PDA

View Full Version : Single Carb?????

pw_Tony
03-06-2007, 07:03 PM
You guys every deal with a single carb on a blower in a boat? Just an idead but I wanted to hear your guys pros and cons on the piece. Thanks

pw_Tony
03-08-2007, 10:56 AM
No info huh?

IMPATIENT 1
03-08-2007, 12:32 PM
blowers cram in more air, therefore it requires more fuel.if you can keep it from detonating with a single carb on a small displacement motor, by all mean go for it.if i ran a single carb and was plannin on more than 3-4lbs boost, the carb would be a boost referenced dominator fo sho!

pw_Tony
03-08-2007, 03:48 PM
blowers cram in more air, therefore it requires more fuel.if you can keep it from detonating with a single carb on a small displacement motor, by all mean go for it.if i ran a single carb and was plannin on more than 3-4lbs boost, the carb would be a boost referenced dominator fo sho!
Well I have a 468 BBF and I was planning to run 4-5lbs of boost. My main concern is that a guy told me in a boat the dual carbs is essential to cool down the rotors with the gas flowing, with one carb in other words wouldn't cool the rotors enough to run in a boat. What do yah think that is true or a bunch of crap?

DMOORE
03-08-2007, 04:24 PM
A blown 468 is a LOT of motor for a single carb. You could get away with it on a smallblock, but I would think you would be way undercarbed on a 468. Like impatient said, a dominator would be the only carb that might work.
Darrell.

pw_Tony
03-08-2007, 04:42 PM
A blown 468 is a LOT of motor for a single carb. You could get away with it on a smallblock, but I would think you would be way undercarbed on a 468. Like impatient said, a dominator would be the only carb that might work.
Darrell.
Thanks for the advise. It's a real, realy mild blower motor and I was just seeing if I could get away with one cabr so I didn't have to spend some more money. But if you experienced guys thinks it's not enough then I wont

VDRIVERACING
03-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Besides, why would you want one carb? Two look way more cool and attract twice as many babes. I mean, that IS why we do this, right???;)

DMOORE
03-08-2007, 06:22 PM
Besides, why would you want one carb? Two look way more cool and attract twice as many babes. I mean, that IS why we do this, right???;)
You got it!
Darrell.

pw_Tony
03-08-2007, 06:31 PM
I know if I had the money for dual carbs and gas I wouldn't think twice about it! There's a guy on ebay selling a pair of blower calibrated 750's with fuel lines, linkage, regulator, high rise adapter plate, and scoop for like $800 so far. You guys think that would be too much carb for a mild 468 BBF?

DMOORE
03-08-2007, 07:00 PM
I know if I had the money for dual carbs and gas I wouldn't think twice about it! There's a guy on ebay selling a pair of blower calibrated 750's with fuel lines, linkage, regulator, high rise adapter plate, and scoop for like $800 so far. You guys think that would be too much carb for a mild 468 BBF?
With proper jetting I think it would work great for ya. Remember 468 cubes, is no mouse motor.
Darrell.

IMPATIENT 1
03-08-2007, 07:29 PM
here's what i paid for my dual 750 dp holley set-up:
matched set of t-ram 4150 dp holley 750's used on ebay needing kits 200.00
the mod to turn these into boost referenced carbs is super easy to do and costs ya a few bb's,2 new power valves, some vaccum hose and a main body gasket.easy peasy!
ederle dual sideways mounted blower throttle linkage kit new offa ebay 110.00 the kit is very nice, needle bearing joints, nice lookin too,
fuel line for both carbs, ebay 150.00 new weiand kit
old school polished blower scoop for duals, new off ebay 120.00
bypass regulator 125.00 , doug herbet performance
i got about 7-800 in my carb set-up too not counting what the kits will cost me, the powder i coat them with, odds and ends.find ya a matched set of 750's, or wait till next yr. when i upgrade to dual dominators:D and i'll make ya adeal on mine;)

pw_Tony
03-08-2007, 07:48 PM
here's what i paid for my dual 750 dp holley set-up:
matched set of t-ram 4150 dp holley 750's used on ebay needing kits 200.00
the mod to turn these into boost referenced carbs is super easy to do and costs ya a few bb's,2 new power valves, some vaccum hose and a main body gasket.easy peasy!
ederle dual sideways mounted blower throttle linkage kit new offa ebay 110.00 the kit is very nice, needle bearing joints, nice lookin too,
fuel line for both carbs, ebay 150.00 new weiand kit
old school polished blower scoop for duals, new off ebay 120.00
bypass regulator 125.00 , doug herbet performance
i got about 7-800 in my carb set-up too not counting what the kits will cost me, the powder i coat them with, odds and ends.find ya a matched set of 750's, or wait till next yr. when i upgrade to dual dominators:D and i'll make ya adeal on mine;)
Heck yes! I guess I'll just have to be Patient Impatient 1 and wait for some deals on ebay. I'll see if the single carb works I suppose. Thanks for the advise...Tony

pw_Tony
03-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Oh yeah here's the link if you guys wanna take a look... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300087923093&rd=1&rd=1

IMPATIENT 1
03-09-2007, 07:08 AM
Oh yeah here's the link if you guys wanna take a look... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300087923093&rd=1&rd=1
those are nice parts, he'll get his money's worth outta them

TIMINATOR
03-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Dual 650s will do the job just fine at under 10 lbs., YOU WILL GET GREEDY WITH THE BOOST! Everybody does. Dual carbs have twice as many needle and seats and twice the fuel bowl capacity, and thats a lot easier on the fuel delivery system. The rotor cooling is more uniform and so is the rotor to rotor and rotor to case sealing and lubrication, (from the fuel) with dual carbs.
TIMINATOR