PDA

View Full Version : Lakers, another man down.

dmontzsta
03-06-2007, 08:18 PM
Is this a ****ING joke? geeez, enough already. Ronny Turiaf left the game with back spasms after coming down wrong. Kwame Brown is still only playing half the game and is no where near where he should be, he shouldnt even be playing. Radman - OUT, Walton - OUT, Turiaf - OUT, Odom - OUT, Mihm - OUT.
****!

a catered life
03-06-2007, 09:02 PM
i think its the man:confused:

dmontzsta
03-06-2007, 09:04 PM
i think its the man:confused:
DILLIGAF? I think so too, he must have some voodoo tricks he is doing!

DILLIGAF
03-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Possibly Lakers out?
Hey, they have had a lot of injuries Don but you sound like a broken friggin' record. After Kobe playing 50+ minutes tonight don't look for anything better tomorrow. Their season is unraveling faster than a PHX shot clock :)

DILLIGAF
03-06-2007, 09:06 PM
DILLIGAF? I think so too, he must have some voodoo tricks he is doing!
KUM BA SHITTY WAH!
lol

dmontzsta
03-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Possibly Lakers out?
Hey, they have had a lot of injuries Don but you sound like a broken friggin' record. After Kobe playing 50+ minutes tonight don't look for anything better tomorrow. Their season is unraveling faster than a PHX shot clock :)
Damn right I sound like a broken record! :D And it sucks I have to!!!
So far the only one on the team who has not been injured is the trainer. lol. He is earning that money this year.

DILLIGAF
03-06-2007, 09:15 PM
Damn right I sound like a broken record! :D And it sucks I have to!!!
So far the only one on the team who has not been injured is the trainer. lol. He is earning that money this year.
Break the injuries down Don....besides ankles maybe, just maybe it is a conditioning thing? I don't know but it has been bad for the Lakers. I have to admit though, I don't feel sorry for them. The Clippers have had their share of injuries also. I just accept it and say "Oh well"

dmontzsta
03-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Break the injuries down Don....besides ankles maybe, just maybe it is a conditioning thing? I don't know but it has been bad for the Lakers. I have to admit though, I don't feel sorry for them. The Clippers have had their share of injuries also. I just accept it and say "Oh well"
This is another quote that shows your "inexperience?" with the NBA. How are you going to blame injuries on conditioning? Saying that a caliber team like the Lakers with a coach like Phil Jackson doesn't train hard, first of all that just shows idiocy, sorry! :) Second, injuries do not have anything to do with their conditioning. Third, the clippers have not even had CLOSE to the injuries the Lakers have and the Lakers are still ahead of them, so what does that say?
The Lakers season might be unraveling, but it is not from lack of talent, it is purely injuries and that is part of the game, but they have been hit HARD this season, probably harder than any team in history.

skygod73
03-07-2007, 02:48 AM
Yeah the injuries have had a big impact, but what can you do. What bothers me is the fact that they are a DUMB team!
1) Sasha turning the ball over with a desperate inbound pass at the end of the game when you have a TO left.
2) Allowing KG to drive the lane a get up a shot (leading to game tying put back) with a few secs left in OT with a foul to give.
3) A complete inability to play effective offense against a zone defense.
4) Inability to draw up a play out of a TO to get a decent shot.
5) Players passing up good shots at the end of games to dump the ball in Kobe's hand with the shot clock winding down.
6) Taking way to long to initiate the offense all game long.
7) Smush goes mental and misses 4 FT's at the end of reg and OT.
8) Mental lapses on D all season long.
9) Jacking up too many 3's.
These are the one's off the top of my head. This team can really piss me off because I see flashes of the potential. All of the things above cannot be blamed on injuries. Granted, if they had stayed relatively healthy we'd be looking at 50 wins. There is just no excuse for the dumb things they do, PJ needs to step up and coach this sh!t. I can't stand the thought of wasting the prime of one of the most skilled players in NBA history. They better make a serious effort this summer to get KG, or another all star. Everyone except Kobe and Bynum should be on the block, Bynum if necessary in a package for KG.
Rant over!

