PDA

View Full Version : Cops: Husband Kidnapped Daughter, Strapped Her Into Plane, Crashed Into Mother-in-Law

RitcheyRch
03-06-2007, 07:11 AM
Another sick individual.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,256688,00.html
INDIANAPOLIS — By the time Beth Johnson rushed to tell police that she suspected her ex-husband had abducted their 8-year-old daughter, it was too late.
Eric Johnson had already strapped Emily into the passenger seat of a leased single-engine Cessna and taken off from Virgil I. Grissom Municipal Airport, police said. Moments later, the aircraft slammed into the side of his former mother-in-law's house.
Johnson, 47, and his daughter died in the crash, which investigators suspect was intentional. Federal authorities on Tuesday were in southern Indiana trying to figure out what led up to that devastating crash.
"It is just gut-wrenching to think about what was happening to that child just prior to the crash," State Police 1st Sgt. Dave Bursten said.
Emily didn't go to school Monday, and her mother arrived at the Bedford police headquarters about 11:30 a.m. to say she believed her ex-husband had abducted the girl, Bursten said.
By then, investigators already were examining the wreckage of the plane crash at the home of her mother, Vivian Pace, in Bedford, about 20 miles south of Bloomington.
Burston said Tuesday that police understood the father and daughter had been on a trip. He said Beth Johnson gave specific information about an alleged abduction, but he declined to release details.
"All of those things together lead us in the direction that this was done intentionally," he said Tuesday.
Before the pilot was identified, Pace told The Times-Mail newspaper that she was in the living room when the plane struck the side of her one-story home. She said everything fell off the walls. Pace wasn't injured, and the crash into a side wall did not start a fire.
Bursten said eyewitness accounts of the plane's movements just before the crash led police to suspect the crash was deliberate, as did the relationships involved.
"I thought he would do something to get back at Beth," Pace said. "He was a very possessive person. He got what he wanted."
State and Bedford police were treating the criminal investigation as a suicide and homicide, Bursten said. No note of explanation had yet been found, Bursten said. He said authorities hoped to have a better understanding of what happened and why after the National Transportation Safety Board completes its investigation, which could take up to a year.

deltarat
03-06-2007, 07:41 AM
This just sickens me!

Outnumbered
03-06-2007, 07:44 AM
That is so fukked up.:confused:

Jyruiz
03-06-2007, 07:55 AM
Focking asshole, may the little girl R.I.P.

IMPATIENT 1
03-06-2007, 07:55 AM
sik phuck, makes my skin crawl thinking about it:mad:

LHC30Victory
03-06-2007, 08:55 AM
I was thinking that those no goods who taught their 4 and 5 year olds to smoke weed were bad....then THIS!! Is there no limit to the rottenness of mankind???:mad:

tcook33
03-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Phucker.

DMOORE
03-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Too bad these sickos never just off themselves. They always have to take someone else with them. Very sad.
Darrell.

Ziggy
03-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Too bad these sickos never just off themselves. They always have to take someone else with them. Very sad.
Darrell.
Exactly what I was thinking, why involve the innocent child? Just to get even with the Ex? Sick motha fu(ka.:mad: :mad: .........Some people just have no rational reasoning :rolleyes: :mad:

DAVEO
03-06-2007, 09:38 AM
That is sick. Why bring a child in to it?