PDA

View Full Version : hats off to Billy B.

YeLLowBoaT
03-06-2007, 02:49 PM
I just got done spraying two coats of primer on the bottum of my boat... the 1st light and the 2nd med wet... My arm is about to fall off. Now I'm a painter by trade and spend many hours with a airless/ cup gun in my hand. I've painted cars, truck, airplanes, and pretty much every thing else that needs to be painted. I must say this was one of the most unconforable thing I have ever painted. Leaning over like that and the long distances that need to be sprayed and diffrent angles and postions...
Hats off to you for doing it ever day.

ratso
03-06-2007, 02:57 PM
What topcoat you using?

YeLLowBoaT
03-06-2007, 03:01 PM
For that just a single stage... urathane(sp?)

ratso
03-06-2007, 03:04 PM
For that just a single stage... urathane(sp?)
That is probably best, other than gelcoat...
We've done quite a few over the years until going strictly gelcoat. You using an epoxy primer?

YeLLowBoaT
03-06-2007, 03:10 PM
PCL ployester its what billy suguested. I would have liked to go gel, but I don't have the time or the space to do that( boat won't fit in the garage. even if I took out all my tools :D so its in a temp car shelter in the drive way.)
At about 75 a gallon its awhole lot cheaper then epoxy... it also sands like plaster in a fine dust. The hardner is just MEKP. Had to put it thru my shaker 4 times to get it all stired up. ( it really is nice haveing a shaker at home ;) )

Baja Big Dog
03-06-2007, 06:39 PM
Yellow????