PDA

View Full Version : Would you prosecute?

Daytona100
03-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Im currently seperated from my wife and to make ends meet I rent out some rooms. I rented a room out to a couple and everything was cool for a while. So I fly to Reno to visit with the wife for the weekend and I get a call from my bank. They inform me that someone is there trying to cash a check for 275.00 and did I write it. I inform the bank that I didn,t write any checks and they didn,t honor the check. Surprise it was the roommates. They were stupid enough to sign there names on it and there on camera. I know where they currently live and today the prosecuter called to see if I wanted to press charges. Would you prosecute or just be happy there gone?

Jetaholic
03-06-2007, 10:20 AM
Im currently seperated from my wife and to make ends meet I rent out some rooms. I rented a room out to a couple and everything was cool for a while. So I fly to Reno to visit with the wife for the weekend and I get a call from my bank. They inform me that someone is there trying to cash a check for 275.00 and did I write it. I inform the bank that I didn,t write any checks and they didn,t honor the check. Surprise it was the roommates. They were stupid enough to sign there names on it and there on camera. I know where they currently live and today the prosecuter called to see if I wanted to press charges. Would you prosecute or just be happy there gone?
I say prosecute. You have all the proof you need and if you don't, this could happen to someone else.

Jbb
03-06-2007, 10:21 AM
To the fullest extent of the law....
And start hanging with a better crowd...:)

HocusPocus
03-06-2007, 10:22 AM
prosecute, prosecute, prosecute.
you can't let someone get away with trying to rip you off. im sure it wasn't the first time they tried something like this but it may be the first time they got caught.

probablecause
03-06-2007, 10:23 AM
Sounds like someone already called the cops and made a report because the prosecutor called you (which I have never heard of). Normally it would be a Detective calling you for that information and to find out whether or not you gave the subject(s) permission to cash the check. I would just go and evict them right on the spot (yeah I know the laws but tell them they have a hour to grab their shit and get out or you will prosecute. Who knows what else they are up to.

YeLLowBoaT
03-06-2007, 10:24 AM
1st I would boot then to the curb, change the locks, then let the DA have them.

Daytona100
03-06-2007, 10:26 AM
To the fullest extent of the law....
And start hanging with a better crowd...:)
It was a money thing. We didnt hang out. Currently have new renters and so far so good.

Outnumbered
03-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Hell ya. If you don't then they will screw someone else. Too many people turn their heads and that is why scum-bags get away with so much shit. Do the right thing and teach these scum bags a lesson.
Chances are they stole other stuff from you already and you don't even know it yet.

Daytona100
03-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Sounds like someone already called the cops and made a report because the prosecutor called you (which I have never heard of). Normally it would be a Detective calling you for that information and to find out whether or not you gave the subject(s) permission to cash the check. I would just go and evict them right on the spot (yeah I know the laws but tell them they have a hour to grab their shit and get out or you will prosecute. Who knows what else they are up to.
I called the cops when I was in Reno to make sure they were gone also had the locks changed.

Daytona100
03-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Hell ya. If you don't then they will screw someone else. Too many people turn their heads and that is why scum-bags get away with so much shit. Do the right thing and teach these scum bags a lesson.
Chances are they stole other stuff from you already and you don't even know it yet.
This is true. Somehow my t-shirt collection shrank. And some misc.

Force This
03-06-2007, 10:36 AM
prosecute, prosecute, prosecute.

ratso
03-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Used to you could go kick their worthless ass... since you can't do that nowdays, prosecute.

little rowe boat
03-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Go after their thieving a$$e$.

blown65
03-06-2007, 10:41 AM
I'd say prosecute also. Maybe just maybe it will save someone down the line from being taken by them.

Daytona100
03-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Looks unanimous prosecute the deadbeats!!!!!

Racey
03-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Throw the book at these scumbags, you invite them into your house and they steal from you, F*** That! what a bunch of dirtbag scoundrels

phebus
03-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait a minute. What is the rush to judgement. What does the chick look like? :D

Daytona100
03-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait a minute. What is the rush to judgement. What does the chick look like? :D
Not bad a blonde but she,s hooked with a dirtbag that didn,t want to work and she has a baby with this s**tbag.

phebus
03-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Well then, there's always blackmail :D