DILLIGAF
03-07-2007, 05:20 AM
This is another quote that shows your "inexperience?" with the NBA. How are you going to blame injuries on conditioning? Saying that a caliber team like the Lakers with a coach like Phil Jackson doesn't train hard, first of all that just shows idiocy, sorry! :) Second, injuries do not have anything to do with their conditioning. Third, the clippers have not even had CLOSE to the injuries the Lakers have and the Lakers are still ahead of them, so what does that say?
The Lakers season might be unraveling, but it is not from lack of talent, it is purely injuries and that is part of the game, but they have been hit HARD this season, probably harder than any team in history.
Not even close Don....lol
Conditioning also occurs in the off-season butthead. Who actually worked on their game and stayed in shape instead of just screwing around during that time. It will have an impact on your season and I believe that is what happened to the Clippers to an extent. Kobe is not one of them of course as he stays in shape at all times and he was rehabbing from his knee situation.

skygod73
03-07-2007, 11:37 AM
I don't see how conditioning had anything to do with these injuries. As you stated ankles certainly don't, so rule out Mihm, Kwame, and Luke's. As for Lamar, the knee was a freak play which he landed funny, and the shoulder got bumped in a weird motion similar to D Wade. Kobe's had shoulder problems in the past and you certainly would never accuse Wade or Kobe of a lack of conditioning. Lamar is just an injury prone player, see T Mac, G Hill, Livingston, etc... Turiaf worked himself back from heart surgery last year and is a high energy/hard working player, I doubt conditioning has anything to do with his back spasms. If we were seeing pulled muscles and injuruies related to carrying too much weight I'd agree.

DILLIGAF
03-07-2007, 01:51 PM
What about being tired and trying to do something more than you are capable? You think that could be an issue? Most injuries occur when someone is tired and still trying hard but the body won't respond or they are going less than full speed and shit happens.
Hmmmmmm.............Could an ankle injury occur that way, of course it can.

dmontzsta
03-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Dude, injuries are injuries and have nothing to do with conditioning, geez, you are getting old! Coming down wrong, going up wrong, bending something one way or another is all accidental injuries, there is no way to prep for injuries, shit happens as they say.

DILLIGAF
03-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Dude, injuries are injuries and have nothing to do with conditioning, geez, you are getting old! Coming down wrong, going up wrong, bending something one way or another is all accidental injuries, there is no way to prep for injuries, shit happens as they say.
Shit does happen Don. Conditioning or a lack of conditioning play a major roll in injuries to professional atheletes each and every day. It is not out of the possibility and you guys are acting like you have all the ****in' answers. Pretty silly to argue something like this anyhow. At first glance ya, maybe they are just freak injuries. Just don't discount the possibility of what I am saying, that's all I am saying.
Are you guys saying this is not a possibility?
What about being tired and trying to do something more than you are capable? You think that could be an issue? Most injuries occur when someone is tired and still trying hard but the body won't respond or they are going less than full speed and shit happens.

acatitude
03-07-2007, 02:15 PM
injuries binjuries, blah blah every team has them and some excuse. thats why you have 14 guys on a rooster.... no ARterst again last night and we won our 4th in a row.... now the next will be tougher against SA, but only 1 game out of the 8th spot clipper fans :D :D

dmontzsta
03-07-2007, 02:17 PM
DILLF, we are talking about professional athletes that play for the Los Angeles Lakers! Lets look at the players that are out right now FOR THE LAKERS, since you say they lack conditioning.
Vlad Rad - Snowboarding accident.
Lamar Odom - Re-injured his shoulder which he had surgery on 4 years ago.
Ronny Turiaf - Day to Day with Back Spasms.
Luke Walton - Landed on the side of a players foot and tweaked his ankle.
Chris Mihm - Landed on the side of a players foot and tweaked his ankle. BAD
Sounds like they need to train harder in the off season! :D

dmontzsta
03-07-2007, 02:22 PM
injuries binjuries, blah blah every team has them and some excuse. thats why you have 14 guys on a rooster.... no ARterst again last night and we won our 4th in a row.... now the next will be tougher against SA, but only 1 game out of the 8th spot clipper fans :D :D
You are right, but when 6 of your players are hurt, 4 of which are starters, it kind of makes it a LITTLE tougher. Oh yeah, now no Kobe tonight, might as well forfeit, they will be playing with only 9 players!

acatitude
03-07-2007, 02:27 PM
I feel your pain Don.......NOT:) ..... we all have problems and with the best player in the league per you...... shouldnt matter, just let the koblaker score a 100...... most teams go thru shit at some point, just hope you can hang on and be healthy for the playoffs, even tho your bound to get blown out in the 1st round just like the kings will.....

dmontzsta
03-07-2007, 02:31 PM
I feel your pain Don.......NOT:) ..... we all have problems and with the best player in the league per you...... shouldnt matter, just let the koblaker score a 100...... most teams go thru shit at some point, just hope you can hang on and be healthy for the playoffs, even tho your bound to get blown out in the 1st round just like the kings will.....
Problem is...HE IS SUSPENDED and they are on the road playing the second game of a back to back with 9 player and they played double overtime last night, so I think this is another loss.

