better,The old reliable, Spring and Ball or The new, Suck your battery down style? Would just like to know which is better so I dont screw up a good size investment.You guy`s are the Tryed and True so what ever you tell me I`ll go by. Thank`s again. These Forums are great to Learn by!!!!
Just Dollars No Sense

HammerDown
09-21-2002, 03:55 PM
[ September 21, 2002, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

flat broke
09-22-2002, 09:25 AM
Retail for the Banderlog water injection control valve is $250. The unit is RPM driven and can be set to inject water at either 1500 or 2000 RPM. As stated by Slotracer, the setup works well and is pretty easy to install. If you would like more information feel free to check out the website (http://www.banderlog.com/waterInjectionValve/waterInjection.html) As a distributor of Banderlog products, I'd be more than happy to answer any additional questions or help you get your hands on a unit of your own. Feel free to email me at admin@liquidaddiction.net
Thanks,
Chris

superdave013
09-22-2002, 06:51 PM
Wet Dream:
Don't stop there you guys. Why don't you give us a little info on how it works and how much this thing is going to cost???Bro, I posted the link to all that info. Just click on it. I didn't know Flat Broke was a distributor. I know Chris and he's a real good guy. I highly recomend going through him.

Leather&Lace455
09-23-2002, 08:45 AM
I was planning to install a Water Pressure Regulator (question posted earlier). Home Depot
has an adjustable Regulator (300 max psi input), for $30.