PDA

View Full Version : rebuild pump

LEADFOOTjosh
03-07-2007, 12:31 AM
I have a berkley "e" pump.. which needs to be rebuilt.. what is the average cost to pay..
and where should I go??
I am In so cal.. i am open to shops and guys who do it in the garage..

SmokinLowriderSS
03-07-2007, 03:37 AM
IMO the "best" place to go would be the only place you can get the Ultimate Wear Ring which IMO seals better than any metal ones to (tighter tolerance to the impeller), which is Hi-Tech Performance.
[URL="http://http://hi-techperformance.com/"hi-techperformance.com[/URL]
The rebuild kit price from him is $236 right now, including that $124 polyurethane UWR I spoke of above.
You can add a DPS shaft seal for an additional $90 or so and get away from the rope seals.
New aluminum (tenzaloy) impeller added to it will be another $300 alone, prob a bit better in package with the rebuild kit.
If you plan to re-use your impeller, send it to him and he will machine the UWR to fit the impeller.

Cs19
03-07-2007, 10:06 PM
Leadfoot send me a PM, I would like to give you a phone number. I tried Pm'ing you but you dont accept PMs for some reason? you need to adjust your profile.
Chris.

Oldsquirt
03-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Chris, I don't think the newbies have PM priveledges for a while, unless they get a mod( like Rexone) to turn them on for them.

Heatseeker
03-08-2007, 05:37 PM
You can also get the Ultimate Wear Ring from Tom @ Jetboat Performance. He has good prices on rebuild kits also. And he's a little closer to you which means you'd probably get your order in a day or two.
Just another option.

jetboatperformance
03-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Josh E&F -pump overhauls unlike a,b,c,g's are generally repaired /done "in the boat" as their suctions (main pump bodies) are originally "epoxy set" and not easily removed.This makes the work/job a little more difficult .Thus a little more expensive so its very important when you are comparing prices & quotes that you factor this in. Make sure your talking "apples and oranges" . Overhaul on an "E" will require pulling the motor or lifting it(the engine ) out of the way (the pump shaft assy comes out forward) or the consider the nasty task of "breaking" up the epoxyaround the "E" suction to remove it, the jet from the hull (not fun) . Pump overhaul and "blueprint" prices seem to vary greatly from shop to shop and depend largly on the type of parts used brand and quality of parts and of course whats damaged if any beyond "service parts" Not to mention labor prices. Hope this helps some call or email for "coaching" and tech help we "walk folks thru" these types of repairs daily Thanks Tom 805 466 4719
BTW email the HB Moderators if you need help getting your PM's set up :)

Schiada Time
03-08-2007, 09:01 PM
MPD- Jack McClure will set you up. His shop is located in Costa Mesa. (Marine Performance Designs)

LEADFOOTjosh
03-08-2007, 11:52 PM
thanks for all the info guys....