acatitude
03-07-2007, 02:36 PM
well dont feel bad we have SA next and prolly no Artest again for a while. Im not defending Artest, let me make that perfectly clear, but I listened to the 911 call regarding his mishap and it was so much BS from the caller, unbelievable they let women get away with that shit, regardless of who was wrong. She just wanted to fock with him and the police werent coming till she played the domestic violence card about a minute into the call... and that after she said oh yea I broke his front window out of his car,, lol....... to funny...they should have thrown her ass in jail...

dmontzsta
03-07-2007, 02:52 PM
well dont feel bad we have SA next and prolly no Artest again for a while. Im not defending Artest, let me make that perfectly clear, but I listened to the 911 call regarding his mishap and it was so much BS from the caller, unbelievable they let women get away with that shit, regardless of who was wrong. She just wanted to fock with him and the police werent coming till she played the domestic violence card about a minute into the call... and that after she said oh yea I broke his front window out of his car,, lol....... to funny...they should have thrown her ass in jail...
Do you think the kings will void his contract?

AirtimeLavey
03-07-2007, 03:23 PM
While there is some truth to what you're saying, the injuries to the lakers have involved other people (landing on someone elses foot, etc) or activities, and non of those were or can be attributed to conditioning. These aren't injuries where they were running and cutting and rolled an angle because they were tired. Injuries can and do happen when a person is tired, even if they're in the best shape, but it's just not the case w/the current injuries to the Lakers. :idea:
Also, to say that injuries don't impact a team's performance is rediculous. Yeah, you can pull your jock strap up and play w/who're left, but it's crazy to say that the bench should be able to step in with the same level of play. A team's gonna be tangibly and directly affected by the players who are on the floor, duh. Dumb argument to say if the Lakers were great they'd still be winning through it all. I don't care who your coach is, it's not reality. :rolleyes:
If you want to try to trash the Lakers, then at least bring it in a way that makes sense, not when they're mostly injured. That's WEAK! :rolleyes: :D

KineticoH20
03-07-2007, 04:13 PM
OK, let's be logical here for a sec guys. A: The lakers were not nearly a championship team this year. B: While healthy they were the number 3 or 4 team in the League fact! C: Any team that loses that many starters as the Lakers have are going to suffer. D: We were doing pretty well concidering what we have, remember we are in the last year of the Shaq trade cash problems. This year we get Grants 15 mil, Mimm's 5 mil, etc...etc...etc... of the books. Now next year we will be flush to build around Kobe. E: Last year we almost took out Pheonix with Kobe and some scrubs. F: This year we still have a better record than the worlds champs and they have talent.
It would have been interesting to see what a healthy Lakers team would have done this year. A 50 win season for sure and a threat to beat anyone. All things concidered we are OK, till next season then it will get interesting.
It's Dallas's to lose this year.

DILLIGAF
03-07-2007, 07:03 PM
DILLF, we are talking about professional athletes that play for the Los Angeles Lakers! Lets look at the players that are out right now FOR THE LAKERS, since you say they lack conditioning.
Vlad Rad - Snowboarding accident.
Lamar Odom - Re-injured his shoulder which he had surgery on 4 years ago.
Ronny Turiaf - Day to Day with Back Spasms.
Luke Walton - Landed on the side of a players foot and tweaked his ankle.
Chris Mihm - Landed on the side of a players foot and tweaked his ankle. BAD
Sounds like they need to train harder in the off season! :D
BIACH...I never said they lacked conditioning I just brought it up as a possible cause and you took it and ran with it. Go take some of your friggin' Riatlin and calm the **** down
:)

DILLIGAF
03-07-2007, 07:12 PM
While there is some truth to what you're saying, the injuries to the lakers have involved other people (landing on someone elses foot, etc) or activities, and non of those were or can be attributed to conditioning. These aren't injuries where they were running and cutting and rolled an angle because they were tired. Injuries can and do happen when a person is tired, even if they're in the best shape, but it's just not the case w/the current injuries to the Lakers. :idea:
Also, to say that injuries don't impact a team's performance is rediculous. Yeah, you can pull your jock strap up and play w/who're left, but it's crazy to say that the bench should be able to step in with the same level of play. A team's gonna be tangibly and directly affected by the players who are on the floor, duh. Dumb argument to say if the Lakers were great they'd still be winning through it all. I don't care who your coach is, it's not reality. :rolleyes:
If you want to try to trash the Lakers, then at least bring it in a way that makes sense, not when they're mostly injured. That's WEAK! :rolleyes: :D
You LF's pull out the trashing card all the time. I just said it was a possibility or asked if that could possibly be the case. At the same time I was saying that yes, they have had a lot of injuries.
Stop with the whining and shit....It doesn't do your team any good at all so whats the point. That is what I consider WEAK!